It Wasn't Meant To Be

To You Who Came Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Tim (팀) - 사랑합니다 (I Love You)


 

“It’s not that we aren’t meant to be together, I think that we’re just not ready for forever.”

- Unknown


 

“Do you have everything packed and ready to go Saku-chan?” Chaeyeon asked as she checked through her belongings one last time.

 

“Yea, I’m ready!” Sakura replied as she came out of the bedroom carrying a pink backpack and a small duffle bag.

 

The couple was heading to Busan for a dance competition that Chaeyeon’s students were taking part in. Chaeyeon wanted to go to support her students but didn’t want to leave Sakura at home alone for 3 days knowing she’ll just play games all day, so she asked Sakura to come along with her. Sakura declined at first, but caved when Chaeyeon wouldn’t stop being weird and bugging her about it. Plus, she couldn’t resist how cute her wife was being and it was a chance to travel the country, so she reasoned that it wasn’t too bad to tag along. As they made their last preparations and got ready to head out, they’re doorbell suddenly rang.

 

“Are you expecting anyone?” Chaeyeon asked, looking at Sakura.

 

“No. I don’t know many people here so there shouldn’t be anyone looking for me.” Sakura reasoned.

 

“Maybe it’s the neighbors or a door to door salesman.” She added.

 

The doorbell rang again followed by more rings, each time becoming quicker, as if the person on the other side was spamming the button.

 

“I swear that better not be Yena.” Sakura grumbled, agitated as she headed towards the door and opened it.

 

A figure suddenly rushed in as the door opened and tightly clung onto Sakura. Chaeyeon panicked seeing the stranger rush into their home and attaching themselves to her wife, but quickly calmed down as soon as she realized who it was.

 

“Ugh…” Sakura groaned.

 

“Kang-chan, let me go. You’re hugging me too tight, I can’t breath.” She added.

 

Hyewon released the girl only to hug her again seconds later after taking a look at Sakura’s face. Meanwhile, Chaeyeon was off to the side with her arms crossed, staring holes into the two and boiling with jealousy.

 

Seriously?! Right in front of my salad again…..

 

Chaeyeon thought before loudy clearing , causing Sakura to forcefully push Hyewon off her. Hyewon reluctantly let go while avoiding Chaeyeon’s eyes.

 

“Are you doing ok? Is Chaeyeon treating you well? Is she starving you? You look a bit thinner since I last saw you.” Hyewon asked, causing Chaeyeon to give her death glares again.

 

“You want to be my wife instead? I’ll make sure you’re well fed and cared for.” She added, teasing Sakura.

 

“Kang-chan!!!” Sakura yelled, furrowing her brows.

 

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding.” Hyewon amusingly replied.

 

“What are you doing here Hyewon?” Chaeyeon suddenly asked.

 

“Ah, I’m in town for a business meeting and thought I’d swing by.” Hyewon replied.

 

“Oh, you should have told us you were coming. We’re going out of town for the next few days.” Sakura said as she pouted.

 

“Yea, Yena told me. I wanted to surprised you.” Hyewon said.

 

“It’s fine though, I’ll just hang out with Yena while I’m in town. I’m glad I caught you before you guys left though. We’ll just plan to meet up some other time.” She added.

 

After saying their goodbyes, the couple got in a taxi and headed off to Seoul Station while Hyewon headed off to meet another friend.

 

•~•

 

“Hyewonie!!!!!!” Yena screamed as she rushed towards her for a hug.

 

“Long time no see.” Hyewon happily replied.

 

Yena was off today so Hyewon came to visit her at her home.

 

“Were you able to see Sakura unnie and Chaeyeon before they left?” Yena asked as she released Hyewon from her embrace.

 

“Yea just for a little though since they were just about to leave when I arrived.”

 

The two sat in the living room and conversed over some snacks and drinks. Hyewon had been busy with the business that M-San had intrusted her with, working and traveling nonstop to make sure the business was doing fine. Even though she’s been busy, Hyewon still takes some time off to play online games with Yena and Sakura here and there. She’s glad she has friends who can take her mind off of work every once in a while.

 

“Too bad Sakura unnie had to leave when you had time to come hang out with us.” Yena said.

 

“You probably really miss her huh?” She added.

 

“Of course, I’m always missing her.”

 

“Did you about being your wife again when you met her this morning?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter