It's My Turn Now

To You Who Came Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Fujita Maiko - 恋に落ちて (Falling In Love)


 

“Because of Chaeyeon, I was able to open up my heart.”

- Miyawaki Sakura


 

“Kang-chan!” Sakura screamed as she ran towards the girl, wrapping her in a big hug.

 

Kang-chan? Who the heck are you?

 

Chaeyeon thought, slightly uncomfortable as she watched her girlfriend cling to another woman in front of her.

 

“Ah I’m sorry, where are my manners?” The girl said as she walked towards Chaeyeon, hand extended.

 

“My name is Kang Hyewon, Kkura’s-” Hyewon paused, taking a quick glance at Sakura before looking back at Chaeyeon.

 

“Kkura’s friend.” She continued.

 

Chaeyeon shook her hand, feeling suspicious about this ‘friend’ that suddenly showed up to their safehouse unannounced.

 

“What are you doing here Kang-chan? How did you even know I was here?” Sakura asked.

 

“I have my resources, and I just came by to see you for a bit since I was in town.” Hyewon said, flashing her a light smile as she walked towards the door.

 

“You’re leaving already? Stay for a while. We can catch up.” Sakura said, confused with Hyewon’s strange actions.

 

“It’s ok, I’ll talk to you later.” Hyewon replied, before turning her attention to Chaeyeon again.

 

“It was nice meeting you. I’ll see you again, Lee Chaeyeon.” She added as she walked out.

 

The two girls looked at each other, bewildered by the situation that had just occurred.

 

Who is she and how does she know my name?

 

•~•

 

That night as they were preparing for bed, Chaeyeon couldn’t help but wonder about the stranger. There were many questions that occupied her mind.

 

Who was she? What is her relationship with Sakura? How does she know my name? How did she get in here?

 

Chaeyeon continued to stare at the ceiling, going through the unfounded answers to the questions in her head while ignoring Sakura who was upset that she wasn’t getting her cuddles.

 

“What are you thinking of so much that you’re ignoring me?” Sakura asked, pouting.

 

Chaeyeon snapped out of her daze and turned to face Sakura. She stared at the girl, pondering on if she wanted to ask her questions or not.

 

“Is it about Kang-chan?” Sakura questioned.

 

“Your face is like an open book. I can totally read you.” She added.

 

Chaeyeon sighed heavily as she pulled Sakura closer into her arms.

 

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it. Let’s just go to sleep.” Chaeyeon replied as she closed her eyes.

 

“I know you want to talk about it.” Sakura argued as she sat up.

 

“I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable thinking about me and her.” She added.

 

Chaeyeon sat up and heavily sighed again, seeing how more stubborn her girlfriend has become, she won’t be able to persuade her to drop the subject.

 

“She really is just a friend.” Sakura insisted.


 

(Flashback)

 

“Kkura-ya!” Hyewon called to the girl who was sitting by herself in the courtyard, staring blankly up at the sky.

 

“Whatcha doing?” She added as she sat herself down beside the lonely girl.

 

Sakura moved her gaze from the sky to the girl.

 

“You’re here again?” Sakura asked with no emotion in her voice.

 

“Of course I am. Our dad’s are business partners so we’re bound to run into each other.” Hyewon replied.

 

“Plus, I practically live here in Japan now so I won’t be going anywhere any time soon.” She added

 

In fact, their fathers have been business partners since they were little girls and they used to hang out all the time when their fathers met to discuss business. They’ve been quite close and Hyewon is always clinging to Sakura. Sakura often jokes at how she’s like a cat that likes to cling onto their owners, but is also care-free and independent at times. Being in a world where their parents are big conglomerates, it’s hard to find someone you can actually trust and call a true friend, but they were glad to befriend each other.  

 

However, lately after her recent trip back from Korea, Hyewon noticed a drastic change in Sakura. She was cold, distant and depressed, not like the Kkura she usually knows. Everytime she asked what had happened, Sakura would just brush her off and ignore her. She was always sulking and Hyewon was running out of things to do to cheer the girl up. She even bribed her with games, but it hasn’t been working. Hyewon decided to try once more, hoping this time would be different.

 

“You want to come over and play games with me?” Hyewon asked, hoping the gamer would be interested again.

 

“I got the new dlc for Splatoon. It has a bunch of new weapons, maps, and the avatars got some really cute makeovers.” She added.

 

Sakura’s expression slightly changed as Hyewon could tell that she had caught her in her trap this time.

 

“We can stop by the convenience store and buy some umeboshi snacks too if you want.” Hyewon said.

 

“Please, I just want my old Kkura back. I like the happy playful Kkura, not the depressed and sulking one. I only get to see you every once in a while recently since you rarely come out of your house. It’s no fun being stuck at home by myself when I could be hanging out with you.” She added

 

Sakura could tell that her friend was genuinely worried for her. She wasn’t wrong either. Being the way she is now won’t do anyone any good, so she tried her best to cheer up for her friend and her sake as well.

 

I probably won’t be going back to Korea any time soon, and Jjaeyeon…

 

She probably hates me for leaving her and moved on already.

 

I would hate me too if I was Jjaeyeon. I should move on too.

 

Sakura thought, making up her mind to try to forget.

 

(End of flashback)


 

“Really though, Kang-chan really helped me get better when I went back to Japan.” Sakura said.

 

“I mean you saw what happened to me a few days ago when I was depressed. Without her there to help me, I don’t think I’ve even be well enough to walk around today.” She added.

 

“She was kind of weird though.” Chaeyeon said.

 

“She does kind of give off that feeling, like she’s living in her own world, but her intentions are good.” Sakura replied.

 

Chaeyeon felt somewhat relieved that Sakura and Hyewon were just good friends, but she still felt anxious with Hyewon appearing out of the blue like she did.

 

There has to be some other reason she has beside making a little visit to see Saku-chan. I also got a bad vibe from her, like she doesn’t like me or something.

 

Chaeyeon thought to herself, but soon moved it to the back of her mind as her eyes grew weary and fell asleep.

 

Sakura was usually the one to fall asleep first, but she couldn’t tonight. She laid close to Chaeyeon, staring at her peaceful sleeping face.

 

“Thank you for caring so much for me. You’re always so selfless and giving while I’m always receiving.” Sakura whispered.

 

“I know you’re always worrying about me, but you don’t have to do that anymore. I’ll make sure to give you back the whole world and more no matter what I need to do.” She added, as she gently the sleeping girl’s cheek.   

 

•~•

 

♫ Alex Chu feat. Whale - Waltz Lesson


 

“Come here Jjaeyeon.” Sakura called to the younger girl from the living room after moving the furniture to the side.

 

“You want to do more defensive training today?” Chaeyeon asked, puzzled at what the older girl was planning.

 

“Nope. I’m doing something for you today.” Sakura replied as she fiddled with the ipad in her hand.

 

Chaeyeon stood still next to Sakura, trying to take a peak at what she was doing. Sakura refused to let Chaeyeon see what she was up to, so she turn away from her, hiding the screen. Suddenly, some music began playing through the speakers in the room.

 

“What is this?” Chaeyeon asked.

 

Sakura set the ipad down and walked towards Chaeyeon. She grabbed Chaeyeon’s hands and guided them towards her waist. She then placed her arms around Chaeyeon’s neck and looked into her eyes.

 

“I want you to dance again.” Sakura said, causing Chaeyeon to be dumbfounded.

 

“What?” Chaeyeon muttered quietly.

 

“I know how much dancing meant to you. I feel miserable that you stopped dancing because of me.” Sakura replied.

 

“You look more beautiful when you are dancing instead of fighting. I want to see the beautiful dancing Jjaeyeon again.” She added.

 

“And I know this is not your usual girl hip hop dances, but it’s a start, right?” Sakura continued.

 

Chaeyeon stared at Sakura, unable to say anything. She appreciated her girlfriend’s efforts, but she was still feeling hesitant. Her knees began to ache and lose strength as she thought about dancing again.

 

“We’ll take it slow. I’ll support you no matter what or how long it takes.” Sakura reassured Chaeyeon.

 

Chaeyeon took a deep breath and followed the lyrics of the song and Sakura’s lead; taking 1 step, 2 step, 3. As she danced with Sakura in her arms, she could feel the aching slowly decrease and was no longer feeling too bothered about moving her feet to a beat again.

 

“There you go!” Sakura exclaimed, proud that Chaeyeon was making some progress.

 

A smile crept onto Chaeyeon’s face and tears b her eyes, happy that she was able to do something she loved so much again. Sakura looked up from their feet and saw tears fall from Chaeyeon’s eyes, causing her eyes to well up with tears as well.

 

“Sweetheart?” Sakura called as she cupped Chaeyeon’s face, wiping her tears away.

 

“Thank you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter