To You Who Came Back

To You Who Came Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Sakurako Ohara - 瞳 (Hitomi)


 

“Before the warm world,

She’s confident and beautiful.

Concealing - it’s a cold loneliness

Walking towards the road

She knows she needs to travel.

 

Wishing for;

A deep gaze that captivates

 

Wishing for;

That someone who will truly understand

All her deepest feelings.

 

May I be the one

To understand her?

 

I’ll match your footsteps and walk with you.”

- Lee Chaeyeon


 

(One year later)


 

“Ok, let’s wrap it up for today.” Chaeyeon said as she turned off the music and gathered her students.

 

“Minju-ah, you’re getting better but you need to have more confidence in yourself.” Chaeyeon said to one of her students.

 

“You can’t show off your best if you don’t believe in yourself.” She added.

 

“You should stop crying when the choreography gets a little bit difficult too. It’s a hassle to stop every 2 minutes and wait for you to wipe your tears.” Another student chimed in.

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t help myself, it’s the stress.” Minju replied, tears gathering around her eyes again.

 

“Stop teasing her Chaewon. You were a beat off earlier too.” Chaeyeon reprimanded her, causing Chaewon to pout.

 

“You two should be helping each other since you guys are doing the couple dance for the upcoming competition.” She added

 

“The dance competition is coming up, but I don’t want you guys to wear yourself out ok? Practice hard, but not too hard and with confidence. Also have fun. Don’t stress yourself out thinking about it, just enjoy dancing.” She continued as she dismissed the class.

 

Chaeyeon had quit working at the IZ Protection Agency right after the Jeju trip, and decided to pursue her passion again. Everyday, she would practice until she was able to dance confidently by herself. She thought that if she was able to regain her passion, she could help others as well. She now works as a dance instructor to her own dance studio called, The Blooming Feather. Although it hasn’t been long since it has opened, her studio often gets many people coming in as she offers many courses for people of different skill levels to learn, improve, and compete. Chaeyeon had something she had to do today so she she ended her class earlier than usual.

 

She stepped out of her studio and locked the doors before making her way down the street. She walked around town for a while before stopping in at a cafe. The little bell above the door rang as she opened it and a familiar face greeted her.

 

“Oh, hey Chaeyeon unnie.” Nako said with a smile as she placed an order down at a table.

 

“Hi Nako.” Chaeyeon said.

 

“Is Eunbi unnie in the back?” Chaeyeon asked just as Eunbi came out from the kitchen and through the swinging doors.

 

“Hey Chaeyeon. I got the fresh pastries you called for earlier.” Eunbi said as she handed Chaeyeon the bag full of pastries.

 

“I snuck a couple extras in there for you too.” Eunbi whispered, flashing Chaeyeon a wink.

 

“Thanks unnie.”

 

Eunbi had quit the protection agency too soon after Chaeyeon had left. She went around job hunting, but decided to open a cafe after much thought and her love for pastries. As she was preparing for the opening of the cafe, Nako paid her a visit and thought about joining her. Nako missed Korea and Eunbi a lot after returning to Japan so she decided to quit her protection agency and move to Korea. She also thought that it would be good to start a new life, somewhere where she wouldn’t have her yankee reputation and have to fight anymore. She currently shares an apartment with Eunbi and is the co owner of the Butterfly Cafe. Her thug like demeanor has also gotten better as Eunbi has had an influence on her, softening her in a way. However, her yankee side tends to come out when she has to deal with rowdy or rude customers, or people who piss her off in general. Eunbi has no problems with that since her fighting instincts kicks in too when those situation arises.

 

“Were you guys busy today?” Chaeyeon asked.

 

“No, it’s been pretty mellow so far.” Nako said.

 

“What about you? You ended classes quite early today.” Eunbi said as she looked at the time.

 

“Yea, I have something I want to do today.” Chaeyeon replied.

 

“I’ll talk to you two some other time though.” She added as she walked out the door.

 

Eunbi and Nako looked at each other after Chaeyeon turned the corner.

