10.

Through your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

˜”*°•.˜”*°•10•°*”˜.•°*”˜
_________________________________________________

◉●❀●◉

 

 

The sun finally rises as its rays hit the side of the face of the girl currently wide awake, sprawled on her bed and staring at the ceiling. Her headphones still on her head, and the bags under her eyes show that she was up all night.

 

 

 

Sakura could not get a wink of sleep. She kept remembering the kiss from three days ago and how the other person she did it with does not seem to remember. She sighs as she tried to think of the good parts of Chaeyeon, not remembering.

 

 

 

They can still continue being friends, no awkwardness. Yeah, that’s a good thing, right? But Sakura can’t help but feel the small, tiny bit of disappointment from the bottom of her heart.

 

 

 

Her thoughts were obviously interrupted when a knock is heard and her door opening and Chaeyeon’s head popping in. Just like every morning.

 

 

 

“Hey Saku Chan, Good morning,” she greets the girl smiling, “Breakfast is ready.”

 

 

 

Sakura sits up and nods, “I’ll be there.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon smiles back as she moves to close the door, but then Sakura calls her back, stopping her as she looks towards Sakura again.

 

 

 

Sakura opens , but shakes her head, “Good morning Chae.”

 

 

 

“Oh, okay,” Chaeyeon giggles as she closes the door.

 

 

 

Sakura facepalms her face, “I’ve got to stop this.”

 

 

 

Sakura finally leaves her room and saunters over to the kitchen. She notes that Yena wasn’t there yet when she only sees Chaeyeon busy in the kitchen. She takes her usual seat quietly while she was still trying to adjust to waking up. As soon as she sat down, Chaeyeon comes and places a plate with toast and bacon and her favorite cheese omelet in front of her as well as a cup of iced coffee.

 

 

 

Sakura smiles at the gesture as she looks up at Chaeyeon, who was also smiling, “Thanks.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon shrugs as she finally takes the seat opposite her with her own plate and cup of coffee. She starts eating, but as she was midway to her second bite, she notices Sakura was quiet and appeared to be in deep thought.

 

 

 

“Are you okay, Saku chan?”

 

 

 

Sakura finally looks up and gazes towards Chaeyeon. As soon as two eyes connect, the tension suddenly rises. It was as if both wanted to say something, but both can’t seem to say it. Sakura reaches a hand suddenly as if she was hypnotized; she reaches forward towards Chaeyeon, who was rendered immobile at sight.

 

 

 

Once skin contacts skin, Chaeyeon unconsciously stops breathing, she could feel her cheeks heating up as Sakura wipes at the corner of her lips. Sakura’s hand lingers for a second as Chaeyeon release a breath, only then did Sakura wake up from the spell she was just in and her eyes widen at her current position, she moves back instantly, hand immediately on her side.

 

 

 

“Sorry! I— she clears , there was something on your face,” she explains as she tries to control her beating heart.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon was no different as she too tries to control her heartbeat. “ahh... Thank you, Saku chan, woo I’m so thirsty” she reaches towards the glass of water and drinks it in one shot.

 

 

 

The tension is palpable, and it seemed like it won’t go away as the two continue to avoid looking at each other.

 

 

 

They are only saved when Yena finally emerges from her room, rubbing her eye as she makes her way to the table.

 

 

 

“Good morning, you two,” she says, yawning as she nears the table.

 

 

 

But before Yena could even take a seat, Chaeyeon suddenly stands up, surprising both Sakura and Yena, “I’m gonna go get ready, I’ll be late for work,” she announces as she immediately leaves towards her room.

 

 

 

Yena watches in surprise at Chaeyeon’s sudden exit, she tilts her head confused “I think she has to do number two” she speculates, when Sakura does not reply, she turns towards the model eyebrow raised, “Right, unnie... Now, what’s wrong with you?”

 

 

 

“Nothing. Just shut up and eat duck.”

 

 

 

Yena becomes more confused, “what the hell did I do?”

 

◉●❀●◉

 

Chaeyeon was walking towards the convenience store, her thoughts occupied by what happened this morning. Not only this morning but the very thing she had wanted to avoid thinking about. Ever since that kiss, everything seemed to have changed. Chaeyeon is hyper-aware of the model more than the average.

 

 

 

And she just lied about it too. She does not know what to feel. Everything is a mess. Last night was the perfect chance for Chaeyeon to understand what happened between them, but once Sakura brought it up, she could feel the fear. She does not know where it came from, but she was so scared, and her instincts just told her to lie.

 

 

 

She does not know what the kiss means. She has never felt this way before. And that was her first kiss. In her 20 years of life, that was the first time she has ever kissed anyone, and with a girl? Chaeyeon is baffled.

 

 

 

She finally arrives at the store, pushing open the door only to bump into someone who was standing by the door.

 

 

 

“I’m so sorry—” she bows and starts to apologize immediately, she raises her body and is instantly stunned.

 

 

 

“Chaewon?”

 

 

 

“Yo.”

 

 

 

“Why are you here?”

 

 

 

Chaewon scratches at her cheek before shrugging. “Why are you here?”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon raises an eyebrow at her friend ignoring her question, she asked her first, but something about pointing that out to Chaewon right now does not seem a good choice, so she answered her instead “Well since Hitomi covered for me yesterday, I took her shift for today.”

 

 

 

“Ahh… I see”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stares at the girl, she wants to say something. But it felt like it’s not her place, she figured Chaewon would tell her when she wants to.

 

 

 

“Well, I’m gonna go start my shift. Will you be staying?” Chaeyeon asks as she watches Chaewon lingering, looking around the shop.

 

 

 

Chaewon turns to her, “So, Hitomi won’t be coming?”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon was curious but nodded anyway, “Yeah.”

 

 

 

“I see…”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon observes the girl, noticing her weird expression, it looked like she was disappointed. After mulling it over, Chaeyeon decides to ask after all. “Hey, Chaewon ah, Are you—”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon’s next words were stopped by the sound of her phone; she looks at it and tilts her head. It was an unknown number. She curiously answered.

 

 

 

“Hello?”

 

 

 

“Is this Lee Chaeyeon?”

 

 

 

“Yes, this is she. May I know who’s calling?”

 

 

 

“Good. This is Yabuki Nako of Produce Izone and…”

 

 

 

Chaewon watches as Chaeyeon’s face changes, as her eyes light up, mouth agape. Once the girl turns to look at her, Chaewon knew then that it was something good.

 

 

◉●❀●◉

 

Sakura was on her third win streak when she felt thirsty and decides to go to the kitchen to get another glass of cola. Her phone rings as she was pouring the cola in her glass. She looks at it, hoping it was Chaeyeon but frowns when she saw who it was.

 

 

 

“Hello?”

 

 

 

“Wow, I didn’t know you missed my voice so much,” the caller says sarcasm very blatant.

 

 

 

Sakura rolls her eyes as she continues to pour in the cola, “What is it, Nako?”

 

 

 

“Is that the way you should talk to someone who’s going to give you good news?”

 

 

 

Sakura’s movements stop as all her focus goes into the girl on the other line.

 

 

 

“Glad I finally got your attention.” She could hear some rustlings on the other line; it seemed like the girl was walking. “So, I saw her work.”

 

 

 

Sakura waits without saying anything; she knows Nako loves being overly dramatic. She won’t deny that she is nervous; she does not know what Nako would say. Although she thinks Chaeyeon is talented, Nako is unpredictable and loves to make Sakura suffer.

 

 

 

“I’ll hire her,” she finally says after a while. Sakura releases the breath she didn’t know she was holding, as she leans back, Nako continues, “She has a lot to learn, but she has potential.”

 

 

 

Sakura stops herself from saying what she truly thinks about Chaeyeon’s talents as she clears to appear unfazed, “Thank you, Nako.”

 

 

 

Nako hums

 

 

 

Sakura suddenly felt the need to see Chaeyeon right there and then, she wanted to tell her how happy and proud she is, Sakura wants to see the beautiful smile etch on Chaeyeon’s face. And imagining it, makes her feel warm, but obviously, things just don’t go her way, especially if Nako is involved.

 

 

 

“Now that, that is done, it’s time for you to hold up your end of the deal.”

 

 

 

Sakura frowns, right… she almost forgot about the deal, getting the bad news after the good news is typical Nako style. The young CEO just couldn’t wait, huh. “What? Right away?”

 

 

 

She could imagine Nako rolling her eyes, “What’s the use of delaying something that’s bound to happen? Come to my office now, and we’ll talk specifics, bye”

 

 

 

And the call ended just like that that Sakura barely had time to reply. She stares at her phone until it turns da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter