Chapter 7

Melody

 

Minjoo was lying in her bed and thinking about today. She couldn’t forget Yujin’s smile. She felt warmth and love in that smile. She took her phone and looked at the photos which were taken today. They took photos with cotton candy, weird poses, rides and so on. She studdenly stopped swipping and looked carefully at one photo. It was Yujin’s photo. She took it at the park without being recognized.

 

Suddenly the notification popped out. She opened the twitter and saw AYJ updated new song. She didn’t hesitate to open it.

 

(It was July’s Fall Rain)

 

While she was listening, she remebered her with Yujin in the rain. She created new twitter account like her friends suggested to make a comment.

 

MinMin : I am a fan of you for a long time. I don’t have courage to write a comment in your videos. But today, I want to give a try. I feel fresh and relax after listening to your music. But this song really makes me remember someone. Anyway, AYJ nim keep going and I’ll always be your number one fan. Hwaiting <3.

 

Yujin checked her phone because of the notification sound. She opened to see it. She furrowed her eyes because of the profile. It was PePe, the frog. She read the comment of Pepe, which name was MinMin. It was the first time she got this long comment in her videos. And there were also not very much followers in her account. Even she didn’t let her friends to follow her. She didn’t want others to notice that AYJ was An Yujin. She didn’t usually reply back but this time she replied back to MinMin.

 

AYJ : Thank you for listening. I was happy to hear that you like my music.

 

Minjoo was surprised that she got a reply from AYJ. She gave love to the reply and continued listening to the song.

 

 

 

At school, Minjoo talked about AYJ’s new song and created new account to comment in AYJ, she succeed and got a reply from that person.

 

“I told you. If you don’t want to expose yourself, you should create new account” Sakura posed a nike signature under her chin.

 

“That’s why you always create new account to stalk to the others. No doubt” Yuri countered.

 

“Why do you like that person songs so much, Minjoo?” Chaewon asked.

 

“I don’t know. It makes me feel relaxed. It portrays the sadness with only the melody. I really admire that person.” Minjoo gave honest answer.

 

 

 “Hello guys” Yena and Chaeyeon came into the classroom.

 

“Hi” Sakura and Yuri waved their hands. Minjoo was humming Fall Rain.

 

“Oh… I knew that song” Chaeyeon tried to remember what that song was. “I’m really familiar with that song but I don’t remember where did I hear that song”

 

“What song?” Yena asked as sitting in her seat.

 

“The song that Minjoo humming.” Chaeyeon scratched her head.

 

“You had a bad memory so you don’t know” Yena laughed.

 

“Yah…my memory is good”

 

“Wait a minute. Where is giant puppy?” Yena said as she looked around.

 

“Oh as you say. She is not a late person. Did something happen to her?”

 

“Let’s call to her” Yena was calling to Yujin.

 

“She didn’t pick up” Yena looked at her phone.

 

As Yena and Chaeyeon were panic, the said girl came into the classroom.

 

“Yah An Yujin, why didn’t you pick up your phone?” Yena shouted.

 

Because of Yena voice, Minjoo looked at their direction. She saw Yena and Chaeyeon, giving lecture to Yujin with worried tone.

 

“I was helping a granny who is crossing the road with heavy bags.” Yujin sat in her seat.

 

“But you should pick up your phone. We were worried.”

 

Minjoo thought why Yena and Chaeyeon always acted like parents to Yujin. At that time class president came into the room.

 

“Guys, the trip will be next week. You all must get permission from your parents. If you will follow for sure, come and sign in this paper.”

 

Most of the students went to the president and signed. Minjoo and her friends also signed.

 

“Are you guys also coming?” Sakura asked to Chaeyeon, Yena and Yujin.

 

“Me and Yena are sure. But the problem is this giant puppy” Chaeyeon pointed to Yujin who was reviewing her lessons.

 

“She likes to stay alone and quiet. School trip is not her thing.” Yena added.

 

Minjoo looked at Yujin. She really hoped Yujin would follow this trip. She wanted to know more about Yujin. Yujin was like a mystery box to her.

 

“An Yujin” Yuri called.

 

Yujin looked to Yuri. Yuri cleared . The others were surprised because of Yuri’s sudden action.

 

“Why don’t you follow? It will be more fun if you follow. We all were happy in the amusement park.”

 

“Umm.” Yujin was also surprised. “I will think about it”

 

 

“Good afternoon my students. The result for the project was out.”

 

“Arrr” “Urghh” “Nooo” could be heard in the class.

 

“Don’t worry. You all are doing fine. You all pass. Congrats to An Yujin and Kim Minjoo. You got the highest mark in this project.” Teacher clapped his hand. All the students in the class also clapped their hands.

 

Minjoo was surprised as she covered with her hand and her eyes became wide.

 

“Congratulations Minjoo-ah” Sakura and Yuri said to Minjoo.

 

“You did great, Minjoo” Chaewon patted.

 

Minjoo looked at Yujin but that girl didn’t seem surprised by the announcement.

 

After school, Minjoo was running to catch up with Yujin. When she saw the sight of Yujin, she sped up and shouted Yujin’s name.

 

“Yujin”

 

Yujin turned back to look at the person. She found the girl who was covered with sweat from running.

 

“Yes”

 

Minjoo was catching her breath as both of her hands were on her legs. After a while,

 

“I want to say thanks to you. Because of you, I got high marks”

 

“It’s ok. You really did a good job in your works. No need to thank me.”

 

“But it’s still because of you.”

 

“If it is what you want. Ok. I will accept it” then Yujin turned back and started walking.

 

Minjoo walked behind Yujin.

 

“It will be nice if you can also come together with us in trip.” Minjoo said.

 

Yujin was just listening. After 5 minutes, “It’ll not be fun if I tag along. Yena and Chaeyeon were fun to be with. But I’m not that kind of person.”

 

“No. That’s not true. You’re friendly.” Minjoo talked back.

 

Yujin scoffed. “You haven’t seen my real self. That’s why you say like that.”

 

“That’s why I want to know more about you.” Minjoo thought in her mind.

 

Their way back home was silent after the conversation.

.................................................................................................TBC.............................................................................................................

 

 

Sorry for a boring chapter. But I promise next update will be interesting (I guess). See you soon!