Chapter 1

Melody

Minjoo opened her twitter account when she got back from school like usual. She sometimes hit like button while scrolling and left some comments to her friends’ tweets. She stopped scrolling when she saw the video; the title is “Somewhere”.

“Oh that person updated!!!” Minjoo said quietly while smiling. That account had been Minjoo’s favorite account.

She didn’t know that account owner and also that person gender. But she admired that person for his/her talent of playing piano. That account name was YJ. (I will write YJ instead of account in the future). YJ had no other tweets but only videos of playing piano. Not many people followed YJ because it was not the account of famous or celebrity person and it was not like the usual twitter account like updating their daily lives, funny videos or photos and also YJ had zero following. But Minjoo followed YJ last 8 months ago.

She found out YJ when she was passing in front of the café, she heard the melody of playing piano in that café; she entered and bought a cup of hot chocolate, for respect, and asked the waiter for the name of the music. The waiter told her the account name and explained a little bit about YJ. Since then, she became a secret big fan of YJ.

She never had courage to leave comments in every song. She always wanted to leave a comment and also tried but after writing the comment, she always deleted. YJ also uploaded new song once a month. So today was the day. Minjoo saved the song before listening and also took her earphone from her bag and plugged it into her ears. She made sure everything was quiet before listening.  After that, she took a deep breathe like she got a reply from her long long crush, and clicked the play button.

(The song is July’s Somewhere)     

The melody started off with the soft piano tone. Minjoo closed her eyes and listened carefully. And that day hds ended.

She woke up early for school. Minjoo was 17 years old and a high school student. She was a cheerful kid since she was young. She had a kind and warm heart and wants to help everyone. Minjoo took a shower and then changed into school uniform, took her bag and came down to the dining room.

“Good Morning Mom” she said to her mother. Her mother, Mrs.Kim, looked back and smiled “Morning Sweetheart. Ready for school??”.  Minjoo ate breakfast with her family and her father, Mr.Kim, took her to her school. She had a normal life, not too rich, not poor, and just average. She was happy with her current situation. The car stopped when they arrived at school. “Bye Sweetheart. Do your best also today” Mr. Kim told her daughter with a smile on his face. “Bye Dad” Minjoo smiled back and waved her hand to say goodbye and started walking to school.

“Minjoo ahhh, let’s go together… Waitttt for meeeee!!!!” Minjoo stopped walking when she heard busan accent voice behind her back and looked back to the voice.

A girl with a light brown haired breathed heavily when she reached to Minjoo. Minjoo only smiled at her. “ Yuri ahh are you ok?” Yuri smiled back and put her hands onto Minjoo’s shoulders “Let’s go now”.

When they arrived to their classroom, “Hey guysssss” a girl with a short hair greet them. She was from Japan. She came to Korea last 3 years because of their family business.

“Hi Kkura” Minjoo and Yuri greeted to her.

“You arrive early today” Yuri said as she took a seat beside Sakura.

“Yeah I want to meet you guys very early. hee hee” Sakura said with a smirk on her face.

“Liar. Just say you can’t wait to meet your crush” Yuri talked back.

“You all are so loud already huhhh. I can hear your voice outside of the classroom. Geezz” a girl with a bang talked to them while entering the classroom. She sat beside Minjoo.

“Chaewon you miss our voices, right?” Sakura said with her double eyed wink.

“How are you now? Do you still have a cold?” Minjoo asked with a concerned tone.

“I am okay now Minjoo. Thank you for your worries” Chaewon smiled to Minjoo.

“Yah Yah, Kura!! YOUR CRUSH YOUR CRUSH IS COMINGGGGG” Yuri said while looking at the window.

“Omo Omo What should I do?”  Sakura said with big round eyes. “Act like normal. Like usual” Chaewon shook her head in disbelief.

 A girl with blonde hair, a girl with a pouty lips and a tall girl with short hair entered into the classroom. Sakura couldn’t take her eyes off of to the blonde girl. But Minjoo spotted a certain girl. The blonde girl and a pouty lips girl had cheerful faces but that girl only was emotionless. She had a really cold aura. She could make everything turn into ice when she looked at those things. Her face is expressionless.  She sat at her usual seat, beside the window, behind blonde girl and a pouty lips girl which is beside of Sakura and Yuri’s seat. Minjoo and Chaewon were sitting behind those two.            

“Yujin ah, what are you going to do tomorrow? If you have nothing to do, let’s hang out” a girl with blonde hair talk to a tall and short hair girl.

“I’m busy.”  Only got a short answer.

“You can hang out with me Chaeyeon” a pouty lips girl talked to blonde girl.

“but Yena, I want to hang out with Yujin” Chaeyeon sighed.

“ or we can go to Yujin’s house and wait and hang out. How about that?” Yena asked to her friends.

“That sounds really nice” Chaeyeon answered with a bright smile. But Yujin didn’t answer to them.

“Rude girl, my Jjerong is talking really sweet to her but look at her action” Sakura whispered herself.

“How did they become friends with her? She is like a stone more like ice stone” Sakura whispered again to her friends.

 

“She’s always like that. That’s why she is only friend with Chaeyeon and Yena in this school.” Yuri whispered back.

Minjoo looked at that girl. That girl placed her things on the table. “She always wears long sleeves” Minjoo thought. Minjoo was right. That girl always wore long white sleeves which covered her hands till the fingers.

The teacher came into the classroom. “Good Morning students. Before starting the lecture, I would like to announce you all that there will be a group project.”

“ahhhh” the students shouted. 

“2 people in one group. The groups are formed by me.”

“noooooo” students shouted more loudly.

Chaewon held Minjoo’s hand and mouthed “We will be together. We are always together in projects right.” Minjoo smiled at her.

“The group will be on notice board tomorrow. So, let’s start our lecture. Turn to page 156.”

The school had ended. Yujin walked back to her house after saying good bye with her friends. When she got back to house, one of the maids gave respect to her. Yujin just went up the stairs. She heard a women voice from downstairs. She just entered into her room. She took off her clothes and changed into comfortable clothes. She laid herself onto her bed and looked at her right hand. There was a big scar started from elbow to hand. She sighed and just closed her eyes to forget about everything. At dinner time, she just came down and had a dinner alone. A middle age women came into the dining room.

“You are eating now. Why don’t you wait your mother to have a dinner together?”.

Yujin just ate her dinner and got up without talking.

That women snickered “rude girl”.

There were many students talking in front of the notice board. Some were happy, some were sad because of the group list.

“Ohh the list has been out” Yuri said to her friends. They excused to the others to look at the list.

…………      

Group 3- Kim Chaewon and Oh Gyuri

…………

Group 8- Miyawaki Sakura and Lee Chaeyeon      

“Ahhhhh…I was with Jjaerong” Sakura smiled happily and clapped her hands like a seal.

………………

Group 10- Choi Yena and Jo Yuri

………………

Minjoo’s eyes were going to pop out when she saw a name beside hers.

……………..

Group 12-An Yujin and Kim Minjoo

30 students in the classroom but became a team member with Ice Queen of school. She sighed. Chaewon looked at Minjoo and patted her back.

“Minjoo ah, what are you going to do now?” Yuri asked with a concerned tone.

Minjoo could only smile to Yuri. Then she saw her team member was coming to the notice board. It’s more like dragging by her friends. Her friends looked at the list but she didn’t look at. She only stood beside them.

“Hey, we’re going to be a partner” Yena said to Yuri.

“Yeah” Yuri responded.

“Please help me a lot in the project, Sakura shi” Sakura shyly smiled to Chaeyeon.

They exchanged their phone numbers for the projects. Minjoo waited Yujin to talk to her. But the latter stood beside her friends. When Minjoo tried to talk to Yujin, Yujin turned her back and started walking without her friends.

“Yahhhh An Yujin wait for us” Chaeyeon and Yuri runned quickly to Yujin.

“I got Jjaerong phone number” Sakura said with sparkled eyes.

In the classroom, “I think you all saw the group list. The deadline will be next 2 weeks.”

Chaewon rose her hand “Tr, can I change my team member? I want to be with Minjoo”.

Oh Gyuri glared at Chaewon. “I’m sorry but the groups have already formed and I don’t want to change member only for you. If I swap member for you, the others will come and request to swap for them too. It’ll not be fair for others. So, stick with your previous member Chaewon”. Chaewon sighed and pouted her lips.

“It’s ok Chaewonnie.” Minjoo patted Chaewon’s head.

“Someone wants your member.” Yena said quietly to Yujin. Yujin just sat still and didn't budge.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

 

 

 

So here it goes the first chapter!!!!!!! I wrote this chapter last week but I didn't have a chance to upload it.(Coz I'm shy and afraid that no one will read my fic.) But today is Valentine's day and there was Jinjoo moment on VLIVE(Yayyyyyyyy). I want to make it special so I encourage myself to upload it. Please drop the comments and give ideas to me guyssss. See you soon!