Chapter 2

Melody

At the canteen

 

 

“Why does the canteen look so crowded today? Now we don’t have a seat.” Yena pouted. Chaeyeon looked around the surrounding for a seat but no valid until she saw the available 3 seats but there were also other students in that table. She looked who they were. Her eyes twinkled when she found the familiar faces. ”Perfect. Come on guys. I found a seat”. The two girls followed behind Chaeyeon.

 

 

“Can we sit here? There is no place to sit now” Chaeyeon asked with a smile.

 

Those students looked at Chaeyeon. “Yes Yes. Why not. Take a seat.” Sakura patted the seat beside her. Chaeyeon sat beside Sakura and the two also sat beside Chaeyeon. Minjoo looked at the girl in front of her. That girl just ate her lunch quietly while the other two were talking.

 

“We are group members, so we have to meet every day from now on. I think we don’t introduce ourselves to you properly.” Yena said, chewing her lunch.

 

“I am Choi Yena”               

 

“I am Lee Chaeyeon. Nice to meet you all”

 

“I am Miyawaki Sakura”

 

“I know you. You are from Japan, right” Chaeyeon asked.

 

“Yes”             

 

“I am Jo Yuri”

 

“the busan girl” Yena said with a lot of food in .

 

“You know me!!” Yuri asked with a questioning look.

 

“Yeah. We have been classmates for like 4 years. So why not. I know you all. We just don’t have a chance to talk with you”

 

Chaeyeon looked at Chaewon to continue the greeting.

 

“I am Chaewon”

 

“Ahhh… you are the one who wants our Yujin’s team member.” Chaeyeon said while looking at Chaewon. Chaewon smiled at Chaeyeon.

 

“I am worried for her. She and I were together since we were born. That’s why”

 

“Ya.. Kim Chaewon. You don’t need to worry for me. Hello. I am Kim Minjoo”

 

“Yes… Miss Pretty” Chaeyeon said while munching.

 

Minjoo scratched her head after hearing pretty word from Chaeyeon. “No, I am not”

 

“Yes. Many students in our school have a crush on you” Chaeyeon talked back.

 

“It’s not true though” Minjoo protested.

 

“You guys also know those kinds of things” Yuri was surprised.

 

“Of course. We are not a statue.” Yena said with her pouted lips.

 

“We thought you guys are very different from other students. You, 3, are always together but not with the others.” Yuri added.

 

Chaeyeon laughed with her trade mark laughter. “Hahahahahahaha…..” Yena laugh along with Chaeyeon.

 

“But they are right for  40%.  We really do have a statue though Yena ah” Chaeyeon pointed to Yujin.

 

“Yeah.. Yeah…. I forget that.” Yena laughed again.

 

Now all were looking at Yujin who was still eating. Yena didn’t want to kill the mood. ”This is Yujin, An Yujin aka big puppy. She’s always like that. She doesn’t have interest in her surroundings. She likes to stay quiet. Don’t mind her. But she’s a very good and kind person” Yena put her hands on Yujin’s shoulders.

 

Minjoo looked at Yujin and thought “A high school student doesn't even know how to use the chopstick properly? Even a kid can use it very well.”

 

They continued to eat their lunch and talked other things to know more about one another. They all came back to their classroom.

 

Three days had already passed and there was no progress in Minjoo’s project. Minjoo had no courage to start the conversation first and Yujin didn’t come to discuss about the project. The class president came to Minjoo. “Minjoo, today is your cleaning day after school. I just came to remind you that”.

 

“Yeah. I remember. Thank you Prez”. The class president went back to her seat.

 

“Are you ok for being alone in this school after class? Do I need to stay with you?”Chaewon asked.

 

Minjoo shook her head “It’s ok Chaewonnie. I can do it alone.”

 

 After the class, Yujin, Chaeyeon and Yena walked together to get back home. Suddenly, Yujin stopped walking and searched something in her bag.

 

“What happen” Chaeyeon asked.

 

“I forgot my book at the classroom. I will go and take back. You two go first. I can go back alone”

 

“Ok”

 

Yujin turned her way to the school. She was walking towards her classroom. When she was near the classroom, she heard the humming sound. Yujin carefully listened to the voice. Minjoo was sweeping the floor while plugging earphone and also humming the sound. Yujin slowly walked and peeked into the classroom and stopped at the entrance. She blinked her eyes. Minjoo didn’t know there was a person behind her. She kept sweeping and when she turned her body to the entrance.

 

She shouted “Oh Myyyy” She put her hand to her chest to calm herself.

 

“What are you doing here without making any voice?” Minjoo asked Yujin.

 

“How do you know that song?” Minjoo gave questioningly look to Yujin.

 

“What?” She took off her earphones.

 

“I said how do you know that song?”

 

“What song?”

 

“The song that you keep humming”

 

“Ahhh..It’s one of my favorite songs. Do you also know that song?” Minjoo questioned back.

 

“I’m just asking” Yujin walked towards her seat and took her notebook and then left the place.

 

Minjoo just looked at what Yujin was doing until she didn’t see Yujin in her vision.

 

“Did she just talk to me? And she is the first one who starts it.” Minjoo blinked her eyes several times and continued what she was doing. There was a train of thoughts in Yujin’s head in her way back to home.

 

The weekends were passed by Chaeyeon and Yena going to Yujin home to wait her and hang out together but ended up with staying at her house. Minjoo also enjoyed her weekends with her family.

 

It was one of the school days and Yujin was thinking in her seat what Chaeyeon and Yena talking to her in the weekends.

 

“You should make a discussion with Minjoo, Yujin. She was afraid of her grades. Kkura told me that.”

 

“Kkura??When did you become that close with Sakura?”Yena asked Chaeyeon.

 

“We had discussion like you and Yuri”     

 

“Come on. We are friends since kinder garden. Don’t lie to me Lee Chaeyeon.”

 

“Why would I lie to you Duckie??”

 

“You have a crush on Sakura. Am I right?” Yena wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“You shut up You Duckkkk” Chaeyeon threw the pillow at Yena.

 

Yujin sighed and shook her head while writing something in the notebook.

 

“But Yujin, What Chaeyeon said was right. Yuri also told me like that too.”

 

Minjoo was talking with her friends in her seat. They stopped talking when they saw the least expected person standing in front of them. That person is An Yujin aka Ice Queen. Minjoo and her friends looked at Yujin surprisingly. Yujin looked at Minjoo.

“Meet me at the library after school” and left.        

 

 

...............................................................................................TBC.................................................................................

 

Hello again! I'm free today so I upload new chappy. Thank you for your comments, subscribe and upvotes guysss...... Have a wonderful Sunday to you all! And also thank you again. I will try my best for this fic...See you guys on next chappyyyyyyyy......