Chapter 2: Repay

Take Myoui Heart

The Next Day, Myoui house

SHARON POV

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGG* *RIII—*

I grunted as I heard that loud noise from room next door and of course it ruined my sleep. That sound came from mina’s Analog clock yet it successfully not just made her awake, but me too. I’m a light sleeper, any noise could disturb my sleep. so although that sounds was from next door, I still can hear it and yea... easily awake by it.

I’m not sleeping in Mina’s room again like these past days because mina has morning class today while I’m not and she said she didn’t want to disturb my sleep so she told me to sleep in my own room. but whether I sleep with her or not, that annoying and noisy analog clock will always disturb my sleep..

At first I want to go back to sleep because I have afternoon class so I still have plenty time to rest.. but the thought that Mina needs someone to drive her to campus made me came out from bed and walked outside my room.

When I came out, I saw the bathroom light is on, meaning mina is in there. Okay then. Since Mina in bathroom, I just went straight to the kitchen and try to prepare easy breakfast for both me and mina. I’m going to make a simple strawberry jam toast since that’s the only thing I can make.. not like mina, I can’t cook. Blame it all to my grandpa who live with maids and butlers back in US and they never let me near stove or even knifes. So yea.. the only think I can make is toast.

While I waited for the toast to be ready, I walked to living room and turn on the TV. It somehow become a habit for me when I have free time in morning, I will watch morning news.. things that me and grandpa always do. I need to keep up with things that happened out there either economy or even politics. Grandpa said that power not just come from strictness or authority, but also come from knowledge. So if we know many things, it’ll be a great advantage for our capabilities and people will look up on us for the amount of information right? so yea.. here I am, watching morning news that explaining current stock value.

 

“Sharon? You’re up already?” I turned around from my seat as I heard mina’s voice. She just came down from the stairs with face looked fresher.

“Blame your annoying clock for waking me up.”

“Really? It reach through your room?” I nod at her question.

“oh my.. I’m so sorry.. Jeongnam never talk to me about it so I never notice that my clock is that noisy..”

“She really never bothered by it??” I asked in a total shocked and then I get more shocked when Mina nod her head.. indeed jeongnam is such a heavy sleeper.

“if it’s bothering you,  starting tomorrow  I’ll just use my phone..” Thank god! Finally! After three days live here, I finally can stop hearing that loud alarm clock.

“Thank you.. oh by the way, I made a toast for you in the oven. But it’s not cooked yet.” Mina then smiled and slightly jogs towards me to give me a hug

“Thank you and good morning Sharon~”

“Good morning too you to. Now change your clothes before the toast done.”

“Okay~” She then skipped her way through the dressing room and started changing her clothes.

 

You know what? the three of us are same age.. duh of course we’re triplets.. But what I’m tryin to say is, I will always treat mina as younger sister. I mean really like a younger sister who’s few years different with me. Well yes mina can do all the house course pretty well. Even better than me. But she’s so innocent and so sweet.. she always smiley and all softy.. and as the oldest, I promise to protect that smile and the innocent inside her. I won’t let anyone took those smile away from her face.

 

*DING*

 

Oh the toast is done!

I quickly ran towards the oven and took out the perfectly cooked toast.

 

“Mina! the toast is ready!”

“I’m coming!” not long after that, she came with such a soft outfit. She wear a black pants and slightly oversized gray cardigan with black tank top beneath it. Maybe this is the reason why Mina is famous in campus huh? she’s so cute..

 

Mina then sat beside me and then she ate the toast. Her feet start wedeling under the table and wide smile appeared once she bite the toast. That cute behavior of her just made me smiled and I really didn’t regret my decision to go back to Korea..

 

“Sharon, Jeongnam class schedule is around yours so please make sure she wakes up on time okay?” I nod at her. she then smiled at it and starting to eat her toast.

“By the way mina, since jeongnam is asleep.. I’ll drive you to campus.” she looked shocked when I said that and she roughly swallowed her fresh bitten toast to said,

“Eh? no need! I can ride a bus.”

“Gee Mina. I’m your sister.. not your crush or anything.. chill. Besides.. I just want to spent my time with my lovely sister~” I pinched her cheek and gave her my nose scrunching smile.

“Okay then you win..”

“But it’s not free!”

“you’re the one who offering yourself to me yet I have to pay…”

“come on! it’s not that pricey just.. here.” I showed mina my right cheek and patted it twice with my index finger.

I could see she smiled a bit when I did that. well I’m not a materialistic person. I don’t really have greed for money and wealth. But I’m surely greedy for my sister’s affection. Soon after that, mina gave me a small peck on the cheek

 

“Now let’s finish this toast and get going.”


J University

 “When your class end?” I asked soon after I stopped the car near Mina’s department entrance.

“Ah no need to wait me.. I’ll hang out with Sana after class.”

“aah.. okay then. Good luck with today class.”

“You too. drive safe okay.”

“I’m not jeongnam so don’t worry.. bye!”

“Bye!!”

 

Mina then jogs towards campus building, away from the car. Okay so I still have 4 hours to go before class start.. what should i—

 

*BZZT*

 

Before I hit the pedal, I stopped as my phone buzzed. It was actually a message and whoa.. it’s from jeongnam. So she awakes now? amazing.. even without either me or Mina’s help.. okay let’s see what she texted me.

 

Message from Jeongnam:

Buy me Americano and muffin in Soul Café. Just type the address in the navigation if you don’t know the place.

 

Whoa… look at her.. she didn’t even use please, or even use my name.. she’s lucky that she is my sister.. Oh well.. Although it’s a little bit burdensome, but I’ll do it for the sake of fixing my relation with jeongnam.

So then I typed Soul café into the navigation and right after that, it started to guide me towards the destination whom actually not that far from campus.


Soul Café

It only took me 5 minutes to arrive in Soul Café. Once I got out from my car, I admired the visual of the café. It’s looks pretty comfy and well-made. Like other Comfy Café, they used woods as their main ornaments and also a clear window that made me see through the café that still empty.

 

*Cling*

 

“Good Morning. Welcome to so—”

 

Not Just the employee who suddenly froze and stopped her greetings.. Me too. I froze right in between the opened door while looking at the employee in shocked. Well.. what do you expect me to react? I saw my very own bestfriend stood there in a black button up shirt and brown apron with her black hair tied in ponytail.. yes. she’s park jihyo.

 

“Welcome to Soul Café.” She said after maybe collecting herself. I slowly walked into the counter and stood in front of her.

“May I help you with your order, ma’am?” Jihyo’s question nearly made me laugh but at the same time kind of amazed that she can still remain professional eventhough she’s facing someone she knows.

 

Should I play along? Or should I ? hm.. naah I don’t think that appropriate.. Although I want but no. that’s not my style.

 

 “One Ice Americano, and a chocolate muffin please.”

“would you like to dine in or take away?”

“Take away.” I said while giving her some money to pay the order

“Please wait for a moment ma’am.”

 

Jihyo then walked toward the coffee machine and started to make the coffee. I waited on the pickup counter and just observed the way Jihyo worked on the counter pit.

She moves quick.. Here and there, trying to finish the order as quick as possible. Whoa… She’s good with her works.. it looks like she’s already doing this for a long time. But why she’s doing this? her family financial isn’t that bad.. And since when she’s working like this?

usually whenever I have video  call with mina, I would ask things about Jihyo.. Yet Mina never say anything about Jihyo doing works like this.. Well it’s not like I don’t want to ask directly to her.. it just Mina told me that Jihyo is focusing herself on certain things and she’s quite busy. So I thought because both of us busy with our things.. it’ll be better if I don’t try to disturb our focus..

 

“Here’s your order ma’am. thank you for coming to soul café.”

“Can we drop the professionality for a moment? You know I need an explanation.”

“Is there anything that I can help you ma—“

“Jihyo, please?”

 

Jihyo looked around for a second and once she didn’t see her supervisor insight, she let down all her professionalism and talked.

 

“Fine… five minutes okay. I only have short shift today so I need to work quick.”

“Why you didn’t tell me you do a part time job?”

“You never ask?”

“Really jihyo? I thought we are friends?”

“Well you rarely answer my email too so how the hell I can tell you?” oops… it turned to be a boomerang for me huh? hahaha..

“Right.. haha.. okay sorry..” I said “but since when tho?”

“If you asked me about my job here, I’m here since last year.. I just want to—“

“Wait wait.. don’t tell me you already do it since long ago?”

“Well yea.. I do few part-time jobs during high school.”

Isn’t it illegal?”

“Well… back then I just did part-time job as a tutor and during weekend I helped my aunt’s restaurant.”

 

Whoa.. I think she has working experiences as much as I have. Although in a really different field. Mine more focus to the upper people—CEO, investors, stockholders. While Jihyo dealing with regular people.. But why tho? Why she has to work like that?

 

“But why? nothing bad happened to your family right?”

“No.. my family is fine.. but I just wanna be independent.. not relay too much to my parents. And most of all I just want to have as many experience as possible.. So yea..”

“uuu… yokshi park jihyo.” and she rolled her eyes when I cooed at her like that.

 

*Cling*

 

It was a sound of bell from the door, indicating a new costumer came and that made our talk ends.

 

“Gotta back to work now. See you in class okay.”

“Hold up hold up.” I said and after jihyo stopped, I continue what I wanna said, “you said you have short shift today?”

“Yup. Ends 30 minutes before the class start.”

“Wonderful. Then I’ll pick you up okay.”

“What? no need. It’s near to campus from here.”

“Well, it won’t even cost you anything if you ride my car..”

“Fine.. But don’t be late.” I scoffed when I heard she said that

“Me? Myoui Sharon? Late?”

“Just shut up and go back home..” both of us smiled at each other and then Jihyo continued to work.

 

But somehow I can’t leave. I still stood on the pick up counter, with my elbow on top of it to prompt my body and just watched how Jihyo works.  She smiled wide as she greeted the costumer, talking in a really polite manner as possible for the sake of pleasing them, and again.. she came to coffee machine and begin making the drinks for the new customer.  

You know what? maybe because she’s not the young jihyo that I knew but the way she’s working right now, I’m not gonna lie. She looks attractive. I bet everyone will over the heels if they saw her working like this.. I mean look at that focus gaze..

 

“Why you still here?” whispered Jihyo while she pressing the coffee machine

“It fascinating to see you working.” I said

“what are you talking about.. I’m just doing this.” she said while let out a small laugh

“Yea. but you look attractive.” She suddenly froze a bit and then looked other way from me

“S-shut up!” whoa she’s mad..

“Okay.. No need to be so stern to me like that Ms. Park.. I’ll take my leave and won’t bother you again. Good luck and see you later~” and then I left the store and go back to home.


Soul Cafe, 12.00 PM

AUTHOR POV

It was 40 minutes before Sharon’s class starts and now she already in front of Soul Café, ready to pick up Jihyo. Sharon was supposed to be here with Jeongnam since both class started in the same time. But jeongnam refused and chose to ride her bike. Well it’s not because she didn’t want to ride with Sharon. It just she has a long class and finished at night. So rather than asked Sharon to wait her or pick her up, or maybe go home alone by bus, Jeongnam prefer to ride her own bike.

Back to Sharon, she’s 10 minutes earlier than she supposed to be and of course, once she went in, Jihyo was still working on the counter. Dealing with customers order. Since she’s a little bit thirsty, Sharon decided to order something.

 

“Welcome to—you’re early.”

“Myoui Sharon never late.” Jihyo smiled when Sharon said that

“May I help you with your order, ma’am?”

“One hot macchiato, please and dine in.”

“Please wait for a moment ma’am. we’ll bring your order right to your seat.”

 

After that Sharon went to one of the vacant chair and sat there, waiting for both her order and also Jihyo. compared to this morning, the café is busier now with customers lining up and also the chair was filled with people. The workers also got merrier.. earlier Jihyo just by herself stood on the counter while another two workers moping and cleaning the table area. But now there are three people in the counter; one making the coffee, one in charge with the light meals, and one in the cashier—which is what jihyo doing now.

Since Jihyo just doing nothing except taking people’s order, Sharon just took out her book and read, while waiting her order came.

Meanwhile in the counter, all the workers eyes led on Sharon. The way she held and read her book made all of them captivated by it. She looks calm yet somehow there’s a strong vibe came out from her.

“Jihyo-ssi. I still can’t differ the myoui. is that Mina or jeongnam?” whispered one of Jihyo’s co-worker who’s whispering behind Jihyo.

After she asked the customer to move aside towards the pick up section, Jihyo answered her co-worker’s question. “She’s none of them, sunbae. Myoui sisters are actually a triplets and she’s the oldest one. Sharon.” Said Jihyo

“Whoa.. so there are three of them?!! hey tell me what kind of person she is.”

 

Most of the workers know about mina and jeongnam since they’re a regular in the café.. and all the workers especially the men, fall for them and keep asking jihyo to help them get close with either one of them. But yea the result never been good..

 

“Well.. to sum up a bit.. she’s not easy to get close with..”

“Oooh.. I like it.. so she’s not a shy type like mina right?”

“Nope. And not as care less as jeongnam.”

“Okay! I’ll talk to her. Hey let me the one who bring it to her.” Jihyo just tried to hide her laugh because she’s know what about to happen.

 

Jihyo just focusing taking orders from customers and after that she also wrote something on the cup. She sometimes stole a glance towards Sharon’s table and there she saw how her co-workers started his plan. She can’t hear anything from here but just from the way her co-worker bowing many times, it’s totally indicating that his plan already ruined. After that her co-worker came back to the counter and walked near Jihyo to whisper her something.

 

“She’s soo scary!” said him with half whisper and half yelling

“I told you she’s not easy to get close with right.”

“Yeah! but she’s soo stern! I have to apologize many time to her since she’s questioning about my professionalism and nearly called the manager because she thinks I’m bothering her and tried to flirt with her.”

“She’s that kind of person.. she only care with people if they have something really important to talk to her. if its just a mere get-to-know thing, she’ll refuse.”

“YOU SHOULD’VE TOLD ME THAT EARLIER!”

“sorry.. well my shift is nearly done now. I need to clean up a bit inside and go to campus. Bye sunbaenim..”

.

.

Few minutes after she done changing her uniform into casual clothes, Jihyo went out from staff room and went towards Sharon. From afar, she witnessed how focus Sharon with her books. It’s not a non-fiction book that she read. it’s a book about business that apparently recommended by one of their professor in case any students need deeper understanding about the class.

Jihyo then walked towards her and slowly sat on the chair, afraid that she’ll disturbed her and that’s the last thing she will do. Disturbing Sharon while she’s focusing herself on reading is a big no no. Maybe that’s also one of the reason why her co-workers got a really bitter responds from Sharon.

Once she seated, Sharon didn’t notice her since she’s too immersed to her book and seeing this, made Jihyo smiled at how studious Sharon is. Since they were a kid, Sharon always one step ahead from all her friends. she always asked the teacher for more advance things and such.. Jihyo really admire this side of sharon.

Jihyo didn’t say anything or do anything actually. she just sat there but then suddenly Sharon who was so stuck into the book, tilted up her head towards Jihyo—now she noticed jihyo’s  presences.  But Sharon didn’t say anything and just stare at her. eyes darting from top to bottom, scanning Jihyo. Well jihyo is actually a shy type, although not as severe as mina.. but being stared like that of course made her feel uncomfortable and embarrassed.

 

“W-what? stop staring..” said Jihyo.

“Can you just wear your working uniform?” asked Sharon.

“No. Of course I can’t.. why?”

“Your casual outfit is boring.” Jihyo gave Sharon a flat face as she heard the straightforward insult from her very own bestfriend. Well.. she still the same Sharon after all.. Always say anything what comes through her mind..

“So what.. no one even bother by it..”

“But.. you in your work uniform is way hotter than in this plain sweater..”  

“S-shut up.. I’m going to campus for study. N-not for impress anyone with my outfit..” Sharon blink slowly for few second—trying to digest Jihyo’s argument and after that she nod her head

“Well true. I acknowledge your reasoning. But still. You look hotter earlier.”

“stop teasing me and let’s just get going.. or else we’ll be late for class.”

“I’m not teasing you okay.. and chill.. we still have plenty of time.”

“Come on sha—“

“Just chill.. I already set reminder in my phone. we’re going 10 minutes after this. here I found something interesting in this book. Remember about things that the professor told us? it actually simplified by this. so the book just said that…--“

Then Jihyo stuck in the table and listening to whatever Sharon told her. at first Jihyo want to run away since Sharon’s blunt compliment is embarrassing for her. but then here she is.. immersed to whatever Sharon explained her.

Sharon always like that since they were a kid. she’ll compliment jihyo whenever Sharon thinks she’s pretty, cute, or cool.. and she’ll also ‘insult’ jihyo whenever she didn’t like how jihyo looks. Back when they were a kid, jihyo got hurt many time by it but as time goes by, as they grew older together, jihyo got used to it.

Although sometimes it annoying, but it just one of various thing of Sharon that she admire. Her straightforwardness is something that jihyo doesn’t have. Yes maybe jihyo is stern.. but she’ll never as straightforward as Sharon. She’ll be a straightforward person if she’s mad or pissed. That’s all. Honesty that Sharon has is really admirable..

 

“and you see, your arguments yesterday could be applicable in this kind of case. If yo—“ said Sharon as she keeps explaining.

 

And another side that makes the blunt and straightforward Sharon admirable in jihyo’s eyes is, although she always one step ahead from everyone, she always make sure that jihyo always move along with her. Like what she’s doing right now. sharing any new things she knows to jihyo and help her to get the same knowledge she knows.. Hearing Sharon explaining things that jihyo didn’t know now, made her reminiscing about their elementary school days..

 

“Am I that mesmerizing?” Sharon’s question made Jihyo woke from her slight doze.

“What?”

“You gave me that small smile like you fall for me. I know I look attractive when I explain intellectual things.” Jihyo’s face redden once Sharon told that to her. well it’s not fully wrong that Jihyo is slightly mesmerized by Sharon. But it’s not true either that she fall for Sharon just because of that.

“D-don’t be so full of yourself.. I’m just remembering about what we used to do when we were kids.. attractive? Psh..”

“Well.. for now I’ll buy your lies. I know no one could resist my charm.” Jihyo just rolled her eyes when she heard Sharon said that.

“But you listened to my explanation right?”

“Yes Sharon.. and thank you for that.. I’ll try to read that book too.”

 

*DIRIRING* *DIRIRING*

 

“Welp! Look at the time.. shall we go?”

“Sure..”

 

Then both of them stood from the chair and walked towards Sharon’s car. After they got inside, they buckled up and Sharon turn on the engine.

 

“By the way.. you owe me something.” Sharon said.

“What?”

“You didn’t stop your co-worker for disturbing me earlier.”

“well.. I reminded him that you’re not the type who could be easy to get close with.. he’s the one who didn’t get the hint.”

“but still. You should pay for it.” JIhyo let out a sigh for this.

“Fine.. how can I repay my mistakes, ms. Myoui?”

“Let’s go out after class. Hanging out like eating dinner or something.”

“That’s it?” Sharon nod her head.

“Okay then.. I don’t have any schedule so.. yea.” Sharon then gave Jihyo a wide smile while she excitedly changing the gear and the car slowly moved.

“Yeay~ a date with Jihyo~”

“i-it’s not a date…”

 

And the car went towards the campus with Sharon in a happy mood, and jihyo in a flustered mood.

.

.

.

15.30 pm

Mina was waiting sana to finish her class in the cafeteria. Both of them are going to Myeongdong to hang out, grab something to eat or maybe buy new clothes. At first mina suggested they could hang out on the weekend but sana been desperately need refreshing and new clothes, although they were just finished their semester break..

While waiting for sana who’s class supposed to ends like 10 minutes ago, Mina was playing a game in her phone. She is indeed share the same hobbies as jeongnam since the two always spend times together and jeongnam also loves to invite mina to join her game. So here she is, drown into her own world.

But her focus was disturbed by the sudden appearance of a cup of ramyeon in front of her. She paused her game and looked up, trying to see the owner of that ramyeon. Once she tilted up her head, her heart skipped a beat and she nearly slipped off her phone. moreover, the person who stood in front of her suddenly gave her a big griny wide smile and that just melted her heart

“Hi!” said the girl

“H-hi there.. momo.” After hearing mina replied her greetings, momo gripped the chopsticks and ready to put that steamy and hot ramyeon in to her stomach.

“Want some?” flustered by the question, Mina shook her head quick and that made Momo automatically devoured the ramyeon right away.

 

After she can collect herself, Mina then quitted her game and decided to talk to momo who’s too absorbed with her ramyeon.

 

“Didn’t you said that you had class right now?” asked Mina and she got a nod from momo whom slurping her ramyeon without worries.

“then? Why are you here? are the class canceled?” asked Min again

“No. the class is starting I’m here just for a short break.”

“You skip class?” Asked Mina

“Not skip it. I’m just taking a small break.” Mina’s eyes widen and she unconsciously grabbed momo’s hand to prevent her took another bite.

“You have to go back now.”

 

And there.. the whiny momo appeared. The version of momo that no one other than mina and few of Momo’s close friend ever see. Mina need to compose herself so she won’t fell for that cute charm because what Momo’s doing now, is wrong.

 

“I’m hungry…”

“You have to hold it.. in 30 minutes your class will be finished right?”

“But if I wait 30 minute I’ll be dead mina.”

“That’s impossible..”

“Just let me finish this please? I promise I’ll go back after this.”

“But mo—“

“please??” Momo pleaded with her sparkling eyes and pout, hoping mina could at least let her finish her ramyeon.

“Fine.. I’ll let you this time.” And momo smiled after hearing it.

“You are the best~ now, can you let go my hand? I need it.”

 

Mina quickly let go momo’s hand and looked the other way. she didn’t realized that she actually holding momo’s hand and it’s quite embarrassing for her. she rubbed her cheek, trying to hide her blush. And thank god momo too focused on her ramyeon and didn’t notice mina’s gesture.  

 

“Minaa! I’m sorry to make you wa— oh momo is here! great! now the three of us could go to Myeongdong together!”  that was sana who was just arrived after finishing her class.

“No sana.. Apparently she sneaked out from her class to eat some ramyeon. So she needs to go back to class”

“Whoa.. You really are remarkable..” said Sana. “If your class finished early, you can join us.” said sana again.

“Sorry.. Jeongyeon suddenly asked for group meeting so.. I can’t.”

“Aah.. oh well we can do it another time.”

“Now I see your bowl is empty, you better go back to your class now.”

“Gee mina.. you’re no fun.. let me rest a bit.”

“Nope. You should go back now.” Momo let out a sigh and then stood up.

“Fine.. have fun you two.”

 

Just when momo wanted to go, mina stopped her and asked momo to sit again. once momo sat again, mina suddenly stretched her hand and wiped a stain of ramyeon soup on each corner of momo’s lips.

 

“Your professor will caught you with those stains..” said Mina and that made Momo smiled

“Your indeed such a live saver. Thank you~” after she bid goodbye, she ran back towards her class.

 

Mina and sana just looked to momo’s back who quickly faded as she ran. Mina never left her eyes from her, yet sana only saw her for a moment and then drifted her eyes towards mina. soon a huge smirk craved on her face as she saw mina smiling while her eyes looking at momo.

 

“Just tell her already.” the smiling face automatically turned shallow as mina heard what sana just said.

“You know how she feels about me. I’m just myoui mina. her friend that always help and save her from any trouble.”

“You’ll never know ri—”

“Do you? do you know about her feelings?”

“N-not really..”

“Then let’s keep it that way. I’m okay as long as I can be with her. even just as her friend.” Sana sigh while let out a small smile. Although she really dislike mina’s thought, but she didn’t want to ruin today’s mood so she just let it flow and tried to change the topic

“Okay I understand.. Sorry for pushing you like that.. Now, shall we go?”

“Sure..”


Myeongdong, 20.10 pm

Time flies without either of sana or mina realized. They’re too engrossed with the shopping spree as they went into one store to another. Sana actually the one who was so excited with it. she kept dragged mina in and out several store, asked her to pick which one she should buy, but on the bright side, Sana also help mina to find new clothes. well not as much as Sana bought..

Now both are enjoying their rest in a bingsu store. Although the weather is quite chilly, they still order a red beans bingsu and eat it to wipe out their fatigue due to walking around the place. But then mina’s phone rang, and she picked it up.

 

“Yes Jeongnam?” said mina as soon as she picked up her phone.

“Where are you? are you still in Myeongdong?”

“Yes. we’re in a bingsu store, resting for a bit.”

“So sana still with you?”

“Yes she’s sti—“

“Jeongnam-aaah~” Sana suddenly intervene the call. But jeongnam didn’t responds to it and in fact, she said something that surprised Mina

“Stay there okay. I’ll pick you up.”

“What? no need.. I can ride a bus.”

“It’s late already. now stay there and tell sana not to leave you before I go there.”

“But jeo—“

 

*toot**toot*

 

Jeongnam hung up the phone without even let mina finished anything she wanted to say.

 

“What she means with already late.. it’s still 8pm now..” Mumbled mina after the phone been hung up.

“What’s wrong?” asked Sana.

“Jeongnam want you to stay here with me until she came here.”

“Oh? Does she want to talk something to me?”

“No.. she just wanted to pick me up and maybe she want you to make sure I’m not alone when waiting her.”

“Aaah.. well that’s make sense.. but aren’t she like in a meeting with her band?” Mina nod her head

“I already told her that I’ll ride a bus. But you know jeongnam.. she won’t let me ride any public transportation alone.”

“Oooh~ protective.. I like it.”

 

Mina who was wanted to take a bite of her bingsu stopped and gave sana a death glare. She really can’t believe her own friend said that kind of thing upon her frustration.

 

“I’m sorry.. I’m just kidding..”

“oh god! Earlier Sharon keep texting me and asking about what I’m doing and when I’ll be at home, and now jeongnam insisted to pick me up. Why they treat me like I’m a 5 year old kid..” said mina as she frustrated upon her sisters protectiveness.

 

Well indeed both her sisters really really ‘bothered’ her with too much attention. Sharon who’s out with jihyo keep texting her about what she’s doing and when will she go home. Although Sharon didn’t insist to pick her up, but still she nags about safety and stuff. But the worst is Jeongnam. Jeongnam protectiveness towards her is really frustrating for her.It’s not that mina hates the care and worries jeongnam had towards her. but it grew too much and somehow it becomes something Mina hates.

Since they were kid, both of them always go to school together. During elementary until junior high they had chauffer since both their parents still live together with them. But on high school, they went to school by bus and during this time, Jeongnam never even let Mina go anywhere by herself. If she has club activity, Jeongnam will wait until she finished and went home together. If She has group project, she’ll make sure that one of mina’s friend accompanied her in the bus. And the reason why Mina can’t drive is because Jeongnam didn’t want her to learn it. Jeongnam said that Mina doesn’t need it since she’ll always going to drive her no matter where she wanna go.

 

“For sharon case, I think it just a normal worries.. you know she been away from you so she act like that. But for jeongnam… have you tried to talk about this with her?” asked Sana. As Mina’s friend since junior high, Sana know and understand how Jeongnam act towards Mina.

“I tried.. but jeongnam is stubborn..”

“try again.. now you have sharon right? she probably will back you up.”

“I think she’ll end up in Jeongnam side..”

“Then find a girlfriend.” Again mina shot sana her sharp glare.

“What? it’s a great idea! If you have someone that could protect you, be there for you, your sisters doesn’t have to worry anything about you right?”

“Like Jeongnam will trust her..”

“She will. If your girlfriend is momo.”

 “Sana!”

“Well it’s true tho.. Momo is Jeongnam friends and you know how she treat all her bandmates right? she treat them like family and she trust them very very much. Of course she will stop worrying you if you date momo.”

“But that’s not the main problem okay. In fact, even if Jeongnam okay with it, it doesn’t mean Momo has feeling for me right?”

“We neve—“

“Let’s just drop this talk okay.. please..”

“Fine fine.. I’m sorry~ stop frowning~” Said sana as she pinched both Mina’s cheeks, hope it’ll cheer her.

.

.

After around 20 minutes waiting, Sana and Mina stood in front of the store and suddenly approached by a car. It’s not Jeongnam’s car and both sana and mina notice it. maybe because Sharon still not home, Jeongnam had to borrow one of her friend’s car and in this case, she borrowed Jeongyeon’s. But then both sana and Mina shocked when the window rolled down. It’s not Jeongnam who drove it and not even jeongyeon..

 

“Momorin?” the person who’ve been called hovered her body a bit and waved at the shocked mina and sana.

“Wha-I thought Jeongnam the one who’ll be here?” asked Mina

“At first she insisted to go. but she still has unfinished things with the other and at that time I’m the only one who’s not really busy so.. here I am.” Sana and Mina just nod their head upon receiving that information.

“Now come in. let’s go home.” Said Momo. Mina then nod her head and hugged Sana for saying goodbyes to her

“Why you saying goodbye already?” momo’s question made Sana and mina confused

“Jeongnam not just asked me to pick mina. I’m here to drive both of you back home.”

“Me too?”

“Yup. She said something like ‘make sure to drive sana back to her home’ to me so.. yea. you too.”

 

A huge and happy smile craved on Sana’s face. she never knew that jeongnam who always seems hating her actually care for her. this is new for her but it doesn’t mean she didn’t like it. 

 

“Just come in will ya? If we take too long, I’m afraid Jeongnam will scold me.” both nod her head.

At first Sana wanted to take the back seat. But the nervous Mina acted quicker as she already opened it and sat on the back. Momo’s sudden appearance indeed made the shy mina become nervous so that’s the only thing she can do. sit on the back sit and try to compose herself again.

 

“Let’s go~”


Sana’s House

“it seems your dad is home?” those three looked towards Sana’s house and they can see lights shining from inside it. sometimes it’s not that bright since her father is a surgeon so rarely in home.

“Yea.. Dad said that he’ll be home tonight.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t know.. we shouldn’t have went to the bingsu store and just went back home if I knew he’ll be home.” Said Mina

“Hey relax.. My dad will take his day off until next week. I can spend many time with him.” Said Sana.

“Well then.. tell him I say hi..” said Mina

“Me too. And.. have fun with your dad.” said Momo

“I will..” after she said that, she took off the seat belt and hug momo. “Thank you so much momo for giving me a ride.” Said Sana.

“I’m just following jeongnam’s order.”

“And thank you mina for today. we definitely have to hang out again. well the three of us will be a lot more better.”

With a smile mina then said, “sure. We’ll hang out again soon.”

“Okay I’m going in. and mina, please give jeongnam a kiss on a cheek for me okay? just a small gratitude for being thoughtful to me.” and mina nod at it

“See you tomorrow guys~ drive safe momo.”

 

*BAM*

 

Mina went closer to the right side and waved her hand towards Sana and soon after that she went into her house.

 

“Eum.. mina? you won’t move to the front seat?”

“ne? uh..i can?” Momo let out a short laughed hearing that

“Of course you can. Even I prefer you to sit in front.”

“O-okay.. I’ll move..”


MINA POV

After I moved to the front seat, momo started the engine again and we continue our way to my home. Just for your records.. I’m not always stuttering and all nervous in front of her okay. it just.. because you know.. I never see all of this coming and seeing momo suddenly came is just shocking. Moreover, throughout the ride from the bingsu store to sana’s house, I kinda ‘debating’ with sana in text about momo.

She said that the fact that Jeongnam asked momo to pick me up, it means Jeongnam trust Momo and it’s like a green light sign for me to date her. But again I told her that no matter if jeongnam trust her or not, the problem is Momo only thinks me as her friend. like momo said earlier, she came to pick me because jeongnam is busy and she’s the only one who wasn’t so.. she has no choice other than pick me right? it’s nothing special.

Forget about the debate between me and Sana.. now we’re on our way home but you know what’s weird? The car is too silence. Well yes both momo and I aren’t a really talkactive person, not like sana. But usually we always share few talks or such not like this.. complete silence. there isn’t any music to fill the car. Somehow this feels.. awkward? Okay I need to melt this atmosphere..

 

“H-how’s the meeting?” I asked, without even looking at her.

 “Quite busy. We’re discussing on our plans for this semester. Competitions, festival, and even small gigs or busking in road.”

“wow there’s a lot to discuss.”

“Yup. And that’s why your protective sister send me here.” See.. it’s not her own will..

“Sorry you have to do such thing.”

 

Again.. Momo suddenly turned silent. She didn’t give any responds to my apology and she just drive the car with a really serious face. wait.. does she mad? But wasn’t she looked fine about this? why suddenly she act like this?

 

“Momorin?”

“Sorry isn’t enough you know..” oh no.. she’s mad..

”This is really burdening you know. I was doing my assignment in the middle of the group discussion and then suddenly I have to go to Myeongdong.” Said momo, still with her serious face.

“Driving from your house to Myeongdong, to sana’s house, and then went back to your house. it’s reeeeaally burdensome. You know how tiring it is? huh?” and now she started complaining and the way she said it, it’s like she blame me for this? I don’t understand but this supposed to be Jeongnam’s fault not mine.. what’s wrong with her..

“W-well I’m really sorry about it. but.. aren’t you supposed to be mad at jeongnam? She the one who asked you to pick me up. Besides, I already decline Jeongnam’s offer yet she’s the one who stubbornly wanted to pick me up. So.. don’t blame me for this..”

“Jeongnam is your sister, so you also have to repay this.”

 

I really dislike this accusation but.. I’ll just follow whatever she want. Making her mad is really something that I don’t want to so yea.. I just let out a sigh and gave up.

 

“Fine.. what should I do to repay it?”

“Buy me bungeoppang. both custard and red bean bungeoppang.”

 

You know what? after she said that, I didn’t say anything not even a single letter and just gave momo a stare. Completely disbelief with her antics.

 

“Wae? Why you give me that kind of stare? You don’t want to do it?”

“You can just tell me that you want to eat bungeoppang.. no need to create this drama..”

Then there comes her goofy grin. God.. I was scared to death that I made her angry or something and apparently she just pretend to be angry so she can got a free bungeoppang from me. she’s lucky that she’s my friend and I also love her. if it’s not.. well I won’t do anything after all hahaha..

 

“So you’ll buy me some?” Asked momo

“Yes.. but next time don’t do this kind of thing.. I thought you really mad at me.”

“ei~ I would never mad at you.” the way she said it with a really light and playful tone, made me let out a small smile. Not to sound so head over heels but.. she’s cute.

The car suddenly stopped due to red light, and then Momo said, “Rather than mad, I’m happy to do this.” After she said that, I looked at her, who actually looked at me too with.. oh god.. with such a warm smile and after that she said,

“Because I can spend time with you. so.. I’m happy.”

 

Thank god the red light kinda illuminated my face or else, she will see how red my face right now.. Gosh.. Hirai momo and her amazing charm.. how can I not fall for her?

okay mina, calm down. she meant it just friend to friend.. not more. no need to freak out and no need to overthink this.


Myoui House

Finally we arrived at my house and once we went inside, I could hear voices from the living room. probably the sixteen members still discussing about their plans. Both momo and I then walked towards it while holding few things on our hands. I’m holding things I bought earlier with sana and Momo is holding two vinyl of bungeoppang in her hands. Well we decided to buy not just for momo, but also for the others since they might get angry because we’re taking our time too long. especially jeongnam..

 

 “I’m home..”

“Welcome home mina”

“Welcome home eonni~”

“And we bought bungeoppang~” After momo said that, the whole member cheered happily and ran towards us to grab the fish shape cake. They then took it to kitchen.

“What take you so long?” asked Jeongnam

“Traffic and.. bungeoppang?” said momo

“No need to scold her jeongnam.. she’s really helpful. Thanked her.” I said

“Yea jeongnam. Listen to her.”

“Fine.. thank you momo.” Momo let out a smile and then she joined the others to grab some of the cake. Gee.. she already ate 4 tho.. haha

 

“You bought many things.. I assumed you having a good time earlier?” asked Jeongnam after seeing few paper bags on my grip.

“Yes of course.. although I’m quite tired on keeping up with Sana’s enthusiasm.”

“Yea.. I know. that girl is really a tiresome. But I’m glad you’re having fun.”

“I’m going to my room okay? and please make sure to clean the mess. Sharon won’t like it if she come home and saw the mess.”

“sure..”

 

I walked toward the stair, but then Jeongnam suddenly called me. “A-aren’t you forgetting something?”

But instead of answered her, I just gave her a confused look because I don’t really remember anything.. “Well.. eum.. Sana text me and she said you have a gift for me? But.. it’s okay if you don’t have it. Maybe she just talked something nonsense like usual..”

 

Aaah… now I get it. sana’s gift huh? after that I walked toward Jeongnam and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

 

“What with the sudden kiss?” she asked

“It’s Sana’s gratitude gift for you, for being thoughtful.”

 “D-damn.. Thank god you’re the one who give it to me.. that girl is really weird.”

 

After that jeongnam joined the rest of the member in the kitchen to grab her bungeoppang. But I swear although she looked like she hates it, but I can see a small smile that she tried to hide. Jeonganm is indeed a tsundere girl.. haha…

When I walked up to my room, I suddenly felt a buzz on my phone and when I check it, now it’s my time to let out a smile.

 

Message from Momorin:

Thank you for the delicious bungeoppang~

Rest well and good night mitan~ ^^

 

What a day.. what a day..



Author’s note:

Hi guys! I’m sorry for the really really late update hahaha.. to be honest I kinda lack of inspiration although I already set up the main line for how the relationship will become.. but yea.. haha.. it’s hard ^-^"

To be honest I don’t know if this story is good or not, or should I quickly end it or not.. but if you guys enjoy it then I’ll continue this and work hard to end it beautifully.

Well.. Please don't forget to leave your thoughts on the comment bar, upvote if you like it, and subscribe if you want to know what happened next (spoiler: a jeongnamXsana will appear next)

Thank you for reading and.. love you guys ^^






kamsahamnida