Chapter 20: Love

Take Myoui Heart

J University, Friday a week after that

Currently Momo was standing nervously in front of the Economy & Business Faculty all by herself. Why a Veterinary Science Student was there in the first place? Well, it’s because she’s about to do the most nerve-wrecking mission. Which is confessing to Sharon.

Of course, not love confession.

Momo want to confess to Sharon that she is dating her most precious little sister. Yes. This timid girl, muster up all her strength and confident so she could introduce herself as Mina’s girlfriend to Sharon—the oldest sister of the myoui triplets.

This wasn’t an act of impulse or a reckless decision. Momo really think about everything thoroughly. Of course, there was a trigger to this.

On the day when Momo was visiting and taking care of Mina, the latter said that she already told Sharon about her dating someone—Momo’s identity remain hidden. Mina also told her that Sharon’s respond was great and Momo, saw that as a sign—a good one.

Momo always wanted to directly tell Mina’s sisters about them. She just feels so wrong if she kept things away from her girlfriend’s sisters. But she had to hold it back to respect Mina’s decision.  

Since now Sharon already knew that Mina is dating and it seems like she was cool with it, made Momo determined to came upfront and tell Sharon the truth.

Although… Momo knew that there’s a chance that Mina might get angry at her if she knew about this. But that’ll be a problem for another day.

So here she is, standing beside a nearby bench while nervously waiting for Sharon to came out of her class.

 

“You can do it Momo. It’ll be okay. You’ll be perfectly fine, Sharon will be cool with it, and things will be okay. You do this for Mina. You do this for love! You do this fo—"

“Oh? Momo?”

“Kyaa!!”

 

Jihyo’s sudden voice took Momo by surprised and once she saw Sharon also with her, all the confidence she had tried to build up and all the nerves she tried to compress… hit her like a wrecking ball.

 

“i-I mean… Kyaa! Jihyo! Sharon!! Hi!! D-didn’t expect to see you two here! Hahaha…” and yes. The nerves also made Momo saying something weird as well.

“Um yeah, hi. But… Isn’t that supposed to be our line, though?” asked Jihyo in a confused tone

“Oh… Right! Silly me. This is not even my faculty hahaaha!”

 

Momo wanted to turn around and run at this moment. Especially after she saw Jihyo and Sharon quickly threw glance at each other, possibly due to Momo’s weird behavior. But the only thing Momo could do were shyly rubbing her nape and threw an awkward smile.

 

“Anyway, what are you doing here?” asked Jihyo.

“Well actually, I uh.. I kinda want to talk to Sharon…”

With surprised face, Sharon pointed at herself “Me?”

“Y-yes. But just the two of us though.” Said Momo

“Omo! Are you perhaps trying to confess to me?”

 

The nervous Momo didn’t see it, but Jihyo quickly nudged Sharon’s side because she thought it wasn’t the right time for her to joke something about that.

But to their surprise, Momo answered, “Yes.”

“Eh??”

 

Yet once again Momo was too nervous to understand that Sharon interpreted her answer different than what the former intended. So instead of clarifying things, Momo said,

 

“But! Only if you available of course. if you can’t, it’s okay we can talk some other time. I know how busy you are and I don’t want to—”

“Wow wow Momo-ssi, calm down.” Said Sharon.

“Right. Sorry…” then while she shyly rubbed her neck again, Momo asked, “so um.. can we talk?”

“Well I need to go somewhere with Jihyo.. but—” Sharon took a quick glance at Jihyo and the latter quickly assured her, by giving a smile and a short nod

“—never mind. Got the approval so, yeah sure. Let’s talk.” Said Sharon.

“Cool! I-it won’t be long I promise.”

“Okay then, I better get going and I’ll be waiting in cafeteria.” Said Jihyo before she bid goodbye to Sharon and Momo.

 

Soon after Jihyo went away, awkward silence filled the two. But since Sharon is way more composed than Momo, she managed to break the ice.

 

“So… Momo-ssi. Do you like me or something?”

Momo who was looking around nervously, shifted her sight immediately to Sharon and gave her a very confused expression, “Eh?”

“Didn’t you say that you want to confess to me?”

And Momo quickly corrected her in panic manner, “Oh?! No! no no no! I-it’s not like that. I didn’t mean THAT kind of confession…”

“Hm? Then.. what do you want to confess?”

“W-well.. I uh…”

 

Seeing Momo being all nervous and fidgety, Sharon suddenly crossed her arms on her front and as she slightly leaned closer to Momo, she asked, “Did you do something bad behind my back, Momo-ssi?”

 

Sharon’s tone and look was so intimidating that made Momo gulped down her saliva due to the intense pressure and nerves. Momo even had to take a few tiny steps back and hung her head low to slightly get away from the direct intimidation.

 

“Well, ekhm… um… okay here we go.” Momo took a deep breathe before she dropped her confession, “I’m in love with your sister...”

“Which one? I have two, you know.”

“Oh right.. It’s uh…” Momo was delaying her answer while playing with her fingers. She just too scared to reveal it.

“Momo-ssi…” warned Sharon because Momo was taking to long with her answer.

 

“It’s… It’s Mina.”

“So… You are…”

“Y-yes... I-I’m Mina’s girlfriend...” There was silence after Momo said that and that silence was killing her.

“So it was you, huh?”

“Y-yeah…I’m sorry.”

 

Momo already prepared herself for this moment since the past few days. She had imagined tons of possible scenarios and argument that she might’ve to face. Every good and bad scenario, Momo already prepared for it. She even practice in front of the mirror by pretending that she was talking to Sharon and throughout the practice, she managed to come up with tons of counter arguments with full confidence.

But it wasn’t the real deal and reality always feel lot different from imagination. The intensity started to suffocate her and now, Momo just want the ground to swallow her and protect her from Sharon’s intense gaze.

 

“Tell me. What makes you think I’m okay with this?”

 

“Oh no here she comes.” Said Momo inside her own head.

 

“Well.. Uh—”

“When Mina told me that she’s dating someone, she didn’t mention any name. Probably because she scared that once I knew who the person is, I might be disappointed and ask them to break up with her. So,”

Still with arms on her front, Sharon leaned closer toward Momo again and then asked, “what makes you think that I won’t ask you to do that?”

Momo gulped down her saliva nervously, “w-well. I… honestly never thought you’d be okay with me being Mina’s girlfriend. But I’m here not to convince you nor trying to change your mind if you didn’t allow me to be with her.…”

Sharon brows slightly frown, a bit confused with what Momo just said. “Then?”

“I-I’m just here to introduce myself as.. M-Mina’s girlfriend. Whatever your respond is, even if you’re not okay with me being her girlfriend and even if you asked me to break up with her, I...”

 

Momo had to pause a bit to collect her confident and then she slightly looked up to Sharon as she said, “I won’t. I don’t want to break up with her.” And quickly hung her head low again.

 

Momo didn’t say it in the most confident and firm way—still acting timid and being so careful with her words. Sharon’s silence made Momo worried. So, when she slightly stole another glance and saw how Sharon looked at her in such unreadable expression, pushed Momo to do some damage control measure.

 

 “B-but before you get angry or anything, let me tell you this first.” Momo paused a bit to control her breath before she then continued,

 

“I know I’m not the kind of person that you nor Jeongnam expected to be for Mina. Like.. I’m not the most confident, bravest, well-spoken, nor even brightest person. In some type of way, I’m similar to Mina but with more flaws. Sometimes, it’s me who need her the most rather the she needs me…

But.. I love her. Like REALLY, really love her. and I’m willing to be the best version of myself so I would be able to protect, support, and make her feel needed and loved. So… yea— A-also!

I might not be the type of person who could complete things she’s lacking… But instead of being that kind of person, I want to be the kind of person who always be there for her and make her feel like it’s okay to be her current self. L-like… the type of person who could make her feel like she is perfect the way she is? Because she is a wonderful person to begin with and I’ll love her nevertheless.”

 

Momo finally ended her long words and stayed silence. She already said things she wanted to say to Sharon. Whatever the outcome is, she wouldn’t dwell much on it. Because despite her being scared about it, Momo already determined that she won’t leave Mina no matter what and she’ll fight for the two of them. Even if she had to go through this kind of nerve-wracking moment.

Sharon was still in her intimidating stance, looking at her in such intense stare and it seems like she was plotting so many schemes inside her head. But without Momo noticed, Sharon dropped her façade and gave out a big smile.

 

“Gosh you’re down so bad for her, huh?”

Momo still nervous with everything so the only thing she could do, was let out a short laugh that still sounds forced and had a tint of nervousness from it.

“Hey, relax. I’m fine.”

“eh?” said Momo as she snapped her head up to look towards Sharon.

“I was acting all scary and intimidating earlier just to mess around with you, I’m sorry and I’m okay with you guys dating. Besides, I already kne—”

“Wow wow wow! Y-you knew??!”

 

Sharon gave her a nod while also laughed due to Momo shocked face.

 

“Hahahah! Of course, I knew! You’re always my top suspect since the beginning despite Jeongnam kept saying it wasn’t you. And here I’m, proving that Myoui Sharon is always right.”

“But… how?”

“Well, different with Mina. You’re not subtle, Momo-ssi. Like AT ALL.”

“wait. so does this mean the thing you said on the night after we had a feast to celebrate Mina’s performance… because you already knew I had feelings for her?”

“Yup.”

“I knew it! My hunch was right back then!” said Momo

“You know, that day I was quite convinced that you and mina had a thing after I saw how you looked at her with such glimmer and admi—”

“wow! Wow! Please.. no need to expose me.” Once again, Momo made Sharon laughed.

“Anyways jokes aside, I’m really okay with you dating Mina. don’t worry.”

 

After hearing that, Momo immediately fell down on the bench and let out a very huge sigh… sign of relieve.

 

“I thought I might have to go through an intense argument with you... Fiuh, thank God, I don’t need to do that.”

“Oooh? do you think you can win over me?” asked Sharon that sounds like she dares Momo.

“Of course not. If I was sure about that, I won’t be nervous like this. But.. thank you, for being cool with us.”

Sharon gave a smile and suddenly she sat down beside Momo as she asked, “wanna know the reason why I’m cool with you being her girlfriend?”

“Sure.. if you willing to tell me.”

“It’s simple actually. Because you didn’t get fooled when I pretend to be Mina.”

 

That made Momo frown in confusion

 

“Um sorry… I’m thankful for that but… why?”

“Well, you knew I’m not her and the fact that you managed to mention such detail description about Mina, make me feel like ‘aah.. this girl only has eyes for Mina.’ something like that.”

“Aah.. T-that’s true though..” Said Momo as she started being shy after Sharon said that. Then she added, “But if we set that aside… For me, Mina is the least similar between the three of you. She looks like you and Jeongnam but not as identical as you with Jeongnam…? Like she has her own face?”

 

Once Momo said that, Sharon looked shocked—in a good way. Her eyes were wide as she stared right to Momo—not in a scary way.

 

But yeah, being timid made Momo scared upon the stares. “W-what?”

“You have to tell that to Mina.”

And that made Momo worried and scared, “W-why? Is it a bad thing? I don’t want her to be angry with me...”

Sharon laughed at that, “Hahaha No! it’s a good thing. You should try to tell her and see her reaction. You’d thanked me later.”

“I’m scared but… o-okay..”

 

Seeing Momo became nervous made Sharon let out a soft smile but then she continued,

 

“Also.. I’ve never seen Mina looked so happy and so in love before. All just because she was talking about you.. So yeah. I’m definitely okay with you dating Mina.. in fact, I should’ve thanked you for that.”

Momo rubbed her nape, showing how embarrassed she was with what Sharon just said.

 

“W-well… It’s only recently we’re dating so I guess that’s why she could feel as happy as that. y-you know the honeymoon phase thingy. Not to mention she’s been waiting me for quite long time so yeah.. make sense..”

“Oh? So you’re saying you couldn’t make her happy in the future?”

“NO NO NO! Of course not! Mina’s happiness is my top priority! I’ll give her my whole heart just to make sure she’ll always be happy. Yes, that’s for sure.”

Sharon laughed hard after hearing how panic Momo’s respond was towards her tease. “Gosh Momo-ssi, you’re so gullible! I was just messing with you. Calm down.”

Again, Momo showed another gesture of her being embarrassed with the situation.

 

“But anyawys… You should know that it’s not entirely your job to make her feel like that, Momo-ssi. It’s also mine and Jeongnam’s duty as her sisters.”

“Oh… right!”

Sharon suddenly stood up from her seat and after that, she lends her arm and with a smile she asked, “Shall we work together then?”

And with proud and happy smile, Momo accepted the handshake and stood up as she said, “Yes!”

 

“So I guess.. that’s all what you’re going to say? I’d love to hang around a bit longer but I need to go somewhere with Jihyo after this. I’m sorry.”

“I should be the one who apologize for taking your time. But maybe just one more thing. Eum.. Could you please don’t tell Mina that we had this conversation?”

With that, Sharon’s warm face turned to frown again as she said, “Hold on. You did this behind her back??” Sharon then put both her hand on each side of her hips in anger and added, “How dare you!”

“okay, okay. I know it’s bad and as her girlfriend I shouldn’t do things behind her back. But it just feels so wro—Wait. You messing with me again, aren’t you?” Momo had to quickly change her tone after she saw Sharon’s smile grew wider as Momo tried to defend herself.

 

“I’m sorry, can’t help it.” Said Sharon in between her short giggle and then she continued, “but yeah sure. It’s fine. Promise I won’t tell her and I guess you want me to keep it from Jeongnam too?”

“Yes!! that would be so helpful. Please.... I’ll talk to her later, eventually. After Mina talked to her though. But y-yeah. Please don’t let her know just yet.”

“Sure. I promise.”

“Thank you. so um.. That’s all I wanted to say. You can go to Jihyo now.. sorry for taking your time.”

“It’s fine. It’s worth it anyways.. Nice talking with you, Momo-s—wait. can I just call you with Momo instead?”

“Yes! I didn’t even use honorific with you this whole time… so yeah.”

“Cool. Okay then. See you around, Momo.”

 

After both exchanged wave, Sharon than turned around and headed towards the cafeteria where Jihyo was waiting for her. But after just few steps, she turned around to face Momo and said

 

“Oh. wait. I actually have a tiny concern. Please do those intimate thingy once you reached 1st year or above, okay?”

Nervous and fear immediately filled Momo’s face again, “intimate.. thingy?”

“Yes like kissing and stuffs.”

“Oh my… Y-yes! Yes! S-sure! Sure! Of course! Hahaha oh gosh it won’t be that fast… psh you know us, right? Hahaha ”

“Gee you and Mina are really similar. Just the thought about those things already made you shy like this. Hahaha. Well, see you around.”

 

Once Sharon walked further away from there, Momo who was already stood up, fell down on the bench again as she was so scared that Sharon might knew the truth about that last thing.

Momo was lucky that Sharon interpreted her nervousness as part of Momo’s timid and shy traits. Not Momo trying to lie and acted like they never did it while the truth is… they even kissed way before they’re official.

But Sharon didn’t have to know that.

.

.

Later on, Sharon reunited with Jihyo after her talk with Momo. But they didn’t stay in the cafeteria, they immediately walked to Sharon’s car and continued their plan. Which is to buy a dress for Jihyo.

Apparently, tomorrow night Sharon had to attend another event on behalf of her father and once again, the host of the event is actually eager to make Sharon married one of his sons. Why? Business purposes of course.

Sharon’s father didn’t really know this, he just asked her to go there to maintain good relation. and due to the host’s son who actually didn’t despise his father’s idea and kept trying to make a move on her, once again… Sharon needed Jihyo’s help to shut them off.

Jihyo was not impressed at first when Sharon asked her. But again, it’s hard for her to say no if Sharon already plead her desperately. So she agreed.

And then Sharon being Sharon—a wealthy person who didn’t care much about money, wanted to buy new dress for Jihyo. She said that someone from the previous event they attended might be there too and it won’t look great if they saw Jihyo wearing the same dress. Well.. That was what she told Jihyo.

Real reason? Sharon just wanted to buy new dress for her. So, here they are, walking towards Sharon’s car side by side. Or technically Jeongnam’s car that Sharon borrowed.

 

But the walk from cafeteria, they didn’t say much. Just walk.

Jihyo was indeed curious on what kind of conversation that Sharon and Momo had earlier. but she decided to stay silent until Sharon the one who start to talk about it.

Which eventually she did.

 

“Say, Jihyo.”

“hm?”

“Momo is a good person, right?”

 

Jihyo looked towards Sharon, trying to figure out where this conversation actually heading to. But Sharon’s expression was too unreadable so she just ended up answer it in the simplest way.

 

“yes she is.. why you suddenly asked me that?”

“Momo just told me that she’s dating with Mina.”

“Oh… So that’s what she meant by confessing...”

“Yes. and gosh!” Suddenly Sharon’s expression turned brighter and sounded excited as she continued, “you have to know how whipped she is for Mina! Like, I never heard someone talk so fondly upon someone like that. Well, I guess that’s Mina’s power on making people love her, huh?”

“Hahaha true. But you know what? Their trope is actually Mina fell first and Momo fell hard—"

“Wait.” Sharon suddenly stopped her walk and that also made Jihyo followed her. After that, with brows frowning and eyes squinting, Sharon asked to Jihyo, “You… Knew? I mean yes you had assumption but.. You knew that they are together?”

 

“Duh? I’m their friend so of cou—”

Sharon then cut Jihyo’s word, “And you dare to hide it from me?” asked Sharon while she grabbed both Jihyo’s side arms.

“hhh her we go..” Jihyo said it while she rolled her eyes then shrugged Sharon’s arm away from her and continued her walk.

“Hey hey. Don’t just walk away like that, Park.” Said Sharon as she tried to match her walk with Jihyo’s pace, “you’ve tried to wipeout my theory about them being together yet now, you’re saying that you already knew??”

“In my defense, they still not dating at that time. So, I wasn’t lying.” Said Jihyo.

“But still. Why you hide it from me?”

“Because I’m still not convinced that you won’t do anything? The last time we talked about this, you weren’t happy after knowing there’s a chance that Mina’s crush had feelings for her too, right? so why would I tell you? Besides, it’s not my story to tell…”

“Hm... Okay, fair enough I guess...”

 

“Anyways. How was it? Did you give them your blessing?”

“Well, the thing is... She didn’t ask.”

 

And this time, Jihyo was the one who abruptly stopped her walk and frowned at Sharon

 

“Okay I’m confuse.” Said Jihyo

“Instead of asking for my approval, Momo talked to me just because she wanted to introduce herself as Mina’s girlfriend. Impressive, huh?”

That made Jihyo gasped in amazement. “No way… We’re talking about THE Hirai Momo, right?”

Sharon gave her a firm nod, then added, “and what amaze me more, she did this on her own will. Mina didn’t know anything about this.”

“Mina didn’t encourage her?? Like at all?” Sharon shook her head and that made Jihyo wowed, “oh wow... Really didn’t expect that from her.”

“Right?? She’s actually full of surprises...”

 

And after that, they continued their walk again.

“So, does it mean that you’re okay with them dating?” asked Jihyo

“Yes. Yes I am.”

 

There was a silent pause after that and when Jihyo took a glance at her, Sharon was looking at the road with soft smile on her face

 

“You seem happy.” Said Jihyo

“Happy and relieved, I guess? Knowing that Mina is dating a person like Momo….”

Jihyo scoffed a bit and then gave a slight teasing smile to Sharon as she said, “said someone who wanted to do horrible thing just to prevent that to happen.”

“Well, that’s because I didn’t know it was Momo. Yet after everything, I think Momo is qualified to be with Mina and besides... I kinda admire her too.”

“Okay that’s quite unexpected…”

“I mean… Despite she is such a timid person, she still tried her best to tell me this directly. Not to mention she already determined that no matter how my respond is, she won’t care. She’ll be with Mina no matter what. Not everyone braves and stubborn enough to do this, right?”

“Yeah. It shows how genuine and strong her love for Mina.”

“Yup that’s true… Also, I feel a bit relived after knowing that Momo could make my little baby felt so loved.”

“How’s so?”

“Last week, me and Mina had conversation about her crush. Though she didn’t mention Momo’s name, I already have a hunch that it’s her. But anyway, when I asked how her crush treated her, she explained everything with a smile that I’ve never seen before. I don’t know how to describe it but she looked so in loved and happy. So.. yeah….Mina will be okay with her, I guess..”

 

Although Sharon was smiling, but Jihyo could still sense a tiny bit of worry from her. “You admired her and said Momo qualified to be with Mina, yet… You still sound like you’re not so sure about her.”

And Sharon let out a sigh, “It’s not because of her… Momo is great and slightly assured me. But my worries won’t be wiped out that easy… I’m still worried about Mina.”

 

With that, Jihyo suddenly grabbed Sharon’s hand and once again halted their walk,

 

“Hey…They’ll be fine.” Said Jihyo while she gave a gentle rub on Sharon’s hand—to sooth her.

“I know.. But still.. Mina is my little baby.. and with all the things she’s been through since she was a kid? I just can’t help myself not to worry about her...”

“Look, its understandable and your worries are valid. But for now, you gotta trust them and believe that things will be okay. You can’t do anything much about this…”

“Are you asking me to stay away from them and didn’t take part on her life?”

“No, Sharon. What I mean was you shouldn’t intervene their relationship. Let them be. And the best thing you could and must do for her, is giving her full support and let her know that you’d always be available for her in case she needs help. Okay, big sister?”

 

The way Jihyo gently rubbed Sharon’s hand and tried to give her assurance with such a soft smile, made Sharon worries slightly vapored away. The used to be down and full of worries Sharon, finally got her smile back.

 

“You know,” Sharon then went closer to Jihyo and held both her hands, “I’m so lucky to have you in my life..”

“Out of the sudden?” Jihyo asked that while let out a short laugh, trying to ignore the thumps inside her chest that slowly increasing its beat.

“No. it’s not. I’ve always felt like that. Just never got the chance to voice it out loud. So, thank you. For being part of my life.”

 

There was a silent pause after that. Sharon and Jihyo were just staring at each other, but in very different way. Sharon gave a very gentle and warm smile to Jihyo, while the latter was puzzled plus internally freaked out as she tried to decipher the meaning behind Sharon’s expression.

But the longer Jihyo tried to do it, the faster the thump on her chest so, Jihyo became the one who flee first as she immediately pulled away her hands from Sharon’s grip.

 

“Ekhm. Well…S-same here. Thank you too. yeah. Anyways. Shall we go now? I have shift later so if we still want to buy that dress, we have to go now.”  

 

Jihyo tried her best not to sound or looked like she’s nervous. But Sharon is observant and she knew Jihyo was trying to flee from the moment.

 

“Sure. Let’s go.” Said Sharon as grabbed Jihyo’s right hand again and pulled her to walk along side with her.

“Eum... S-Sharon? I can walk by myself.”

“I know.”

 

Jihyo thought Sharon would let go her grip. But to her surprised, Sharon put their clasped hand inside her blazer pocket and said, “but that doesn’t mean we can’t walk together, right?”

 

With Sharon gave her another smile, Jihyo couldn’t let out any other complain and just play along. But despite her heart was beating fast, Jihyo still felt a bit conflicted.

 

“God…Why she always makes it so difficult to ignore this feeling...”

.

.

.

Later that evening,

Jeongnam and Jeongyeon currently in Soul Café, drinking some coffee while hanging out. These two hung out by themselves quite often. All sixteen members are friends with each other, yes. But Jeongnam and Jeongyeon already friends since the 1st year of junior high. So yeah, they are the closest with each other.

Although these days, the infamous 2Jeong—that’s what most of Sixteen’s fans called the duo, rarely hung out together. Thanks to Jeongyeon having new part time job as a bartender in a fancy pub, and Jeongnam hanging out with Sana.

But Jeongyeon knew… the reason why Jeongnam invited her to hang out today, wasn’t because they rarely met. There’s something that Jeongnam wanted to talk about.

 

“So, what’s been bugging you?” Asked Jeongyeon out of nowhere.

“what do you mean?”

“Come on, Myoui. You’re not inviting me just to drink coffee. I know something been bothering you and that’s why you called me.”

“Can’t I just invite my friend to hang out with me?”

Jeongnam let out a sigh and said, “I’ve seen this movie billions time, Jeongnam. You can’t hide it from me.”

 

Knew she couldn’t run away, Jeongnam let out a sigh and finally spilled out the truth. “Okay fine. You’re right. I need your advice.”

“Yoo Jeongyeon here at your service. Ma’am yes ma’am.” Said Jeongyeon as she saluted like a solider.

 

“So um.. Imagine someone you like, kissed you..”

“What kind of kiss?”

“is that important?”

“Yeah? Different place, different sensation?”

“Fine.. Lips to lips..”

“Hm.. Well I’ll be—”

“I’m not finished..”

“Oh.. okay, continue then.”

“After they kissed you, they asked you to give them time so they could figure out their feelings.”

“What?? The audaci—”

“Can you shut up for a second and let me finish?”

“Okay sorry. my bad. Please continue.”

 

“What I’m trying to ask is, what might be your reason if you agreed to wait for that person?”

 

“Truthfully I won’t agree. But if there’s any chance I’d wait for them, then…” Jeongyeon went silent for few second, thinking about the fitting answer. After that she said, “Maybe because that person a good kisser?”

“Other reason please.”

“I don’t think I ha—Wait why you bother ask me this anyway? My answer won’t be relevant. Besides, why don’t you just ask this directly to Sana?”

“Why her? I never said I was talking about her?”

 

Jeongyeon didn’t say anything and just stare at her. It was a flat and emotionless stare, but somehow it could be interpreted as ‘you’re kidding right?’ kind of stare. With that, Jeongnam let out another sigh and admitted it.

 

“Fine. You are right. But I already did ask her about why she willing to wait for me. Then she said it because of the kiss...hence why I asked you that.”

“The kiss? The one that made you and her fight?”

“no…”

Jeongyeon’s eyes grew wide as she said “No way… YOU KI—”

“Sssh!!!” Jeongnam immediately covered Jeongyeon’s mouth, “You’re too loud, .”

“Sorry…”

 

Then Jeongyeon leaned a bit forward on the table as she whispered, “You kissed her again?? When this even happened?”

“When I apologized to her… and… we kinda did it again some other time after that..”

“Whoa… yet you still haven’t figure out your feelings towards her? Poor Sana…”

Jeongnam let out another frustrated sigh, “I know Jeongyeon. I feel bad too for treating her that way. But I’ve never been in this situation before… So, I don’t know.”

 

“Hm.. how about focus more on what you feel to her, rather on finding why she willing to wait for you?”

“I told you. I don’t know.”

“And I’m here to help! First of all, how do you think about Sana?” asked Jeongyeon.

 

“Hm… She’s a bit too clingy and touchy… She also never hesitant to show her feelings which I kinda admire. Then, although she’s so chatty, listening to all her stories are fun… She is caring and sweet… also, I feel calm when she is around. So, I guess… she’s fine?” before she let Jeongyeon talk, Jeongnam added, “and she has the cutest laugh and smile.”

“Cute, huh?”

“ugh please don’t ever tell anyone I said that.”

“sure…” Jeongyeon paused a bit to give a mischievous smile to Jeongnam before she continued, “Okay then, when you kissed her, how do you feel?”

 

Jeongnam didn’t immediately answer Jeongyeon’s question. She had a short moment to recall the memories of her kissing Sana. She tried to remember every second of it.

 

“Nervous and a bit scared… but also excited and addicted. Like my chest was beating so hard, yet I never want the kiss to stop. It gave me warmth and somehow when she kissed me back…” Jeongnam paused as she realized something, “She makes me feel wanted.”

“Damn… that deep huh?”

“Oh come on… You just want to tease me, don’t you?”

“Okay okay I’m sorry! can’t help but tease you a bit. But joke aside.. There might be a chance that she felt the same thing like when you kissed her, no?”

“So you’re saying.. From the kiss, she might also feel like I wanted her?”

“don’t you?”

 

 This time, Jeongnam didn’t give any answer and once again Jeongyeon tried to guide her friend to finally realized her feelings

 

“Let’s make it simple. Imagine if you kissed me or ot—”

“Ew no! why you make me imagine that??”

“Wow that’s rude! Why you sound like you’re so disgusted with the idea?? I’m not a bad kisser you know!”

“God… Just the thought of it already makes me shiver..” Said Jeongnam as she rubbed her arms due to the sudden goosebumps.

Jeongyeon then clicked her tongue as a sign of annoyance, “just so you know, I will never let that happened either. Even if you beg me!”

“Why would I even beg for it??”

 

“Anyways! The reason why I asked you to imagine kissing me or other people, is because I was wondering whether you want to kiss anyone other than Sana or not?”

“You? Definitely not. Other people…” Jeongnam paused a bit as she tried to think about it for a second and then, “no… I guess..”

“Then what if you see Sana kissing or being all touchy with other people? Would you be fine with it? Because if you are, then you don’t have any feelings for her.”

 

With that, Jeongnam started to imagine lots of scenario. If she happened to see Sana being all touchy with other people, Sana being all sweet and caring to other people, Sana kissing other people, and what finally woken up her thought… was the thought of Sana leaving her for other people.

Just imagining those things, Jeongnam felt a very tight and unsettling pain on her chest and when she saw Jeongyeon staring at her with a teasing smirk, she realized it.

 

“oh … Jeongyeon. You are right…”

“What I’m right about?” asked Jeongyeon, still with the same smirk.

“I think I’m in love with her. I think I’m in love with Sana.”

And with that, Jeongyeon’s smirk turned into a genuine smile as she said, “Glad to hear that.”

“Does it mean, I have to confess to her? But.. how? I’m not good at expressing my feelings and I want to reciprocate her feelings as much as hers to me.. But I’m bad at doing it.”

 

Jeongyeon thought for a moment before she said, “How about you sing for her?”

With a frown, Jeongnam said, “that’s lame.”

“No it isn’t? I think Sana is the type of person who love to be serenade. Or maybe write her a song? She’ll love it!”

And that made Jeongnam sigh. “Can you suggest something that less stereotypical? Just because I’m part of a band, doesn’t mean everything is always about music.”

“Well, i thought you shared the same motto with Dahyun… Music is my life.”

 

Jeongnam then grunted as she rolled her eyes, a bit annoyed that Jeongyeon didn’t answer her question more serious. Although the truth is, Jeongyeon really thinks that those two things were a great idea… But in the end, she suggested other thing.

 

“Listen, Jeongnam. You’re never good at talking. Everyone knows that and it’s fine... But you are the talk less, act more type of person and your act is always louder than your words. And I bet Sana knows that already...So instead of just telling her, just show her your feelings.”

“And.. how… am I supposed to do that?”

 

Just when Jeongnam thought Jeongyeon would say something useful, her soft smile changed into another menacing and mischievous grin. She stretched her arm to Jeongnam’s shoulder and said,

 

“By making out and have se—OUCH!” Jeongnam was quick to prevent her best friend to say such scandalous thing in public by stepping her foot, “What was that for?!” complained Jeongyeon

“Shut up. I’m done talking this with you.”

“But it’s a gr—”

“Shut up.”

“Boooo!! No fun!”

 

And just like that, the conversation ends. But surely, Jeongnam’s head keep thinking about the best way to tell Sana about her feelings.


Later that night on the Myoui Household

Right now, Jeongnam and Mina were the only one in the house while Sharon still out. They are playing racing game on the Switch that Jeongnam got from Sharon.

If you wonder whether Jeongnam already forgot about her worries over how to confess to Sana, you are wrong. It still haunts her. In fact, playing with Mina was supposed to be her way to solve this situation.

The initial plan was while playing games, Jeongnam will ask Mina what kind of confession that Sana might like. She could just ask Mina right away, but Jeongnam still feels so awkward talking about this stuff with her sisters especially Mina who is Sana’s friend.

But, Jeongnam always missed the timing because she couldn’t fight her nerves and well… got too immersed into the game as she tried to beat Mina. That’s why the initial plan was long forgotten and now Jeongnam was just enjoy her time playing with her sister.

 

Tadaimaaa~ (I’m home)”

 

That was Sharon who just came home. Despite she was busy with her game, Mina said “Okaeri (welcome home)” to answer Sharon’s greeting with eyes still focus on the game. Meanwhile Jeongnam didn’t even care to reply the greetings..

But none of her sisters realized how cheerful Sharon was. Her greetings sound way brighter than usual, and even she walked towards the living room while skipping—something that the Myoui Sharon rarely does.

Once she arrived at the living room, she plopped herself down on to the vacant seat, and with such happiness radiated from her face she said,

“Hey you two, I got a big announcement.” But to her surprise, her sisters didn’t respond with the same excitement as hers.

 

Both of them was still so immersed on the game. Jeongnam didn’t say a thing, and Mina just calmly asked “what is it?” With this, Sharon then tried to snatch her sisters’ attention.

 

“Hey come on hear me out... This is a big announcement and I bet the two of you been waiting for this!”

“Are you going to move out? Yeay.” Jeongnam said it with a flattest tone.

“Of course not….”

“Welp, it’s not what I’ve been waiting for then.”

“Whatever. Come on you two... Pause the game for a moment and hear me out.”

“Ugh just say it already. We can hear your loud voice anyway.” Complained Jeongnam once again.

“I want to see your reaction too!”

“Wait for a bit okay, Sharon? I’m about to win this soon.” Said Mina.

“Eh?? Just because you’re in front of me, doesn’t mean you’re going to reach the finish line first, Mitang. I’m going to overtake you.” Said Jeongnam

“Hmm…You’re so far behind, Jeongnam. I can’t even see you on the mini map so… try harder?”

 

And just like that, Jeongnam and Mina completely forgot about Sharon and focus on their game again. Sharon wasn’t happy with this situation. But she couldn’t help much… She knew it’ll be useless to force her two gamer sisters to give her attention right now. In the end, she waited on the vacant arm chair.

But after few moments, finally the race ended.

 

“Yeay! 2 wins in a row! Woohoo~” Said Mina happily.

“No need to be that happy little sis. I was just being kind to you, you know.”

“Sure… Arigatou Onee-chan~” Although Mina said that to tease Jeongnam, the latter could only smile and laughed softly because of how adorable and cute her little sister is.

“Let’s do another round. But this time, I won’t go easy on you.”

But before that, Sharon immediately intervened, “hold on! It’s my time to speak now.”

Jeongnam let out a sigh, “Fine. Tell us then.”

 

“Okay so… ekhm. Prepare yourself girls..” Sharon paused a bit, trying to build up the anticipation and curiosity. After she saw her sisters hooked on her, she then said

“I’m in love with Jihyo!”

 

There was a few second of silence after Sharon enthusiastically dropped that news. But after that, Jeongnam and Mina just answered with a hum then they continue their game—completely ignoring Sharon’s announcement.

 

“Wait. What’s with this dry reaction?” Asked Sharon who was so dumbfounded upon the respond.

But none of them even care with it and they just focused back on their game, “Which map do you want to choose?” asked Mina

“Let’s just do random.” Answered Jeongnam.

 

Sharon not amused with the fact that her sisters completely ignored her and just continued their game. So, to gain their attention, Sharon stood in front of the screen and blocked their view.

 

 “Oh come on… move.” Said Jeongnam

“Not until you guys pay attention at me.”

“We heard your announcement already. What do you want?”

“Well, I don’t know.. more excitement, maybe?? Back when I still haven’t realized my feelings for her, you guys kept teasing me with her. Yet now when I finally realized, you acted like it’s nothing?”

 

Seeing how Sharon was actually annoyed with how they reacted, made Mina laughed. Which of course Sharon didn’t happy with it. Even though it was Mina who laugh.

 

“Why are you laughing?” asked Sharon in an annoyed tone

“Calm down Sharon… We’re just messing with you. Of course we’re happy that you finally realized your feeling for Jihyo.”

“Not me th—ouch…” Mina quickly nudged Jeongnam before she could finish what she was about to say.

“You don’t seem surprise nor even care enough about it though.”

“Well it’s true that it doesn’t surprise us because we knew how much you love her, way before you even realized.”

 

Sharon circled her arm on her front, crossed her leg, and with curious yet intimidating look she then asked, “And how do you guys even know about that, yet I don’t?”

“Duh? We have eyes.” Answered Jeongnam

“ugh. I know that. But how? What makes you guys so sure about that?”

“since we were kids, you only want to play with Jihyo. When we have a trip, you only think about what you want to buy for Jihyo. Then when you’re still in US, every time we called each other or we visited you, the first thing you always asked was about Jihyo. So, it’s not new for us. But..” Mina suddenly stood up and walked towards Sharon as she said, “I’m glad that you finally realized it. I’m happy for you.” And she hugged Sharon after that.

 

Of course, this gesture made the used to be sulking Sharon, turned back to her happy mood. She then hugged Mina back and slightly squeezed her—showing how happy she is after hearing what Mina said.

 

“Thank you mitang..” said Sharon.

After that, Mina broke the hug and said, “Care to share your thoughts, Jeongnam?”

“Congrats… I guess.” It sounds flat. But with the way Jeongnam said it, it’s obvious that she just shy. Another classic tsundere Jeongnam mode.

“Not gonna give me a hug?”

Jeongnam scruched her face as she said, “Ew, no.”

And that just made Sharon and Mina laughed a bit.

 

“What makes your dumb brain suddenly realize it though?” asked Jeongnam.

“Well… All those years without her around compare to now, made me realized how hard it was without her and how great my days became when she was around. And everything about her is beyond beautiful. Her face, her heart… Plus she always know the right thing to say and helps me feel calm. So yeah, I love her.”

 

Mina was smiling from ear to ear when she heard Sharon said that. Meanwhile, Jeongnam scrunched her face and regretted her decision to ask Sharon about it. But, Sharon chose not to comment on Jeongnam’s judgy face.

 

“So, when are you going to ask her out?” asked Mina

“Hm? Of course when we don’t have work or any prior appointment.”

“Not that, genius. What she meant was, when are you going to ask Jihyo to be your girlfriend.”

Sharon frowned in confusion after Jeongnam asked that, “I don’t think that’s necessary?”

“eh??” that was both Mina and Jeongnam

 

“You’re joking, right?” asked Jeongnam.

“Do I look like I’m joking?”

“But Sharon… You said you love her? Was it just as friend?” Asked Mina.

“No.. I love her romantically. Woman to woman.”

“But then… why you don’t want to ask her out? Don’t you want to be her girlfriend?”

“Of course I want. But now isn’t the right time. We’re both busy and I—a”

 

Jeongnam immediately rolled her eyes and let out an annoyed grunt as soon as she heard Sharon brought up her job to the conversation.

 

“Great. You and your obsession with your job again.”

“Jeongnam…” that was Mina, giving a warning

“What? She once left Jihyo and even rarely contact her because of it. Yet now she wants to bury her feelings for her because of that damn title she’s been stubbornly chasing on. Poor Jihyo.”

“Hey. Me and Jihyo shared same thoughts okay. She understands that! Besides, both of us didn’t have time to be in relationsh—”

“How do you know that?”

“She said that to me.”

“Really? or was it because you’re the one who bring up the idea that you want to focus on your job and Jihyo had to forcefully follow along? Hm?”

 

Like always, Mina had to deal with this tension between her sisters every time they talk about Sharon’s work. Although it made her a bit uneasy, Mina tried to compose herself and be the middle ground for her sisters—decreasing the tension. How she did it? By simply calling them.

