08.

Through your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

˜”*°•.˜”*°•08•°*”˜.•°*”˜
_________________________________________________

◉●❀●◉

 

The sound of the door clicking to a close is what made Sakura, who was still under the covers to finally remove it, bringing it down to her stomach as she stares at the ceiling. She remains still for several seconds, her mind still adjusting to the light. Sakura was already awake way before Chaeyeon had tried to wake her this morning. 

 

 

 

"Saku chan, breakfast is ready."

 

 

 

As soon as she heard it, she stiffened and squeezed her eyes tight in an attempt to hide. She knew Chaeyeon would come as she always did every morning since living here. But she couldn't get sleep last night and honestly, she was still reeling with what had happened.

 

 

 

She breathes a sigh of relief when Chaeyeon gave up and left for work. And that leaves her to right now. Right now, as she remained anchored to her bed. She could still vividly recall what transpired last night. She could again see Chaeyeon's face moving closer as she, too, moves closer, the way she saw how beautiful Chaeyeon's eyes, nose, and lips are up close. And when she felt those soft lips on her own, Sakura's head was in overdrive.

 

 

 

She lifts her hand a ran it over her lips, thinking she could still feel Chaeyeon's on it. Just thinking about it made her feel butterflies in her stomach. Her head is a mess. They kissed! Chaeyeon's lips were on hers. And it felt so plump and oh, so soft. Wait, what am I thinking? She shakes her head, wiping at her face.

 

 

 

"What's wrong with you, unnie?'

 

 

 

Sakura was too engrossed thinking about last night that she did not hear Yena coming through the door. She was caught off guard but still managed to keep poise. She didn't want anyone to notice that she was thinking hard. 

 

 

 

"What are you doing here? I have no schedules," she says, quickly diverting.

 

 

 

Yena knows what she's doing, they've known each other for years, and Yena knows she caught her off guard. Seeing the model staring blankly, fingers running on her lips, Yena was suspicious that something happened. But she knows the girl will not give anything out, so she needs to tread slowly.

 

 

 

"Breakfast is ready, and Chaeyeon told me to make sure you eat because apparently, you two went out drinking last night without me," Yena huffs, looking at Sakura in the corner of her eye.

 

 

 

Yena could see the slight stiffness in Sakura's posture, even if it was just a few minuscule seconds before it was replaced by the irritated look the girl is giving her right now.

 

 

 

Sakura rolls her eyes; she needs to divert the topic. She does not know how to handle what happened last night right now, and she does not want Yena to be involved, not yet at least. 

 

 

 

"Didn't you have a date with Yuri?" she says as she sits up, stretching her arms.

 

 

 

At the mention of the girl's name, Yena's stance changes as she remembered their date last night. She still feels giddy about it. "Right! I did. Do you want to know what we did?"

 

 

 

Sakura covers her ears at Yena's sheer delight. "Quiet down, will you? It's early, and my head hurts!" she complains as she gets off her bed to go to the bathroom.

 

 

 

Yena watches her as she pouts, "You know, you could've just said no."

 

◉●❀●◉

 

Since she doesn't have anything to do today, Sakura was pigging around in her room, playing games. She immediately locked herself in after eating the breakfast that Chaeyeon prepared. She needed to distract herself, and what best way to do it is by getting lost in another world.

 

 

 

Hours and hours passed which seemed like minutes, the need to eat is evident when Sakura finally took off her headphones, stretching her body, and decided to eventually go outside in a quest to look for something to eat.

 

 

 

"Yena," she calls for her best friend as soon as she opened the door.

 

 

 

Hearing no reply, she saunters towards the duck's room, opening it only to find it devoid of the duck's presence. Probably with Yuri again.

 

 

 

She turns to walk towards the kitchen, but her eyes catch the door to the storage room (Chaeyeon's temporary room) as it swung open. She moves towards it, closing it. But it only made her remember what she tried so hard to forget. Since last night, she couldn't help to think about it. She knows she's working hard to ignore. But it's just something you can't really shrug off. Whenever she remembers it, her stomach feels funny.

 

 

 

She wipes at her face again and sighs, looking down at the phone in her hand, staring at it. She wants to talk to Chaeyeon, no she needs to. She can't be the only one suffering like this. She contemplated calling, but she thinks it's better to talk in person, so she decided just to wait for the girl to come home.

 

 

 

She continues her trek towards the kitchen only to be stooped by the chime from her phone surprising her, as she looks down at it. She felt her tummy flip again when she saw who the text came from.

 

 

"Saku chan, I might be home late tonight. I'm finishing up the portfolio with Chaewon."

 Jjaeyeon (11:57 am)

 

 

 

Sakura frowns, just when she wanted to talk to the girl, she's going to be home late. What timing is this? She was about to reply when another text comes.

 

 

 

"How are you feeling? Don't forget to eat lunch."

 Jjaeyeon (11:59 am)

 

 

 

Then, not even a second later, another text comes.

 

 

 

"Don't play games all day, okay?"

 Jjaeyeon (11:59 am)

 

 

 

Sakura can't help but smile at the series of texts. Chaeyeon is like a nagging mother, but Sakura liked it as she continues to smile while she types in her reply. But it soon disappears, as she stares at the texts, she squints her eye at it as if she could spot something out of the ordinary. However, no matter how much she analyzes it, there is just nothing out of the norm. Sakura seemed to have a realization. Does she not remember? 

 

 

 

Sakura does not know if that's a good thing or not. She sighs, she'll just have to wait for the girl to come home to find out then. No matter how long she took to go home, Sakura will be waiting. 

 

 

 

She just has to control her stomach from somersaulting when she remembers the kiss in the meantime.

 

 

◉●❀●◉

 

 

Chaewon watches as her friend puts her phone down before giving her attention back to the laptop on the table. Chaewon saw the subtle smile the girl had when she was staring at her phone seconds before.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon arrived around 30 mins. Ago. They already made plans to meet at Chaewon's uncle's studio to pick up and edit the pictures she wants to include in her portfolio. Chaeyeon was still in the process of transferring all the images into the laptop before she suddenly, takes her phone out to text someone. 

 

 

 

Chaewon makes no sound as she observes intently. She has an idea who the girl is talking to, which only sparks her suspicions about the two. What she had witnessed yesterday at the shoot was new. So, she decided to act coy about it, pretending she doesn't know for sure.

 

 

 

"Who's that on the other end, huh?" Chaewon's curiosity finally showed, "I'm so curious. I'm so curious." She adds. 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon's attention was grabbed by the sudden sound of Chaewon talking. Her eyebrows raise, and she replies with no hesitation. "Saku Chan. Why?" 

 

 

 

See, that's the things that made Chaewon wonder, little things like that. "She has a pet name? How is that she has a pet name, and I don't? We know each other longer, and you still call me Chaewon." She rebuts.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon almost laughs out loud at Chaewon's display of jealousy? That she gives the girl her undivided attention, leaving the laptop abandoned. "So, you want a pet name, now?" she asks as she taps her chin with her finger, acting like she's thinking. "Alright, what should I call you?" Chaeyeon asks. "Chaewon Chan?" She adds playfully. 

 

 

 

"Shut up, that's gross." She felt quite embarrassed when Chaeyeon mentioned it, but it made her laugh a little underneath. 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon laughs with her but turns back to the laptop again "So, what's the deal, then?" Chaeyeon repays the curiosity.

 

 

 

Chaewon sighs, not feeling up to it to drag the conversation any longer. She thinks quietly that the length of their friendship has made them quite comfortable towards each other that she knows how Chaeyeon is. When she has something bothering her, she wouldn't say it out loud until she's ready to. "Nothing"

 

 

 

"Hmm," Chaeyeon can only hum, and Chaewon understands that Chaeyeon doesn't want to drag the conversation any longer as well since it seems like her attention is already focused on the task. Chaewon has no choice but to see things as it unfolds. She has no choice but to let it rest even if her mind is itching to know.

 

 

◉●❀●◉

 

 

Sakura was still waiting for Chaeyeon to come back so that they could finally talk. While waiting, she did everything to speed time up. She was playing video games, swiveling on her ergonomic chair, crumpling papers, and practiced shooting hoops. Those typical montages of things characters do in movies while waiting, she did all of that. 

 

 

 

As she waits, her mind wanders to the kiss again, how it made her feel, how confused she is. She won't deny that it was something welcomed, but did she like it? Maybe…But, does it mean that she likes Chaeyeon? She shakes her head. Of course, she likes Chaeyeon, but does she li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter