Saving Grace

To You Who Came Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Yonekura Chihiro - Friends


 

“I promise to stay. I promise I’ll always be the friend you need.”

- Unknown


 

“Sweety?” Chaeyeon softly called to her wife, but was met with silence.

 

“Saku-chan?” She called again, a little annoyed this time but still no answer.

 

“MIYAWAKI SAKURA!” Chaeyeon yelled, frustrated.

 

“Ahhh!” Sakura replied, agitated as she removed her gaming headphones.

 

“Look at what you did Jjaeyeon, I just died because of you.” Sakura whined as her computer screen turned grey after being shot dead.

 

Chaeyeon was staring at her wife with furrowed brows and arms crossed.

 

“Again, you’re playing again!” Chaeyeon exclaimed.

 

“You’re always at home, on your gaming devices and playing all day.” She added.

 

“That’s not true.” Sakura retorted.

 

“I’m not playing games all the time, only a few times a week. Today is just special since Kang-chan and Yena are off  and they promised to play Apex Legends with me.” She added.

 

Chaeyeon glared at Sakura, dumbfounded that she couldn’t see her own gaming addiction. Sakura was always playing games when she got the chance and Chaeyeon was getting tired of staying at home all the time when she didn’t have dance classes to teach. It’s been a while since they have been out on a date and Chaeyeon wanted to desperately get her wife out of the house and away from her games.

 

“Let’s go out today Saku-chan.” Chaeyeon begged.

 

“I feel like it’s been forever since we’ve gone on a date. I really want to spend time with you when I’m off, but I don’t want to be stuck inside. It doesn’t even have to be anything fancy, even a simple walk around town would be nice. She added.

 

Sakura couldn’t meet Chaeyeon’s eyes as she felt guilty for neglecting her wife on her days off and spending her time with her games all the time.

 

“Hey guys, I’ll play with you again some other time.” Sakura sighed, speaking into her headphone microphone.

 

“I got a date with my hot wife today.” She added with a smile as she exited her game.

 

•~•

 

“Are you getting hungry? Do you want to get a snack somewhere?” Sakura asked Chaeyeon after walking around town for a while.

 

“Sure. Eunbi unnie and Nako’s cafe is nearby, let’s stop by there.” Chaeyeon replied.

 

As they made their way towards the Butterfly cafe and turned the corner, there was a small commotion in front of the shop. The two looked at each other in confusion and quickly rushed over to see what was happening.

 

“How dare you do that to Eunbi unnie!” Nako yelled at a man who was on the floor, afraid for his life.

 

“You better not come here again or else you’ll feel my wrath!” Nako threatened, almost lunging herself at the man, but was being held back by Eunbi.

 

“Get out of here!” Eunib yelled, causing the man to run off with his tail between his legs.

 

The commotion began dying down and the crowd dissipated as Chaeyeon and Sakura reached the front where Eunbi and Nako was. The two were surprised to see the couple there, but still welcomed them inside. Eunbi decided to close the cafe down a bit early today after the incident and seeing how Nako was, she thought it would be best to let her cool off too. Eunbi explained to the couple that the man had been stalking her lately. Eunbi was going to settle it quietly but he overstepped his boundaries today, causing Nako to blow up.

 

“Sorry for causing trouble unnie.” Nako said as she avoided Eunbi’s eyes.

 

“Hey, it’s ok. I would have done the same to him. Thank you for doing it in my place.” Eunbi replied as she patted Nako’s head.

 

“She’s always like that towards people she cares a lot about.” Sakura chimed in.

 

“Saku-chan.” Nako whined, embarrassed Sakura exposed her like that.

 

•~•

 

The girls continued conversing for a while until Chaeyeon and Sakura was ready to move on to their next date activity. Eunbi and Nako said their goodbyes to the couple and began cleaning to close. Even though they’ve lived together and know each other for quite some time now, Nako is still a mystery to Eunbi. Eunbi knows nothing about Nako’s past and often wonders how a cute girl like Nako can be such a thug sometimes. She has also been hesitant about asking Nako about her past, fearing they weren’t close enough or that she would overstep her boundaries, but Sakura’s comment got her highly curious.

 

“Hey Nako…” Eunbi called cautiously.

 

“What’s up unnie?” Nako replied, returning to her cheerful self again.

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

“Of course, go ahead.”

 

“Can you tell me about your past?” Eunbi asked.

 

“That is if you don’t mind of course.” She added.

 

Nako looked at the floor, hesitating.

 

“Never mind. We don’t have to if it makes you uncomfortable.” Eunbi quickly changed her mind after noticing Nako’s expression.

 

“No, it’s ok. I don’t mind telling you.” Nako replied as she pulled a chair out and gestured Eunbi to sit.

 

“What would you like to know?” Nako asked.

 

Eunbi sat in her seat for a while, thinking of the right question.

 

“I guess, why did you become a yankee? You’re such a cute and smart girl, why were you fighting?” Eunbi finally spoke.

 

Nako took a deep breath before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter