Chapter 19: Difference

Take Myoui Heart

The Next Day at J University

It’s 20 minutes before class started and Jihyo already in class, reading today’s subject as she waited. Suddenly, she could hear faint noises erupted from outside her class that slightly disturbed her focus. It wasn’t really clear what the whole noises were all about but Jihyo then immediately got her answer from a couple of students who just walked towards her seat.

 

“Do you see Sharon in the lobby? Don’t you think she looks cooler than usual? Like her vibe kinda different.”

“Really? I think she is as hot as usual. Although her looks is a bit different than usual bu—"

 

Jihyo couldn’t hear the rest of the conversation since those students already passed her to take seat further at the back. Well, that short conversation made Jihyo frowned. No… not because of jealousy. But because the mentioned girl was supposed to be in bed, resting.

Earlier she got a text from Sharon, saying that she couldn’t attend today’s classes due to a mild fever. So that’s why when Jihyo overheard some of her classmate saying that they saw Sharon in the lobby, she wasn’t happy. More like she is pissed with her stubborn best friend.

 

“Good morning, Sharon-ssi.”

 

Once again Jihyo heard people mentioning Sharon’s name. Yet this time, she pulled her head away from her book to look towards the front door. And there was Sharon, looking a bit lost as she tried to find someone—which is definitely Jihyo. It took only few second for Sharon to notice Jihyo’s location, then the former quickly went inside the class and walked to Jihyo’s seat.

Jihyo was so ready to scold her stubborn best friend. Not to mention the girl was wearing such outfit—thin khaki green shirt with both sleeves rolled up until her elbow, and a knee-length black skirt— that shouldn’t be worn by someone who have a mild fever in the middle of a breezy spring.

But the closer Sharon got, the clearer Jihyo could she her and Jihyo’s frown immediately turned into a smile.

With the way the girl lowered her black cap as she entered the class, the way her body slightly slouched as she walked, and the way she completely ignored her surrounding, Jihyo knew that it’ll be no point for her to scold the girl. No, not because she was happy to see her. But because of something else.

 

Once Sharon sat on the vacant seat beside her, Jihyo immediately greeted her. “Good morning.”

“Good morning, my love.” That almost made Jihyo burst out her laugh. But she stayed calm.

“Fancy to see you here,” Jihyo leaned closer to Sharon’s ear and then whispered, “Jeongnam.”

The girl looked at Jihyo with a shocked yet offended expression, as she said “oh! Excuse me?? I am Sharon not Jeongnam.”

“Come on.. you can fool everyone but not me.”

The accused Jeongnam let out a sigh, “I can’t believe this. We’ve been friends since forever yet you still didn’t know me? I am Sharon, Jihyo…”

“No, you are not. Sharon is supposed to be sick.”

“I feel better.”

“wow. Already? It’s only been 10 minutes after you texted me that you were sick though.”

“Well, I was just messing with you earlier. I wanna see how much you care and love me.”

Jihyo scoffed and said, “yea yea. Whatever Jeongnam.”

 

Again Jihyo got another sigh, “What should I do to make you believe that I am Sharon?”

“Nothing. Because you are not her.”

“Okay… Here,” Jeongnam suddenly pulled Jihyo’s face closer to hers, “still going to say I’m Jeongnam now?”

 “yup. This just convinced me more that you’re not Sharon.”

The accused Jeongnam then pulled her hands away from Jihyo’s face and while folding her hands sulkily she asked, “and what makes you so sure about that, hm?”.

 

“Okay. First of all, Sharon doesn’t wear a cap. Plus, she has short black hair yet yours are brown and slightly longer than hers. Second, Sharon doesn’t have mole on her face, you have. Third, Sharon always greets back people, you didn’t. and lastly, Sharon always walks like she owns the place while you… You always walk like you don’t want to be in that place. So, still trying to fool me, Nam-ah?”

 

And with such detailed fact bomb given by Jihyo, the ‘Sharon’ couldn’t hold her act and decided to show her real identity. Since no one was near them, she revealed herself “Well, you got me. I’m Jeongnam.”

“Haha~ You can’t fool me.”

“How could I. It seems like you pay a lot of attention to all of her details, huh? Sharon’s best friend…”

“S-shut up…”Jihyo pushed Jeongnam a way, “It’s not like that…”

“Hmm…. Then?”

“Remember the time when we were kids, you and Sharon kept taking turns to pretend to be Mina just to give all her bullies a lesson?”

 

Jeongnam thought for few second—tried to remember it. “Was it during our 5th grade when Mina begged my parents to allow her being homeschooled?” and Jeongnam got a nod

“Oh yeah sure. I remember it very clearly. I will never forget how those kids’ mocked Mina for being less confident and less talkative than me and Sharon. But wait. Didn’t you get tricked by us too though?”

“Yes and that made Sharon sulked and mad at me when I couldn’t recognize her. Since then, I tried my best to remember everything about he—I mean all three of you..”

“I see…” Jeongnam said that with couple nods, acknowledging the reasoning. But that didn’t make her drop her teasing smirk.

“Whatever let’s stop talking about that… let’s talk about you. Why are you here now, pretending to be Sharon?”

 

That question, was meant to be a topic shifter. But turns out, that question shifted Jeongnam’s mood too. From being playful to be grumpy and tensed. Jeongnam even frowned and clicked her tongue as a sign of annoyance.

 

“Tsk. That stubborn masochist workaholic was about to force herself to go to school despite being sick.” Jeongnam then took off her cap and dropped it at the table angrily. “and her reason was just because she didn’t want to be absent... Such a nerd.”

“Ah…That’s why… Well, maybe she didn’t feel that sick if she still tried to force herself like that.”

“Her condition is awful. Her fever was high, she was pale and weak, had nosebleed once, and she even nearly fell off of the stairs if I wasn’t there to hold her.”

Jihyo gasped, “Oh god.. That bad?? she told me it was just a mild fever though.”

“Obviously she tried to hide it. Acting all tough is always her brand.”

“Well, older sister pride I guess..” Jeongnam rolled her eyes after Jihyo said that

“Psh. Stupidity that’s for sure.”

“But look at the bright side. She’ll pay you back, right? since you willing to do this for her.”

 

Once again Jeongnam’s mood changed. This time no more tense and annoyance. Jeongnam suddenly moved slightly away a bit from Jihyo and said,

“uh… no? she owes me nothing and its better that she didn’t even know this ever happened.”

“So, she… didn’t know you’re here? Wait… Aren’t you here because Sharon asked you to pretend to be her though?”

 

That question made Jeongnam’s hand crawled onto her neck—rubbing it nervously, diverting her eyes away from Jihyo and then said, “uh… N-No…kinda went here on impulse?”

 

Aw… look at you being such a sweet lil sis.. I bet Sharon would be—”

“No! Just keep this away from her and Mina too. don’t tell any of them about this.”

“But why? You’re helping Sharon. She’ll be delighted.”

“And that’s why I don’t want her to know. She will be annoying about it. Being all clingy with kisses, hugs and all those disgusting things.. While Mina definitely won’t stop teasing me for this. So please, don’t.”

“Oh why? A hug and kisses won’t hu—Wow calm down. I’m just joking.” Jihyo wanted to a bit, but had to stop after Jeongnam gave her a glare. “But just so you know, eventually… Sharon will know.”

“Yea whatever at least not immediate. Anyway, does Sharon still loves teacher’s attention? I’ll be in huge trouble if she still does.”

Jihyo let out a scoff and said, “She is never like that.”

“Come on… stop protecting your girlfriend. Back when I was in the same class with her in elementary school, she is always, ALWAYS rise her hand whenever teacher gave time to ask question.”

“That just her being curious and enjoying what she learns.”

“sound the same to me. So? she still doing that?”

“Yup. Never changed. She still active in class.”

 

That made Jeongnam let out a long heavy sigh. “Hhh… Great. What a nuisance…”

“Want me to explain you few things?”

“Yes. Better than not knowing .”

“Okay then. I’ll try explain it as easy as I can.”

Again, Jeongnam let out a sigh “I’m starting to regret this decision.”

 

And after that, those two began their quick study session while waiting for the class to begin.

.

 .

2 Hours after that, J university Cafeteria

Jeongnam was lucky that the next class she was supposed to attend, got cancelled. Otherwise, she had to keep pretending to be Sharon and being so active in class. It’s so draining for someone who usually a passive student in a class.

But everything went a bit easier and smoother during class, thanks to Jihyo’s help. If Jihyo didn’t tell her anything before the class started, Jeongnam probably going to ruin Sharon’s reputation and got caught by the latter for pretending to be her.

So as a gratitude, Jeongnam wanted to treat Jihyo something from the cafeteria. Well, Jeongnam wanted to buy her something more than that. But since Jihyo still got something to do in school, they have to settle there so.. here they are, buying some food in cafeteria.

 

While they waited, Jihyo couldn’t help but to notice Jeongnam being a bit restless. She kept looking through her phone then to her surrounding, then back to her phone.

 

“You good? Or maybe you’re waiting for someone because you kept looking on that phone.”

“No. I just checked out my phone in case Sharon text me or something.”

“You can leave me here I don’t mind. You should go back home if you worr—”

“What?! Worried?? Who? Me?? Psh please she’s a grown woman. Why should I worry about her condition. It just you know.. just in case?”

 

Being with her since they were kids made Jihyo knew very well Jeongnam’s habit. Acting like she didn’t care when she actually is. But she chose not to with it… otherwise the girl might decide to never show her care ever again because of being teased.

 

“Okay, sure. But really, you can just go leave me now and go home. You’ve paid the food anyway.”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll stay until you finished your food.”

“Aw… look at you being such a sweet friend~” and Jeongnam responded that with a forced smile, like she knew Jihyo was teasing her.

 

“Oh by the way, Jihyo. I have another favor.” Jeongnam suddenly changed the topic and gained Jihyo’s attention back

“What is it?”

“In case there’s someone I knew passed by, just treated me as Sharon, okay?”

“Uh… sure. But why?”

“I look so much like Sharon right now and I hate it..” this made Jihyo laughed.

“Hahahah! No, you’re not. You just wear something Sharon would wear..”

“That’s exactly why. Wearing Sharon’s style is horrible. Imagine if my friends knew I’m Jeongnam, yet wearing this kind of clothes. Eugh no... I could already imagine their endless tease.”

 

Jeongnam really did look awkward wearing that style. The shirt is fine, but the skirt that made her uncomfortable. She even constantly fixing her seat because she felt like her legs were too exposed. And somehow that made Jihyo laugh.

 

“Hahaha okay Ms. Grumpy. I get it. But what if your friends didn’t buy our lie?”

“Like who? There’s no one who can tell the difference except yo—”

“Jeongnam-aaah!”

 

Both Jeongnam and Jihyo just froze after someone out of nowhere came from Jeongnam’s side and aggressively hugged her until she moved slightly from her spot.

 

“Whoa it’s quite rare seeing you two together. Almost thought you were Sharon for a sec— wait why are you guys looking at me like that?” the girl’s enthusiasm quickly dimmed down as she saw the way Jeongnam and Jihyo looked at her. Like a deer caught in the headlight.

“Well, Sana-ssi.. I—”

The girl—Sana, suddenly broke her hug and gave Jeongnam a shocked-offended expression as she said, “Whoa wait! Sana-ssi?? You just called me with Sana-ssi??” (a/n: -ssi is a formal korean word to address someone especially when they’re not close)

“We made out yesterday yet now you called me Sana-ssi???”

 

Jihyo secretly gave Jeongnam an ‘oop’ look after hearing that. Never thought and never knew that these two already reached that stage. Meanwhile Jeongnam couldn’t defend herself from it as she was still trying to convince Sana.

 

“ekhm. Okay. I don’t know what you’re talking about, but you’re probably mistaking me as Jeongnam. I’m Sharon.” Jeongnam tried her best to make herself sound like Sharon.

“what? No you’re not.”

“Yes, I am.”

“She is Jeongnam right, Jihyo?”

Jeongnam secretly gave signal to Jihyo to play along and despite Jihyo wanted to laugh so hard, she still did it. “No, Sana. She is Sharon, actually..”

 

Sana’s face filled with confusion. Her brows frowned hard, and her lips even pouted as she tried to understand the situation.

 

“Look, I don’t know what you guys were up to… But no. This is Jeongnam. This smooth brown hair, this mole on the bridge of your nose, the piercing mark on the tip of your left eyebrow, this sharp jaw, this y collarbone, and this. this plump lips of yours..”

Sana paused and looked at Jeongnam’s lips a bit longer. Then she looked up while giving Jeongnam a flirty smirk as she said, “I knew it very well that it’s yours, Jeongnam.”

 

“oh god!” Jeongnam immediately jumped off the chair and stood away from Sana, “y-you don’t have to say it like that, geez.”

“But it’s true, right? you’re Jeongnam?”

“Y-yeah. Right. Whatever. I uh.. I have to go home now. I got something to do”

“Wait, hold o—”

Jeongnam slowly walked back while she continued her talk, “you stay here with Jihyo until her food came. And uh… Jihyo thank you so much for your help today…Bye!” and then she fled as fast as she could.

“Eh?? Jeongnam wa—oh come on!” complained Sana

 

Meanwhile Jihyo was laughing her lungs out, completely enjoying every single thing that happened. It’s not so often that she could see Jeongnam being all panic and flustered like that.

 

“what’s with that? Why she tried to convince me that she is Sharon?”

“Well….” Jihyo had to pause a bit, to control her breathe after such excessive laugh and after she felt better, she said, “she didn’t want anyone to see her dress like Sharon so she asked me to play along.”

“Did she lose a bet or something?”

“No. Sharon is currently sick and she couldn’t come to class. So, that girl pretended to be her sister and came to study as a business major student, securing Sharon’s attendance record.”

“Wow… and she agreed to do this for her? What a surprise.”

“It’s actually her own initiative.”

“Really??? Awww… Look at her being such sweet sister..”

“Yeah.. Jeongnam could be sweet sometimes. But let’s set that aside for a second.”

 

Jihyo suddenly came closer to the table and whispered, “what’s with that make out thing you said earlier? Are you guys a thing now?”

Giddy smile appeared on Sana’s face after Jihyo brought that up. “Well… we’re not a thing yet. But I think we’re on the right direction.”

“Well, progress is progress. I’m happy for you two. And also, I think the whole commotion earlier could make the two of you grew much closer after this.”

“hm? how’s so?”

 

And as a cue, Sana’s phone suddenly rang and it was from Jeongnam.

 

“Oh hello there. You still want to talk to me?”

“No need to be that snarky.”

“Well you just left me like that. why can’t I be snarky?”

Then Sana could hear a sigh from the other side, “Okay… I’m sorry. I shouldn’t do that.”

“why did you do that then?”

“I uh… got embarrassed with what you said and uh.. The way you looked at me I don’t know why but it gave me weird chills. and also, you told Jihyo about y-you know.. things we did yesterday.. so yeah. I got panic and ran. I’m sorry.”

Sana giggled for a bit after hearing how shy Jeongnam tone was. “Okay, you’re cute so I forgive you.”

There were a few moments of silence after that. Jeongnam didn’t say a thing, and so did Sana. With this, Sana kinda got a hunch that Jeongnam still got something she wanted to talk about.

 

“Is there anything else, Jeongnam?”

“Yeah. It’s uh… I appreciate what you did earlier. y-you know when you notice me as me and not as Sharon. It made me hap—I mean good. It made me feel good. Just a little bit though. Not that much. But y-yeah..”

“Well, I got my eyes stuck on you so of course I could notice.”

“That’s… a bit creepy, to be honest.”

“YAH!” Jeongnam laughed at the way Sana responded to it. Although its rare to hear Jeongnam laugh like that, Sana wasn’t in the mood to be affected by it

 

“I’m hanging up!”

“Sure. Talk to you la—”

“Myoui Jeongnam!!”

“Hahahah god! You’re such a kid. I’m just messing with you.. but, I really have to hung up. Jihyo still there right? kinda rude to her for doing this..”

Sana let out a sigh, “fine. But you owe me date for this.”

“Just say you want a free food, Sana.”

“I want to spend time with you that’s why!”

“Okay fine gee.. are you on period or something.. calm down… See you tomorrow then?”

“Okay. Drive safe, Jeongnam.”

“Bye.” as soon as the phone ended, Sana let out another sigh and pout.

 

“And.. you’re sulking.” Said Jihyo

“Why won’t i? She called me a creep earlier because I said that my eyes were stuck on her.”

“But you got a date though?”

“Still…” said Sana as she sulked more.

 

“I guess she mentioned something about you didn’t believe that she is Sharon?” Sana answered it with a nod, but still pouting.

“Jeongnam might messing around with but one thing for sure, she is happy with it.”

“She did say that she appreciate it and it made her feel happy.”

“Well that because to the triplets, being recognize as their own self—not being mistook as the other, means a lot to them. Each of them has their own reason why they want to look different with the other but it’s not my story to tell. So, yeah. Jeongnam is indeed happy when you were so sure that she is not Sharon.”

“So… was this the reason why you said that me and Jeongnam could get much closer?”

“Yup. Jeongnam probably would open up with you more now.”“We’ll see, I guess?”


 

Myoui Household.

It’s 6pm now and Jeongnam in the living room with Ray while she playing her guitar. Since Sharon currently resting in her room, Jeongnam felt at ease and she could enjoy her time. She just had to wait for Mina who was still outside since she had dance practice with her dance crew after a month missing club activity due to Mina’s ballet performance.

But then, Ray suddenly stood up and jumped off of the sofa as he ran towards the front door. Seeing how excited Ray was, Jeongnam knew that Mina had arrived.

Jeongnam was so ready to greet her sister with hug, until she saw Mina being piggy back by Momo. Sana was there too, holding Mina’s things. With that, Jeongnam immediately jumped off from the sofa and stormed towards them.

 

“Oh my god, Mina! Are you okay?? What happened? God, you look so pale… are you sick—" Jeongnam put her palm on Mina’s neck to check her temperature, “—oh god you’re burning. Come on, bring her to her room.”

 

Jeongnam was in panic. She didn’t even give any space for neither the three to explain the situation and she just led them to Mina’s room.


Once they arrived at Mina’s room, Jeongnam let Mina sat on her bed which the girl immediately plopped down on it weakly despite her sister had put her down gently. And finally Jeongnam asked Momo and Sana about the situation.

 

“What happened to her?” Asked Jeongnam to Momo.

“Mina isn’t feeling well. Quite feverish too and at the practice earlier with the crew, she nearly passed out.” Said Sana

“Oh god..” Jeongnam caressing Mina’s head before her mind finally realized Momo’s presents. “And why are you with them? You’re not part of the dance crew.”

“We were supposed to hang out after me and Mina finished our practice.”

“yeah.. that.” Said Momo, agreeing with Sana.

 

“I see. So, did you guys had an intense training?” asked Jeongnam

“The practice was fine.. I guess, she wasn’t feeling well from the beginning.”

“Did she eat something bad?”

And this is the time where Sana let out a sigh, “Hhh.. more like she ate nothing.”

“I already ate…” Said Mina in a really mumbled voice.

“Yes, sure you did. 2 tiny slices of kimbab for the entire day.”

“Mina…” Jeongnam tone sounded sad and disappointed.

“I just don’t have appetite and I’m fine now. I just need some rest.”

 

Hearing that, Jeongnam let out a sigh. A bit annoyed because she went through this exact pattern with Sharon earlier. But part of her also annoyed with herself for didn’t wake up earlier and prevent Mina from going to campus because it’s obvious that her sister wasn’t feeling well since the beginning—judging by her lack of appetite since morning.

 

“Look, Mina. I want you to be honest with me. No lies, or saying things like you’re fine or you’re just tired because it won’t convinced anyone at this state.” Jeongnam who was kneeling on the carpet beside the bed, paused a bit to move closer to Mina and then asked,

“How do you feel right now? Like headache, nauseous or something?”

 

The truth is, Mina is in so much pain now. Her head spinning crazy, a bit hurting, she felt cold, and felt like all her strength had been out of body.  Mina already felt under the weather since yesterday after she went through a quite intense dance class and this morning, she felt so weak.

Maybe all the excessive training & preparation for her last Sunday’s performance finally weaken her immune so now she became prone to sickness due to lack of rest.

Yet Mina chose to keep her condition to herself. No one needs to know her real condition... She just didn’t want to make anyone worry about her. Especially Jeongnam. But, since now her condition had gotten worse, she knew that she couldn’t hide it anymore so Mina let out a sigh and spilled out everything she felt,

 

“My head hurts and tired...”

Hearing that, Jeongnam gently Mina’s head and said, “Okay I’ll bring you some medicines and water. In the meantime, you lie down here and keep yourself warm, okay?” Jeongnam tucked Mina into her thick comforter and gave her a quick peck on her forehead after that.

Then without saying much, she left.

 

“She is in panic, isn’t she?” Asked Momo once Jeongnam left the room.

“Yeah. But it’s understandable… Sharon is sick and now mi—”

“Sharon is sick?” Mina had to cut Mina because she clearly didn’t know this information.

“Yes, she is… I guess Jeongnam found out about it earlier before she went to campus.”

“I want to che—”

“Wow wow wow!” Momo and Sana quickly tried to stop Mina from coming off of her bed as she already pulling off her comforter.

“You better stay here, Mitang. Sharon is probably resting now.. you don’t have to worry, okay?” said Momo as she gently patted Mina’s head

“You better take care of yourself first Mina. You’re not in good condition either.” Said Sana

“But…”

“She’ll be fine. And for Jeongnam, I’ll try to talk to her later. Maybe I could calm her down a bit. Don’t worry.” Said Sana.

 

With Momo and Sana’s assurance, Mina then held back her plan to check on Sharon and went back to lay down on her bed.

Just when things started to get a bit calm, Sana brought topic about Jeongnam.

 

“I know this is out of nowhere but… I didn’t know that Jeongnam has this side on her. I kinda like it.”

“Hm? What side?” asked Momo

“The caring and act-of-service typa girl side? the way she turned to be such a soft-spoken person and so accommodating? I’d be happy to be sick. I mean if I got sick and she’d try her best to accommodate every single thing I need, I won’t complain.”

Although she felt so out of energy, Mina still managed to let out a scoff upon the statement. “Believe me you’ll regret that.”

“Why?? I love being pampered. Especially by a really cool and cold looking girl who’s fuming with dominance like her.”

 

Momo suddenly scrunched her face as she felt uncomfortable with what Sana just said.

 

“O…kay, you know what. This conversation needs to end right here, right now. Because one, Mina needs to rest and two, you can’t keep yourself from talking weird things in terms of Jeongnam.”

“I’m just sayin.. Jeongnam always look stern and tough right? Imagine if she became soft and caring.. then she would help me go to bed, then give a kiss on my forehead while saying something like ‘I’ll be here whenever you need me’ kyaaaaa!”

Momo rolled her eyes as she said, “you watched too many drama..”

“Oh come on. Don’t you ever imagine to be treated like that? I know that you at least had imagined to be pampered by the person you like while you’re sick. Don’t lie.”

“Uh… no? You are the only one who ever imagine something like that. Right, Mitang?”

 

Mina didn’t say anything in responds to Momo’s question. But her gesture speaks louder… Once Momo and Sana turned their focus on her, she immediately buried herself under the blanket and even slept facing to the opposite direction. A clear sign that Mina indeed had imagined that sort of scenario before.