 

Onee-chan tachi…” Mina was just calling both of them with ‘onee-chan’ which means older sister, yet it could melt down the tensions and wiped out all frowns easily from their faces.

“Let’s stop fighting, shall we?” Mina asked in a really soft tone that made both of them nod immediately and smiling from ear to ear.

 

After that, Mina began her explanation.

“You see Sharon… both me and Jeongnam want you to ask Jihyo out because we’re a bit frustrated with how things going on between you two. We’ve seen the tension for so long and we just want you guys to be together. But if you don’t want to be in relationship with her yet, it’s fine. But maybe please, don't hide your feelings from her and made her thinks that you only see her as your friend? You can just confess to her, let her know that you love her more than friends without have to ask her to be your girlfriend."

"What if our friendship would be weird because of that?"

"I promise you it won't. But if you chose to stay silent about your feelings yet you kept being nice, sweet, caring or any other things to her without telling her anything, you might gave her mixed signals and that could ended up badly."

 

Sharon was in deep thought after hearing that yet her expression wasn't as lively and cheerful as previous. Mina who saw this than tried to fix that. "Yet again.. It’s your decision, and it’s okay for you to take your time. You just discovered your feelings for her so just enjoy it for now. No need to rush, okay?”

 

After hearing such long words from Mina, Sharon let out a smile while her eyes getting teary. “Gosh.. our Mitang is all grown up now, huh...” Said Sharon as she hugged Mina once again.

“and both of you need to keep up.”

“Woow…”

 

both Jeongnam and Sharon was shocked with what Mina just said. Sharon even broke her hug right away and looked at her in an utter shock. Meanwhile, Mina was laughing… happy with the savage bomb she just dropped

“Grown up Mina is scary..” and they laughed together. Oh well, Jeongnam being the tsundere she is, chose to keep it cool and hid her laugh.

 

“But anyways, thank you for sharing this to us.” Said Mina

“and thank you for listening.”

 

Maybe because of the vibe that fits to Jeongnam’s circumtances, right now Jeongnam wanted to tell her sisters about her secret too. And since she’s been trying to think about the best way to ask Sana out, maybe her sisters could give her a good advice.

 

“uh… I also have something to say.” And that was Jeongnam. But different with Sharon, she didn’t try to build up some tension or excitement and immediately continued, “I think I’m in love with Sana and I’m planning on confessing to her soon.”

“Aww… Nami-chan already grown up too…”

 

While saying that, Sharon walked towards Jeongnam and wanted to hug her like what she did with Mina. Jeongnam could’ve avoid it. But since Mina also mimicked what Sharon did, she already trapped under Mina’s hug and now Sharon too.

 

“But wait,” Sharon broke the hug, “aren’t you dating her all ready?” asked Sharon

“No. we’re not.”

“You went on a date with her once, no? I helped fixing your fits.”

“ugh… It was just a casual hang out.”

“Hmmmm… casual hang out, huh?”

 

Sharon , but Mina also supported her by giving a very playful smile and that successfully made Jeongnam blushed.

 

“A-anyway… I know that none of you have asked someone out before. But um… Could you give me some advice on how I supposed to do it? I asked Jeongyeon about this before, but her advices were so lame and embarrassing…”

“hm… why don’t you confess your love with song and—”

Sharon's suggestion was quickly cut by Jeongnam, “god not you too. why people love this lame thing? No big no.”

“Why not? Sana seems like a hopeless romantic type for me. Am I right, Mina?” Mina answered it with a nod

“Ugh I won’t do that cliché ..”

“Come on… You’re bad at expressing your feelings and through music, you can express yourself more, right?”

“Agreed with Sharon. It might also make her feel so special too.” added Mina

Jeongnam let out a sigh, “It’s embarrassing. Just the thought of it already gives me lots of cringe chills. I’m fine if one day I ever composed a song about anything related to her. But confessing with live singing? That’s a no no.”

“Well then.. Just tell her how you feel. Even though your words might sound less romantic, but at least you told her what you feel about her and I bet Sana will be happy nevertheless.” Said Mina

“Are you sure?” and Jeongnam received a firm nod from Mina.

“Or you can do that while also giving her a memorable gift. That definitely will make her knows how special she is for you.”

 

Jeongnam didn’t immediately give any respond. She took her moment to think about it and after nearly a minute, she finally said, “Okay.. I might do that.”

Both Mina and Sharon smiled upon that. but their smile grew even wider after Jeongnam said, “And.. t-thanks. For the advice.”

 

Sharon responded Jeongnam’s thanks by engulfing both her and Mina, then forcefully gave kiss on each of their crown,

“EW!! What’s with this sudden cheesiness?? Let me go..” Jeongnam wanted to break free, but it was useless.

“I love you guys so much, my precious little sis.” Said Sharon as she gave another kiss on her sisters’ crown.

“I love you guys too,” Said Mina with her tiny and soft voice.

 

Although it was just a tiny moment, but this made Sharon felt so so happy. She’s been longing this moment for years. Being away from her sisters and even had to deal with Jeongnam’s snarky and cold attitude, made Sharon thought that it’ll be impossible for her to have this kind of moment. But here she is.

If she was already happy and giddy due to her realization about her feelings towards Jihyo, due to this moment, she feels like she is the happiest person alive.



Author's Note:

HI HI! I'M BACK
And finally things starting to go to a brighter direction huh? yeay yeay~

Oh! Previously, i plan this story to end at chapter 24. But i might add a bit more.. But let see!

Anyways! like usual, let me know your thoughts about this chapter on the comment box! If you haven't subscribe this series, please do and if you like it don't forget to click the upvote!

Thank you for always waiting and reading this story! Your support means alot to me~
Please look forward for the next chapter!!

love, Akkergo