Chapter 11

Melody

 

Minjoo gave her school uniform to Yujin.

 

“I think this might fit you. It is a little bit big for me.” While scanning her closet. She also gave long white sleeve shirt for Yujin to wear.

 

“I give too much trouble to you” Yujin hung her head.

 

Minjoo walked towards to Yujin and lifted Yujin head by holding up Yujin’s chin.

 

“Don’t be. I’m your friend and I’m also willing to do these for you” Minjoo smiled and patted Yujin’s head.

 

“You can have my textbooks today” Minjoo remembered Yujin didn’t have lecture books and textbooks.

 

“I can share with Chaewon. So take my  books” Minjoo suggested.

 

“No.. I will take Yena or Chaeyeon’s books. You can have yours.” Yujin rejected.

 

“But I think Yena and Chaeyeon also share books in the classroom” Minjoo put her finger under her chin to think.

 

“Ahh…That’s right” Yujin remembered now that she had to remind them to take their own textbooks.

 

“But it’s ok. The owner always wants to take notes in her textbook. You might also want to.” Yujin rejected again.

 

“Or I can sit with you for today” Minjoo suggested again.

 

Yujin thiought for a while and nodded her head. “Ok.”

 

 

 

After changing their uniform, they went downstairs to have breakfast. Mr Kim and Mrs Kim were already at the table.

 

“Morning Dad, Morning Mom” Minjoo sat on the chair and gestured Yujin to sit beside her.

 

Yujin bowed to the elders “Good Morning Mr Kim and Mrs Kim” and sat beside Minjoo.

 

“Good Morning Sweetheart” “Good Morning dear” Mr and Mrs Kim greeted back.

 

Mrs Kim talked about Yujin to her husband last night so Mr Kim knew about Yujin.

 

Minjoo  put a meat on Yujin’s plate and smiled. Yujin smiled back to Minjoo and had breakfast.

 

“Dad, you don’t have to send us to school today. We can walk there” Minjoo said while putting her shoes.

 

“Is it ok for both of you? I can send you to your school like usual” Mr Kim asked.

 

“Yes. Me and Yujin can go together. Don’t worry” Minjoo was ready to take off.

 

“If it’s that so. Take care” Mr Kim smiled to Minjoo and Yujin.

 

“We’re going now. Bye Dad… Bye Mom” Minjoo waved her hand.

 

“I’m sorry for a burden. Thank You uncle and aunty” Yujin bowed to the elders again before leaving the house.

 

“It’s ok. You can come anytime dear” Mrs Kim smiled to Yujin.

 

Yujin somehow missed those motherly smile which hadn’t seen for a very long time.

 

 

 

“Did you sleep well?” Minjoo asked.

 

“Yeah. And you? You don’t seem like you had a good sleep.There were dark circles under your eyes.”

 

Minjoo covered her face with her hands. She really couldn’t sleep last night because of a certain girl presence. Her body was not functioning well, especially, her chest and her stomach.

 

“Is it because of me?” Yujin asked.

 

“No No No” Minjoo rejected quickly. “I had something to think about. That’s why. Not because of you”

 

Yujin nodded her head.

 

Students from their school started whispering when they saw Minjoo and Yujin entered the school together. They knew that they hung out together but with their friends but now they were alone. Yujin was known to be Ice Queen who didn’t talk to anyone. But some said that they became close becaue they were members in the project. But most were about how they looked good together. Yujin seemed boyish who had broad shoulder and taller than most of the boys. While Minjoo was girly, feminine and soft.

 

“Is that Minjoo and Yujin??” Yuri squinted her eyes to see clearly. “Why people were whispering??” Yuri looked the surrounding. She asked one of the students about the condition.

 

“Why are you whispering while looking at Yujin and Minjoo?”

 

“They came to school together. Some students saw that.”

 

“Whattt??”Yuri shocked. She knew they went back home together sometimes. But didn’t know they also came to school together. Yuri suddenly smirked.

 

 

 

Yujin and Minjoo entered the classroom together.

 

“Ohh giant puppy Hi Minjoo” Yena greeted them and Chaewon and Sakura turned their bodies to meet the two.

 

Yuri also entered the class with a bit of sweat because she ran to catch up the two.

 

“Hello Yuriiii” Sakura greeted the girl who also just entered the class.

 

Yuri couldn’t greet Sakura back. “Ya you two. Did you two come together to school?” Yuri walked towards Minjoo and Yujin. The remaining people just gave them a confused look.

 

“What are you talking about??” Sakura asked with wide eyes.

 

“Most of the students saw they come to school together. Now they are talking about how they are perfect to each other.” Yuri smirked.

 

Minjoo blushed when she heard perfect to each other.

 

“Is that true Minjoo?” Chaewon asked with a frown on her face.

 

“Y-yes” Minjoo shyly nodded her head.

 

“But they go back together. Their houses are on the same way. You already know that. Don’t make the thing big Yuri” Yena quacked.

 

“Yeah. It’s not a big deal…but wait” Sakura narrowed her eyes to look carefully to Yujin. Because of Sakura’s action, the others also looked at Yujin. Minjoo also checked Yujin as if something wrong with Yujin. Yujin looked at them with the straight face.

 

“Where is your bag An Yujin? Did you forget to bring it??” Sakura continued.

 

All now noticed that Yujin didn’t hold anything. Yujin nodded her head as Yes.

 

“Who forget to bring bag to school at this age?” Chaewon scoffed.

 

“Yesterday, because of some problem, I somehow slept at Minjoo’s house. That’s why I didn’t have my bag” everyone’s eyes became big because of Yujin's answer.

 

“Don’t make Minjoo uncomfortable” Yujin sensed that Minjoo was uncomfortable with their friend’s curious eyes then she went to her seat.

 

Their friends were processing what they had heard from Yujin.

 

“Did she just said she slept at Minjoo’s house?” Yuri was jaw dropping.

 

All looked at Minjoo to confirm the condition again.

 

Minjoo smiled nervously and walked towards Yujin’s seat and sat beside her.

 

That action made Sakura to cover her wide mouth with her hand,  Yuri’s eyes became wider than before, Chaewon was expressionless and Yena could only blink.

 

 

 

“Hey guys!!!! Chaeyeon came into the class but stopped when she saw the expression of her friends.

 

“What’s wrong? What happen? What did I miss?” Chaeyeon slowly approached to Yena.

 

“You miss a big one again Bear” Yena whispered.

 

“And why Minjoo was beside Yujin?” Chaeyeon just noticed and asked.

 

“Y-Yujin didn’t have books to take notes an-nd also textbooks. T-that’s why I sit be-eside Yujin”Minjoo shuttered.

 

“Whatever I will check you two from now on” Sakura gave a detective look to Minjoo and Yujin while Chaeyeon didn’t have any idea what exactly was happening.

 

“Y-ya! Your friend had a wound and the first thing you do to me is bombering with questions. Meanie” Minjoo pouted.

 

They’re now remembering about Minjoo’s wound on her leg when only Minjoo mentioned.

 

“Sorry. Are you ok now?” Sakura covered as she was worried.

 

“Can you walk?” Yuri also joined.

 

Sakura and Yuri circled around Minjoo. Chaewon didn’t talk to Minjoo. She was busy giving deadth glares to Yujin.

 

“It’s enough. I now know that you don’t love me” Minjoo said and faked crying.

 

“Minjoo-ah, It’s not like that.” Now Sakura and Yuri fell for Minjoo’s acting. When they saw a small smile from Minjoo, they knew that Minjoo fooled them.

 

“Ya you fool us. Not fair” Sakura and Yuri pouted.

 

“Ha Ha Ha. Sorry. I can’t help it. You should see your faces” Minjoo laughed.

 

Yuri slapped Minjoo’s arm. Minjoo whined. “You derserve that” Sakura said and they returned to their seats. Chaeyeon was busy questioning about the condition to Yena. After that, Yena and Chaeyeon looked at Yujin worriedly.

 

“Sorry. It’s noisy right?” Minjoo apologised to Yujin who was beside her.

 

“It’s ok.” Yujin shook her head.

 

“Ahh…that feeling is coming back again” Minjoo whispered and sighed.

 

“Are you ok? Does your wound hurt?” Yujin worried.

 

“No No No” Minjoo refused with her hands.

 

“I should ask my girls about this unknown feeling” Minjoo noted in her mind.

 

 

 

At lunchtime,

 

“Chaewonnie talk to me” Minjoo held one of Chaewon hands.

 

Chaewon was angry with Minjoo because Minjoo didn’t sit with her and also not talked about Yujin slept at her place. Chaewon was folding her hands and didn’t face Minjoo.

 

“Chaewonnie…” Minjoo said with cute voice.

 

“Ok ok Geeze. Can you stop that voice now?” Chaewon glared at Minjoo.

 

Minjoo was playfully smiled at Chaewon. “I know that you can’t stay angry to me that long.”

 

Chaewon scoffed like she had enough of Minjoo’s jokes.

 

 

 

“Why did you sleep at Minjoo’s house yesterday?” Yena asked to Yujin.

 

“My father came back.” Yujin answered with a straight face.

 

Yena and Chaeyeon looked at each other like they now knew the reason.

 

“And like ususal. He shouted and I got angry so I left my house. I just walked around the neightbor and ended in the park.” Yujin continued.

 

“Why didn’t you call us?” Chaeyeon said in anxiety.

 

“I left my phone at my room and I don’t want to disturb you” Yujin said in a calm tone.

 

“Yaaa….we told you all the time that we’re always free for you and always by your side you giant puppy” Yena slapped softly to Yujin’s hand.

 

“I know. But I wanted to stay alone at that time. but somehow Minjoo and her mother found me after that I was in her house.”

 

“What if you meet some bad guys in the park instead of Minjoo?” Chaeyeon still worried for Yujin.

 

“I don’t want to talk that topic to you anymore. I’m hungry now.” Yujin wanted to the end the topic quickly.

 

“So will you go back to your house today or would you like to come to my house?” Yena asked.

 

“I’ll go back. I left my things there. And I need to stay there.”

 

“Ok Ok. Let’s go to canteen.” Yena quacked.

 

While they were on the way to canteen, three girls came near to Yujin.

 

“Yujin, is it true that you and Minjoo come to school together?” one of the girls asked.

 

Yujin didn’t answer her and just kept walking. Those girls didn’t give up and kept asking Yujin while walking beside her. Yujin suddenly stopped and breathed heavily. Yena and Chaeyeon got that action from Yujin as a signal and put a hand in front of those girls.

 

“Wo Wo Wooo. Stop right here. Or you will get a bite from this giant puppy” Yena said while pointing at Yujin.

 

“If you don’t want to get a bite, go away now or we can’t help you guys later” Chaeyeon whispered to those girls. “You guys also knew that rumor, right?”

 

The rest 2 girls pulled her friend to go back. “Come on. I don’t want to be biten by her. Let’s go back” then they left the trio.

 

“That rumor still works. Ha Ha Ha. Give me five” Chaeyeon laughed and made a high five with Yena.

 

The two people who were watching from the start to the end were Minjoo and Chaewon.

 

“An Yujin bite?????” Chaewon tilted her head.

 

Minjoo couldn’t still process with what she heard.

 

“Did you also got a bite from An Yujin?” Chaewon started searching any bite mark on Minjoo.

 

Minjoo startled because of Chaewon’s action.

 

“Yaa Kim Chaewon stop. What are you doing? Yujin didn’t bite” Minjoo slapped Chaewon’s hands to stop examining her body.

 

“I was worried for you. What if she really bites like her friends say?” Chaewon raised her eyebrows.

 

“She didn’t bite. It was just a rumor”

 

“Some rumors can be true.” Chaewon shrugged her shoulders.

 

While they were arguing, Chaeyeon shouted to them.

 

“Hey Minjoo, Chaewon” Chaewon raised her hands.

 

“You guys also going to canteen??” Chaeyeon asked.

 

Minjoo and Chaewon nodded their heads.

 

“That’s good. Let’s go together.” Chaeyeon stayed beside them.

 

“Minjoo, we want to thank you for our puppy to stay at your house.” Yena said.

 

“It’s ok. If there was someone I know, I might do the same.” Minjoo smiled. “Or may be not” thought in her mind.

 

“I’ll treat you as a gratitude.” Yena said.

 

“No No No. It’s ok” Minjoo waved her hands as a rejection.

 

“Come on. Minjoo” Chaeyeon whined.

 

Yujin looked at Minjoo and Minjoo also looked at her. They share a stare for a moment.

 

“Let her treat you. It’s rare to see her treating to other person” Yujin said.

 

“Whattt..Yaaa An Yujinn You giant puppy” Chaeyeon made a angry bear face to Yujin.

 

“Ah. I stay with weirdos” Chaewon sighed and shook her head.

 

“Where’s Kkura??” Chaeyeon looked around.

 

“Yuri and she were at canteen. They went early.” Minjoo answered.

 

“Why? Miss her” Yena and ran away not to get a slap from Chaeyeon.

 

“Yaaaa You Duck” Chaeyeon shouted and followed Yena.

 

Yujin, Minjoo and Yujin walked normally to follow after the weird duo. They found Sakura and Yuri at canteen and found out that they saved seats for them. They ordered what they wanted and ate.

 

“Kkura, Chaeyeon said-“ Chaeyeon closed Yena’s mouth with her hands.

 

“What What” Sakura blinked.

 

“It’s nothing” Chaeyeon smiled weakly and shook her head. “Eat your lunch you duck” Chaeyeon whispered to Yena.

 

“Yes Yes. I’ll eat now” Yena tried not to laugh.

 

“What’s happening??” Yuri asked out of curiosity.             

 

“Nothing. That duck just quacks nonsense things.” Chaeyeon answered quickly before Yena opened her duck lips.

 

“Ah-“ Yena was trying to talk but Chaeyeon covered again. Yena jerked Chaeyeon’s hand.

 

“Yaaa.. Stop covering my mouth with your dirty hands. I’ll not expose about you. Not now.” Yena glared at Chaeyeon. “I almost forget to tell you all that my birthday is coming near.”

 

“When” Yuri asked.

 

“Next Month. So I want you all to come to my house and let’s have fun”

 

“I’ll not give you a present” Chaeyeon crossed her hands.

 

“Don’t you dare you Bear” Yena threw dagger glares to Chaeyeon. “I’ll tell you detail plans when near”.

 

All nodded. They had their lunch and went back to their class.

 

 

 

 

“Thank you for today and also for yesterday.” Yujin said on the way to their houses.

 

“It’s ok. Like I said to Yena and Chaeyeon, I might do the same if it was someone I know”

 

Yujin nodded her head.

 

“Ah.. Yujin”

 

Yujin looked at Minjoo when she heard her name but still walking.

 

“I-I want to know something” Minjoo shuddered.

 

“Go on”

 

“I-I saw you before we went to canteen.”

 

Yujin nodded as let Minjoo to continue.

 

“one of the girls talked to you. And why don’t you talk her back? I-I mean, I know you don’t talk to the others but you talk to me and my friends. Or only me??” Minjoo was thinking about the last words.

 

Yujin stopped walking and turned her body to Minjoo. Minjoo also stopped walking. They looked at each other. After mere seconds, Minjoo looked away.

 

“You want to know why I talk to you back??”

 

Minjoo shyly nodded.

 

“You were my member so I have to talk with you.”

 

“B-but you can stay like the old time after the presentation.”

 

“You don’t like me to talk to you?? Do you want me not to talk with you??” Yujin tilted her head.

 

“No no no” Minjoo rejected quickly. “That’s not what I mean” Minjoo looked down. “Of course, I like to talk with you and also you talk to me. But why me?”Minjoo played with her fingers.

 

“Because you is you and she is she. She and you are not the same” Yujin turned back and started walking.

 

Minjoo blinked her eyes. She wanted to ask more but stayed quiet. When they needed to part their ways, Yujin turned back to look Minjoo again.

 

“Bye…and don’t forget to put medicine on your wound” then turned and walked to her house.

 

“Why does she need to be so weird? And why does my stupid heart beat crazily?” Minjoo scratched her head.         

 

............................................................................................................TBC...............................................................................................................

 

Hello!!!!!

I don't believe there are 105 subscriberssssss for my story. I didn't expect that much. Thank you all. Thank you for reading my fic.

And also you like this chapter :)  See you in next chappy!