Momo who was sitting at the carpet beside Mina’s bed enthusiastically went up to Mina’s bed, sat on the vacant space beside her and asked, “Um.. Mitang… Y-you’ve… imagined me taking care of you before?”

Mina pulled down her blanket a bit and gave a slight nod before she went back to cover herself again.

 

“See. I’m not the only o—”

“Kyaa! I’ll take a good care of you, Mitaang!!! What do you want me to do? Hm? Want me to massage you? Want me to cook something for you? Or or you want me to cu—”

“Hey hey hey.” Sana had to pull the over-enthusiastic Momo off of Mina’s bed “Calm down you whipped girlfriend.”

“But! But! She said she wanted me to pamper her. Don’t stop me!”

“Yes, but you’re too excited. You’re going to make Mina’s fever went up higher now.. Calm down.”

“Ah… right. I’m sorry..”

“Y-you don’t have to do much… Momoring.” then Mina rolled herself back to face Momo and Sana, and then with her tiny voice she said, “Just… stay beside me and.. hold my hand, please?”

Big smiled grew on Momo’s face as she said, “will do!” before she grabbed Mina’s hand.

 

Meanwhile, Sana could only let out a sigh as she said,

“God… you guys are making me sad for being single.”

.

.

In the meantime, Jeongnam was so all over the place. She moved as fast as she could from Mina’s room to the kitchen to grab a jug of water and a glass, after that she went back upstairs. But before she went back to Mina’s room, she had to grab the medicine box and thermometer that she left in Sharon’s room. So, she made a stop at Sharon’s room first.

Yet as soon as she opened the door, Jeongnam couldn’t help but let out a curse.

 

“What the actual , Sharon.” The said girl froze on the spot—shocked and couldn’t utter any words

 

The reason why Jeongnam acted that way was because Sharon isn’t resting at all. She not even on her bed.. She was on her desk, doing something with her laptop and bunch of papers beside her. Of course Jeongnam got mad over it.

Jeongnam walked inside Sharon’s room and once she saw a ‘KoTech’ logo in some of the papers and also on Sharon’s screen, without thinking much, Jeongnam put the jar of wather and glass on Sharon desk. She then pulled Sharon’s rolling chair away from the desk—forcefully dragged her sister back to her bed.

 

“He—Wa—J-Jeongnam!!”

 

It was such a violent and quick ride that Sharon couldn’t mutter any coherent words. But now she is already right beside her bed and Jeongnam gestured with her head, told her to go back to her bed

 

“Rest.” Said Jeongnam

“Look, I feel better and I have work to do.”

Jeongnam didn’t say much, she just put her hand on Sharon’s neck (gently) and then forehead—to check her temperature.

 

“You’re still hot.”

“Well, thank you for the compliment.”

 

That made Jeongnam clenched her jaw. Completely hates the fact that her sister still could joke around with her current condition.

 

“No time for joking around, Myoui. Stop whatever you’re doing and rest. I have to treat Mina now, she is sick too so don’t add up my problem.”

“Oh my god. Really? I’ll he—” Sharon was about to stand up but Jeongnam quickly pushed her down, back to her seat.

“The only way you could help, is stop doing your job and rest.”

“I’m fine, Jeongnam. I’m not that sick. I can manage to help you and also finished my work.”

 

Sharon actually failed to see the tense expression that Jeongnam had been holding. It’s not just worried. There also anger and frustration hidden in her expression and when Sharon tried to act like she is fine, Jeongnam just couldn’t hold it anymore.

Jeongnam let out a very deep and full of frustration sigh before she started to talk again

 

“That CEO title you’re chasing on. Was it really that important?” 

“Oh great. You use that again. How many times should I told you to stop using my job to start a fight... I’m tired countering the same thing.”

Jeongnam let out a frown and asked, “You think I’m saying this, just because I want to start a fight with you?”

“Well yeah? But anyways, I don’t have time for that. You can drop your over-dramatic self now because I fee—"

“For ing sake, Sharon!” Jeongnam cut Sharon’s word as she yelled that and of course, Sharon was surprised and she couldn’t mutter any other words—completely in shock.

 

“You’ve ditched so many things just for THAT useless title! You ditched your sisters for it, you ditched and ignored your best friend for it, and now you even willing to sacrifice yourself for what? So grandpa, dad, uncles, all those important people in company acknowledged you as the perfect candidate for the next CEO?? So they knew that you’re so into your job until the extent that you willing to do EVERYTHING for the company even sacrificing your own health?!”

“Hey Jeongnam wait. Calm do—”

“How far are you willing to hurt yourself until you finally realized that WORK ISN’T EVERYTHING, SHARON?!”

 

And with that, Sharon realized. Jeongnam wasn’t being “over-dramatic” because of her protective side nor she was being snarky over Sharon’s job. But a part of Jeongnam was scared, scared that Sharon’s condition would turn worse. Yet Sharon overlooked that and now she felt terrible for invalidating Jeongnam’s concern.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mea—”

Sharon had to discontinue her apology after Jeongnam let out a very heavy sigh. Clearly, she’s really frustrated with everything.

“Just do me a favour and rest, please.”

“Okay.. I’ll sleep more. I’m sorry.”

 

As Sharon went back to rest on her bed, Jeongnam checked the medicine box. But unfortunately, Sharon just took the last medicine and now they are out of stock. Again, Jeongnam let out a sigh.

 

“What’s wrong?”

“Run out of medicine. Look. I’m going out later but Momo and Sana are here and I’ll ask someone to stay with you in case you need help.”

“It’s okay. I’m fine by my own.. I promise I won’t touch my laptop again..”

“I can’t trust your promise.”

“This time, you can. Please. I’ll be fine.”

“Okay yeah whatever. If I see you touch that damn laptop again, I’ll broke that into pieces.”

 

Jeongnam then walked towards the door but she made a stop on Sharon’s desk to pick up the water and glass that she put there before.

 

“Nami-chan.”

Jeongnam grunted in annoyance when she heard that nickname “Ugh what??”

“I’m sorry for making you worry and stressed.”

 

Jeongnam then realized that she slightly went overboard earlier and she kinda regrated herself for yelling like that to her sister who was sick. So, after another sigh, Jeongnam then said

 

“I’m sorry too. For yelling.”

“Well, I kinda deserve it.”

“You sure did.” Then Jeongnam walked towards the door and left the room.

 

As soon as the door closed, Sharon laid herself on bed and tried to catch some sleep again. But she couldn’t leave Jeongnam’s word out of her head.

Well actually, her condition wasn’t getting any better. She still felt lethargic and her head still in pain. But she forced herself to work. Jeongnam’s anger earlier was a wakeup call for her and from that commotion earlier, Sharon was sure about one thing.

 

“Jeongnam definitely won’t be happy if she knew I left to US because I want to protect her…”

Sharon let out a sigh… she promised to Jihyo to tell her sister about it but now.. it seems harder.

“But I still need to tell her… Maybe later once things a bit calmer...”

 

And after that, Sharon tucked herself into her comforter and slowly drifted back to dreamland.


Meanwhile in Mina’s room,

The three of them—Momo, Sana, and Mina, were just chatting normally now. Or more like Momo and Sana the one who talked while Mina starting to feel sleepy thanks to Momo’s gentle on her head.

But then it had to end as Sana suddenly could hear like someone might come. With that, she quickly alerted Momo, “Jeongnam’s coming.”

Momo quickly changed her position and changed to massage Mina’s arm instead. Sana, played along as she also massaged Mina’s calf gently.

 

“Sorry for the wait.” Said Jeongnam

And thank God, Sana could hear her steps. Imagine if she didn’t notice it and Jeongnam caught Momo being all touchy with Mina. Messy commotion could’ve happened.

 

But Sana noticed one thing. Jeongnam’s mood is different from earlier. It became way ‘heavier’ than before. Maybe after this, she’ll ask her about it.

 

“Uh.. Mina, I bought you some water.” Jeongnam then walked towards Mina’s bed and put the jug of water on Mina’s night stand.

 

Since Mina wanted to drink, Mina slowly tried her best to sit up from her sleep. Like it was just a simple thing to do, yet the girl seems struggled. Since Momo was still beside Mina, she tried to assist her.

Yet the moment she sat up, Mina still felt dizzy. So, she just froze up while waiting for the dizziness to go away

 

“What’s wrong?” asked Jeongnam

“just felt dizzy.. and um.. water, please.” Jeongnam quickly poured the water into the glass and gave it to Mina. But Mina didn’t immediately drink it. She just froze with her eyes still closed and she also frown.. like she didn’t feel well

 

“Your head hurts?” Mina answered Momo’s question with a subtle nod.

“Oh god.. uh.. okay. Well uh… Truthfully, I don’t want to leave you right now but I really need to go out for a bit. We ran out of medicine. Will you be fine without me?” asked Jeongnam.

Since Mina’s head still hurt, the girl only abled to give a slight nod to answer Jeongnam’s question

But that didn’t make Jeongnam less worried and yes, she is panicking. “Okay you don’t have to worry, I’ll be as quick as possible. I promise.”

 

Jeongnam then walked out the door, but then she stopped midway as she almost forgot something,

 

“Oh right. You need to change your clothes first.”

 

Jeongnam then rushed her step to where Mina usually stored her pyjamas and quickly grabbed something warm for her to change.

 

“Here, change your clothes to this first, okay? You can sleep more comfortable in this.” Said Jeongnam as she put the clothes near Mina.

“You two should go out now so Mina can change her clothes and after she finished, you must stay here until I comeback, got it?” Jeongnam asked that to both Sana and Momo

“Sure.” Said Sana

“Good.”

 

Sana and Jeongnam were about to leave the room. But Momo was so reluctant since Mina still in the same situation like earlier, froze up. To Momo, it looks like Mina is not in the situation where she got enough strength to do anything by herself. So, without much of thinking, Momo asked,

 

“need a hand, Mitang?”

 

Jeongnam who was already at the door, had to stop and turned around because of what Momo just said.

 

“Excuse me?? Need a hand for what, exactly? Changing her clothes??”  Jeongnam’s question woke Momo from her sense because clearly the girl didn’t think much before she offered that as she forgot to switch the girlfriend mode off

“W-what?? No! no no no! Of course not! Why would I, her FRIEND, offered to help her changed her clothes? That’s weird. Hahahahaha… I-I mean.. I was just asking if there’s ANY other things I could help. Y-you know? She looked like she can’t do anything much so I just offered some help. As friend! Yeah. Friend. Best friend.”

 

Clearly… lying and damage control are never been Momo’s forte. It’s just made her sounds way suspicious and weird. Sana and Mina internally sweating bullets at how Momo responded it in such panic manner. But gladly Jeongnam’s head is only about Mina right now, so she didn’t think about it much

 

“You can cook, right? Maybe make some food for her?”

“Oh, right! Mina haven’t eaten anything. I’ll cook then!” Just when Momo about to stand up, Mina held her arm

“You don’t have to, Momoring. I don’t feel like eating.” Said Mina, or more like a whine. It’s not just because she lost her appetite, but she also didn’t want to trouble her.

“You have to eat, Mina…You can’t drink your medicine if you haven’t eaten anything and you need food to boost your energy.”

 

Once again, Momo completely forgot to switch off her girlfriend mode as now she gently Mina’s head.

 

“Okay then..” Said Mina as she finally gave in.

“What do you want to eat? I’ll cook anything you want.”

“No idea...” said Mina with a pout.

“Hmm.. Porridge? Chicken soup?”

“soup…”

That made Momo smile wide and said, “Okay.. I’ll make it for you.”  After that, Momo left the room to prepare the meal.

 

Anyone who saw that short interaction would at least get the idea that there is something between those two. The way Momo’s voice turned soft, the way she being so gentle to Mina, and the way she stares at her… Everything screams romance there.

Sana was so nervous at that moment. Her eyes kept darting from those two, to Jeongnam.  But lucky for them, Jeongnam was oblivious as usual.

 

“Okay I’ll leave now. Change your clothes first, drink some water and have a good rest while I’m out okay.” 

And after that everyone left Mina alone in her room to change her clothes.

.

.

Once they were outside, Sana saw Jeongnam already brought her bike key with her. But she had to stop her first before she went downstairs.

 

“Hey, Jeongnam. Wait up.”

Jeongnam stopped and turned around to face Sana, “What?”

“You good?”

 “What do you mean with that? I’m good.”

 

The way Jeongnam answered it in a rather intense tone, just convinced Sana that she wasn’t good. Sana then walked towards Jeongnam and held her hand

 

“You kept rushing and restless. Also, earlier when you arrived back from taking water and medicine, you seems… different. Did something happen?”

“It’s none of your bus—”

 

Jeongnam hung her words as she quickly realized the word she was about to say. Meanwhile, Sana was looking at her with a soft smile as she waited for Jeongnam to open up. Feeling guilty for almost losing her temper, Jeongnam then gave in

 

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean to say that..”

Sana then walked closer and Jeongnam’s arms softly as she said, “I’m all ears…”

Jeongnam then let out a sigh before she explained,

 

“Earlier I fought with Sharon. I went to her room because I left the medicine box there. But instead of seeing her resting, she was working. Then I yelled at her. I do feel bad for doing it but also mad yet worried… meanwhile I’m still worried over Mina’s condition so.. I don’t know.. I feel…”

“Stressed?”

“Kinda…”

“Come here…” Sana then pulled Jeongnam into her hug and gently caressed her back, gave her comfort.

 

“There.. there.. It’s okay…I know you are worried over your sisters and it’s fine to feel like that.”

“Will they be okay?”

“Of course they will. With proper rest, eat, and medicine, I bet they’ll be better in no time.”

 

Jeongnam didn’t know why, but she had this urge feeling to cling on Sana a bit more. Like she wanted to be vulnerable with her. So she ducked deeper into Sana’s hug, and tighten her hug.

 

“But Jeongnam, I want you to know this. You don’t have to deal everything by yourself. You got me and Momo here. We’re more than happy to help you.”

 

There was silence after Sana said that. But Sana didn’t stop caressing Jeongnam’s back, kept giving her comfort.

 

Until,

 

“then… would you accompany me to buy medicine? I feel calmer with you around.”

 

Sana was not ready for that. Her heart skipped a bit and she even stopped caressing Jeongnam’s back, shocked with what Jeongnam said. No, not the invitation. But her reasoning. Jeongnam rarely admit this kind of thing but she did. Yet Sana wasn’t ready for it

 

“Sana?”

“hm? Ah! Y-yeah sure.. sure. I’ll come with you.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yup! Definitely. I-I’ll go with you.”

 

Jeongnam sensed the change of tone in Sana’s voice so she broke the hug to make sure.

“But why you sound forc—Wait why are you… Blushing?” asked Jeongnam who saw Sana’s redden face after she broke the hug.

“me? Blushing? No. no what do you mean? I’m fine.. come on! Let’s go chop chop! Let’s go grab that medicine!”

 

Sana was about to flee away, but Jeongnam pulled her back

“Didn’t we agree to always share our feelings?”

Since she couldn’t hide it anymore, Sana let out a sigh and told her about it. “Okay fine… When you said you are calmer when I’m around… it makes my heart flattered...”

“Oh… that.. You’re blushing just because of that? I was just being honest though.”

“Well how often are you being honest with me, Jeongnam? Close to none. So I’m sorry for getting flustered by such mundane thing.” Said Sana with a pout. Not happy with Jeongnam’s tone.

That made Jeongnam let out a short laugh and ruffled Sana’s, “No need to pout like that. I’m just messing around with you.” Jeongnam gave a smile before she walked away towards the stairs.

 

Meanwhile Sana froze on the spot. Once again got attacked by Jeongnam’s unpredictable sweet behaviour.

 

“Sana, let’s go. We don’t have much time.” And after that, Sana followed Jeongnam. But still, her heart was beating frantically—still affected by Jeongnam’s words and smile.

.

.

.

Next Morning,10am

After enough rest, Sharon already felt better although, she still wasn’t fit enough to go to campus. If last night Jeongnam didn’t snap at her, she probably holding her laptop now and continue her work. But not now. She was in the living room, watching some morning show.

She felt so bored sleeping in her room, got nothing to do. Plus, she got no one to talk to since Mina was still sleeping in her room and her condition still hasn’t getting better. So, watching TV while playing with Ray is her best entertainment now.

Until,

*DING DONG*

 

Hearing the bell, Sharon then walked towards the door to check the visitor and apparently, it’s Momo. Since Sharon currently has similar hair color like Mina, it made her wanted to trick Momo. Well, she is feeling playful due to boredom and also, she wanted to confirm her assumption about Momo and Mina having a thing. Maybe if she pretended to be Mina, Momo would spill something.

 

“Momoring!” Greeted Sharon enthusiastically.

Yet on the other side, Momo looked confused. She didn’t immediately greet Sharon back. She scanned her first and then said “Uh.. Hi? S-Sharon?”

“I’m Mina, Momoring.”

“Uh… I don’t.. Think so? Mina still hasn’t got better, I think.”

Sharon smiled, “I feel a bit better now so I could walk around.”

“Hm.. I don’t think you are Mina, though? You got no eye smile, there’s no constellation like moles on your face, your cheeks doesn’t look squishy, your lips isn’t sorta like a triangle, you open your mouth a bit wider when you talk, your shoulder is a bit narrower, your voice isn’t as soft as Mina’s and you’re louder than her so.. no, I don’t think you are her…”

 

And Sharon very impressed by that. She didn’t expect Momo to say such detailed comparison. She thought Momo would immediately apologize yet she was so sure that Sharon was lying. If Momo didn’t drop such detailed comparison, Sharon probably would continue her attempt to trick Momo.

 

“Wait, constellation like moles? What’s that even mean?”

“HAH! Gotcha! You’re not Mina!”

“Well, you got me, I’m Sharon.”

“Hahaha you can’t trick me Sharon~ but anyway, Mina has mole on her forehead, the bridge of her nose, and then on the tip her upper and lower left lips. All of it was align and looked like a constellation!”

“aaah I see.. I’m quite impress with your observation. How could you notice such details, Momo-ssi? Not many people could tell the difference between us.”

 

The happy and proud face Momo had, became pale as she got nervous with Sharon’s question

 

“I-I uh… I just… knew? I mean.. y-you know I’ve been friends with Mina since junior high so.. Yeah! That’s why..” Said Momo

“god she is so bad at lying.” Sharon thought.

 

“Hmm.. is that so.. Welp! Glad Mina has a very good friend like you. Oh! sorry I haven’t invited you in. Come on.” Momo then went in and the two of them walked inside the house

 

“Mina still sleeping in her room. You can go upstairs if you want.” Said Sharon.

“Oh I want to cook something first. Yesterday Jeongnam asked me to come here in the morning to make something for both of you.”

That made Sharon shocked “Oh my god. I’m so sorry for bothering you like this..”

“No no no! it’s fine! It’s not a bother at all. You don’t have to worry.”

“Thank you so much, Momo-ssi. I really appreciate your help.” Sharon paused a bit before she continued, “Well I want to check on Mina first. Just to make sure she’s fine. You can do anything you need in the kitchen.. I can’t help since I don’t know how to cook.”

“It’s fine. I could manage by myself.”

“Oh wait, Momo-ssi!” Momo stopped and turned around to hear what Sharon had to say

 

“Please take a good care of Mina.”

Momo looked a bit puzzled with that sudden request but as oblivious she could be, she just said, “I’ll try my best!”

 

After that, Momo went to the kitchen while Sharon walked upstairs to Mina’s room.


Mina’s room

Mina was just finished changing her clothes to the new one that Jeongnam previously had prepared for her. Her whole body was drenched in sweats which is a good thing. But despite that, she still hasn’t gotten better. Even so, Mina just going to go back to rest again. She had to recover so she won’t missed her classes and also her dance practice with her crew.

Just when she was about to go back to sleep, her door was opened and it was Sharon.

 

“Oh, you’re awake.” Said Sharon as she walked inside Mina’s room. She then sat on the vacant space beside Mina and asked, “how are you?”

“Still the same..”

“aw.. you poor thing.. I wish we could exchange body now.” Sharon said that while she Mina’s head. But Mina laughed upon that sweet comment

“You’re not in better condition than I am though.”

“Hey. I would rather feel a lot of pain than seeing you sick.”

“Don’t say that..”

“Then, let’s get better together, hm?” and Mina gave Sharon a nod.

 

There was no conversation after that. Mina about to go back to dreamland which got helped by Sharon’s gentle . But Mina’s sleepiness suddenly gone as Sharon suddenly threw a question.

 

“Hey Mitang… What makes you love your crush?”

“Hm? W-why you suddenly ask me that?”

“Just because. I’ve always too focus on searching for who is the girl, yet the most important thing is what that person makes you feel. So.. care to share?”

“Well uh… I don’t have particular reason. I just love her. everything about her just so.. loveable.”

“I see. How’s she treated you though?”

“amazing. She always there for me, she always ready to help, she cares for me, she always gave me confident when I doubt myself, when she gave me advice.. she let me chose the final decision by myself yet still gave me assurance that she’ll be there for me no matter what I chose. Although she sometimes needed my help in a lot of things but the fact that she makes me feel like we can rely on each other… makes me feel happy.”

 

The way Mina saying those things with such gentle smile, made Sharon sure that her little sister was so in love with her.

Although Sharon also realized that some of those things Mina like from her crush, was actually things that she and Jeongnam took away from her. freedom, and feeling of being relied on. All Sharon and Jeongnam could do to her is pampering her, protect her without giving options. They always think they knew the best for Mina but turns out, they knew nothing.

So the fact that this girl could make Mina feel that way, made Sharon glad.

 

“After hearing that. I think… If you want to be with her, I won’t mind.”

This made Mina sat up from her sleep, “reall—ouch.” But headache hit her

“whoa calm down… Don’t sit up that fast..”

“I’m okay..” Mina paused a bit to control her sudden dizziness and when she felt better, she asked, “Are you sure with what you just said?”

“Yes, of course. she sounds like a great person and would be a great girlfriend.”

“Uh actually, Sharon. We’re already dating…”

 

Sharon suddenly squinting her eyes not amused with the news “you said you’re not dating anyone..”

“W-we’re just dating few days before my show. But… I still couldn’t tell you her name..”

“Well then.. hm… Let me ask you this. Does she make you happy?” Mina gave Sharon a nod

“Does she make you feel loved and safe?” again Mina nod her head

“Then I’m fine with it. That’s the most important thing. I don’t have to know who she is. As long as she makes you feel happy, loved, and safe.. I’m fine.” Sharon then also added, “I’m happy for you, Mitang. I really do.”

 

With that, Mina couldn’t hold her tears and she immediately hugged Sharon tight and sobbed, “arigatou nee-chan.. arigatou.”

Sharon wanted to cry too hearing how shaky Mina’s voice was. But she swallowed her tears and said, “Remember this, Mitang. If something ever happened, I’ll also be there for you, okay?”

Mina tightens her hug and gave Sharon a hum as an affirmation.

 

“one down, one more to go”



AUTHOR POV:

I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER LONG CHAPTER YEAY
Sorry for the wait and i hope you guys enjoy this one! please leave your thoughts in the comment box! much appriciate it hehhehe~

Thank you for always patiently waiting for my story! Love you guys!!
oh! please do hit me up on twitter if you want akkergo5