 

“It’s been about a year now huh?” Eunbi asked as she backhugged Nako, resting her head on top of the small girl's.

 

Nako softly nodded her head, bobbing Eunbi's head along with it.

 

“Has she contacted you at all?”

 

“No…” Nako replied with a frown.

 

“Chaeyeon unnie looks like she’s doing fine, but she’s probably feeling lonely huh?” Nako added.

 

“I’m sure she’ll return soon. Let’s not give up hope, for Chaeyeon’s sake at least.” Eunbi sighed.

 

•~•

 

Before heading home, Chaeyeon had made one more pit stop. Children screaming, laughter, and crying could be heard even before she entered the little yellow building.

 

“Ahhhh it’s Chaeyeon unnie!” One of the little girl screamed as she saw Chaeyeon walking in.

 

“Ooh, and she has food!” Another little girl yelled as she quickly snatched the bag out of Chaeyeon’s hands.

 

“Hey! Don’t hog it all Yujin unnie! Share some with Wonyoungie.” The little girl whined with as she tugged at the older girl.

 

“Is that bread?” A small and quiet voice asked, peeking out from behind Chaeyeon.

 

“Yea Hii-chan. I got some bread for you guys.” Chaeyeon answered as she squatted down to hug the little girl.

 

“Give me!” Wonyoung whined.

 

“I don’t want to!” Yujin teased.

 

The two little girls, began fighting over the bag, getting rougher by the second.

 

“Oh no, they’re fighting.” Hii-chan cried.

 

“Hey! That’s enough! No more fighting you two!” Juri interjected as she grabbed the bag and separated the two girls.

 

“We share with everyone.” Juri added as she opened the bag and handed one each a pastry.

 

“Sorry unnie, I didn’t mean to cause trouble again.” Chaeyeon said as she stood up.

 

“Oh no, it’s fine. The children love when you visit anyway. They just need to learn to behave and share when guests brings them gifts.” Juri replied.

 

“If you’re looking for Yena, she’ll be back soon. She just took Yuri to the restroom.” Juri added.

 

Just as she finished, Yena came in with a little girl in her arms.

 

“Oh, Chaeyeon-ah. Visiting again?” Yena asked as she tried to set the little girl down, but she refused to be let down.

 

“I see little Yuri is still clinging to you.” Chaeyeon said as she walk towards the little girl with a pastry in hand.

 

The little girl took a quick glance at the pastry and grabbed it from Chaeyeon, getting off of Yena and joining her friends who were eating together.

 

“You feeling tired?” Chaeyeon asked as she noticed Yena stretching her tired limbs.

 

“Of course! Running a daycare is no walk in the park you know.” Yena replied.

 

Yena and Juri had opened up Duckie Daycare after Yena failed to look for a job. Juri had outright refused the idea of Yena wanting to join the protection agency, and Yena failed to be accepted anyway so they had to find something else. Yena loved children and children seemed to like her too since she was such a kid at heart, so Juri suggested that they do something involving children, and concluded with a daycare.

 

“I thought you’d be fine since you’re a kid yourself, unnie.” Chaeyeon teased.

 

“Hey, a duck can get tired too.” Yena retorted.

 

“Is this more tiring or is married life worse?” Chaeyeon whispered to Yena with a chuckle.

 

“Oh, married life definitely.” Yena replied as she smiled brightly at the unsuspecting Juri.

 

“Did you come to see me or pay a visit?” Yena added.

 

Chaeyeon paused a moment before answering the latter.

 

“Ah, I’m running late though so I’ll talk to you later ok unnie?” Chaeyeon said as she said her goodbyes to the children and left.

 

Yena watched the girl leave as she sent her off with a bittersweet smile.

 

“You plan on telling her anytime soon? It has been a year now.” Juri said as she stood beside her wife, arms crossed.


 

(Flashback)

 

“Hello?” A groggy voice answered.

 

“Yena? About that favor, can I ask for it now?” Sakura asked.

 

“Unnie, you know what time it is ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter