09.

Through your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

˜”*°•.˜”*°•09•°*”˜.•°*”˜
_________________________________________________

◉●❀●◉

 

Chaeyeon watches in confusion as the girl continued to grin at her. She wonders who this girl is and why she is giving her such a suspicious smile. Before her head could further produce outrageous thoughts, the mysterious stranger finally opens .

 

 

 

"I'm Wonyoung, nice to meet you…?"

 

 

 

Chaeyeon sees that the girl is waiting for her to say her name back. Which made Chaeyeon cautious, but the way this stranger is looking at her, urging her with cheeky eyes and smile, Chaeyeon relents. "Chaeyeon"

 

 

 

This makes the girl grin wider, "Nice to meet you, Chaeyeon unnie!"

 

 

 

Chaeyeon does not know what to say; does she know her? She was taken aback by her demeanor, but at the same time, she felt curious as to what she's hiding behind that grin. But before she could voice out what she thought, the girl beats her to it.

 

 

 

"Oh! Unnie!" Wonyoung suddenly exclaims, putting her hands together in excitement, the sudden action startles Chaeyeon as she takes a step back.

 

 

 

But Wonyoung seemed to ignore or does not see Chaeyeon's surprise as she continues to say, "What time do you get off work?"

 

 

 

Chaeyeon does not know what compels her to answer, but she did, "I still have 6 hours."

 

 

 

Wonyoung pouts, placing her fingers on her chin in a thinking gesture. Chaeyeon watches as Wonyoung looks at her watch, seeming to calculate something. "Hmm. Okay, I'll just come back at 7, unnie. See you!"

 

 

 

Chaeyeon's eyes widen, "Huh?"

 

 

 

She remains stunned as she watches Wonyoung runoff.

 

 

 

"What the hell just happened?"

 

 

◉●❀●◉

 

 

"Unnie, wake up."

 

 

 

"Leave me alone, duck!" Sakura swats Yena's hands as she turns away from the girl. She does not know why Yena is annoying her again, but she's so tired and just wants to sleep.

 

 

 

"Unnie, come on, wake up. Chaeyeon told me to make sure you eat."

 

 

 

It takes a while for Sakura to register what Yena says, Chaeyeon? …. but once she does, her body instantly sits up, startling Yena, who was sitting beside her and causing her to fall on the floor.

 

 

 

"What are you doing, unnie!" complains Yena as she struggles to stand up.

 

 

 

Sakura ignores her as she scans the room, she searches for her phone, taking it from her nightstand opening it and saw that it was almost noon. "Where is she? Did she come home?"

 

 

 

Yena observes her friend's frantic actions, curious why Sakura is frenzied. Perhaps they had something planned? Is that why Chaeyeon apologized on the phone?

 

 

 

"No, she didn't come home. But she called you. She said she's sorry, and she'll be home soon," Yena informs.

 

 

 

The frown was evident in the model's face before it changes to a stoic expression, trying to shrug off what she had learned. Yena watches her; she was debating whether to say what's on her mind. Ever since yesterday, the model has been acting strange. But, Yena held back because she didn't want to deal with the model's tendency to lash out when questioned. However, the curiosity eventually wins as Yena opens . "Did something happen between you two?"

 

 

 

Sakura recoils she knows Yena notices, but she still has no idea what it is herself, so she doesn't know what to say to her. "I just need to talk to her first, okay?" she says, at least to appease Yena's growing curiosity.

 

 

 

Yena opens to oppose but thought better of it and nods and gives her an understanding smile instead. Sakura felt thankful as she returns the gesture with an 'I'll tell you, just not right now' look. Yena responds by standing up and walks to the door, but before she leaves, she looks back at the model who was already in deep thought.

 

 

 

"Come on, let's eat, she said she'll be home later, so it's better to wait with a full stomach. Plus, she'll be mad at me if you don't eat."

 

 

◉●❀●◉

 

 

Chaeyeon was busy putting packets into the shelves, but from to time, she would look at the entrance of the store. Then she'd go back to stacking before looking back again. Her coworker Hitomi finally speaks up about her unnie's peculiar actions.

 

 

 

"Unnie, you're going to break your neck if you don't stop."

 

 

 

Chaeyeon turns her neck quickly towards Hitomi, "Huh?"

 

 

 

The action makes the younger facepalm, that is even worse. "Are you looking for someone?" the girl asks.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon does not want to admit, but the appearance of the tall girl earlier has been bugging her. Even telling her that she will come back. Plus, the thing with Sakura. Chaeyeon is in a mixture of emotions.

 

 

 

"No, just excited to go home. Thank you for covering for me, though, Hii," she says, taking the last packet and putting it on the shelf.

 

 

 

"No problem, Chaewon unnie told me about it, and I happen to be free today," says Hitomi

 

 

 

Chaeyeon turns her neck back at Hitomi, Chaewon???" she wonders when did those two get close.

 

 

 

"Unnie, stop that, your neck…" Hitomi says exasperated

 

 

 

Chaeyeon grins guiltily, "Sorry, hehe. So Chaewon??"

 

 

 

"Ah, Right, Well, Chaewon unnie has been eating lunch here for a couple of days now. And we talk," says Hitomi, as if it made sense to Chaeyeon about Chaewon's unusual actions.

 

 

 

Hitomi seemed to see something change in Chaeyeon's face when the girl asks, "Did I say something bad?"

 

 

 

Chaeyeon immediately shakes her head, quickly rebuffing Hitomi's claim, "No. No. It's just a Lil bit surprising from Chaewon, but it's fine."

 

 

 

Hitomi tilts her head and thinks for a while. "Hmm… Okay, Chaewon unnie did say that she doesn't normally talk to someone first unless she needed to."

 

 

 

Chaeyeon nods, agreeing, recalling when they first met. She was just a few weeks in the city and was just hired. She didn't know where to go as she was nervously looking around the place. She saw Chaewon looking at her weirdly, and she attempted to wave, only to be ignored. It wasn't until they were finally face to face, did Chaeyeon finally manages to talk to her. And yet, Chaewon was still distant then too, which makes this amusing to Chaeyeon. "You must be pretty special, Hii."

 

 

 

Hitomi blushes as she turns away and says, "Let's go back to work, unnie."

 

 

 

The rest of the shift went on as usual. She was arranging stocks, managing the counter, cleaning the floor. Just all in the days work for Chaeyeon. And she didn't even notice that time had flown by quick. Her shift went by until it was only minutes before the hand turns seven on the clock, and Chaeyeon becomes anxious about going home. She does not know if Sakura is mad or not and hopes she isn't. But Chaeyeon could not blame her if she is; after all, she made her wait all night.

 

 

 

As the clock strikes 7 pm, Chaeyeon says her byes to Hitomi as she finally steps out of the store. She rummages her bag for her phone, eventually turning it on. As soon as the screen turned white, it immediately vibrates in her hand. She opened it and saw that there was a message from 5 hours ago.

 

 

 

"Don't worry; I'm not mad. I'll be waiting today too. So, come home fast."

Saku Chan (12:34 pm)

 

 

 

Chaeyeon felt relief knowing that Sakura isn't mad, but she felt even guiltier because of it. She immediately calls the model as she was walking towards the bus stop. She needed to make it up to the girl. It didn't take more than a minute before Sakura's voice enters Chaeyeon's ears.

"Chaeyeon, ah!"

 

 

 

Chaeyeon giggles at Sakura's high-pitched greeting. "Hi, Saku chan."

 

 

 

She could feel Sakura moving before she could hear her voice again, "Where are you?"

 

 

 

"Shift just ended; I'm com---"

 

 

 

"Chaeyeon?!?"

 

 

 

Sakura looked at her phone and saw that the call had ended. Panic immediately rises as she tries to call the girl again. Her fear intensified when there was no answer. Sakura stands up readying her self to leave

 

 

 

Her heart is pounding, and her head is a mess. A lot of scary things keep running in her mind. When she was just about to reach for the door, her phone lights up, indicating a new message. She checks it in lightning speed and breathes a sigh of relief when she read what it contained.

 

 

 

"Saku chan, I'm so sorry, something came up. I'll be home after dinner. Wait for me a little bit longer? I'm sorry."

Jjaeyeon (7:27 pm)

 

 

 

Sakura sighs as she places a hand on her chest. Chaeyeon's okay. She'll be home soon. Stop worrying. Sakura tries to calm her self by focusing on that thought. It takes her time to do so before another message comes in.

 

 

 

"Saku chan? I'm really sorry."

Jjaeyeon (7:28 pm)

 

 

 

Sakura walks back to the couch and types in her reply. "Okay. No worries." After she sent it, she leans back on the sofa, resting her head. "And, now we're back to the waiting game," she sighs.

 

 

 

◉●❀●◉

 

 

 

Wonyoung pulled Chaeyeon's hand so hard that Chaeyeon felt disoriented when they arrived at this very fancy restaurant. Ori Gami is one of the most talked-about Japanese cuisines in Seoul. And it looks expensive. This is also one of Wonyoung's favorite places.

 

 

 

When Wonyoung releases her hand, Chaeyeon could finally catch her breath. "Wha?... she huffs, crouching down, hands on her knees. As she was in the process of controlling her breathing, Wonyoung had already sat down, clearly familiar with the place.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stands up and finally manages to look around the place. Her eyes go wide and mouth wide open as she takes in her surroundings. What in the world… She turns her eyes back to Wonyoung, and she noticed the girl is already looking at the menu.

 

 

 

"Why are we here?" she asks.

 

 

 

Wonyoung looks at her, confused but smiled anyway, "To eat, of course."

 

 

 

"But, Wonyoung ssi, I don't think I have the money for this. It's too fancy!" Chaeyeon says, fearing she might not have enough cash on her to pay for their meal.

 

 

 

"Just call me, Wonyoung! You're too formal, unnie." She giggles, "And don't worry. This one's on me. Just pick whatever you like, and I got it." Wonyoung reassures Chaeyeon. She wants them to have a good time. And she has money to spend on it, anyway. So, why not? "So, come and sit."

 

 

 

"What?! We barely know each other. Why take me to dinner?" Chaeyeon asks, still continued to stand, looking at Wonyoung like she grew two heads.

 

 

 

But Wonyoung remained calm as she stands up and tugs on Chaeyeon's arm, pulling her to the chair, "That's why we're here. I'd like to get to know you! And you know what they say, 'The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach." She winks

 

 

 

"But why?" Chaeyeon is still confused about what is happening, and she doesn't know how to react. She doesn't want to be impolite as she can see the enthusiasm in Wonyoung's actions.

 

 

 

"I was wondering why, too, but then I thought 'you're pretty.'" Wonyoung jokingly stalls to lengthen their conversation.

 

 

 

"How old are you, anyway? Where are your parents? Don't you have a curfew?" Chaeyeon's confusion shows at the sudden splurging of questions.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter