HIM - that one minute.

Love at first 'Hi'

HIM

I went home around 9 where Bobby decided to take my part in the job, seeing how terrible I looked to him. Bobby went to bed early the night before even though it was his birthday but I had to wait for the guest to go home and I ended up going to bed at 3 in the morning and woke up at 4. For your information, me and Bobby lived together at a small apartment.

As soon as I’m home, I flopped onto the bed. I took a look at the time through my phone and I had 3 more hours before the dance practice at 12. Setting the alarm at 11, and I was off to my dreamland.

‘Wakeeee up! Wakeeee up! Hanbin oppaaaa, wakeeee up!’ Hanbyul’s voice, my little sister with 15 years gap as my alarm, never failed to make me smile everytime I woke up to turn the alarm off.

‘Wakeeee up! Wakeeee up! Hanbin oppaaaa, wakeeee up!’ And again, I smiled at Hanbyul’s voice.

‘Wakeeee up! Wakeeee up!’ Hanbin oppaaaa, wakeeee up!’ I took my phone while smiling at Hanbyul’s vo—I widened my eyes when I saw the time at 12 sharp.

I ran to the bathroom and quickly washed my face before I took off my work clothes and changed into my dance clothes. Just why do Bobby had to find a house that required us to take bicycle to the bustop. I had no time to unlock the bicycle so I ran with all my might to the bustop. It takes 20 minutes to arrive by walking but with this pace of mine, it took only 10 minutes for me to arrive. Without caring whoever it was that going on board, I rushed passed the person as I entered first.

“What should we do, I only accept 25 passengers.” The bus driver stated. Great, what a day I’m going through. I took a deep breath and turned around to face the girl behind me, hoping that she would let me take this bus. As I turned around, I saw a familiar face. “Choco girl?” I pointed at her. It was the girl from this morning. This time she was dressed up. With that ponytail of hers and the light pink lipstick, she didn’t look like someone who would be included in the percentage of suicide rate in Korea.

I really wanted to say hi to her but I couldn’t help it as the words came out from my mouth was, “I’m so sorry but I really need to board this bus.” I begged her. I was already late for the dance and I was very desperate to board the bus. She nodded and took a step back, I felt bad and I wanted to apologize and yet the only thing that came out was a “Thank you!” Once again, good job Kim Hanbin, you jerk.

I searched for my card and guess what? I just happened to come across a bus driver that had no patience at all. “Do you have your card or not? If you don’t, let the girl board, and you can board the next bus.” Ugh, I was already in a panic state and he made me lose my patience. “Just a minute.”

I searched my bag, my wallet, my pocket and there was no sign of the card being around. I must have left it in my working bag. Great.

All of sudden, choco girl board into the bus and scanned her card. Looks like I need to get down and just let choco girl board. But before I could do anything, she took a step back. I was confused and as I turned to her, “Have a nice day too.” She smiled to me before she went to board the bus that just arrived. I walked into the back of the bus and stood there as there were no seats left.

The scene earlier kept on replaying inside my mind, the way she nodded and step back, the way she board the bus and scanned the card, the way she said ‘Have a nice day too’, and the way she smiled, somehow made my heart beats.

In such a short time, or to be exact, in just one minute, I think I’ve fallen for her.

Dear one minute, seems like I owe you now.