Chapter 15

Melody

 

“Happy Birthday Yena” Sakura, Yuri, Chaewon and Minjoo said in unison as Yena opened the door for them. They entered and looked around the house. Chaeyeon and Yujin followed behind them.

 

“Happy Birthday buddy” Chaeyeon hugged Yena.

 

Yena then looked at Yujin who just stood beside her.

 

“Hey” Yena gestured Yujin to hug her.

 

“Happy Birthday duck” Yujin patted Yena’s shoulder.

 

“Hey where’s the birthday hug??” Yena looked at Yujin who just walked away from her.

 

Yena walked towards her friends and cleared .

 

“Where’s your parents?” Chaeyeon asked while looking around.

 

“They’re not at home. I’m alone tonight. Soo...Welcome to Yena’s house. Feel free to stay as you want." She paused for a while and "any birthday presents?” Yena eyed at the things they held.

 

“Did you invite us to get birthday presents?” Sakura sneered at Yena.

 

“Of course. You have to give presents to birthday girl” Yena babbled and pouted her lips.

 

“Now you really look like a duck Choi Yena” Yuri clapped her hands slowly.

 

“Here. Happy Birthday Yena” Minjoo gave a present bag to Yena.

 

“Wahhh….Minjoo is the kindest person unlike the others.” Yena glared to the others while taking the present from Minjoo.

 

The others were laughing because Yena face was really funny.

 

“Stop making that face. Here” Chaeyeon gave a bag to Yena and the rest of the other gave theirs too.

 

“Wahhh…I got many presents”  Yena hugged her presents.

 

“You call me kid and now look who’s the real kid” Yujin said to Yena.

 

Yena put an index finger on her lips, signaling Yujin to close .

 

“Now let’s eat. Come on. Let’s go to my room” They all went upstairs and entered into Yena’s room.

 

“Woww…your room is big” Yuri said as roaming her eyes around the room.

 

“Oh! Yena.. you play piano??” Sakura walked towards the piano and Minjoo tagged along with Sakura.

 

“Woo…piano is huge.”Minjoo muttered while touching the piano. She saw some damages on the piano body. “Oh…”

 

“I didn’t play piano. It's Yuj-" She saw Yujin was glaring at her.

 

"Ahh...Come on. Let’s eat.” Yena called the two.

 

They sat in a circle and left a space for food to share. Yena ordered food from restaurant. They all ate deliciously because they were hungry. Yujin stirred the jajanmyeon noodle and gave it to Minjoo who was sitting beside her.

 

“T-thank you” Minjoo was surprised. She took the plate and ate it.

 

Yujin also took meat from tangsuyuk and placed it on Minjoo’s plate. “Eat a lot. You look thin”

 

 

 

 

“My stomach becomes full” Yena put her plate on the floor.

 

“let’s clean this and play” Chaeyeon took the plates and went to downstairs.

 

They cleaned the place and sat again. But suddenly the light went off.

 

“What happen” Yuri gasped.

 

Suddenly the music came out and the light .

 

Yeah, breakfast at Tiffany's and bottles of bubbles.

Girls with tattoos who like getting in trouble.

Lashes and diamonds, ATM machines

Buy myself all of my favorite things (Yeah)”

Yena entered into the room with Ariana Grande’s 7 rings. She was lip syncing and doing the posed like she was shooting a music video.

 

“My wrist, stop watchin’, my neck is flossin’,

 Make big deposits, my gloss is poppin’

 You like my hair? Gee, thanks, just bought it

 I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it (Yeah)”

 

Yena was swirling her hair when the part “You like my hair…..” then bit her lips.

All were laughing because of Yena’s acting. Yena signaled Sakura to come out and Sakura stood and joined with Yena. She started making weird poses.

 

“I want it, I got it, I want it, I got it

 I want it, I got it, I want it, I got it

You like my hair? Gee, thanks, just bought it

 I see it, I look it, I want it, I got it (Yeah)”

 

The duo was dancing crazily in front of their friends and people who sat were clapping like there was no tomorrow especially Minjoo, Yuri and Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon trademark laugh could beat 7 rings. She laughed non-stopped. Chaeyeon and Yuri stood up and joined the duo.

 

“I want it, I got it, I want it, I got it

 I want it, I got it, I want it, I got it (Baby)

You like my hair? Gee, thanks, just bought it (Oh yeah)

 I see it, I look it, I want it, I got it (Yeah)”

 

Chaewon looked at them with a disgusted face. Sakura and Yuri came to Minjoo and pulled her hands to join them. Minjoo was laughing and shook her head.

 

“Come on Minjoo. Let’s have fun” Yuri called.

 

“Come on” Sakura pulled Minjoo’s hands.

 

Finally Minjoo stood up, scratched her not itchy head and wore a shy smile on her face.

 

“I don't mean to brag, but I be like, "Put it in the bag, " yeah


When you see them racks, they stacked up like my , yeah”

 

After “they stacked up like my , yeah” Minjoo dabbed and shyly sat down beside Yujin. Yujin looked at Minjoo and laughed widely.

 

“Woww…You can dance” Yujin laughed.

 

“Stop teasing me” Minjoo slapped Yujin’s arm.

 

“Minjoo can be a dancer. She made a big move” Chaewon joined.

 

“Ya..not you too” Minjoo covered her face.

 

The song came to end and the dancers sat down again.

 

“I’m tired” Yena said while catching her breath.

 

Chaeyeon signaled the others except birthday girl. The others nodded their heads.

 

“I’m going to toilet.” Yuri stood up.

 

“I’ll follow" Sakura followed Yuri.

 

After 15 minutes,  Yujin stood up and walked to the piano and sat down. She started playing the birthday song as Sakura and Yuri came back with a cake.

 

Yena was surprised.“What’s that. What’s that”

 

Chaeyeon put a party hat onto Yena’s head.

 

“Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to Yena. Happy Birthday to you” all sang a birthday song along with Yujin’s piano. Yena was really surprised that she didn’t know what to say and her eyes were widen.

 

“Make a wish and blow the candle Yena” Chaeyeon shouted.

 

“Aww… Yes” Yena clasped her hands and closed her eyes. After that, she blew the candle.

 

“Yayyyy” all were clapping their hands.

 

“Where did you get that cake?” Yena asked. “I don’t notice. Jinjaa..you guys are the best”

 

“Now let’s eat cake”

 

 

While they were eating,

 

“Let’s play truth or dare game” Chaewon suggested.

 

“Good idea. I’m in” Chaeyeon nodded her head.

 

“I’ll spin the bottle now” Yena said as she looked at everyone with sharped eyes.

 

The questions became bolder as the time went by. Yena spun the bottle and all were looking the bottle and praying that it would not point them. The speed became slower and then stopped pointing at

 

“Chaewon” all shouted.

 

“Truth or Dare Chaewon” Yena asked.

 

“Truth” Chaewon thought for a while and replied.

 

“Good. I’ve always wanted to ask you that question. But we are not that friendly to each other and I didn’t have a chance to ask that” Yena grinned.

 

“What’s it?” Chaewon ceased her eyebrows.

 

“Did you .…” Yena looked at Chaewon. All were listening carefully what Yena was going to ask. Yena then looked at Minjoo ”have a crush on Minjoo?”

 

Yuri and Sakura were laughing hard after hearing the question.

 

“Ha Ha Ha Ha…It’s so funny. I’m going to die from laughing too hard…My stomach” Yuri and Sakura wiped the tears.

 

Yena and Chaeyeon looked puzzled. Minjoo was scratching her head while Chaewon gave a disgusted look to Yena.

 

“What’s happening? Why are you two laughing?” Yena was confused.

 

“That’s right. They don’t know about Minjoo and Chaewon’s relationship” Yuri said while laughing.

 

“What..Are you two dating?” Chaeyeon’s eyes widened.

 

Yuri and Sakura were laughing harder than the first one.

 

“Nooo….”Minjoo rejected.

 

Chaewon looked at Yujin who was sitting calmly in front of Minjoo, unaffected by the current situation. Chaewon scooted to Minjoo and wrapped one of her arm around Minjoo’s shoulder.  Minjoo was surprised of Chaewon’s sudden action. She looked at Chaewon with wide eyes. Chaewon smiled at Minjoo.

 

“What’s that?” Yena and Chaeyeon covered their wide mouths.

 

“Now…you all find out about us” Chaewon looked at the two shocked girls.

 

Minjoo quickly looked at Yujin who was looking at her. Minjoo looked at Yujin’s eyes to read what was in her mind. She hoped that she would find curious or some jealousy but she found nothing. Yujin was just stared at her.

 

Sakura and Yuri couldn’t stop laughing.

 

“Why Why….Answer my question. Don’t just laugh” Yena was confused with their action.

 

“She’s not my girlfriend. We are cousin.” Chaewon replied as she removed her arm from Minjoo.

 

“Ummm” Chaeyeon and Yena were shocked. “I don’t really know that you two are cousin” Chaeyeon scratched her cheek.

 

“It’s so funny” Sakura tried to stop laughing.

 

“I need to take care of my sister because she’s a little bit dump” Chaewon looked at Minjoo.

 

“Yaaa….I’m not dump.” Minjoo pouted.

 

Yujin smiled  and murmured “cute”.

 

“What are you talking and why are you smiling giant puppy?” Yena turned her head to Yujin.

 

“Uhmm.. nothing” Yujin shook her head.

 

“Ok…my turn to spin” Chaewon spun the bottle as she looked at Sakura.

 

 

 

“Sakura…” Chaewon clapped her hands when she saw the bottle pointed to Sakura.

