nine

violet nights • junhui x minghao
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Soonyoung had made them both another cup of tea. The one he handed to Minghao was strong and hot and had a lot of sugar in it and the four boys sat in silence in the tiny living room. Minghao was clutching at his mug with shaking hands like it was saving his life and maybe it was with its sweet warmth. He was terrified and clung onto it with both hands as it warmed him from the outside and in. He stared at the swirling liquid as he tried to focus on what was happening. He looked up to see Junhui in front of him again holding out a hoodie. Minghao pulled it over his head and hoped Junhui could see the gratefulness in his eyes as he stared at the beautiful boy with platinum white hair.

 

His mind wandered as he stared at him. He was stunning. His face was like it was hand crafted by some mythical god of beauty. His white hair was cut fashionably and his skin glowed with good health and rest. His body looked as long and lean and strong as it had all those months ago when they danced together under the violet glow of a floodlight in what seemed like another lifetime. And when Junhui turned his attention from the Manager and smiled at Minghao he felt his body flooded with another kind of sweet warmth. He knew then and there that Junhui was going to save his life.

 

“I need to know everything.” Seungcheol said. “Yes Sir,” Minghao said quietly as his eyes dropped and he deffered to the older and more senior boy. Seungcheol looked around the room and realised he was talking to him and let out a little chuckle. “You can just call me Seungcheol.” He smiled gently but his smile soon turned to a frown as the boy began to speak.

 

 

“My name is Xu Minghao and I’m seventeen years old. I can sing and dance, bboy, and I have martial arts skills. I’ve been here for just over six months.” He spoke clearly but continued to stare at his hands as his voice flowed tentatively out of him. “It’s my dream to become an idol. It’s all I’ve ever wanted.”

 

“Parents?” Seungcheol asked and he shook his head. “They don’t know I’m here.” Seungcheol sighed wearily. “I guess you’ve got no papers or anything?” Minghao shook his thick mop of too-long hair as he trembled with withdrawal and nerves. “I’ve been sleeping on my friend’s couch for six months. I don’t have a home or any money. I’m here illegally and I have to go to court in 8 weeks.” Minghao picked at a jagged finger nail while he waited to be asked to leave.

 

“What for?” Seungcheol asked and Mighao sighed heavily. “Shoplifting, assault and drug possession.” Tears filled his eyes and he was surprised to feel Junhui’s arm around him as he tried to blink them back. He tried to hold it together but he knew Junhui could feel his body trembling. Whether from fear, cold, or the drugs leaving his system, or an overwhelming combination of all of them, Minghao blinked his tears back and stared up at the roof. He waited to be asked to leave immediately and wondered where he was going to go, if he could go back to Chenle’s or if he would have to sleep in the park, or if somehow as a last resort he could g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter