11.

Through your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

˜”*°•.˜”*°•11•°*”˜.•°*”˜
_________________________________________________

◉●❀●◉

 

 

“Eh? She’s leaving? Today?” Yena remarks, leaving her spoon in the air halfway to her bite. She puts it down as she fixates her gaze towards the model.

 

 

 

Sakura only shrugs as she continues to eat her breakfast, “Why are you so surprised. It has been two weeks. That was the plan, right?”

 

 

 

Yena stays quiet as she watches Sakura, taking note of the girl’s seemingly relaxed attitude.

 

 

 

“Yeah, I mean, I knew that. But, it’s just sad,” comments Yena as she puts down her spoon on her plate. “Where is Chaeyeon, anyways?”

 

 

 

“She’s on her way to meet Nako probably for her first project.”

 

 

 

Yena looks at her and hums, “Right, that’s why you guys were celebrating last night” she turns to the bottle of wine left on the living room table. “Ah… man, I missed drinking with you guys again.”

 

 

 

“I was the only one drinking, though.”

 

 

 

Yena appears shocked, “But, Chaeyeon’s face was red too when I got home. I thought that was why she immediately left for her room when I got home.”

 

 

 

Sakura’s hands stop as she remembers what happened last night. They were so close, so close that, just a little bit more and… and what? What were they doing anyway? She couldn’t help but think that if that rude girl hadn’t called, what would’ve happened then?

 

 

“So, we aren’t getting home-cooked meals like this again?” says Yena interrupting Sakura’s thoughts.

 

 

 

Sakura snaps back and rolls her eyes as she stands up, taking her plate. “What is Chaeyeon to you? A mom?”

 

 

 

“Of course not! She’s a really good friend.” Yena quickly replies as she picks up her spoon again.

 

 

 

Sakura does not say anything as she makes her way towards her room. But before she could twist open the knob, Yena asks her, “How about you unnie? What is Chaeyeon to you?”

 

 

 

Yena could see the model’s tense posture, the way her shoulder turned rigid until it softens. Yena thought she would ignore the question but was surprised when the girl turns around, “She’s a good friend too, of course.” with that, as if nothing happened, she disappears behind the door.

 

 

 

◉●❀●◉

 

 

Nako was busy on her phone when her secretary knocks on the open door of her office. Nako turns, and there she saw the girl beside her secretary. She gestures for her to come in and giving the sign to close the door to her secretary.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon walks over with steps a bit more confident than the last time she was here. She was still nervous, but her being here means that she had successfully impressed Ms.Yabuki. And that little detail made her braver. Once she nears, Nako raises a finger, a gesture that says to give her a minute.

 

 

 

“Yes, that sounds good. Okay. Thank you.” once Nako puts the phone down, she turns her gaze towards Chaeyeon with a smile.

 

 

 

“Please sit, Ms. Lee.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon does what she’s told, taking the seat on the right. “Good morning Mam.”

 

 

 

Nako raises an eyebrow, as she places her arms on the table, resting her chin on her hands. “Now, you are making me older this time?”

 

 

 

“I didn—” Chaeyeon immediately stands up, apologizing. “I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

Nako chuckles, this girl is very innocent and inexperienced. “Calm down. Just call me Nako.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon nods, and Nako smirks, “Now, let’s talk business.”

 

 

 

Once Chaeyeon gets on the elevator, this is when someone takes the opportunity to go inside the office, taking the seat that Chaeyeon had vacated. Nako does not bat an eye as she focuses on the papers in front of her.

 

 

 

“Unnie, why didn’t you assign Chaeyeon unnie to take my pictures?”

 

 

 

Nako does not raise her head but replies, “Just because I hired her, doesn’t mean she’s ready for a solo photo shoot.”

 

 

 

The girl does not say anything, yet a pout quickly appears on her face. Nako looks up for a second before rolling her eyes, “You know that doesn’t work on me, Wonyoung ah.”

 

 

 

“But…. I like Chaeyeon unnie…”

 

 

 

“I know you do, but she needs to learn first, and Yoona unnie is a great photographer, she’ll guide her well. She came from here, after all.”

 

 

 

“She’s already great; did you forget her portfolio?” argues Wonyoung feeling overly protective of Chaeyeon.

 

 

 

“Of course, I didn’t. That’s the reason I hired her in the first place. But that portfolio is not perfect. She has the talent, but her skills are still lacking.”

 

 

 

“But… an assistant photographer for a reunion dinner party of some old people? How can that help her learn? She needs to learn how to take photos of models, right?”

 

 

 

Nako raises an eyebrow as she crosses her arm, “Now, don’t underestimate a job no matter how big or small it is. Just because she’s not taking pictures of models does not mean she can’t learn.” She sighs at Wonyoung’s clueless face, clearly not understanding the logic behind it, the girl is still a kid after all. “Being a photographer does not necessarily mean one only has to take pictures of models or a beautiful view. Being a photographer means being able to capture a moment and keep that moment to last forever.”

 

 

 

When Wonyoung stays silent, Nako sighs as she leans back on her chair. She knew that there was something that Wonyoung saw with Chaeyeon that the girl likes. This is the first time the girl actually requested someone to take her pictures, and just with that, she knew Chaeyeon is special. But she wants Chaeyeon to prove what both Sakura and Wonyoung saw in her, no she also wants to see what she herself saw in her.

 

 

 

But Wonyoung is still young, her idea of a photographer is based on her experience, doing photoshoots for people like her. Nako feels like Chaeyeon will not stay in that one lane. That girl has a lot of potential; she can go a lot of ways. “Okay here’s the deal, if she does well on this job, I’ll assign her to you,” said Nako, relenting.

 

 

 

This immediately wiped away Wonyoung’s frown and was replaced by a wide grin, “I know she will do great.” Says Wonyoung as she stands up, satisfied as she walks towards the door. She was thinking of calling her Chaeyeon unnie to hang out; she wants to give her a little celebration about getting hired.

 

 

 

But before she could leave, Nako calls her attention, who was back to her papers, “Don’t be too late. You have a schedule tomorrow.” Said Nako, clearly knowing what Wonyoung was planning on doing.

 

 

 

“I won’t” Wonyoung salutes her and finally leaves the office. Nako really sees right through her.

 

 

 

When Wonyoung left, Nako grabs Chaeyeon’s portfolio again. Looking at it as if she could see what it is that they find so special. She does not know it yet, but she somehow could feel that Chaeyeon will be one of the best photographers out there. And she feels quite pressured to be one of the people who’ll help her get there.

 

 

 

She leans back on her chair, swivels it around to face the window and sighs. Just what kind of girl did Sakura pick up?

 

 

◉●❀●◉

 

 

Chaeyeon was on her way to the convenience store, deciding to stop by at the place first before going back home. She needs to give her one-week notice to the manager. After getting her first project, she does not think she can work at the convenience store at the same time.

 

 

 

Although her project does not start right away, it seemed Ms. Yabuki was aware of her part-time job and was considerate enough to let her give them a week’s notice first before she was to do the job that she gave her.

 

 

 

Being an assistant photographer to another photographer does not seem bad for a first job. Even if she was also hired as an assistant photographer at her previous one, she felt more like a personal assistant. Chaeyeon hopes that this Ms. Im Yoona person lets her use her camera this time.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stepped inside the convenience store and was immediately greeted by Hitomi.

 

 

 

“Unnie! I heard from Chaewon unnie that you got a new job! Congratulations!”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon smiles back, “Thanks, Hii!

 

 

 

But Hitomi’s smile was gone as soon as she realized, “So, we’re not going to work together anymore, unnie?”

 

 

 

“I’ll still be here for a week. Hii, I can’t exactly leave without giving notice,” she chuckles. “Is the manager here?”

 

 

 

“Ah, yes, he’s at the back.”

 

 

 

A few minutes later, Chaeyeon comes back to the front, only to find someone oddly familiar talking to Hitomi. The said girl notices her, and her face breaks into a grin.

 

 

 

“Chaeyeon unnie!!”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon waves as she walks over the two, “What are you doing here, Wonyoung ah?”

 

 

 

Wonyoung runs and engulfs the girl in a hug, “I came to hang out.”

 

 

 

“Ah. I’m sorry I have to go home early today.” Explains Chaeyeon, “Let’s hang out some other time?”

 

 

 

Wonyoung pulls pack and pouts, “Do you really not have time?”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon nods, “I have to pick up someone from the airport; that’s why I asked to have a day off today,” replies Chaeyeon, “I’m really sorry.”

 

 

 

Wonyoung does not say anything else as she bites on her lip, not even trying to hide her disappointment. She had wanted to hang out with Chaeyeon today after learning about getting hired; she wanted to treat her.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon senses Wonyoung’s disappointment; she feels terrible that she couldn’t hang out after the girl went all the way here. She takes her camera and aims it at the girl, adjusting it then snaps a picture. The action catches Wonyoung’s attention, who was stunned at first before a shy smile finally appears.

 

 

 

“Yah unnie, you can’t just take it without telling me. I have to make sure I look great first. I hardly have any makeup on too.” complains Wonyoung

 

 

 

“But I think you still look beautiful Wonyoung ah, with or without makeup,” replies Chaeyeon, who was checking the photo she just took, “See? Right Hii?” she adds, offering the camera to the two.

 

 

 

“Wow! That’s a really good photo!” Hitomi was the first to react, eyes wide as she observes the photo. “You look really cute here, Wonyoung ssi.”

 

 

 

“Really?” Wonyoung asks, looking at Hitomi, eyes sparkling with expectation.

 

 

 

Hitomi nods fervently, giving the girl a thumbs up.

 

 

 

Wonyoung looks at it again, studying it like an exam. She can’t believe this was just taken at this moment, without her posing or hardly makeup on, plus she was pouting. Looking at the picture, she could remember what she was feeling at the moment, the disappointment of not getting to hang out, she could see it there, and Chaeyeon managed to capture it. A thought comes in as she remembers Nako’s words.

 

 

 

Being a photographer means being able to capture a moment and keep that moment to last forever.

 

 

 

Those words resonate inside her like she finally found the hidden message. She looks back at Chaeyeon, who was waiting for her to say something. Looking at how the girl was actually nervous about what she thinks of the picture, and finally, she breaks into a smile, which Chaeyeon returns.

 

 

 

She really likes her Chaeyeon unnie, and she really believes she’ll be one of the best photographers out there. And she can’t wait for her pictures to be taken by someone like that.

 

 

◉●❀●◉

 

 

The two girls stand by the door, one is outside with her suitcase and ready to go, while the other was keeping the door open with her arm, body leaning on the frame looking sad.

 

 

 

“I guess I’m off. I’m really thankful for your hospitality Yena ah.” She bows as she raises her body up, her eyes look back at the apartment, and as if everything just played through like a movie. She smiles as she remembers their mornings eating breakfast together, their day-offs playing, their evening talks. Her heart felt heavy that she couldn’t see the model before she left. She had taken such a liking to the girl than she would initially admit. She likes Yena too, but there was something different with the model, and truthfully, she hates that she won’t be able to see her every day like she was used to.

 

 

 

Yena watches her in silence; she watches as Chaeyeon looks behind her as if taking a mental picture. She feels bad that Sakura wasn’t h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter