02.

Through your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

˜”*°•.˜”*°• 02 •°*”˜.•°*”˜
_________________________________________________

◉●❀●◉

"We're here unnie" announces the younger as she puts the car on park. When seen from the outside, It is what you would call what a typical studio would look like, a two storey building with underground parking to cater their clients which Sakura is quite happy about. She may not be that big in the industry yet she did have a considerable amount of fans and she likes to have privacy. Being a model may not be the best job for that but it's what's feeding them so be it. Sakura checks her phone for the time and came to realize that it didn't take that long for them to arrive. "Wait.. We were just a couple of blocks away?! why did you get the car?"

 

"I was trying to get to you fast so I kinda parked on an illegal spot" Yena sheepishly explains scratching at her cheek.

 

"What a waste of gas" remarks the older but her softened expression tells otherwise. She takes her seatbelt off and reaches for the handle to open her door. Yena reaches for her arm before she could do so and Sakura looks back in question.

 

"Are you really okay?"

 

It seems her best friend is still concerned about what happened earlier. Albeit it wasn't the first time it makes the younger much more pensive about it. Sakura places her hand over Yena's and nods. "I really am. Stop worrying"

 

"Okay." Yena breaths a sigh of relief "But you know we should really report those two, their actions have become bolder."

 

This does make Sakura raise an eyebrow. "No need." She rather not involve the police since it'll draw unwanted attention. Besides she could handle two dumb guys.

 

"Bu-t"

 

"End of discussion Choi Yena" the older says with certainty. Yena knows the topic is over so with another sigh she releases her hold on her friend. No use discussing it further anyway since she knows why her unnie is like this, Sakura does not want to appear weak in front of others. She had learned that one must learn to survive on their own because relying on others opens up oneself to vulnerability. She believes that if you could do it by herself, why need others to do it for you. Yena admires that trait of hers but it scares her as well.

 

"Let's go unnie"

                                                                                                               

◉●❀●◉

 

Stepping inside the building, nothing much changed; it's monotone colors, very predictable arrangement and busy staff walking around like robots does not come as a surprise. Sakura looks around taking the place in, following behind Yena. She couldn't help but feel like this is how her life is. Monotone and predictable. She feels like a robot programmed to do these things without much choice. Everyday she experiences the same routine and it has become dull and boring. She's doing all of these for survival and survival alone and wonders what is there to live for. While she was in her musings they reached what seemed to be the front desk where a girl with long brown hair was currently busy on the computer typing, her furrowed eyebrows, pouted lips making her cheeks puffy resembles that of a hamster busy on their wheel.

 

"Hi Good morning. We're looking for Mr. Shin. I got a call this morning for a photoshoot?"

 

She stops typing and looks up; stares at her for a moment then nods "Ah yes. Are you perhaps Ms. Choi?" she asks as she continues to type. 

 

"Yes. But you can just call me Yena, Ms. Choi sounds too formal don't you think, kid?" Yena's abrupt boldness surprises the girl making her typing stop instantly, looking back up to Yena incredulously "Kid? What makes you think--" Yena cuts her off, getting a glance of the girl's nameplate "Jo Yuri? See? Even your name sounds childish" she adds while laughing.

 

Appaled by the condescending attitude the girl is showcasing, Yuri could not stay silent "Excuse me?! I'm perfectly at the age where one is called an adult, thus I don't appreciate you calling me a kid whereas she pauses and looks Yena up with a smug expression. You yourself look more like one" she continues

 

Yena scoffs, unbothered by the comment "I'm pretty sure I'm older than you kid" Finally having enough, the girl named Yuri grips on her desk. "who does this person think she is" 

 

Sakura who was observing everything decides to finally step in before the situation gets any worse. "Pardon her Ms. Yuri, this duck does not have any braincells" she says pushing Yena aside. "Hey! Unnie!" Sakura spares her a glare making the younger pout.

 

The counter girl was surprised but for a different reason this time, she stares at the girl in front of her. Unlike her rude companion, this girl definitely exudes a different aura. Her plain clothes doesn't hide her distinct beauty, in fact it makes it more noticeable. The girl definitely lives up to the rumours around the studio. When she started hearing about a very beautiful rookie model getting casted she had wondered how she would look, and seeing her now, she definitely attests to that. Her thoughts were then turned to the other girl when she realized the beauty's comment earlier. "duck? she looks towards the other girl behind, who was huffing as she continues to pout highlighting her duck lips, definitely fiiting as well"

 

Sakura turns her attention back to the girl behind the desk. "I'm Miyawaki Sakura, and we would like to know where to go" Yuri glares at Yena as the latter continues to pout. "yep definitely a duck with those lips" she looks back to Sakura and nods. "Let me make a call first. Please wait a moment"

 

While Yuri sits back down and dials on the phone, Sakura turns to Yena with a disapproving look. "Seriously?"

 

"What did I do?" the duck replies, feigning innocence. Sakura shakes her head at Yena's absurdity.

 

Placing the phone down, Yuri turns her attention back to Sakura. "Someone will be here to come get you in a moment" she says only looking at Sakura, downright ignoring Yena. Which the girl does not appreciate but does not say anything as Sakura watches her appraisingly.

 

A few minutes pass and a man in a plain blue polo shirt comes out from behind a large door and walks towards them.

 

"You must be Miyawaki Sakura" he grins as he looks her up, clearly liking what he sees. 

 

Sakura crosses her arms and glares at him in return and before she could react, Yena steps in and interrupts, stopping the man's obvious staring.

 

"I'm Choi Yena, her manager"

 

The man blinks as he clears his voice "Uh yeah right. I'm Kang In. Junior editor" introduces the man as he ushers the two inside. "The boss is waiting inside"

 

The man called Kang in leads them towards a large door a few feet away from the lobby. They follow them into the studio, passing by a lot of the staff who were busy setting up. They seemed to have arrived just in time, since they were all still busy getting ready. Finally, they spot a man who was currently talking on the phone.

 

"Boss, they're here"

 

"Ah you're here! It's nice to finally meet you Sakura ssi!" the boss laughs as he pockets his phone extending a hand for a shake.

 

Sakura didn't like how he ignored Yena, which he noticed when he saw Sakura's discerning look, he instantly shifts and looks at Yena with a grin "And of course you too Yena ssi" he moves his outstretched hand towards the other girl which thankfully Yena decides to take. "Likewise Mr. Yang, Thank you for the opportunity"

 

Sakura scoffs at the exchange making both look at her which she covers up in a cough. "It's quite cold here"

 

"I'll have the staff see to that, Now let's talk business"                                                                                                                      

 

◉●❀●◉

 

"Hey Chaeyeon ah" What took you so long? The boss has been waiting"

 

"I got held up...." she replies as she tries to catch her breath. She knows she'll get in trouble later since apart from being late, she couldn't purchase another iced americano. She realized too late when she came to her senses. Why did she eagerley give it to a girl she just met? She does not know why but she felt like she should at that time. The girl has this unknown effect on her.

 

"That's fine. but I don't think the boss would like that you only brought a bagel"

 

"I..."

 

The girl sighs "Nevermind, just go and help set up, the model is here and we'll be starting in a bit"

 

"Ah. okay. Thanks Chaewon ah"

 

After the shoot

 

"That'll be all for today, Miss Sakura, we got good shots"

 

Not getting a reaction aside from a nod the man awkwardly laughs scratching on his chin. He had heard about the girl's work ethics from his friends, they told him that Sakura does not interact well with others to the point that she almost always ignores them unless she absolutely needed to. He didn't pay much to it since he really liked the pictures they showed him and thought they were exaggerating. But after meeting her now, apparently it was not exaggerations af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter