seventeen

violet nights • junhui x minghao
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Junhui felt it again. It was pulling them closer, drawing them together, the invisible but unmistakeable thread binding them as one. They entered the cold apartment, it was almost colder inside than out in the weather. “Wish the heating was fixed.” Junhui’s teeth chattered as they shed their coats and shoes. He went to the couch and put the tv on and pulled a big blanket over himself while Minghao crashed around in the kitchen. Junhui laughed to himself as he listened to him opening cupboards, knocking into things, items crashing in and out of drawers. The boy was so noisy, it was like living with a toddler, but soon Junhui had a big mug of hot tea placed in front of him.

 

As the tv blared and Minghao laughed loudly under his own blanket Junhui couldn’t stop staring. He was so smitten. Minghao shivered and moved closer to Junhui, his fluffy mop of hair finding its way onto his chest as the other boy entwined their fingers again. Suddenly overwhelmed, Junhui got up from the couch, he had to walk away. He didn’t know what would be worse, to try and push his feelings aside while getting closer to Minghao, or to try to put some distance between them.

 

He was falling too fast too quickly and it was terrifying. He went to the kitchen and leaned heavily on the counter, slowing his breathing, trying to push the overwhelming feeling of panic aside. He couldn’t do this. It would be a death sentence on his dreams. How could he fall in love with his fellow group member? And the guilt that filled him was terrifying. Minghao trusted him. He looked up to him and relied on him. How could Junhui take advantage of that? The poor boy had been through so much already, the last thing he needed was Junhui creeping on him, Junhui couldn’t bear it. He would be no better than Yanan’s guys taking advantage of Minghao’s vulnerabilities.

 

He ran the tap in the sink and splashed the icy cold water on his face. He decided the only thing he could do was try to put some distance between them. He had allowed this to happen, it was no one’s fault but his, and he had to fix it. He needed to make some distance, emotionally and physically, and it had to start now. 

 

“What do you want for dinner?” he asked casually as he grabbed his blanket from the couch and moved over to the armchair. Minghao watched him move, slightly confused as to why he had switched seats, but just smiled his beautiful smile at Junhui’s question. “You choose. You want to order in some food or go shopping?” With Soonyoung out for dinner with his family it would be just the two of them and Junhui decided they should go down the street to get burgers. “You want to go out for burgers?” he said quietly and Minghao nodded enthusiastically.

 

 

Two hours later Minghao was confused. He had a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter