Chapter 9

Melody

 

They were on the bus. The return to their school was noisy as usual. Some were talking, some were singing, some were laughing. One thing that was not the same was Minjoo was sitting beside Yujin. Their friends were surprised to see that Minjoo came to sit beside Yujin. Minjoo apologized Chaewon that she couldn’t sit with her and she wanted to sit beside Yujin. Chaewon was angry at first but what could she do. It was Minjoo and she could not say no to her and could not stay longer to be angry at Minjoo. Yujin was also surprised when she felt a weight beside her. But she didn’t reject Minjoo to sit together with her.

 

“I think someone was melting the ice” Yena teased.

 

“The sun is so bright that the ice can be melted anytime” Sakura added. Chaeyeon laughed with her trademark laugh.

 

“What are you talking?” Minjoo said and her cheeks became red.

 

“Are you hot, Minjoo? Why do your cheeks suddenly become red?” Yuri looked at Minjoo and all, minus Chaewon and Yujin, laughed.

 

“Are you hot?” Yujin asked, looking at the window, the sun shone so brightly outside and the sun rays passed through the window glass. So Yujin covered the sun rays with both of her hands not to be on Minjoo’s face.

 

Yujin’s action made Minjoo’s cheeks more red and she covered her cheeks with her hands not to let her friends saw them again. And also her heart was beating fast that she was afraid Yujin could hear it.

 

“Stop making me feel this kind of unknown feeling An Yujin” Minjoo whispered.

 

“What do you say?” Yujin asked.

 

Minjoo quickly shook her head quickly “No. Nothing”

 

It was already noon and they were all back to their school which was their stopping place. Now they were ready to go back to their houses. Yujin and Minjoo were on the way to their houses. Minjoo was still figuring why her chest and her stomach felt strange when she was near that girl.

 

When they parted their way, Yujin looked back to Minjoo but Minjoo seemed like she was walking lifelessly and thinking something hard, so Yujin shrugged her shoulders and continued walking to her house.

 

When Yujin enterend her house, the first person she met was the woman she hated the most who was talking with her friends on phone. That woman glared at Yujin but Yujin did not look at her. She went straight to her room.

 

 

After 2 hours,

 

“AN YUJIN, COME DOWNSTAIRS…….AN YUJINN”

 

Yujin heard a man shouting her name which was from downstairs and she knew the owner of that voice. She sighed before going downstairs to meet that man.

 

That man looked really furious. He glared at Yujin but Yujin was unbothered and calmly looked at him. She saw that woman, who had a smirk on her face, behind that man.

 

“Where did you go yesterday and why do you come back late at home? Your mother was worried about you.” the man shouted.

 

When that man turned to that woman, she changed her smirk face into teary one.

 

“I was really worried and can’t sleep the whole night because Yujin did not come back and I don’t know what to do.” That woman said with a crying voice.

 

 

Yujin scoffed after what that woman said.

 

“Where didn’t you come back home yesterday, AN YUJIN” the man asked.

 

“Are you worried for me or are you worried for that woman because she couldn’t sleep last night??” Yujin said to that man.

 

“Your mother really care for you. And I know all the things that she is good to you” that man said.

 

“Stop referring her as my mother. SHE IS NOT MY MOTHER. And she will never be” Yujin said a little loud this time.

 

“I treat her like my own daughter but she didn’t consider me as her mother” that woman cried and that man embraced her.

 

“I just got back from my work trip and the first thing I had to deal with is about you” that man said to Yujin.

 

“Oh! So you just got back from your trip and the first thing you had to say to your daughter is like this” Yujin stared at that man.

 

“Stop talking back to your father.”

 

“I’m just stating the truth. But you didn’t believe me all the time. You always believe that woman but not your own daughter. I already had that enough Dad”

 

“I SAID STOP TALKING BACK” Yujin’s dad came towards Yujin and

 

“‘SLAP’”

 

Yujin head turned to the right because the slap she got from her father was a little bit hard.

 

Yujin turned her head with a wry smile and looked at her father.

 

“You slapped me. After one month of trip, the first thing you do to your daughter is slap her face. Ha… that can happen.” Yujin nodded her head. “Slapping is a little soft though. Why don’t you hit me like the past incident?”

 

“Stop bragging that old damn past thing”

 

Yujin gave a look at her father and then that woman. She stomped off and slammed the door as she took a leave. She heard her father shouting but she ignored. The surrounding was dark because it was 8:30 pm. She kept walking without destination.

 

 

 

 

“The total is **** madam. “ Minjoo was at a convenience store with her mother. She followed with her mother to hold the bags. 

 

Now they were on the way to their house. They passed the park and Minjoo stopped walking and bent her waist to take a look at the person who was sitting on the bench, hanging her head.

 

“Yujin???” Minjoo said softly.            

 

.............................................................................................TBC................................................................................................................

 

 

Hmmmmm.........so this chapter is a little bit about Yujin. There is a little Jinjoo moment. But I promised that next chapter will be Jinjoo :)

Thanks for reading my fic and sorry if there is any mistakes.