01.

Through your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

˜”*°•.˜”*°• 01 •°*”˜.•°*”˜
_________________________________________________

◉●❀●◉

The Sun has already risen on the beautiful city of Seoul yet it is not evident in a certain room of a condo unit where a woman is still deep in slumber. The curtains were drawn, blocking the incoming sunlight thus allowing said woman to sleep in without any interruptions, or so she thought.

 

“Hey wake up!” a blonde woman storms inside her sanctuary towards the bed, flips the blanket to the side, exposing the woman’s facial features. The sudden lost of warmth does not bother her yet it proved to be too soon to say she was safe.

 

“Damn It’s really cold here! I didn’t think you’d take the name “Ice Princess” seriously Sakura.” complained the intruder sauntering towards the windows to draw open the curtains, finally letting the sunlight inside the cold room.”Much better”

 

The sun’s rays hits the sleeping woman’s face much to her annoyance. “Arghh Go away Yena And close the curtains!” the brunette remarks pulling the covers up to cover her face once more. But the blonde ignores her and walks back to her bed tugging on her blanket once more. “hey can’t you see it’s morning already? You should get up”

 

Sakura does not respond earning another sigh from Yena. This doesn’t deter the latter though,for there is one way to wake the ice princess up and she is very much equipped. Yena smirks evilly at her friend’s covered up body and starts to warm up her voice.Then with a loud deafining voice she starts to sing “Kura~ya Kura~ya Wake up Wake up!” she sings with aegyo, knowing this’ll annoy the sleeping girl. Sakura stirs under the covers to blockout the ear-piercing voice of her intruder by covering her ears. The blonde sees this as progress as she continues to sing and even making it more annoying for the squirming girl.

 

After what seems like hours of torture, Sakura could not take it anymore as she finally sits up gripping on her blanket “Stop that!” she glares at her, Yena slightly flinches at the sudden move, raising her hands in defense but nevertheless grins at her plan’s success.

 

“Works eveytime” Yena hums to herself.

 

Sakura sighs as she combs her brown locks with her hand. She looks to her friend with a scowl “So care to enlighten me why I had to deal with not only your annoying face but also your annoying voice so early in the morning?”

 

“woah that’s two annoyings in a sentence unnie, I’m hurt” Yena places her hand on her heart feigning hurt. But Sakura just glares at her “Oh but, you haven’t felt real pain yet ducky”

 

Yena doesn’t seem to be affected by it as she shrugs “Unnie It’s already 10a.m” She deadpanned

 

Sakura rolls her eyes “Your point is?”

 

Yena shakes her head in defeat, she knows this girl does not consider anytime before 12pm late. ignoring the question she finally says what she came for in the first place “Anyways,so I got you a job!” she exclaimed clasping her hands together startling Sakura a bit.

 

Sakura eyes her skeptically “It’s not something weird again right?”

 

Yena seemed to remember what the latter means, effectively wiping her grin.“Yah! That was one time! I…didn’t know it would be like that! Get over it!” Yena huffs whilst crossing her arms.

 

Flashback~
“Okay Miss just your blouse and we can get started” says the cameraman
“Unbut.to. What?!!” Sakura exclaims in bewilderment.”Choi Yena!!!!!”

 

Sakura shudders, as if reliving the incident “Can’t help it.I know you’re my manager and it’s hard looking for jobs but that was scary, pictures? No way!” she shakes her head to try and shake the memory away.

 

Yena’s stance appears more apologetic as she looks ruefully at her friend “I’m sorry okay..And I’m not only your manager,as your bestfriend, I sincerely apologise for making you go through that.” She lowers her head as she plays with Sakura’s blanket. She will never forgive herself for making Sakura go through that. It was their first job offer and she had no idea what she was getting them into. Plus being offered that much with Sakura being a newbie model it was just too hard to pass, which she learned the hard way why they offered the amount in the first place. Not hearing a reply from the brunette, Yena raises her head again and sees Sakura in deep thought. She lightly pokes her shoulder to get her attention.

 

“Yah, I really am sorry Unnie, really. But it’s been awhile since we had new opportunities like this, and I promise you this one’s legit”

 

Sakura is still skeptical as she continue to ponder resting her head on the headboard “this is so last minute and i have standards you know”

 

Yena reaches for her hands gripping on them slowly for assurance “I know, and it may seem suspicious since they just called but I did my homework and please just trust me on this” she pleads not knowing what else to say to assure the girl.

 

Sakura looks back at her friend sighs “Don’t I always?” she squeezes her hand back as if to make her point making Yena smile as well.

 

“You know, you could use that annoying face for some work as well”

 

Yena takes that as a compliment, although Sakura uses harsh words, she can still clearly see the sweetness behind them though you do have to dig deeper to find it. It’s not every day Sakura says something like that, and that’s coming from her best friend of 10 years. “Yah, I’m already busy you know, with being your manager slash best friend. Not anyone can do the latter” she winks

 

That earns a slight smile from Sakura. “Yeah too bad you’re great at it"

 

Sakura smiling makes Yena feel a certain joy since the latter rarely does. They were childhood friends so she knows how Sakura had changed. The warm and bubbly unnie she once knew was now covered in ice. Yet especially at times like this she was still lucky enough to be granted the honor of seeing the rarity of the old Miyawaki Sakura.

 

Seemingly satisfied with how things have turned out Yena stands stretching her arms forward and looks back at the brunette who was still trying to adjust to the morning light she chuckles at her lame attempt. “Alright then,Miss Ice Princess with standards please get up and get ready, we’re leaving in 30 mins” she states as she quickly makes her way to the door, being Sakura’s bestfriend, she knows how the latter would react.

 

Sakura whips her head at her friend’s retreating back “Yah!! 30mins?! Are you crazy?” she calls after her so called bestfriend with shock clearly written on her face.

 

“Yah! You duck!!!!”

 

But Yena, without turning back replies “29mins left hun, chop chop” she waves her hand in reply,closing the door behind her. But not a second later Yena’s head pops back “And it’s Yena okay Sakura chan?” she grins as she quickly closes the door again escaping the lone pillow thrown at her “YAH!!!!!”

 

Sakura was dumbfounded, has she been played? “Aishh I should change managers!” she curses at no one, finally standing up and leaving the comfort of her bed towards the bathroom.

 

                                                                                                           ◉●❀●◉

 

“Yah newbie! Where’s my coffee?” a stern man asks a tall girl who was busy setting up."Yah Chaeyeon, he’s calling for you again” a fellow worker calls her attention when she seemingly didn’t hear the call. Chaeyeon immediately drops what she was doing as she ran towards the man. “yes sir?”The man looks at her agitated. “My coffee, where is it?”

 

“Ah yes, one ice americano right?” The man just nods as he shoos her away. The girl called Chaeyeon quickly bows and makes her way to the exit but before she could do so, her attention has been called again. “Newbie!” She turns back hoping her boss finally remembers to give her money for the coffee run but all she got was a “Grab me a bagel to go as well!”

 

“de!” she quickly bows again then finally walking out of the door. With her shoulders slumped Chaeyeon sighs as she checks her wallet. She has been working there for 3 months now and all she does is clean up and do coffee runs where she pays with her own money,and yet her boss still doesn’t even know her name making it more frustrating.She grips her camera that has been hanging on her neck tightly as she sighs again.“Endure it Chaeyeon. Our time will come” she says to herself

 

With renowned conviction, Chaeyeon makes her way to the coffeeshop a few blocks away. As soon as she steps in, she is greeted by a loud voice. “Hey Chaeyeon ah!!” a girl with long black hair behind the counter greets her. Her voice was so loud that it startles the customer in line. She apologizes immediately but not without giving Chaeyeon another grin.

 

Chaeyeon chuckles at her actions as she waves back before waiting in line. She looks around the shop, looking for something worthwhile as she readies her camera. She takes pictures of anything considering it as practice as she was trying to be a professional photographer. She left home to pursue that dream but with her situation right now her family would be devastated if they knew. After two more customers she finally, reaches the front smiling at the girl “Yah! Eunbi unnie, control yourself, will you? I swear you gave that guy a heart attack”

 

“He’s still alive so no damage done” The shorter one just shrugs.

 

Chaeyeon leans on the counter whispering to her ear “I’m pretty sure you damaged his ear drum though” gesturing towards the guy. Eunbi looks at the guy and sees him poking on his ear. Eunbi glances back at Chaeyeon, which the tallerone sees as “I’m gonna prove you wrong” face.

 

“Wa..it!!”

 

Before Chaeyeon could intervene, Eunbi shouts with the same loud voice she greeted Chaeyeon with “Welcome to Me for You Café!! Please enjoy your time!” Her sudden outburst not only startled Chaeyeon it made all the patrons in the café to look toward the counter including the guy from before. Chaeyeon turns away as she tries to hide her embarrassed face.

 

“See? No harm done”

 

“Yah! You’re uncontrollable! Hahaha” she pushes her shoulder slightly with Eunbi just laughing in return.

 

“One americano again right?” She clarifies as she types on the register

 

Chaeyeon nods as she grabs her wallet from her bag “Add a bagel too” Eunbi sees this as she raises an eyebrow to her friend “You’re still paying from your own pocket?”

 

Chaeyeon just shrugs, she knows too well how this conversation would go. With the countless times she’s been through this she already got used to the disapproving look her friend is giving right now.

 

“Seriously Chae, just quit already.” Comments Eunbi as she stares at the money on Chaeyeon’s outstretched hand. Chaeyeon sighs as she places the money on the counter “You know why I can’t Eunbi unnie” Her friend sighs loudly not even trying to hide how frustrated she was as she takes the money.

 

“It just feels like your wasting your talent working there”

 

“I do have exceptional skills”

 

Chaeyeon smiles at her friend as if to convey her gratitude, finally wiping the frown she was wearing off she gives Chaeyeon a small smile to convey her own gesture of saying you’re welcome. “Not fair! You know your smile is contagious!”

 

“Anyways you seemed cherry earlier though Eunbi unnie” Chaeyeon changes the topic as she raises her camera again. Eunbi sees this and strikes a pose smiling widely at the camera. As if forgetting her frustrations, she grins at the girl “I’ve some news”

 

click

 

“do tell” Chaeyeon mumbles as she checks the picture, satisfied she shows it to Eunbi receiving a thumbs up in return. “you’re really talented you know”

 

“Thanks, but enough about me, you were telling me about some news which I presume is good”

 

Eunbi grins widely “Hyewon and I are finally going to Paris!” Chaeyeon mimicked the same grin her friend was donning as she hugs her over the counter “I’m so happy for you Eunbi unnie!”

 

“yeah she finally got time off”

 

“So, when’s the trip?”

 

“Next week, we’ll be staying for two weeks. I’ll be leaving for Hyewon’s place tonight though” Eunbi explains

 

“You deserve this unnie, both of you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter