HER - have a nice day!

Love at first 'Hi'

HER

Have you guys ever wonder where will you meet the love of your life? I always have this scene in my head where I will be meeting the love of my life through my consistency of doing something, be it going for a walk in the park, or becoming a regular customer in a café.

Others love story start with love at the first sight,

As for mine, my story start with love at the first ‘Hi’.


“A water and a bun.” It was too early to start an argument with him so I took the money from him as I went down from the car and entered the usual shop we always visited. It was 6 in the morning and the reason why we were outside at this time was because of both of us running an errand for our older sister who left her daughter and son with us as she worked at Japan. It would be better if my brother let me have my peaceful sleep at home but too bad he was not the angel type of brother as he kept this mindset whereas ‘If I suffer, Junhee suffers too’. For your information, my name is Goo Junhee.

As I was about to enter the shop, the door was acting weird, I pushed it and yet it could not be opened, I pulled it, same answer, still not moving. I blinked. Maybe because it was too early for me that my mind somehow could not work. I stood infront of the transparent door, trying to ask for help from the workers, but perhaps my luck was still asleep that it was not on my side early in that morning, none of them even care to help me.

I sighed. It was too early for me and- oh wait, I turned to the door on the left side, ah, I thought to myself, I pushed the door on the left side and finally I’m inside the shop. I finally entered the shop and went to the first shelves near the counter.

“Hi.” I slightly turned around to the greeting and could only find the guy at the counter, not someone familiar, instead a stranger. I turned my head to the shelves again as I took the bun and I heard a cough. Who did he greet? Me?

Ignoring my thought, I went to the second shelves to take the stuff that I wanted, chocolate. Right after that, I went to the water section and took a bottle of it before walking towards the counter to pay.

I looked up to the guy who probably caught a flu because of him who coughed after greeting an invisible person that I almost mistook as me.

“That would be 5,000won.” He smiled at me. But it seems more like an awkward smile? He has that dimple where I think quite cute whenever he smile. I took out the cash and handed it to him. “Do you need plastic bag?” He asked and I shook my head. He kind of pushed all the things to my side so that I can take it easily and we kind of brushed our hand together. As I took the things, he kind of titled his head to face the me who was looking down at the things. I looked up and he smiled innocently before saying, “Have a nice day!”. I smiled back and went out from the shop.