fourteen

hearts adjacent - wonwoo x junhui

Jihoon watched the boys walking towards the dance studio with a satisfied expression. They weren't holding hands or touching at all but something had changed. He could tell. He nudged Soonyoung and smiled and the other boy smiled back as they opened up the room and walked in.

"Hey!" An excessively cheerful Jun called out to the other boys. "Hope you don't mind but Wonwoo wanted to come and watch again!" Wonwoo looked around at the smirkingly satisfied faces grinning at them, went red, and headed to the far side where Jihoon was encased in a hoodie and headphones. When Jihoon saw him coming he took his headphones off. "Are they always like that?" Wonwoo asked. "Yep. 24/7." Jihoon rolled his eyes.

"You can thank me now." Jihoon said to a confused Wonwoo. "He didn't tell you? If he listened to those fools he never would have went back to you on Saturday afternoon. So you can thank me." Wonwoo smiled down at his hands as he distractedly twisted the hem of his hoodie. "Thanks." He whispered. "He really cares. He was absolutely cut up on Saturday. Just go easy on him. I know how it feels to be thrown into feelings you haven't dealt with yet." "Thanks Jihoon." Wonwoo said. "If you've got any advice I'd be glad to hear it." Jihoon smirked. "Make sure you use a lot of lube." Wonwoo went red from his ears down to his toes. He retreated inside his hoodie.

But as he watched Jun dance he was reminded of his attraction to the beautiful boy. His feelings were deep, he had a genuine love for him, but he also craved a physical connection. The way he moved was intoxicating. He knew Jun would be reluctant. He would just have to be patient. Surprisingly, Jihoon gave good advice, and Wonwoo was grateful for it. Also he would have to go to the mall. "Jihoon." He whispered softly without looking up. "Where do you buy lube?"


Nothing else had really changed between them. They sat out on the roof and ate their lunch, the comfortable silence between them reassuring, the quiet company relaxing. It was so easy to be together. Jun wanted to skip the dance studio, he needed some time with Wonwoo, he craved for his undivided attention. Jun smiled as he watched Wonwoo chew his sandwich. He had always been a messy eater. When the boy finally swallowed Jun leaned over and wiped a few crumbs away from Wonwoo's lips with his thumb. His face lingered close, he wanted to kiss him so bad, but he was still unsure. He didn't know how much was too much for Wonwoo and he didn't want to scare him off or make him uncomfortable. Jun never imagined himself to be the clingy type but it took all his self control to refrain from constantly touching Wonwoo.

He looked away and moved back to his original position, sitting against the wall, as close as he could get to Wonwoo without touching him. He failed to notice the slight waver of disappointment on the other boy's face. "So. Exams are coming up." Jun began nervously. "I know you are always busy during the week, with the astronomy club, and studying, but I was kind of hoping we could maybe study together a bit?" Jun knew he was clutching at straws but he was just desperate to get more time with Wonwoo. "Maybe Friday night? And you could sleep over if you wanted to?" Jun shuffled awkwardly as he packed his lunch mess back into his bag. "That's only if you want to." The last sentence was barely a whisper.

"I want to!" Wonwoo said quickly, a little too quickly, and cringed. . He didn't want to seem to eager. Too late. He looked up at Jun who was blushing from the tips of his ears. Jun held his hand out, and when Wonwoo took it, he pulled him into his arms. Kiss me. Please. Was all Wonwoo could think. He thought Jun was going to before, with the crumbs, and the wiping. But Jun had pulled away at the last minute. This time Wonwoo moved into Jun's body and ran his fingers through the white blond hair he had grown so attached to. Jun's dark roots were showing through but Wonwoo hoped he kept it.

They stood eye to eye on the roof of the school with only the sky above them. And finally, when Wonwoo thought he was out of luck, Jun leaned in and kissed him. With the cold breeze accentuating the warmth between their bodies Wonwoo and Jun's lips melted into each other. It was better than Saturday, in the heat of their heightened emotions, this was relaxed and fun and perfect. Hunger burned inside Wonwoo, desire ignited like a flame, as he gripped Jun's hair and pushed his tongue inside his mouth. He wanted to have patience, to let Jun take the lead, but he was just taking too long. He had never known Jun, bright and bold and outgoing Jun, to be so timid. The more of Jun's mouth he tasted the more he wanted and with one hand in Jun's hair and the other on his waist he kissed him like it was his last chance on earth.

Jun was taken aback by Wonwoo's boldness. His Wonwoo, the boy who didn't enjoy close contact, the boy who needed personal space, was kissing him with a desire that Jun could feel through his whole body. Jun matched his passion and they kissed until they broke apart, breathless, desperate for oxygen. "I've been dying to do that all day." Jun whispered as his swollen lips turned up into a soft smile. "Me too." Wonwoo smiled back at him with his hand still wound in Jun's blond locks. They both began to laugh.

"Why didn't you!" Jun said as he chuckled. "Um, I don't know, just trying not to force myself onto my formerly 'straight' best friend." Wonwoo's laugh was hearty and deep and Jun's favourite sound in the world. "Why didn't you?" Jun blushed and stared at the ground. "Well, you've never been big on physical affection, so I just didn't want to be clingy." It was Wonwoo's turn to blush. "Yeah but this is different." He said quietly. "I want you to be clingy." Jun grabbed him and squeezed his body tight, his arms around Wonwoo's waist, making the boy squeal for air. "You'll regret saying that!" Jun cried out as Wonwoo slipped from his grasp and ran across the roof, laughing in the cold winter sun, with Jun giggling and chasing after him. Wonwoo allowed himself to be caught and just as they were drowning in another slow burning kiss the bell rang. Lunch was over.