fourteen

violet nights • junhui x minghao
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minghao had four weeks until his court date. Four weeks to prove he had changed his life. Four weeks to find out his fate that hung in the balance. Worst case scenario would be detention. That would be the end of everything he’d worked for. The last four weeks of his life had been the best he’d ever had. He was truly happy and living his dream and the boys who shared his apartment and his life had become so close to him it was like having a real family again.

 

The weeks of rehearsals had paid off for the three when they stood out as the three most prepared and talented of the six backup dancers booked for the job. The female idol they were dancing for was courteous and polite and prepared. And always professional to all of the boys working for her. Except for one. The way she looked at Junhui, the way she ‘accidentally’ brushed past him at every opportunity, the flirtatious looks she threw his way. It didn’t escape the ever watching eyes of Minghao. How could it? His eyes were always on Junhui, when he danced, when he walked, when he was eating or sleeping or scrolling through his phone. He was always watching Junhui.

 

Backstage at the concert the three were sitting around enjoying the moment. They had successfully completed their first paying job. “One day it’s going to be our concert!” Soonyoung’s eyes glittered with all the optimism in the world. “We’re going to be famous and every single person in that stadium will be screaming our names!” Minghao and Junhui smiled at the boy and hoped he was right.

 

Snacks and drinks had been put out on a little table. “You want something Hao?” Junhui asked as he got up and Minghao nodded. “Nah. I’m fine but thanks for asking!” Soonyoung called jokingly to Junhui's retreating back as he wandered over to the table. Minghao watched the idol, tall and beautiful, long dark curls framing her face as she spotted Junhui alone and wandered closer to him. Minghao didn’t miss the flush that spread across Junhui’s cheeks as she leaned in close and whispered something to him. Minghao definitely didn’t miss the piece of paper she slipped into Junhui’s hand with a wink and a smile.

 

 

 

“Here Hao,” Junhui handed the boy a can of Coke and a plate with two little cheese sandwiches and a cupcake. He knew the boy’s childish appetites inside out by now after caring for him for four weeks. He was more than a little hurt when he got no response but a snatch of the plate. He held the can out and Minghao took it without a word. Junhui furrowed his brow and sank onto the couch next to the other boy who was silently stuffing the cheese sandwiches into his mouth. He looked from the silently sulking Minghao to the clueless Soonyoung who just shrugged. He didn’t know what had come over the boy. Maybe he was just tired. They all were and nerves could get easily frayed at the end of a long day. But every second that Minghao was mad at him was a second Junhui couldn’t relax. He didn’t know what to do.

 

Seungcheol arrived soon after to collect them and drive them home. He piled them into the company SUV and frowned at the dour mood surroundi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter