Chapter 13: Think Less, Do More

Take Myoui Heart

Myoui Household

Just before Jeongnam about to go towards the front door and went out, Momo halted her... saying that she had something to talk with her.

 

“Uh jeongnam... can you wait for a bit? Actually... there’s something I would like to talk to you.”

“Are you gonna tease me again?” Momo let out a laugh

“No... I’m not... I promise.”

“Well... okay... I had few minutes...”

 

Momo was silence for few moment... thinking which topic should she brought up first because actually... there’s two things that she wanted to talk about. first, it’s about Sana and second it’s about mina...

 

About Sana, she wanted to know how Jeongnam actually feels towards her. Maybe things were just starting towards that direction for both of them, but Momo only knew the progress from Sana’s side. She wanted to know what Jeongnam feels so maybe it could make her easier to help smoother their progress... Well... the smoother they go, the faster Mina and her could be together, right?

Not fully a good intention but hey! If everyone win, then why not.

 

And about Mina… She wanted to know why Jeongnam being so over protective on her and maybe thru the process she would either try to convince Jeongnam to let loose a bit or maybe if things went way smoother than she imagine, she would tell Jeongnam the whole truth about her and Mina. Well yes she promised to mina earlier that she won’t say anything yet to Jeongnam... But her excitement after what happened yesterday, and how mina adorably reacted upon it... She just couldn’t help but fight for it...

But what made her hesitated and troubled on choosing which topic she should talk first was because, in Sana’s matter… she was a bit scared that Jeongnam would totally close the conversation. Yes, she and Jeongnam are friends and knew each other for a long time. But they rarely talk about personal things or something related to this... not to mention Momo is Sana’s friend so probably the close-off Jeongnam found it awkward if she talks about it with her...

For topic about mina... isn’t it obvious? The thought of things went south, Jeongnam being over-alert and being all scary and intimidating are the most terrifying thing that made momo reluctant on starting that topic first. Not to mention the chances where they might had arguments and ended fight are actually does exist.

 

“Hello? Momo?? I indeed said I have few mintues, but not forever…” Said Jeongnam as she tired of waiting Momo’s dozing off

“Ah right! sorry... I kinda dozed off a bit...”

“Classic Momo... So? What are you want to talk about?”

“Mmm... There are two things actually... One is about Sana, and one about Mina.”

“Mina??” Jeongnam stance, face, intonation, everything went stoic and stern when she heard Momo wanted to talk about Mina. Like she’s activating her ‘Protective Sister’ mode right away.

“Something wrong with her? or is there anything you want to say about her?” With such intense pressure and the thought of things might went to rocky ways, Momo chose to divert the conversation and chose to talk about the first option

“O-on second of thought let’s just talk about Sana first. Shall we?”

“Why don’t we talk about Mina first?”

“I-it’s not as important as Sana though...”

 

A few intimidating and tense pause occurred after that and Momo internally prayed that Jeongnam would let it slide.

 

“Fine.”

 

Momo need to dim down her nervousness after that short eerie moment. Momo knew and she also predict that sort of outcome would happen... But she still ain’t ready yet to bravely and confidently ‘fight’ it.

 

“So... about Sana...” Momo paused a bit, trying to calm herself then asked, “what do you think about her?” On the other hand, Jeongnam still had same reaction—not liking the question.

“I swear to god, Momo. You sa—“

“I’m not going to tease you...”

 

Although Momo had smile on her face when she said that, Jeongnam could see that she meant the conversation to be more towards serious way... and it confirmed with what Momo said after that,

 

 “I know we rarely talk about something like this... Not to mention I’m Sana’s friend too... you probably feel awkward talking about her with me. But all this time I only know things between you two from Sana’s perspective. And since I’m also your friend, I want to know things from your perspective too...”

“what? are you going to give me love advice or something?” asked Jeongnam half laughing.

“So, love does exist huh?” asked Momo with a smirk

“SEE! You just want to tease me.”

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I can’t hold myself earlier. but really Jeongnam... I just want to know and maybe I could help?”

 

 

Seeing no harm with Momo’s intention, Jeongnam then tried to be slightly open up about it with Momo.

 

“Well... she is—Wait. You’re going to keep this for yourself, right?”

“Of course! I promise I won’t tell this to anyone. not to the whole band, not to Jihyo, not to nayeon eonni, not to Sana or even Mina.”

“You forgot the old hag...”

“mmm...Who?”

Jeongnam rolled her eyes, like she didn’t want to say the name “Sharon...”

“oh right! Yes I won’t tell sharon too! I won’t tell anyone! promise to keep it for myself.”

 

There were a short moment of silence after that. Knowing Jeongnam is the type who isn’t good with words and expressing her feelings, Momo chose to patiently wait…

 

“Well uh... how do I say this… Sana is too affectionate... she is too clingy and too forward? I don’t know that’s the right word or not...Maybe intense? I guess that is the right word.... Anyway, none of my close friends or someone that I knew ever acted like that... So I kinda need some adaptation and you can say I’m a bit overwhelmed by her but...”

“But….?”

“At first, her intensity was overwhelming for me in bad meaning... You know, like it annoys me? Especially because she often did it in public so freely... but these days... especially after... you know... that thing...”

“that thing? oh! after you ki—“

“SHUSH!” Momo was surprised when Jeongnam rose her voice to interrupt her words, “Don’t you dare say that word out loud.”

“What? ki—“

“SHUUSH!!! Zip it, okay?” And momo gave a vigorous nod as affirmation

“s-sorry... please proceed.” Said Momo

 

“As I was saying, after that thing happened... I kinda felt... Fine with it? like Sana’s intensity is still indeed overwhelming but in a good way and i—ugh. please I beg you don’t tell this to anyone…. I’m sometimes... looking forward to it...”

“So… she kinda ‘grew’ on you?”

“That sounds weird but... yes, I guess?”

 

Hearing Jeongnam’s word made Momo confused...

 

“Wait, hold on... Sana told me that you need time to figure out about your feelings? Is it right?”

“true.”

“What actually you’re trying to figure out though? I mean, it seems like you’re fine with Sana’s way of showing her feelings and you also said that you’re looking forward to it... For me, you have feelings for her? What else you’re trying to figure out?”

“Feelings have tons of form, Momo. and I need to figure out whether my feelings is at least at the same wavelength as hers.”

“and... what exactly your feelings are?”

 

Momo’s question made Jeongnam a bit flustered. Few times opened and closed like she was trying to say something but pulled it back right away... But in the end, she chose not to say it.

 

“I can’t tell you that... sorry.”

“Ei… You don’t have to apologize for that... I understand...”

“Thank you... so uh... any advice?”

“Oh you want my advice?”

“Why not? I mean... you have more experience in this matter than me... so... yeah.”

 

The thought of her giving advice to Jeongnam, the person who usually the one who lecture Momo the most, kinda boosted up Momo’s pride a bit and she act a bit cocky upon it

 

“So. Ekhm... as your SUNBAE(senior/someone with more experience).” Jeongnam rolled her eyes while scoffed after hearing Momo acting all cocky while addressing herself like that

“My advice to you, if you’re confuse or not sure about your feelings... You should try to follow where the feelings led you to. kept encountering all moments that could trigger those kind of feelings erupted and from there, you can communicate it with sana.”

“Like... what?”

“Mmm... let’s just say if you felt nervous when Sana clings on you, instead of fighting it or run from it, you can try to accept it and see how your heart reacts. Did it feel uncomfortable, or maybe it kinda like it... something like that.”

 

Jeongnam tried to memorize and also analyze Momo’s words. Maybe that way could help her figure things way easily... all this time she always tried to refuse and avoid the situations... But Sana’s clinginess wasn’t her actual problem... The feelings of always wanting to touch her, hold her, and… kiss her... if Jeongnam kept doing those kinds of things just to help herself figured her feelings... it seems... awful...

 

“But... what if—“

“A-a-a-a! Stop right there... You, need to stop using the what if too. you and Mina share same traits… over-analyzing things. it’s good if you being cautious with each step you’re taking... but being too cautious and ended up not doing anything is bad too.”

“Well you had a point there...” said Jeongnam and that bought proud smile on Momo.

“Get to know her more could also be a way to figure whether you have feelings for her or not. or maybe you can even fell for her deeper. Who knows.”

“Actually, both me and her kinda agreed that we’re trying to get to know each other more in order to dig more about my feelings...”

“Great! start from there and do it! take her on a date! Or maybe you can sleepov—“

“Sleepover??”

“Yeap! With sleepover you guys can have as much time as you can with the two of you... get to know each other, understand each other... you can also figure whether you’re comfortable with her or not... And maybe try to bound with a heart-to-heart conversation? worth to try right?”

“I’m... not really good with heart-to-heart thing but I guess.... it worth to try...” Said Jeongnam with her bashful gesture and then she added, “thank you...”

“You’re very welcome!” Said Momo with such bright smile, feeling proud for doing a wonderful job as wing-women.

 

Although Momo didn’t actually get the whole information about Jeongnam’s thought on Sana, she got a little bit the gist of it and felt that things might go well for them.

 

“Okay now we’re done with Sana. Let’s move on to Mina.”

“Hm? Mina?” Asked Momo in confusion.

“You said you wanted to talk about her.” and that caught momo off guard

“A-ah! right! yes... I almost forgot about that... ha ha ha......“

 

If earlier Jeongnam shown shy gesture, now... she was totally different. her eyes locked on Momo. face went back to stern mode.

 

“G-gosh... C-chill... why you have to stare at me like that.” asked the intimidated Momo

“So? mind to spill it now?

“well uh... Mina is fine... it just... I was wondering if... well uh...”

 

Momo paused as she internally battled whether she should proceed the talk or chose to abort her mission. But, due to her taking too much time, a sigh came out from Jeongnam and she said,

 

“As much as I appreciate you for waiting me speak up earlier, I can’t do it now since I have class to attend. Can you speed up please?”

“Oh yeah... sorry... it’s... actually not really that important though...”

“Just say it, Momo.”

“mm... I uh...  well... uh….”

 

Jeongnam waited for Momo with her arm crossed, finger tapping impatiently, and strong gaze straight to momo. So yes. those scary pose, forced Momo to abort her mission.

 

“I just… wondering…. If…. she is fine with tom yam soup... Yeah that.”

 

“Wow momo. wow,” momo thought.

 

“Tom yam…soup? Out of the sudden?”

“W-well... s-since Mina wasn’t in great mood, I was thinking of lift back up her mood with food. And since I’ve been wanting it, i... wonder if she want it too.”

 

Jeongnam frowned at Momo and that few second felt like hours for Momo. very nerve-wrecking moment and Momo internally begged that Jeongnanm would buy her excuses.

 

“Mina isn’t a big fan of spicy food... though. Better order anything else.”

“Ah right!! how could I forgot about it! ahahaha! okay! I’ll try to find anything else for her to eat then.”

“O...kay...” a tiny bit of confusion still lingered in Jeongnam but since she in hurry, she shrugged it off

“Anyway. I’m gonna be late. Take care of her okay. bye”

“Byee!!”

 

*BAM*

 

“THAT WAS SO SCARY!!”

 

Momo did imagine it could be intimidating but she didn’t know it’ll be THAT intimidating...

Due to her current situation with mina... where both of them already so in love with each other, shared kiss—or kisses actually... made Momo want to keep up their pace. Yes she told me she won’t say anything yet to Jeongnam... and yes she also told Mina that she’ll wait for the right time. But... She felt that if she just wait for the right time, it would take forever... and... Momo isn’t gifted with patient to start with... Not like Mina. So unless she did something, things will just walk in circle.

But after earlier encounter... Momo thought that maybe another reason why Mina hasn’t try to tell anything to Jeongnam was because she still not brave or confident enough to overcome Jeongnam’s intimidating aura... Well... Mina is way more timid than her so... if Momo alrady freaked out... She can’t imagine how Mina would feel.

 

“Jeongnam is the final boss... might deal with her later after I’m confident and brave enough...  Maybe… I should talk to Sharon first? Mina said she’s more reasona—“

“Momorin...?”

 

Momo’s head spun so fast when she heard such sleepy and tired tiny voice called her from the stair’s direction. There stood Mina, rubbing her not fully opened eyes and she still looked so tired.

“Oh my... Mitang! why are you awake?” Momo then rushed towards her and once she was in front of her, she asked

“Bad dreams?” Mina sleepily shook her head and said,

“Didn’t feel you near me…”

 

Mina said it in the most adorable way and Momo needed to collect all her strength, preventing herself for smiling too wide.

 

“I’m sorry... Jeongnam was still here earlier... I need to go downstairs first so she won’t got suspicious.” Then suddenly Mina went down one staircase—same as Momo, and lethargically slumped her head on Momo’s shoulder

“M-mitang? Are you okay?” Mina then circled her arm on Momo’s neck and said,

“Sleep with me…”

 

*THUMP* *THUMP*

 

“N-ne?”

“Let’s sleep together... I need you beside me...” mumbled mina

 

“CALM DOWN MOMO! it’s not like what you think!!! wash out the dirty thoughts wash out the dirty thoughts!!!” said momo in her thought

 

Seeing no responds from Momo, Mina averted from the hug a bit and asked, “you don’t want to?”

The way Mina asked with such baby attitude—frowning and pouting, made Momo panic and she tried to clear the misunderstanding.

 

“N-no! no! Of course, I want to! I love to! there’s no way I decline that. C-come on!! let’s go back to your room and have a nice sleep!”

 

Then they side by side walked towards Mina’s room and continue to sleep.

>><<

Few hours after that

Through the day, her conversation with momo kept roaming inside Jeongnam’s head. Talking to someone as simple headed as Momo, was actually refreshing for a thinker like Jeongnam. You can say that by being a thinker, Jeongnam tends to overanalyze things and well... make things more complicated than it supposed to be...

Basically, what Jeongnam got from her talk with momo was, no matter what kind of feeling Jeongnam have towards Sana... all she had to do is face it. figure it by interacting with Sana. Do more, think less. Quite opposite with what jeongnam usual life virtue... but Sana wasn’t her typical kind of person to begin with... so maybe she needs to do unusual and out of comfort zone approach...

Yet here she is... Sitting on her bike, contemplating whether she should call sana and ask her to hang out or not. her doubts? Many.

First, she didn’t want to look clingy or too demanding because they just hangout yesterday or in Sana’s wording... date. So, if she asked her to do it again now, Sana might see her as... clingy. Who knows…

Second, assumed that Sana is willing to hang out with her... then what should she say? okay yes, yesterday they had tons of time talking. But Sana was mainly the one who carried out the conversation... not her. If she really want to get to know her, get close to her... she needs to find a way to start that kind of topic without sounding so… basic?

Third, Sana might be busy. Fourth, Sana probably already has plan with her friends. fifth, Sana might just not in the mo—

 

*BUZZZ* *BUZZ*

 

“OH FUC—“

 

The sudden buzz made Jeongnam nearly slipped down her phone but thankfully she managed to grab it. eventhough she had to jump off her bike.

 

“H-ha... I mean... hello?”

“Jeongnam-aaah!!” Loud and overexcited greetings? Yes, it’s Sana. There was a bit of rise in Jeongnam’s heartbeat but she blamed it on the sudden call.

“What’s with the excitement... winning something?”

“Nope. Just happy to call you and hear your voice.”

 “G-gee... dim down your excitement. it’s just me you’re calling...”

“Hey... it’s not just you. But It’s YOU!”

“And what that’s supposed to mea—any way... uh... why are you calling?”

“I miss you.”

 

“Damn Sana and her words..” Jeongnam thought.

 

Without Jeongnam realized, her vacant hand playing with the zipper on her jacket... up, and down... slowly. But... Sana could hear it faintly

 

“Wasn’t we just met yesterday?”

“So what? that doesn’t mean I can’t miss you.”

“Don’t you have anything to do rather than you know... missing me or something like that.”

“Well... earlier I’m busy with class and now I just finished my dance practice at the campus hall... So now I’m back with missing you.”

 

Somehow... when sana said dance, the scene when Sana performed with her dance crew—which she saw often since she went there to see Mina, appeared on her head. Sana’s move, Sana’s expression, Sana’s figure…... and... well... it made Jeongnam gulped nervously.

 

“Jeongnam? you still there?”

“Wha—uh... yes I’m still here...”

“Aah... I thought the connection was cut off…”

 

Again... silence. at least from jeongnam’s perspective. Sana still could her the zipper sounds and the thought that Jeongnam probably felt nervous right now came across her mind... But she needs to pretend that she didn’t hear it otherwise... Jeongnam might cut her call and being all cold—hiding her feelings.

 

“Hey Sana.”

“Yes?”

“You said you just finished practice. Do you want me to accompany you to grab some food?”

 

A short pause happened after that question and it actually made Jeongnam way more nervous than before

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t follow… what did you say?”

Jeongnam let out a sigh first, a bit burden to say it one more time but she still said it anyway, “Do you want me to accompany you to grab some food?”

“You want to accompany me?”

“Well... Do you?”

 

There she goes... Jeongnam and her tsundere side. Rounding and playing with the words’ perspective so it won’t sounds like what she actually meant. Well... old habit won’t die fast right?

And Sana let out a breathy scoff after hearing Jeongnam’s answer. knowing exactly what Jeongnam actually meant...

 

 “Jeongnam... Just say that you want to hang out with me... no need to phrase it that way.” Judging by her voice.it seems like Sana was smiling when she said that...

“I... don’t. But who knows... maybe. You’re hungry after all those practice and stuff yet mina and momo weren’t around... And you said you missed me. so... yeah”

 

nervousness and shyness were evident in her tone which Sana found it adorable. Who would even imagine that the infamous Sixteen’s Coolest Bassist is actually an awkward bashful fluff. So instead of annoyed or pushed her to spill her real intentions, Sana chose to play along with Jeongnam’s wording.

 

“Well then... Could you accompany me to grab something to eat, Jeongnam?”

“Sure... I’m already in parking lot. With my bike... want me to go there to fetch you?”

“No no... no need. I’ll go to you...”

“Okay... cool... See y—”

 “Hey, Jeongnam...” Sana called her name one more time and quickly yelled,

“You’re so cute!!”

 

Jeongnam started to questioning herself after hearing sana saying that... not to mention that Sana immediately cut off the phone before Jeongnam could even say anything... Somehow... with the way sana acted, it felt like Jeongnam had made a fool of herself or something...

 “Did i... just do something embarrassing? No, right?”

><

It took Jeongnam few Minutes before she could see a very joyful blonde girl running towards her while waving her hand in a big motion. The girl was exponentially bright not just because her hair, or her white loose blouse... but her smile. definitely the smile that could beat the spring sun’s rays.

Although… yeah. Jeongnam need to handle with the secondhand embarrassment due to the girl yelling her name out loud.

 

“Okay jeongnam. don’t run from it. encounter it. face it. that’s the only thing that could solve everything.”

 

And once the girl arrived in front of Jeongnam, she hugged her right away

 

“I missed you!”

“Yeah I know. You said that already, Sana.”

 

Sana looked up to Jeongnam’s face, who apparently tilted her face abit away from Sana’s. But it wasn’t annoyance the girl’s face was showing...not like her words. Sana could see a tint of blush on Jeongnam’s face and that made her smile in giddy. Plus... Jeongnam wore the body mist she gave so it doubles the happiness.

 

 “How was your day?” asked Sana, still hugging her.

“Nothing particular... same as usual... you?”

“A bit sleepy and tired but It’ll be good now. Hey I’m kinda thirsty right now after practicing... can we go to Soul first?”

“Sure. But first, let go your hug.”

“A little bit more?”

“Come on... You’re going to hug me for the entire ride anyway...”

“Ah... Right! I love motorbike!!!”

 

They broke the hug and then Jeongnam took her motorbike key to open the seat—where second helmet located in. But before she gave the helmet to Sana, she realized something... Sana’s clothes were way to thin.

 

“Do you bring any jacket?” asked Jeongnam

“Nope. why?”

“Your clothes are too thin...”

“It’s fine! don’t worry about it.”

“You sure?”

“Mhm! Then what? are you gonna give me your hoodie and leave you drive only with bra? I know you usually don’t wear any undershirt before your hoodie...”

Jeongnam looked shocked after Sana said that. “How do you—did Mina told you that??” Sana nods her head

“I’ll be fine... Besides! Like you said earlier, I’ll be hugging you for the entire ride so.. the wind won’t bother me.”

 

Jeongnam didn’t say a thing after that. she just gave Sana the spare helmet and also wore hers. Before she started the engine, Jeongnam closed the seat first and the most important thing, checking on Sana whether she was done with the preparation or not. And like what she expected... the girl struggled with the helmet clip. With a quick motion, Jeongnam solved Sana’s struggle and she was done with her preparation.

 

Just before they about to go, Jeongnam suddenly dropped a surprise bomb that Sana failed to prepare.

 

“Ready for an afterschool date?”

“Yes I—wait what? D-date?”

“Mhm. Date.”

 

Sana... couldn’t say a thing now. she was completely caught off guard and yes of course it made her blush hard. again, she might be all flirty and could threw sweet talks easily. But a spontaneous one that she didn’t predict would happen like this? sometimes a confidence person like her could be shy too.

Seeing Sana just stood still, didn’t say a word, made Jeongnam wanted to draw her attention back. So, instead of calling her name, she chose to,

“Beep beep.”

Jeongnam slightly tapped the tip of Sana’s nose twice, and made that tiny sound.

 

Yes it drew back Sana’s attention... but it also made Sana’s circuit blown—which shown by the thick blush around her face. The rare sight made the infamous cool Jeongnam, let out a laugh upon the expression that sana shown while sayin,

 “And now you’re blushing?”

“O-of course I’ll blush... never expect you to say or do anything like that...” and Sana’s pout made Jeongnam slightly smiled.

“Come on. Hop on.”

“Eun…”

 

“God... Myoui Jeongnam and her unexpected turn...”


Minatozaki Household

Their date to Soul Café actually just happened for few minutes... not that long. As soon as they arrived, their plan on having the drinks dine in, changed to take away right after Jeongnam saw her sister occupied one of the vacant seats in the café. Apparently, a short info from Jihyo, Sharon wanted to hang out with jihyo but since Jihyo had extra shift after her class finished, they couldn’t hang out and then somehow Sharon chose to stay at the café... presumably until Jihyo ended her shift.

Anyway, although Sharon didn’t see them since she was too busy on the phone—dealing with work stuff, but Jeongnam still insist on going somewhere else. So, since Sana a little bit too exhausted from her practice, they chose her home as their date location.

Currently Jeongnam was waiting alone in the living room, sat alone in awkward silence while Sana took shower.

It’s not the first time Jeongnam came here. but it’s not that plenty too so although Sana told her to make herself at home, she couldn’t. the most thing she could do was laying her back fully to the couch. That’s it. she didn’t dare to fold her leg up on the couch, nor even dare to turn on the TV, nor even grab a piece of chicken—they bought it from the store near Soul Café, she didn’t even dare to walk around the house although she was quite curious with few pictures around. but all she did is wait... wait until Sana finished her shower.

wasting time is Jeongnam’s forte. All she needs to do is just grab her phone and play. Even now things got way easier after Sharon gave her switch. Yes, she’s on her switch right now. Once she is into her game, then time could fly away without she even noticed. But as soon as she heard Sana’s voice, her focus started to divide. It’s been almost an hour for her to wait in Sana’s living room on her own. But it was bare-able and she didn’t even realize it all thanks to her switch.

 

“Haa~ soo refreshing~” Said Sana came back after her long shower and she added along the way, “I’m sorry I took my time... need to dry my hair first...”

 

Jeongnam could hear steps coming closer and closer until finally a powerful scent of shampoo and soap hit her and yes... Sana behind her now.

 

“Yaah... when I told you to make yourself at home, doesn’t mean you just play game and not eating... why you didn’t even touch the chicken?” and now Sana sat beside her, pouting. Jeongnam eyes still on her switch but just by the voice, she knew Sana is pouting.

“Well... The host of the house still hasn’t grabbed a bite so... I’m waiting.”

“Oh come on… No need to be that polite... really. You can do whatever you want here... except barge into my father’s room of course... oh right! Wanna change into something a bit comfy? I’ll grab something real quick.”

 

Sana didn’t even let Jeongnam say a word and blasted off. Since Sana already back, or at least she’ll be back soon, Jeongnam decided to drop her game and waited.

 

“Here.” Suddenly there’s a t-shirt and short on her sight.

“For what?”

“You looked hot with that hoodie. By hot I mean literally hot... not a praise. Although yes you look hot. But anyway, I just want you to feel comfortable like me too.”

“You... don’t mind if I wear yours?”

“Honestly, I prefer you just take off your hoodie so I can s—” without Sana need to finish her words, Jeongnam already snatched those clothes and went to bathroom and changed.

><

Jeongnam and Sana now already in their most comfortable stance. Wearing comfortable clothes, sitting in comfortable couch and eating fried chicken with each got a very comfortable company. The conversation at first just ran with Sana talking about her day and Jeongnam listened. How she complained about her first class being so boring and sleepy, how she told her how funny it was to see mina tried her best to keep her eyes opened which ended up failed... how she trained for two hours all by herself just because she didn’t want feel rusty since the crew had a short break due to Mina’s activity... Jeongnam listened everything and despite Sana the one who manly talks, the latter didn’t mind a bit. She just happy that Jeongnam was her to listen to everything she rambling about...

But then the mood suddenly shifted when Sana noticed a black thread on Jeongnam’s neck.

 

“Did you buy new neckless? I rarely saw you wear one.”

“Neckless? Oh this?” Jeongnam pulled out the neckless that turns out to have a ring hung on it. “This ring is birthday present from Mina. It’s a matching ring for the three of us and look here, there’s our family name and my initial.”

 

Sana who was curious with the ring, sat closer to Jeongnam and looked at it amusingly.

 

“Whoa! This looks so pretty.. and look quite expensive too.. But why you make it as neckless though?”

“I don’t wear accessories that much especially ring so I think made it as neckless would be better. Besides, my friends won’t teased me for wearing it if I kept it hidden under my clothes.”

“as expected from Tsundere Jeongnam~”

 

Sana still engrossed on observing the myoui triplet’s ring. Meanwhile Jeongnam who was being pulled due to her neckless tried her best to compose herself. Their distance is dangerous. Jeongnam could see every detail of Sana’s face and somehow, her eyes darted to her lips..

 

“Does her lips default mode is pouty or something?”

 

“But Mina knew thi—j..Jeongnam?” when Sana looked up, she met with Jeongnam’s face that dangerously near her.

“Hm?” Jeongnam only hummed, eyes still on Sana’s lips.

 

Once again, Sana witnessed the changed in Jeongnam’s eyes. She remembered clearly what happened after Jeongnam stared her with those kind of eyes… eyes that kept aiming her lips, eyes that looked like she wanted something. Since Sana was a bit nervous… she unknowingly her lips which unfortunately that gesture brought back Jeongnam’s conscious.

 

“Oh .. sorry.” Said Jeongnam as she moved few steps away from Sana.

 

“she hesitated again.. guess we can’t proceed to that stage again..” said sana internally.

 

Although the mood was currently in awkward stage, due to the mention of Mina’s name made Sana remembered about her promise to Mina. So sana chose to shift the mood into... a bit heavier by trying to convince Jeongnam to loosen her guard on Mina. The main aim is of course convincing Jeongnam to let Mina date whoever she wants without Jeongnam had to intimidate Mina’s crush or in this case, Momo.

 

“Hey Jeongnam, talking about Mina… Are you still searching for her crush’s identity?”

“Yes. Although it’s already too late now, but at least I have to find that girl.”

“Wait… too late? What do you mean by too late?”

“that person isn’t Mina’s crush anymore. They’re already dating.”

“What?? No they haven’t... Mina and—I mean her crush, haven’t official yet.”

“Come on. No need to cover up for her like that... I once heard Mina saying the L word to someone.”

“L word? Lesbians?”

 

Jeongnam gave Sana a flat stare, like she was judging Sana’s poor answer. “Love, genius. Love.”

 

“oh… So... you overheard Mina saying ‘love you’ to someone?” and Jeongnam gave her a nod

“Well to tell you the truth. They’re not dating. I mean... I can say the L word to you yet we’re not dating right? Same thing happened with Mina’s case.” Hearing Sana’s word made Jeongnam gave her a skeptical look, didn’t believe what she was saying.

“I don’t believe you. You’re probably saying that to cover up for Mina.”

“No, Jeongnam. I’m telling you the truth! Besides, they won’t be together that quick. I think it’ll take time for them to be together... At least not until you and Sharon stop being overly nosy on Mina’s privacy.”

 

After Sana said that, she realized she chose the wrong wording and yes. Jeongnam looked unimpressed with it. Her face started frowning and her voice got lower and felt colder.

 

“Excuse me? Overly nosy? What the hell are you talking about??”

 

Sana let out a sigh... like she promised to Mina, she needs to be the cool headed one so she needs to calm herself first and didn’t get provoke by Jeongnam’s sharp and straightforward wordings.

 

“First of all... you need to calm down, Big Sister of the Year. I don’t mean any bad intention really. I just want to help. Both for you, and for Mina.” Sana ended her words by giving a slight pat on Jeongnam’s thigh and after seeing Jeongnam’s shoulder started to get less tense, she continued.

“I know the main reason why you and Sharon been trying so hard to find the identity of Mina’s crush is just to protect your little sister. I don’t have siblings and mina isn’t my sister... but I, do have protective feelings for her too. As her friend, I also want no harm for her. But could you put trust on your sister just for once... She is old enough to went through things. Let her be.”

“If I can prevent her getting hurt, I will, Sana. It’s better for her to be unfamiliar with heartbreak.”

“Yes, you are right... it’s better for her not to go through a heartbreak. But here’s the thing, Jeongnam. Sometimes your way of protecting Mina is... too much until the extent that you’re suffocating her, bind her and caging her... makes her can’t experience things that other people did.”

 

“I heard this tons of times from everyone... me being such overprotective sister to Mina. What’s wrong for being protective.”

“Protective is good. It means you care. But if it’s TOO protective... it isn’t good at all.”

“You’re exaggerating things. I’m not THAT protective.”

“Really? Not allowing mina to go anywhere alone nor ride public transportation, got suspicious every time mina met someone knew, got all cautious when you know someone trying to make a move on her, if mina said she wanted to meet someone you have to know who and why they had to meet, monitors Mina’s activity even though she already told you hers, didn’t allow her to go home la—”

“okay okay fine. Maybe I am a bit protective.” Sana gave Jeongnam a look and Jeongnam revised her words, “OVER-protective.”

 

“Truthfully, I can’t help it. When we were kids, there were plenty of times that Mina got bullied and treated badly by other people... all those things stuck in my head and I always wanted to protect her from any harm...”

“But... Don’t you feel that she become more confident, braver, and stronger each year? I know how shy and how low her self-esteem was at the time when we first met in junior high... But look at her... she could bravely participate in solo ballet competition, she now even joined a dance crew that most of the moves are strong and forced her to come out from her shell... she grown, Jeongnam... and you need to stop seeing her as the vulnerable and meek Mina.”

 

Sana’s words made Jeongnam thinking. She got a point. Mina is indeed improving especially with how she deals with public. She wasn’t as shy as she used to, she wasn’t as cautious as she used to... As her sister, Jeongnam of course noticed Mina’s the mental growth.

 

“Wait. This still not answered anything. How could you think that me being nosy and overprotective would prevent Mina and her crush to be together?”

“Tell me, Jeongnam. If you knew the identity of Mina’s crush, what would you do?”

“Talk to her, make sure that she loves Mina as much as I do, make sure she will protect mina, make sure she’ll be there for Mina and won’t ever hurt her... make sure that she knew she’ll be dead if she dares to hurt mina and just make sure she is the right person for mina.”

“Okay… now Jeongnam... what if, after you know the identity of the girl and apparently, she didn’t meet your expectation nor standards, what would you do?”

“of course, shoo her away? I don’t want Mina to be with that kind of person.”

“and that’s the explanation of my statement...”

 “what?”

“You being overprotective, made tons of standard and criteria just to make sure Mina got the most flawless girl ever and if the girl didn’t match one of the criteria, you’ll cross her out of the list since you thought one flaw could possibly harm Mina in the future. Mina knew this kind of thing might happened... you’ll confronted Mina’s crush, you asked her to stay away from Mina, she didn’t want and presumably a fight would erupt which mina hates. So… yeah. Until you put your trust on Mina to live her love life the way she wanted, the chances for her to be in relationship with her crush is far away ahead.”

 

Again, jeongnam stayed silence. Although she only stared at Sana, Jeongnam had a deep thought and processing each word that sana said.

 

“Listen, Jeongnam. people bound to get hurt... even if you tried your best to prevent Mina got hurt, she sometimes still could get into trouble, right? What I’m trying to say is, trust mina on choosing someone that she loves. If that person could make her happy, why not, right? And if Mina ended up getting hurt because of her, that’s the right time for you to help mina heal. Be there when she needs...”

“and besides… Mina is so supportive for our situations and as far as I know, she is also supports Sharon’s love life right? Why don’t you pay back the favor?”

 

 Maybe Sana was right, maybe she should put trust on mina more. Maybe she should let mina be with anyone she wants like how she did towards her and Sharon... But still, half of herself still couldn’t accept that. It kept telling Jeongnam to protect mina at all cost. Prevent mina to get hurt, prevent mina to be taken away.

 

“Did mina’s crush pay you or something? Why you seem to trust her so much?”

“Because I know how great that girl is and how kind she is. And believe me, the least thing that girl wanna do, is hurting Mina.”

 

Although it’s slightly gave a bit of assurance to Jeongnam, she still mentally noted that new information that Sana unknowingly spilled.

“So this girl is someone that close with Mina and Sana, and she is someone that Sana trust huh.”

 

“Wait... suddenly it crosses my mind...” sana paused a bit like she was organizing her words first... after that, she continued, “Is there any other reason behind why you being overprotective too Mina?”

“Like what?”

“Maybe…. You’re afraid of losing her?”

“Losing her?”

“Yeah.. if Mina is in relationship with someone, she probably will be busy with her and… maybe you don’t want that?

 

a short silence occurred after that but Jeongnam soon diverted her sight away from Sana and said,

 

“Pshh... Nonsense. That’s so childish. Why would I even feel that way... Lame... Can we drop this topic already?”

“Okay okay... I’m sorry I was just wondering... Anyway... how about we cool things down a bit with ice cream? I think I still have a tube in the fridge… Be right back!”

><

After a quite tense conversation earlier, Sana tried to cool things down with ice cream and again, accompanied by her tons of story about things that happened around her. Jeongnam didn’t know how Sana could do it, but her story and things she kept saying somehow could change the mood, made her forget that they were having an intense debate earlier.

But still... Jeongnam somehow feels sorry for her lack of contribution in any of their conversation... the least she did was giving some responds back to her and showed her that she was indeed paying attention to everything she said. Yet for her contribution on their two ways conversation, was only her being stern and hot temper through the conversation about Mina… and as time goes by, she felt sorry for that… So later on, after Sana came back from putting all the empty chicken box and empty ice cream tube, Jeongnam chose to start some light conversation by asking few things about Sana... or at least she tried to.

 

“Hey... Sana.” And Jeongnam got a hum and attentive look from Sana for calling her name.

“I... just wondering… um...”

 

Sana fixed her position to fully facing Jeongnam, waiting curiously for whatever the girl wanted to ask. Meanwhile... gears on Jeongnam’s head kept spinning, trying to look for the right question that didn’t sounds… Basic

 

But her brain betrayed her and she ended up asked, “What’s... your favorite color?”

“My... favorite color? Mm… I like pink.”

“Your favorite food?”

“Um... I don’t think I have one... I basically eat anything... oh! Maybe yogurt? Does it count as food though?”

“Your favorite season?”

“mmm... summe—wait. What’s with these sudden basic questions?”

“Well... we agreed on getting to know each other, right? But this whole time it seems like... you’re the only one who tried to do so and I also want to fix the weird tension we had due to the conversation about Mina’s crush.... Yet I don’t know how to start a conversation... hence all those basic questions...”

 

There was a short silence after Jeongnam said that and the quieter it went, the shyer Jeongnam got. And of course, her shy gesture made Sana let out a snort.

 

“It is not just basic... It’s really basic.” Said Sana followed by a laugh. And Jeongnam who’s not having it, threw a glare to Sana.

“well then, sorry for asking such basic question and being such a basic person.” Said Jeongnam as she diverted her sight away from Sana.

“Oh? Are you mad?”

“Psh please. No, I’m not.” Sana couldn’t hold her smile upon seeing how Jeongnam reacted and she said,

“You, grumpy fluff~ no need to be mad… I was just teasing you!” Sana pocked Jeongnam’s cheek and later she added, “being basic is fine and basic things are necessary.”

 

Jeongnam didn’t answer, since she was bothered by Sana’s close proximity and her constant pocking, she just moved herself to sit closer to the end of the couch and just looked at her front—ignoring Sana. Of course, this entertained Sana... a lot. With a big smile, Sana crawled towards Jeongnam and said,

 

“Jeoongnaaam~ aaaare~ youuuu~ sulkiiiiing??”

“Told you I’m not. what do you think I am? 5 years old?”

“No doubt! You’re definitely sulking~” said Sana. “sulky sulky sulky sulk—”

“god! Stop! I’m not sulking! I’m just—” Jeongnam was rising her voice a bit but her anger stopped once she saw the way Sana looked at her, smiling with lips pursed.

 

"Look at her lips.."

 

“you just?”

 

"For god sake, Jeongnam. Stop thinking about her lips!!

 

“I’m just..”

"Calm down Jeongnam.. just tell her the truth."

 

“I’m embarrassed for throwing such question and being teased.”

 

And with that, Sana tackled Jeongnam with hugs and squeezed their cheeks together as she squealed hard. “Kyaaa~ you’re so adorable!!!!” and after that she averted herself a bit and apologized,

“I’m really sorry for teasing you earlier... Forgive me, okay? Okay?”

 

*THUMP* *THUMP*

 

Jeongnam only stared at Sana, didn’t say a word or even gave any facial expression. The silence slowly dimmed down Sana’s bright smile and it turns out to be a sad pout. Somehow, she interpreted Jeongnam’s silence as annoyance which it made her thought that she went overboard with her tease and actually hurt Jeongnam’s feelings.

 

“Umm… Jeongnam-ah. I’m... really sorry... I guess I went overboard with the tease... please don’t mad at me…”

 

"Oh no i mad her sad."

 

The way Sana pleaded sadly, the way she pouts, the way her face really shown concerned and sadness...

Jeongnam didn’t know why, but her hand suddenly moved by itself and held Sana’s face. Lifted it up so she could look straight into her eyes.

 

“I’m not mad.” Said Jeongnam

“You’re not?” asked Sana, again... pout still there

 

"her pouty lips... god."

 

“Like I told you… I’m just embarrassed. That’s why I didn’t say a word and acted all grumpy. You know my bad habit right… So please… Don’t… gave such expression...” Without she even realized, Jeongnam’s thumb was slightly caressing Sana’s cheek that somehow went closer and closer to the tip of her lips

Feeling Jeongnam’s thumb near her lips made sana froze. Not to mention the way Jeongnam kept staring at her lips instead of looking at her eyes... this is definitely not the first time Sana encounter such moment with Jeongnam. even on their hangout slash date yesterday, this kind of moment also happened—jeongnam acting like she is about to kiss her.

 

But her senses came back to life after Jeongnam said something that Sana never imagine would come out from her.

 

“I... don’t know why but... i... don’t like seeing you sad. Being all pouty and stuff. So... don’t. “

“W-why?” hearing Sana asked that with such shaky voice, made Jeongnam moved her sight from Sana’s lips to her eyes. Just for few seconds.

“don’t know. Just... feels weird seeing you down. Like my chest... kinda hurt... a bit.”

“ah... oh... I uh… I see...”

 

“Eh? Wait... is she... blushing? why? Because o—“

 

“OH !”

 

As soon as she realized that she’s been holding Sana’s face and even their face had a very close proximity, jeongnam flew away from couch—landed herself on the floor.

 

“J-jeongnam?? are you okay??”

“Me? Y-yeah... good... I’m good. Don’t mind me... But I uh... sorry for... earlier. Y-you know... holding your face like that without permission.”

 

Silence… awkward silence to be exact. Both looked at different place and busy with their own thoughts. Sana was trying to compose herself, bring her usual playful and confident sides back. While Jeongnam once again cursing herself for listening to all those voices inside her head that kept luring her to kiss Sana.

 

“Jeongnam…”

“what?”

“If you want to…. You know.. Kiss me, you can do it.”

 

*THUMP* *THUMP*

“Oh god.. why are you doing this to me.”

 

“Wh-why do you say such thing... geez…”

“This is not the first time you nearly kissed me, Jeongnam. you wanted to kiss me the night you drove me back after your birthday party then on yesterday date but you flew away. And yesterday? I saw you were looking at my lips countless time and there were moments where you were too close to me and you nearly led your way to my lips but you hesitated. Then earlier when you showed me your neckless and now….”

 

Sana then moved herself down towards Jeongnam and sat in front of her. Then she asked,

 

“Why you hesitate?”

“There’s some feeling that makes me confuse and… I’m afraid that you’ll hate me if I did it..”

“You don’t know how frustrating it feels whenever you got so close and the next thing you do was flee away.”

 

This time, Sana was the one who copped Jeongnam’s face and then said, “Kiss me if you want to. You promised to say what you really feel right?”

“You… don’t mind?”

“I promised to help you figuring out your feelings. If this helped, I don’t mind Jeongnam and believe me, you won’t hurt me.”

 

“Think less, do more jeongnam. you won’t understand if you kept running from it.”

 

“Please push me away if I took things too far.” Said Jeongnam.

“I trust you.”

 

Jeongnam took her moment, gears once again busy working inside her brain. She was so afraid that her lust and desire would take over her consciousness and ended doing things she shouldn’t do. Then she also afraid that this will hurt Sana at the end. She didn’t know whether her feelings are sincere, whether her desire to kiss Sana was more than just a lust. She was so afraid that if it turns out to be just a mere hormonal lust, Sana would feel used and hate her.

But like what Momo advised her, she needs to encounter all those confusing feelings to figure out what kind of effect it gave to her heart. She need to stop worrying, stop thinking and just go with it.

 

But once Sana trying to close the gap, Jeongnam backed out by shifted her face towards her side—making Sana nearly kissed jeongnam’s cheek instead.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I can’t..”

 

A heavy sigh came out from Sana but from the peripheral of her sight, jeongnam could see that Sana gave a small smile.

 

“It’s fine… I understand. I’m sorry for pushing you...” and Sana walked back toward the couch and sat.

 

Guilt started roaming inside Jeongnam and she really hate herself. Especially when she could see the sadness and hurt picturized on Sana’s face.

 

“Hey, wanna watch movie?? Let’s see what I have here..” and the way Sana tried to act like nothing happened, trying to act like she was fine… made Jeongnam internally smack herself.

 

“God I’m such a wimp.”



AUTHOR NOTES:

I’M BACK!!!!!!!!

Hhahahah so many things happened in this chapter… and well I apologized for the ‘hesitated’ moment there HAHA I love playing with your feelings~
Things will get lighter for the next chapter. Won’t be as packed as this heheeh so please do wait for that too~ *or if you guys prefer something like this just let me know ^^

Okay! Like usual, please do leave your thoughts on the comment box, upvote if you like it and subscribe if you havent~ and share this story to with other people~
Love you guys!!




Kamsahamnida