 

Sakura frowned at Chaewon and Chaewon wiggled her eyebrows and wore a smirk on her face.

 

“Truth or Dare Kkura” Chaewon asked with a tease tone.

 

Sakura was thinking too hard what to choose. She knew that Chaewon’s plan. She was going to ask about something that was related with Chaeyeon. “Dare might be safe” Sakura thought in her mind.

 

“Dare”

 

Chaewon still had a smirk on her face. “Ok. I dare you to confess your love to your C R U S H”.

 

“Her crush is here???” Chaeyeon asked with a shocked face.

 

Sakura glared at Chaewon but she just shrugged her shoulders. “Come on. Do it Kkura”

 

Yuri suddenly cracked up. “I can’t laugh anymore. My stomach is really hurt now” she touched her stomach as she said.

 

Sakura closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her heart was pounding too hard. Then opened her eyes and looked directly at Chaeyeon.

 

“Jjaerong”

 

Chaeyeon gluped.

 

“I-I had my eyes on you for 6 months now.”

 

Yena mouth was opened wide.

 

“I-I l-like you Jjaerong”

 

Chaeyeon blinked her eyes as she was too shocked.

 

“I’m not joking. I like you for real Jjaerong. It’s ok if you don’t feel the same. I just make my dare”

 

Chaeyeon didn’t know what to say and was still in her shock state.

 

Yena waved her hands in front of Chaeyeon “Heyy..Earth to Chaeyeon…Heyyy…Bear”

 

“Umm…”Chaeyeon looked at Yena. Yena signaled Chaeyeon to talk something.

 

“I have something to talk to you. But after this and when we’re alone”

 

Sakura nodded her head. “So. Now my turn” Sakura cleared to break the awkwardness and spun the bottle. Yena was beating the floor as she made a sound to get more exciting state.

 

 

 

 

Yujin looked blankly at the bottle which was pointed towards her.

 

“Ahhh….An Yujin”

 

“Now Truth or Dare”

 

“Truth”

 

“How do you think of Minjoo?” Sakura shooted her question.

 

Minjoo was surprised and looked at Sakura with her eyes wide.

 

“Kkura…” Minjoo called.

 

“What?? It’s a game Minjoo. And I asked her as in friend.” Sakura shrugged her shoulder and wore a smirk. While Minjoo and Sakura were busy talking, Yujin locked her eyes to Minjoo.

 

“She is a person who can make me smile”

 

Because of a sudden answer, all turned their heads to Yujin with surprised and shock look. Especially, Minjoo felt like something was wrong with her hearing system.

 

“She can make me smile” Yujin said again to confirm her answer with a smile on her face this time.

 

Minjoo was like a fish which was breathing in water as opened then closed then opened again but no words came out from .

 

 

 

 

The birthday party was over and they bid goodbye to their friends and parted their ways. Minjoo and Yujin were on the way back to their houses. Minjoo was quietly followed behind Yujin. Minjoo’s heart felt warm after hearing Yujin’s truth answer. Yujin noticed Minjoo’s action and stepped backwards to walk beside with Minjoo but Minjoo didn’t notice as she was not in the normal state.

 

“Minjoo” Yujin was worried because of Minjoo action.

 

“Omm..” Minjoo came back into her sense and looked at Yujin and surprised that Yujin was beside her.

 

“Is something wrong? You look pale” Yujin asked in worried tone.

 

“N-no. I’m fine” Minjoo was back to her thoughts again. Then they kept walking side by side.

 

“I’m surprised to hear that you and Chaewon are cousin. I also thought that you two are dating.” Yujin said while walking, looked at Minjoo.

 

“What make you think like that?” Minjoo responded with furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“I saw your photos in your room when I slept at your house. There was a photo you and Chaewon included. And also Chaewon really takes care and gentle when it comes to you. She’s really protective to you.”

 

“Ahh..that photo was taken when our family had a dinner together. Did you also see my childhood photo??”

 

Yujin nodded her head.

 

“The girl behind me is Chaewon in that photo. She’s 4 months older than me. But she acted like a big sis like she is 2 years older than me. “ Minjoo chuckled.

 

“I can see that” Yujin replied.

 

“I am sometimes clumsy and also a bit d-dumb” Minjoo scratched her head.

 

Yujin chuckled. “I also see that. If I have to add, you are like a little baby who will cry over a small thing”

 

“No. It’s not. I’m not a cry baby” Minjoo looked at Yujin and pouted her lips.

 

“You look like a baby now.” Yujin laughed while looking at Minjoo. But she kept walking while Minjoo was standing still pouting her lips.

 

“Baby Minjoo..Come on. It’s getting dark.” Yujin gestured Minjoo to come and walk beside her.

 

“I don’t want to ruin our friendship because of my feeling” Minjoo though as she heaved a sigh and shook her head. Then she took quick steps to match with Yujin’s steps.

 

.......................................................................................................................TBC........................................................................................................................