There's Something About You

To You Who Came Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Tori Kelly feat. Ed Sheeran - I Was Made For Loving You


 

“I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.”

- Jaime McGuire


 

“Hey sweetheart, do you know where I put my studio keys?” Chaeyeon asked, scouring every corner of their bedroom.

 

“I can’t seem to find them anywhere.” She added.

 

Sakura remained still on her bed, unmoving.

 

“Saku-chan! Help me!” Chaeyeon shouted.

 

Sakura groaned as she unwillingly sat up on their bed, her hair ruffled and messy. She stared at her wife, her eyes half opened and slightly agitated that she was woken up earlier than she wanted to be.

 

“Did you check the dresser?” Sakura mumbled.

 

“Of course! That’s the first place I checked.” Chaeyeon replied.

 

“The dining table?”

 

“Yea.”

 

“The coffee table in the living room?”

 

“Mmmhmm.”

 

“Your jacket pockets?”

 

“I checked everywhere!” Chaeyeon snapped.

 

“Well then how am I supposed to help you if you already checked everywhere?!” Sakura snapped back as she furrowed her brows and aggressively threw her blanket off herself.

 

Chaeyeon let out a heavy sigh as she felt bad for snapping at Sakura so suddenly when it was her fault for losing the keys in the first place.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m just running late and need to find them quickly.” Chaeyeon softly said as she walked over to Sakura and gently pulled her into her arms.

 

It was an important day today for Chaeyeon. An opportunity had been presented to her to dance with a famous performance group she had admired and some people were stopping by her studio for her audition. She had been nervous and on edge lately and anything could have ticked her off honestly.

 

“I’m sorry too. I should be helping you instead of complaining.” Sakura gently replied, feeling guilty as well for not helping, even though she knew how stressed Chaeyeon had been lately.

 

“Can you remember where you last placed them?” She added as she pulled away from the embrace.

 

Chaeyeon ruffled her hair as she tried to recall the last place she had seen them.

 

“Well, last night when I came home, I had them in my pants pockets after locking the doors. Before we ate dinner, I was going to wash up, but then you came into the bathroom when I was preparing to shower and started messing around. Our clothes ended up getting soaked.” Chaeyeon recalled.

 

“And then I threw our clothes into the washing machine after we were done showering…..” Sakura said, her eyes widening as she realized where Chaeyeon’s keys could be.

 

The girls both rushed into the laundry room and dug out the pair of pants Chaeyeon had worn the day before from the washing machine. Chaeyeon reached into the pants pocket and felt the small metal key she was desperately looking for.”

 

“You are such a klutz.” Sakura snickered.

 

“Hey, this happened because of you and your naughty hands.” Chaeyeon jokingly retorted.

 

•~•

 

After the little fiasco in the morning, their home became quiet again as Chaeyeon rushed off to work and Sakura was left alone to her own devices. Sakura usually works at home, writing a number of articles for different publishing companies that cover a variety of topics. She has been writing film reviews for a while and they have been getting quite a bit of attention due to her unique and thoughtful writing style. She also makes some money on the side through her gaming channel on Youtube. Since she likes to game so much, she thought why not get paid to play games. It also worked out since Chaeyeon doesn’t nag her as much about it anymore. Though, she still gets scolded every once in a while for playing when they have the day off together instead of spending time with her wife. Sakura’s schedule today was pretty free though since she had already wrote a few articles and recorded a few sessions in advance already.

 

Sakura was going to go edit her videos but was feeling a little hungry since she didn’t wake up early enough to have breakfast with Chaeyeon. She walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to see if there were any leftovers from breakfast or the night before but something caught her eye.

 

“You are definitely a klutz.” Sakura giggled to herself as she pulled out a paper bag from the fridge.

 

“You forgot your lunch today.” She added.

 

She opened the bag and took a look inside but only saw a small roll of kimbap that was haphazardly wrapped. She began missing Chaeyeon, as she thought about her wife’s clumsy tendencies. Suddenly, she thought of an idea. Since she didn’t wake up in time to have breakfast with Chaeyeon and she missed her wife already, she thought she’d cook up a few more things and cut up some fruit and go to her studio to have lunch with Chaeyeon.

 

•~•

 

It has been a while since Sakura has been out on a walk by herself, since she’s usually a home body and her work doesn’t require her to get out much. She took in a deep breath of the chilly air and enjoyed the scenery as she slowly made her way to Chaeyeon’s studio. It was autumn during this time of the year. The trees painted the neighborhood in warm colors as the once green leaves began to change to hues of red and yellow.  

 

Maybe I should go on walks more often.

 

She thought to herself until a small gust of wind blew against he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter