007: Promise

OUR PREDESTINED END

A/N: Hello!

The update is late, why? Because my partner and I went through some difficulties. Technical difficulties and personal ones, so we apologized for the delay.

That being said, I would like to inform everyone that we will be updating later than usual after this one. I have some things to do and it's really important. I assure you though, that we won't abandon this story.

--

"These aren't your favorite flowers but they symbolize new beginnings." Jungkook hides his smile behind the bouquet of Daffodils in his hands, as he steps closer to Taehyung.

"I thought you – didn't you leave?" Taehyung asks as he moves forward to take the flowers from Jungkook. "Thanks for the flowers. You shouldn't have, we're both guys."

Taehyung smiles as he smells the flowers and silently crosses something off his list.

"I decided to stay back and leave with you and the others tomorrow. I told Saeron I wouldn't be able to show her around and left her in Somi's capable hands. They know each other, don't worry.   About the flowers, I know they are not your favorite but –"

"I love it, Jungkook. They don't have to be my favorite and I love what they mean, thank you." He smiles at the younger and caresses his cheek. Jungkook leans into the touch and closes his eyes, enjoying the warmth of Taehyung's hand. "You shouldn't have stayed behind. Your family is already on the island."

"They'll understand Tae. I wasn't here for you for five years…" Jungkook says bringing Taehyung's hand to his lips for a kiss. "Have you eaten? I have food in the car."

He looks at the Palisade parked on the street and smiles. "What do you have?"

"This okay?" Jungkook asks as he takes Taehyung's hand and leads him to the car before helping him into the passenger seat.

“I remember you telling me about those sandwiches you liked.”

“No way...”

Jungkook smiles sheepishly. “Uhm, those are for snacks, I wouldn’t let you have it if you haven’t had dinner yet.”

“I already ate dinner!” Taehyung pouts and shows Jungkook his open hands, “Give me?”

"Are you sure?" Taehyung nods eagerly and Jungkook can't help but pinch his cheeks. "Alright. It's in the picnic basket. I also have some banana milk, or you can just have water."

Taehyung excitedly takes the small basket from the back seat. Something makes him pause though, but it also makes him smile.

“I’ll take you home. Why are you looking at me like that?”

"You also made some jam sandwiches.”

“Because I want you to have some options. It’s strawberry jam. Please put your seatbelt on.”

"Kay!" He straps his seatbelt on and looks at Jungkook again. "You want to tell me where you learned that I hate the crust?"

“You probably don’t remember, but you were having bread during one of our Facetime sessions. I took note as I watched you cut them off.”

“And, where are the crusts?”

“I ate it. I guess that means we are meant to be, huh? Someone who doesn’t eat the crust and someone who will eat it for you. It’s a match!” Jungkook smiles and Taehyung chuckles before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"So, where have you been this whole time? You didn't come to the office today."

"Yes, I went to pick up your mom and Taeyeon.”

Taehyung stops chewing and faces Jungkook who is once again, driving one-handedly. “What do you mean?”

"Your dad was supposed to go and pick them up since they will be joining us in the mansion on the island, but somehow their luggage got messed up and they had to re-pack. Since I was available, I volunteered to go instead."

"To fetch them in Daegu?”

“In Daegu.” Jungkook nods. “I also used the opportunity to check on progress at the hotel. It’s really going well. Your mom’s restaurant is an additional tourist attraction. I had a taste of her food while I was waiting for them to get ready.”

"Is that why there is strawberry jam on my bread?”

"Yeah, she said it was your favorite and helped me with making the sandwiches. She was surprised to see me taking the crusts off for you. She said you must have complained about it to me and I told her you didn’t, that I discovered it for myself.”

Taehyung misses his mom and it’s great to know that he will be seeing her and Taeyeon on the island.

“This trip will be the first time for me to see them together again...”

“Your parents?” Jungkook asks carefully and smiles. “It’ll be my first time seeing my parents together as well. It’ll be different this time though.”

“Yes, very, but I’m happy. Are you?”

“Of course, I am”

“At least we’ve accepted this one thing from our past, huh?”

Jungkook doesn’t say anything and Taehyung continues to eat his sandwich while sipping on some banana milk. He’s been wondering what it would be like when they all came back together again. Will they make a beautiful family? Will it be uncomfortable or not? Will it still hurt them?

Taehyung has been asking himself these questions ever since Jongwan and Sejin got back together. They are scary thoughts, but at the same time, he’s eager to find the answers.

“Aren’t you hungry? Do you want me to feed you as you drive?”

“Nah, I’ve had my share. I’m okay.” Jungkook glances at him before focusing his attention back on the road. “How about Yeontan though? Where will you leave her?”

“Oh, I already asked Baekhyun-hyung to take care of her for me while I’m gone, don’t worry. They have a spare key to my place and will fetch Yeontan from there.”

“And have you already packed?”

“Yes.”

 “Then I’ll see you tomorrow morning at the airport? Or do you need help with your things?”

“Nope, I got it covered, don’t worry!” Taehyung gulps down his banana milk. “Baekhyun-hyung will be over in the morning tomorrow before I go.”

“Oh.”

“What’s with that monotone response?” Taehyung asks but Jungkook only smiles at him.

“Just curious about this Baekhyun-hyung, Tae. I can’t wait to meet him and all your other friends.”

“You’ll like him.” He says, finishing his bread just as they reach his apartment complex. Jungkook moves with him, probably thinking that he needs help with the basket.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, then.”

“Yes… thank you for –“

Jungkook looks at him expectantly but even Taehyung doesn’t know what he’s thankful for. But, if he’s going to be honest, he wants to thank Jungkook for –

“– for staying.” He murmurs lowly but Jungkook hears him fine. “It makes me happy that you’re here, Jungkook.”

The idea of Jungkook leaving with the others to show Saeron around has been bugging him and he didn’t know how he’d tell the younger about his feelings on the matter. But, Jungkook is here, he stayed to leave with him tomorrow. Jungkook doesn’t know how happy Taehyung is that he is here and not anywhere near Saeron. He doesn’t want Jungkook to know, although, secretly he hopes that Jungkook does know.

“I’m not going anywhere without you anymore, Tae…”

It is a chilly evening Taehyung realizes when he feels a shiver running down his spine. Jungkook notices and puts his coat over Taehyungs shoulders to warm him up.

Five years ago, they failed to be a couple that does things like this and looking at them now. Taehyung smiles, thinking to himself how they missed out on so much because of the situation they got caught up in, instead of focusing on their love and doing these little things to make each other happy.

"I've been wanting to tell you this since the very beginning but I'm really happy I came back..." Taehyung looks into Jungkook's eyes and he thinks it's too much. Jungkook's eyes are overwhelming. "Thank you, Tae, for staying right here where I left you... it makes me so happy.”

A memory of Taehyung’s words from years ago, flash through Jungkook’s mind.

“I have to, right?” Taehyung smiles and watches the same scenery Jungkook was just watching. "I mean, I have to because I know it'll all be worth it because it's for them. What really matters is you know they'll be right where you left them… waiting for you to come back."

Maybe Taehyung shares the same memory as Jungkook sees Taehyung smile as if he is remembering something.

 “I’ll see you tomorrow, Jungkook.”

--

Jungkook addresses his employees in the cramped VIP departure lounge as they wait to board one of JGC’s larger private jets.

"As soon as you arrive on the island, it's the start of your vacation. The team building will officially start on Saturday morning so the rest of today will be free for you to relax and enjoy the facilities and attractions available. Please pay the utmost attention to the demarcated boundaries around the island. Those areas are strictly off limits and crossing them will get you kicked off the island immediately.” Jungkook’s expression is stern while looking around the crowded room.

"Upon your arrival, you will be issued with three wristbands to be worn at all times. They will serve to identify you as employees of JGC. It is also your free pass for meals and access to attractions and activities offered by the resort. Not all meals are free, if you choose to visit restaurants other than those situated within the hotel itself and bars, you have to pay your own way. That being said, the regular operations of the resort has not been halted so you will be in contact with other guests and tourists. I’m sure I do not have to impress upon you the need to mind your behavior, be courteous and good ambassadors of JGC, given that the income they generate goes toward your salaries we would very much like for them to return.” Some sniggers can be heard making Jungkook raise an eyebrow. “The same goes for the resort staff, they might be there to cater to your needs, but they are part of our family so please treat them with the utmost kindness and respect.” He takes a sip of water before continuing.

“You will be occupying the first through third floors of the hotel. Room assignments have already been done. Each suite sleeps six persons so you will not have to fight among yourselves to sleep on a bed, don’t worry.” The crowd laughs at the heir’s humor before allowing him to continue. “The lists with the room assignments will be posted at reception where a special check-in station has been set up. If you have any issues please discuss the matter with the concierge. And with that, ladies and gentlemen, I am done now let’s go have fun.” Jungkook says, leaving the airport staff to issue last-minute instructions as everyone excitedly jostles to board the two luxurious jets that will be ferrying them to the island.

Taehyung stays close to Jungkook as he himself keeps watch over the employees. He spots Minjae laughing with another employee from Finance, so he quietly moves from Jungkook’s side to greet him.

“Minjae,” the two men turn toward him in surprise, but their faces soon morph into recognition. “Hey. How are you? It’s pretty hard to hang out these days, huh?”

“Yeah, we are both so busy now.” Minjae laughs. “Congratulations on your promotion again, Tae. You deserve it.”

“Thanks.” Taehyung nods with a wide smile.

Jungkook is turning to tell Taehyung that they should board as well when he finds him talking to Minjae. Taehyung is smiling as Minjae is telling him something. There is a sudden heavy thump in his chest like someone just punched him. Is this what they were like when he was away? Taehyung looks so comfortable with Minjae and Jungkook feels jealous of how easily Taehyung gives him his signature wide boxy smile; something Jungkook treasures for himself only. He’s about to turn to board the jet alone but stops.

No more running away!

With determined eyes and confidence in his every stride, he moves to stand beside Taehyung, greeting Minjae when he gets close to them.

“I never got to greet you, Jungkook-ssi.” Minjae starts, offering his hand for Jungkook to shake. “That evening when you arrived was so eventful.”

"Of course." He shakes the other's hand firmly. "It's nice seeing you again, Minjae."

"Same here. I can finally thank you for giving me another chance. I heard from your father that you made the decision to give me the job. Thank you, Jungkook."

Jungkook smiles, suddenly feeling comfortable talking with Minjae. There’s sincerity in his eyes and the nudge from Taehyung beside him lets him know that it’s okay now.

"How’s your mom? Is she okay?” He asks.

“She’s well now, thanks for asking. She has started her own business and it’s going well. She’s always liked cooking so if you’re not busy, you can visit her restaurant.”

“I’ll make sure to take him there, Minjae.” Taehyung beams at him and maybe saw confusion in Jungkook’s eyes, so he explains. “I was there on opening day. Her food is really awesome, I usually go there with Jimin and the others but sometimes I prefer going alone, especially when I’ve had to work after hours.

"Oh," Jungkook says a little awkwardly but nods towards Minjae. "I'll make sure to let Taehyung lead me there sometime."

"Thank you." Minjae bows to Jungkook and then motions the two to board the plane first.

"Are we sitting far away from them?" Taehyung asks as he straps on his seatbelt. "And are we off to the mansion as soon as we arrived on the island?"

"Yes, I told them I'll take you to the mansion right after you drop your things to your hotel room," Jungkook answers, giving Taehyung another pillow to hold. "I still think you should stay in the mansion with us, Tae. Our families are all there."

The last words make Taehyung smile at Jungkook, but the younger doesn't get to see it as he busies himself with strapping on his own seatbelt.

"I don't think there's enough space for all of us though."

Jungkook looks at Taehyung with deeply furrowed brows. “My room is big enough for us to share. I can sleep on the floor. Besides, the Min’s mansion is just fifteen minutes away from the main mansion. I think Yoongi-hyung will take Jimin there with him.”

The Mins built their mansion within the off-limits boundary three years ago. Yoongi explained that they needed the room to accommodate their own growing family. No one is opposed to staying in the Hotel where there are designated family suites, but it affords them more privacy and lightens the burden on the main mansion during large family get-togethers. 

“Wait, Jimin isn’t staying in the main mansion?”

“The last time I checked they were all there, but not after more family members arrive.”

"And when is that?"

"Sunday evening, I guess. We are all staying back."

"I didn't know we are staying back, what about work?"

"Relax, Tae. Monday is no-work-day." Jungkook hands him a peeled orange. "Dad said we should give the people a day off after the trip here, so don’t worry about it.”

Taehyung winces at how sour the orange is before talking again. "I wasn't informed about it at all."

"I thought it'll be natural for us to stay back though; our families are all there after all."

Taehyung eyes Jungkook with amusement and the younger looks away, wiping orange juice from his lips. "What?"

"I just find it cute that it's so easy for you to address everyone as family now."

"Aren't we? I won't be surprised if Dad decided to propose to your Dad one of these days, Tae."

Taehyung chokes on his orange and Jungkook chuckles lightly beside him as he pats his back with a weak attempt to help him.

"Take it easy with me please."

"It's funny how you get surprised with the idea, Tae."

"Well, it's weird coming from you! Can't blame me now, can you?"

When they are all allowed to move freely around the plane, Taehyung just openly stares at Jungkook’s face and before he even realizes it, he’s gently touching the younger’s cheek,It was when they're all allowed to move in the plane when Taehyung just flatly stare at Jungkook's face and before he realizes it, he's touching the younger's face, making the other start in surprise.

"What? You hungry?" is Jungkook's immediate response before tearing his eyes away from his phone, which is on flight mode anyway.

"No," he says and Jungkook hands him water. "Not thirsty either. Just admiring the view."

Taehyung almost laughs out loud as Jungkook's ears turn red, the younger is flustered.

"I want to ride horses again... can you take me out riding after we rest?"

"Of course, Tae. I'm sure Pikachu will be delighted to see you again."

"Will Namjoon-hyung let me ride him?" Taehyung smiles at the memory of the horse.

"Of course, unless he’s riding himself, I'm sure he will allow you. Besides, I can always make you ride Belleza. I'll hold her while you ride."

"Won't she hate that?"

"We can always try, right?"

Suppressing smiles seems to be something Taehyung has been doing often lately. Jungkook is different from how he used to be before he left, in a good way; and he can clearly see himself liking every part of this new Jungkook.

--

 

The resort shuttle service takes all the employees to the hotel while Taehyung joins Jungkook in the car Namjoon arranged for them. They are going straight to the Jeon mansion.

“What about my luggage? I thought you would let me drop it off first?”

"They will take it to my room in the hotel for you," Jungkook replies as he drives away from the airport. "Since you're not staying with us at the mansion, you don't mind staying in my room at the hotel, do you?"

“I’ll settle for the rooms allocated with the rest of the employees, Jungkook," Taehyung warns but he is sure Jungkook will not allow it.

“Besides, I’m sure your dad will send for your things from the hotel anyway, everyone will want you to stay with us.”

Taehyung sighs because he knows it’s true. He is sure his mother will insist on him staying with them and he misses Taeyeon too. No doubt he’ll give in when they ask.

Yeonjun runs toward Taehyung when they arrive at the mansion, immediately asking to be picked up. Taeyeon comes out of the kitchen followed by Junghyun who is holding a large bowl of popcorn.

"Oppa!" Taeyeon screams and runs to where Taehyung is to give him a hug. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Yeonie... where are the others?"

"They're in the theatre room, hyung." Junghyun answers for her. "Yeonjun wanted to watch a movie so now we're all stuck there."

"Oh. What are you guys watching, baby?" he asks Yeonjun who starts rambling and the only thing he understands is that they're watching the latest movie, How to train your dragon 3.

"You and Jungkookie-hyungie can join us too, Taehyungie-hyungie!"

"I'm still amazed at how this kid never gets tongue-tied with all these words he’s sputtering," Taeyeon says and Junghyun shakes his head as he starts walking in the direction of the theatre room. "Oh, hyung, where is my hyung?" He stops to ask.

Taehyung puts Yeonjun down before looking back to Junghyun. "He's parking the – there he is."

"Hey. What did I miss? Where is everybody?"

"Theatre room." the three answers in unison.

“You look beautiful, Taeyeon.” Jungkook engulfs the girl with a tight hug.

They find everybody huddled up inside the theater room. Jin rises first from Namjoon's lap and hugs Taehyung to welcome him, and then followed by everybody else.

"How's my son?" Jihyun hugs Taehyung the longest and the tightest while nodding at Jungkook.

"Hi, Mom. I'm great," he says before letting her go to hug Misun next. "Hello, Misun-ssi -"

The woman pouts and Taehyung laughs at that. "I mean, Misun-eomma."

"That's better." she hugs Taehyung too, tightly. "I missed you, Taehyung."

"Me too... it's so good to see you all here."

"Hello, Taehyung..." the beautiful grandma Jeon hugs him next. "Want to try some apple pie? I made some."

"Of course, grandma. I'll have some later. Hello again, grandpa."

"You look well, son." Grandpa Jeon pats his back before picking up his grandson. "Join us?"

"Oh, later. I'll go change first," he says.

"Where are the others?" Jungkook perks behind Taehyung, looking around the theater room for Yoongi and Jimin.

"Jimin is resting in Yoongi's room. They went riding early in the morning.” Jin says. "Yoongi went to the Min's mansion to pick up his parents and hyung. They arrived a little earlier than you but by a yacht."

"Oh, okay." Taehyung slips toward the door. "I'll go talk to Jimin in Yoongi-hyung's room then."

"What? Why?" Jin asks, stopping the younger but Jungkook takes hold of Jin's wrist.

"Let him, hyung. It'll be fine."

The older is confused but let go anyway. Taehyung thanks Jungkook and asks for directions before leaving.

"Where are Somi and Saeron, then?"

"They went with Yoongi. Saeron wanted to see the Min's mansion."

"And left the kid here?"

"Yeonjun didn’t want to go and insisted on watching movies here." Junghyun sits beside Taeyeon and Jungkook takes note to tease his younger brother later. "Can we continue watching now?"

"How is everyone at the hotel?" Jongwan asks as he exits the room following Jungkook and Namjoon.

"The hotel staff will tend to them, Dad. All the arrangements are in place and there shouldn’t be any problems. They'll be fine, don’t worry."

They all end up in the living room where they are served with refreshing juice. "Taehyung wants to stay in the hotel, by the way."

"What?" Sejin stops on his way to the kitchen. "Why? We're all here. He should stay here with us."

"Unless you're staying in the hotel as well?" Jongwan teases but Jungkook rolls his eyes at him. "No?"

"No. Grandma and Grandpa will hate me if I stay in the hotel when we're all here. I told him exactly that, Sejin-ssi... so ask him to stay here with us, please? He'll listen to you."

"I'm planning to even without you asking me with those Bambi eyes of yours, Jungkook." he jokes. "Where would he be staying here though?"

"He can stay in my room while I stay in Yoongi-hyung's room. I bet he'll leave tonight now that Auntie and Uncle are back in the Min's mansion. He'll surely take Jimin with him.”

"Nope, he's not going to leave tonight, Kook." Namjoon joins the conversation as he takes a sip from his drink. "They're staying here. Yoongi says it'll be a pain to drive from the Min's mansion to the hotel when we're called for the team building tomorrow."

"Wow, it ." Jungkook whines. "Somi and Saeron are sharing the room?"

"Nope. Saeron gets her own room since Somi has Yeonjun with her."

"Jihyun-ssi and Taeyeon are sharing another guest room."

"Where's mom staying?"

Jongwan pauses at that and Jungkook laughs heartily. "I'm just kidding. I know Mom is staying in the room next to mine, Dad. Chill."

The room next to Jungkook's room Junghyun's.

"I hate you." Jongwan hits his son's back. "So where will Taehyung stay? All the guestrooms are occupied."

"He'll stay in my room then. I can always occupy the sofa bed in my office. Oh, and Namjoon-hyung. We'll be taking Pikachu out later okay?"

"You are going horse-back riding?" Jungkook nods as he ascends the stairs. "I don't mind. Just take care of him, okay?"

"Of course. I'll just take a shower. Tell Taehyung I'm in my room if he looks for me after talking to Jimin."

--

 

Yoongi's room is located on the first floor, beside Namjoon's. Taehyung knocks on the door three times, waits then sighs before opening the door.

"Yoongi?! I'm in the bathroom! Sorry, have they arrived alre - Tae!"

"Hi."

Jimin almost slips coming out from the bathroom, looking like he’s just had a bath but Taehyung figures Jimin just woke up and decided to wash his face. He always does that.

"Hi. Um... What's up?"

"You... Jimin, I – I'm sorry." The older looks at him, perplexed as to where it is coming from. "I, Jungkook told me everything. He was there while I was unconscious...."

"I, yeah... He was. But why are you apologizing? It's understandable that you hated us, Tae. You were right, I failed as your best friend. I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear and –"

"You're the one who helped Jungkook and no Jimin, you didn't fail as my best friend. You helped me to come through stronger... You didn't tell me what I wanted to hear because you were scared it might hurt me. You protected me the most and... I'm so sorry for everything. You didn't deserve me yelling at you. I –"

"Hey, Tae. It's okay. It's okay. I understand. You were upset and I understand why. I love you enough to give you space, Tae. I've been with you for a long time, so I understand you the most, it's okay. Come here."

Taehyung rushes to Jimin, engulfing the other in a tight hug.

"Chim, I'm so sorry... I'm sorry."

"It's okay, you dumb .” Jimin is crying now as well, he pats the back of Taehyung’s head gently. “It might not always seem like it but I will forever have your back, okay Tae? You’re my best friend and your happiness is my priority, always. I love you so much…”

“I’m just so sorry, Chim… I –“

“Shhh… it's okay now, you big baby. Let me look at your ugly crying face… there we go." He pinches Taehyung's nose before wiping away the tears from his cheeks. "You're so ugly when you cry, Tae."

“You too.”

They settle together on Yoongi's bed with Jimin holding Taehyung tightly as they talk about the events in their lives without each other until Jimin decided to talk about what's been bothering him for a while.

"So... you’re trying to figure things out with Kook-ah?”

There’s an immediate smile on Taehyung’s lips as he nods slowly.

"He's so dumb sometimes. I can’t believe we spent five years apart with that idea circling around his head." Taehyung claims and Jimin agrees. "But I still want him."

"Of course you do. So, what's your plan? You’ve both established you want each other back, what are you going to do about it?"

Taehyung remains quiet for a whole minute before locking gazes with Jimin.

"I'll be honest, I'm still scared, Jimin. He just got back after five years and he’s practically a stranger, I don't know him anymore -"

"Yet your heart yearns for him."

"I – yeah, you're right but maybe because my heart is set on him."

"Exactly, Tae. It's always been Jungkook for you even before the separation. And it's always been you for him."

"You know how I want us to focus solely on each other if we ever try this again? Don't you think that's selfish?"

"That's normal Tae. You wouldn’t want others fixing your couple-y for you? You can't let others dictate what to want, how to act and react to things Tae. You know exactly what you want now, you know exactly how you want it and how to have it. You’re okay now."

Taehyung knows that. That's exactly what he's been thinking.

“But listen, I know she’s not a threat because they’re not together but you better put that Saeron in her place before I do it for you.” Jimin glares at Taehyung. The latter understands where this is coming from. “I mean, I get it, they’re close. But I hate watching her touch Jungkook so affectionately.  I understand that they’re close friends, but she should stay in her lane.”

“Well, her closeness with Kookie does bother me… not to mention, she’s using the nickname I gave Jungkook… it’s irritating.”

"It is, right?! So I'm telling you, either ask Jungkook to tell her off or do it yourself. If not, I'll do it for you!"

“Chim, she’s the only person Jungkook had back then –“

“And he has you now, her part is over.”

Taehyung gnaws on his lower lip, unsure of how to respond to what Jimin’s just said and it makes his best friend sigh.

“Just talk to Kook about her, okay? If you are planning on doing this with him, you two better be completely open and honest with your feelings about everything. If it bothers you, you have to tell him.”

“I know, Chim… It’s just weird because we’re not back together yet, so I feel like telling him off would be crossing the line but –“

“But you established you’ll work things out together because you want each other back. That’s kind of already like being back together Tae.”

A series of knocks stop them from talking and Yoongi peeks around the door, smiling at Jimin. “I see you guys have made up.”

Jimin moves to get off the bed with Yoongi automatically reaching for him to help him. “Are your family here now?”

“Yes, they’re looking for you actually. Hi, Tae.”

“Hi Hyung.” He gets off the bed as well and straightens his shirt. “Is everyone here now?”

“Yes, they’re all downstairs.”

They leave Yoongi’s room to join the others in the wide living room. Taehyung thinks he has everything he wants in one place and in the moment, it’s the happiest place to be.

Until he sees no Jungkook. “Where is Jungkook?” he asks and Namjoon looks at him from the living room.

“In his room, Tae. He said was going to take a quick shower.”

“Oh… I’ll go there then.”

Jimin urges him to go by mouthing, “Tell him!” which makes him smile as he makes his way to Jungkook’s room.

--

 

The room is exactly how he remembers it. Frozen in time as if the owner of the room hasn’t been gone for five years. The comfort it gives him and the scent it emits screams Jungkook’s name and Taehyung finds contentment in that.

He slowly makes his way to the younger’s bed and plops down on it, not minding if his shirt rides up as he does. He didn’t know his body was so tired because it’s the last thing he remembers doing.

That’s how Jungkook finds him. Sleeping on his bed, with his tummy exposed. He walks over with a smile and lovingly brushes Taehyung’s bangs from his face before pulling his shirt down.

“Tae, you should have closed all the windows and the AC, tucked yourself under the covers...” he mutters while doing exactly what he’s saying. “Sleep tight, baby...” he says after gently tucking Taehyung under the duvet.

With his hair still wet from the shower, he quietly closes the door as he leaves to join the others in the living room. Upon entering, he nods at Saeron as soon as he spots her but doesn't move in her direction instead, he sits beside Jimin who is occupying one of the stools in the bar area.

“Hi Hyung.” He greets the older who is watching Yoongi cook with Jin in the kitchen.

Jimin smiles at him and rubs circles on his back. “Hi, Kook-ah. How are you? Where is Tae?”

“Sleeping in my room. I came out of my walk-in closet and found him sleeping.” He asks for a shot of Bourbon from Namjoon who is selecting wine from the large collection in the display shelves against the wall. Jungkook turns in his seat, resting his elbows on the bar counter behind him and watches his family go crazy over a game on their wide television.

“The addition of Yeonjun to this family has really done it, huh?” Jimin says quietly beside him and he can only agree. “I almost feel guilty because Yoongi, Namjoon-hyung and you are taken by Tae, Jin-hyung and me. We all know we can’t bear kids.”

“Don’t even think about it hyung. Our family knows us and respects what we want. Besides, we have cousins who are actually straight and can bring kids into the family. Somi is one and don’t forget my brother over there.” He points at Junghyun who is keeping an eye on Taeyeon while he’s holding the video recorder. “He’s got his eye on Tae’s sister.”

“I know right. I told Yoongi that Junghyunie might be into Taeyeonie but he only brushed me off!” he whines. “They’ll be a great pair, don’t you think?”

“Of course they are. So, you don’t have to feel guilty about not being able to bear a child. Someone else in the family will have it covered.”

“I still can’t shake off the uncertainty, you know?” Jimin looks down at his feet which are dangling freely from the tall seat. "I bet your family would want children from the direct heirs of the family…”

“Junghyun and Somi are direct heirs, hyung.” He lets out an amused chuckle. “Don’t worry too much about it. It’ll be fine.”

"Besides, we shouldn't think ahead, Chimmy," Namjoon says behind Jimin while handing Jungkook his requested drink. “I don’t think one of us will actually find someone to bear our child. Would you, Jungkook?”

“Nah, I only want Tae. And Tae can’t, so I’m sure we’ll adopt a child, maybe a few.” Jungkook says confidently. “I know for sure that Tae would love to have a child to take care of… he adores kids. Whatever he says goes.”

“You really think he’ll take you back, huh?” Jimin pulls Jungkook into a head-lock before noticing who’s coming their way. He instantly wants to roll his eyes. He tries to be civil around the girl, he only tolerates her presence, but he can never be genuinely kind to her. He releases Jungkook’s head and allows the younger to breathe. “Is Taehyung staying here tonight? There’s no way he’s going back to the hotel, Jungkook. We’re all here.”

“I’ve been hearing that since we arrived, spare me.” Jungkook takes a sip from his glass and watches Saeron’s approach. “And there’s no way I’ll let him go back to the hotel.”

Jimin wants to move away but he also wants the girl to know her limits. Maybe telling her off wouldn’t do the trick, but at least when she realizes that her acts are starting to make people uncomfortable, maybe she’ll take the hint?

“Hey, Kookie.” Saeron greets and is about to hug him when Jimin pulls Jungkook into another head-lock, surprising Saeron who already had her arms open up wide.

It makes Jungkook lose his grip on the glass though and it ungraciously hits the floor. “, hyung! Look what you did!” Jungkook snarls but is also laughing as he moves to pick up the broken glass. “This is Bourbon, hyung.”

Jimin only shrugs but he doesn’t waste the opportunity to glare at Saeron.

Not under my watch, missy he thinks and smirks at her. Saeron smiles at him though, and that kind of irritates him even more so by the time Jungkook straightens after picking up the shards of broken glass, he hurriedly asks the younger to play billiards with him.

“Sure, Hyung. Oh, and hi Sae. Enjoying your stay here so far?”

Jimin wants to yell at the younger but doesn’t do it because Jungkook is just being a good host. “Let’s just go, Kook! I don’t want the others getting there before us.” He jumps off the stool and tucks an arm around Jungkook’s back since he can’t quite reach his shoulders properly. “We know how crazy our friends are when playing billiards. Right now, their attention is with Yeonjun. But once the kid gets tired, it’ll be a different story.”

“Yeah, okay. I’ll just throw this away –“

“Ask the maids to do it! Come on!!!” Jimin whines some more, making Jungkook give in and call someone to dispose of the broken glass for him. "Tell Tae we're in the games room, Namjoon-hyung!”

“Okay.” Namjoon smiles with his dimples out and Jimin can tell that the older knows exactly what he’s doing. “We’ll follow you there once they’re done in the kitchen.”

“’kay!” Jimin hollers. When Jungkook stops on his tracks is when Jimin really wants to smack him hard.

“Sae, want to play with us?”

Jimin eyes her as if challenging her to say yes but Saeron knows when to step back so she shakes her head to say no.

“I’ll stay with Somi. I’ll be fine.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah! Of course, I am. Go play with your friends, Kookie. You’ve been gone for a long time, I know they’ve missed you so much.”

--

 

When Taehyung wakes up, he can hear faint laughter coming from the outside and suddenly remembers where he is. He sits up, noticing the room is cold due to the air-conditioner. He looks for clock and finds one on the bedside table. It shows 1:35pm and he quickly calculates the time he's asleep. He lets out a sigh as he opens the balcony doors to find everyone in the backyard, where Junghyun is carefully pushing Yeonjun on the swings. Taeyeon is sitting on the other swing, laughing because Junghyun is trying to push them both. The others are seated around the large coffee table, with his mom and Misun checking out something on an iPad. His father and Jongwan, together with the grandparents are also there. Grandma Jeon is knitting something while the men are talking about something probably boring.

He scans the area but sees none of his friends, so he closes the balcony doors and leaves to go find them.

He spots Somi and Saeron talking as he carefully descends the stairs. Saeron is the first one to tear her gaze away from the MacBook and look at Taehyung, he gives her a thin smile as he makes his way straight to the bar for a drink of water.

"You're awake, oppa," Somi speaks up, noticing who Saeron is staring at. "Jungkook-oppa and the others are inside the games room. I don't know what they're doing right now though."

"Thanks." He murmurs before gulping down his water. "I didn't realize how tired I was, I fell asleep when I lay down on Kookie's bed."

"That's understandable. You were up since the early hours to organize the employees back in Seoul. And traveling takes it out of you."

Taehyung sits beside Somi and gently massages his own neck before turning to Saeron.

"Have you been around the island?"

The girl looks surprised to be suddenly addressed by Taehyung but it's only for a second because soon enough, she's smiling at him with obvious adoration in her eyes.

"Yes, but I haven't been around for long. Somi brought me to the market district and I was surprised to find malls and other establishments here."

"Well, it's a modernized island." Taehyung let out a sheepish smile. "It has everything you could want while on vacation."

"How was your flight, oppa?" Somi asks, taking fish crackers inside .

"It was fine. Jungkook was there to take care of me all flight long." he stretches his arms up and gets ready to stand to find his friends. "I'll go find the others now. Enjoy the rest of your stay here, Saeron."

"Oh, yeah sure! Thank you, Taehyung-ssi."

Taehyung only nods before he makes his way to the games room. He can already hear his friends shouting, a sign of healthy competition, someone is probably losing while someone is winning. He opens the door to find his friends in a very... weird position.

There are Yoongi and Jimin laughing out loud as they spin the wheel of whatever but he's sure they're playing Twister and right now it's Jungkook and Jin on it, bent in weird positions as the YoonMin couple shouts the next move.

He silently sits beside Namjoon who is only observing while sipping from his glass.

"What the heck are they doing?" he asks taking the pillow from behind him to hug. "Who's winning?"

"Jungkookie. They've been playing that game for 40 minutes now." Namjoon turns to him. "How'd you sleep?"

"Amazing."

"That's good. It’s the fresh ocean air here. Best sleep in the world."

The game ends with them playing rock-paper-scissors. Jungkook’s laughter gets caught in his throat as he turns and spots Taehyung.

"Hey." he softly says before moving to where Taehyung is seated. "I see you're awake."

"And I see you've won." he looks behind Jungkook and smiles at Jin who's obviously worn out. "Still the very competitive Jungkook, huh?"

"Of course." the younger smirks before plopping down on the carpeted floor right in front of Taehyung's seat. Taehyung puts his feet down and spreads his legs to allow Jungkook to move between them and make himself comfortable. He dabs a tissue on the younger's sweaty forehead. "How was your sleep?"

"Amazing," he repeats, throwing away the used tissue before taking a new one to dab on Jungkook's temples. "I can't change my clothes right now since my things are back at the hotel... can I use some of yours?"

Jungkook opens his eyes and it locked gazes with Taehyung who is staring down at him. He sees how the younger gulps and he moves to pull away, but still holds Jungkook’s face in place.

"Uhm, of course. I can lend you my clothes. You can take anything you want from my closet. You know where they are."

The older smiles and this time lets Jungkook's face go. "Speaking of the hotel, Tae, your parents don't want you to go back there, as I expected."

"You swear you didn't beg them to beg me to stay?"

Taehyung almost laughs at how Jungkook's eyes widen. "I didn't!"

"Yeah, whatever you say."

"I really didn't."

"Uh-huh." Taehyung gets up from his seat and Jungkook follows.

They are both aware that everyone is looking at them weirdly due to how they are acting. But they just follow them out as well, since the game is over.

"Hey Kook-ah, want to hit the bar tonight?" Yoongi asks loud enough for even Somi and Saeron to hear him from the living room. "You two can come." He points at them.

Taehyung sees Jimin glare at his boyfriend and it makes him snigger to himself as he ascends the stairs to go back to Jungkook's room, the latter still following close behind.

"I don't know hyung. Tae and I are going horse-back riding later... but it depends on Tae, actually. Whatever he says goes." Jungkook replies to Yoongi’s question.

All heads turn to Taehyung who only shrugs. "I say we go horse-back riding at 4pm, then we go to the bar later in the evening... aren't you guys going to see the employees, though?"

"I already sent emails and asked the hotel's staff to relay the message that we will meet them tomorrow morning at the hotel's lobby. We want them to enjoy their first day here and they're probably all around the island now." Namjoon explains, holding Jin close to him because the older is still panting after all the games they played.

"I see. Okay then, horse-back riding then bar after, call?" Taehyung turns to Jungkook who smiles immediately. He doesn't wait for his answer though, because Jungkook did say that whatever he says goes. "I'll change my clothes, Kookie."

"Okay. Should I pick them out for you?"

"Yes please."

"Okay, go straight to the shower now."

"Thanks."

Everyone just stares, smiling to themselves, probably thinking how whipped Jungkook is.

Then and now.

--

 

Jungkook and Taehyung are ready to go to the resort stables, where the family’s horses are lodged in a private extension. Sejin reminds them to bring Taehyungs luggage from the hotel when they return because there is no way that Taehyung is staying there.

After changing into riding pants and boots, Taehyung joins Jungkook where he is saddling Belleza. The mare twitches and snorts when she spots Taehyung behind Jungkook.

“Hey.” He greets from the door.
 

When Jungkook says Taehyung is breathtakingly beautiful, he means every word. Taehyung is being enveloped by the golden rays of the late afternoon sun, his blue hair dancing in the breeze and a soft smile playing on his lips. Jungkook knows that for him no one in the world could ever compare.

"Hi," he whispers before lending Taehyung his hand to assist him in coming into the stable. "You're riding my horse. I'll hold it while you ride her." He explains while securing a halter to the mare’s bridle.

"You won't ride a horse?"

"I'll ride Pikachu and we'll go around the way we did before, okay? Don't ride it fast, you might lose control of her and Pikachu is not fast enough for me to save you."

"I know." Taehyung moves in front of Jungkook and lets the younger hold his waist. They may not be together now, but Taehyung knows Jungkook will never let anyone else touch him to help him on the horse. "I want to see The Memories again, Kookie."

Jungkook stills for a moment and looks up to Taehyung with wide eyes, after ensuring that his feet are secure in the stirrups.

"The Memories?"

Taehyung nods, looking down at Jungkook now. "I'd like to see it again."

"I'd like to see it as well. It is where I wanted to take you when I suggested we go horse-back riding."

Jungkook doesn't mount Pikachu yet, instead, he leads Belleza from the stable out to the yard. He gets a stable hand to keep hold of the halter while he goes back for Pikachu.

Taehyung thinks it’s the perfect time to go around the island, he’s missed everything about this place. Especially the places Jungkook showed him on his first visit years ago.

"Shall we go?"

The sound of Jungkook’s voice brings him out of his thoughts and he turns to Jungkook behind him, now riding Pikachu in all his glory.

“I’m surprised Belleza hasn’t bucked you off her back yet.” The younger jokes as he maneuvers his horse next to Taehyung’s. “Hand me the halter.” He says to the stable hand, who does and quietly disappears.

“Maybe she’s done being petty like before, it’s been a while.”

“Maybe.”

Jungkook nudges the horse to get it going and Taehyung copies what he did. Soon, they’re off to the same place where Jungkook took him before.

Taehyung didn’t know what he actually wanted after asking Jungkook to take him there but there’s just something about the place that makes him want to see it again.

“I feel a little anxious going back to The Memories.”

He perks upon hearing that from Jungkook who’s looking ahead of him.

“Why?”

Jungkook smiles at Taehyung. Not his usual bunny smile, but a rare sincere and fond smile. A smile that’s making Taehyung warm all over.

“It’s where I first let you see me, the real Jeon Jungkook, Tae. It’s the most important place for me because it’s where my parents made love for the first time, it’s where they knew it’s love… and even though the love they had there didn’t last, at least there’s such a place bearing witness to that love.”

“It’s also where we gave each other our nicknames for each other.” Taehyung returns Jungkook’s smile. “It’s also the place where you saw right through me…” He tries to look Jungkook in the eye. “Before we realized it, we made our own memories over your parent’s memories, Kookie…”

“We did.”

“That being said, can you stop Saeron from calling you that nickname?”

Jungkook stares at Taehyung who stares back at him. It’s not visible but Taehyung is pretty nervous in this conversation and he hopes he doesn’t sound like he’s whining, or worse. He just wants Saeron to stop calling Jungkook the nickname he personally gave him.

“It may not be important for you, but it is for me, it’s our thing. And it makes me uncomfortable hearing a stranger call you that… it doesn’t sit right with me. I don’t even know why you let her call you that.”

“It’s not because it’s not important to me, Tae. Don’t ever think that. I’m not going to explain why I let her because that will be making excuses and I’m done with that. Thank you for telling me… at least I know now for sure that she does make you feel uncomfortable.”

“…does that make me a whiny partner?”

Jungkook decides to ignore the term Taehyung addressed himself, thinking it’s just a slip of the tongue. “No, it doesn’t, Tae. It just reminds me of the Taehyung I always knew.”

“What? Territorial?”

“Aren’t you?” he chuckles when Taehyung rolls his eyes. “I am too, right? In fact, I’m worse than you. It made me feel uncomfortable seeing you talking with Minjae back in the airport too, by the way.”

“Wha –“

“You didn’t do anything, I know. It’s just me, Tae… It’s just my head. I know you two are just friends now, but looking at you two back there, it made me almost run and just board the plane alone without you… but I stopped myself and gathered my thoughts because I promised you that there’ll be no running away anymore. So, I approached you…”

Jungkook isn’t looking at Taehyung but he knows how the younger feels.

“At first, I asked myself if it was always like that while I was away. You seem so comfortable with him and it somehow scares me, my first instinct is to run away. Thank God, I didn’t. I got to witness how you are real friends now and what exactly he is in your life… if he makes you smile like that, then I’m thankful you are friends again, Tae.”

They were quiet until they reached their destination and he only realized they’d arrived when Jungkook gave him a hand to dismount.

It hasn’t changed. It’s the very same place they visited before.

Jungkook is standing with his back to him. Taehyung takes a deep breath to gather his courage before pulling on the hem of Jungkook’s shirt to make him turn and face him.

“I have something to say. Listen to me, please.”

Jungkook doesn’t say anything and Taehyung takes it as a sign for him to continue. “I’m thankful for Saeron being there for you Jungkook, just like how you are thankful that Minjae and I are friends again… thank you for telling me how you felt when you saw me with him. I can now say that we are really moving forward together.”

“I’m not going to ask you to stop talking to Saeron, she’s your friend and that would be very childish of me. But, can you tell her to stop touching you? Especially in such an overly friendly, intimate way. I know some things changed while we were apart, but I can’t bear to look at you whenever she’s around because it hurts for me to see that somehow, during those five years, someone managed to get inside your world… the part of your world you once only allowed me to see. It makes me feel insecure, that maybe she knows more than I do, or is closer to you than I am, Jungkook. And I hate that feeling.”

A deep breath.

“We need to be completely honest with each other and if I am, then yes, Saeron makes me want to run away from you too.”

Another breath.

“But, I won’t because we promised each other that we are done running, so... you need to do this for me please Kookie. Can you?

“Okay, Tae.”

The older looks up to Jungkook, slowly opening his eyes, he kept closed while talking.

“Thank you for telling me how you feel. And, thank you for showing me how it’s done… Love, I mean.”

The place where they first let each other in is the very same place where they found each other again. Jungkook thinks that this place holds so much more than it already does when he leaves again with Taehyung.

It witnessed his parent’s love.

It witnessed how Jungkook and Taehyung let their worlds collide.

And now, it witnessed how they’re trying to find their way back to love again.

--

 

No one actually wants to leave the mansion when Yeonjun is crying to be carried because he wants to go with them. Everyone is all dressed up and ready to go except for Taehyung who is yet to emerge from Jungkook’s room.

The bar they’ve decided on is the same bar they went to before. Namjoon suggested they go there and even fought for the last VIP room reservation - because Jin is looking sinful and Yoongi demanded it since Jimin is being a tease with his own clothes. It's annoying really, especially when Saeron and the princess of the family are also dressed to kill. Only Grandma Jeon was even brave enough to ask Somi to at least wear cycling shorts under her micro mini dress

“I still feel like I don’t have the right to come, Oppa," Somi whines to Yoongi, clutching his one arm. "Yeonjunie doesn't want to be left behind here."

“We’re just going to have fun, Princess. Besides, you deserve it, you just finished your papers, right? This will serve as our little celebration for you.” Yoongi cheers her up. “Besides, Saeron will be there with us. Are you going to leave her be the only girl among us?”

“Well, no… but I still feel bad leaving Yeonjun with them.”

“Our grandparents will love to take care of him, Somi…” Jungkook says quietly because he’s been counting the minutes waiting for Taehyung. “…mom and dad too, they’ll love to dote on him, not to mention Tae’s parents and the kids. Don’t worry about him too much, he’ll be fine.”

Jungkook rises up from the sofa, tucking his phone into his back pocket after texting Hoseok who will be arriving on Sunday evening to join the party with his family. He is about to tell Saeron that Hoseok will be joining them soon, but the sight of Taehyung descending the stairs is making him lose it.

Jin is sinful.

Jimin is distracting.

Taehyung is a mix of both and damn, Jungkook desperately wants to tell the older to go back and change, but he’s not sure if he’s allowed to.

“Holy , Taehyung…” he hears Jimin exclaim as he reaches the bottom of the stairs. He smiles shyly as he apologizes for being late, explaining that there’s trouble back home with Yeontan so he had to take a frantic call from Baekhyun.

Taehyung is only wearing a simple white shirt and blue jeans, but he’s also wearing specs and earrings, long dangly ones. The whole combination with the blue hair is triggering all Jungkook’s possessiveness, not to mention other things. It’s making him want to pull the older back to his room and demand him to take it off.

He wants Taehyung to go back inside his room but –

“Jungkook, breathe.”

Saeron says beside him, chuckling a little as she closes his mouth with a finger under the chin. He didn’t realize he was gaping.

Taehyung slowly makes his way to Jungkook who still has his eyes fixed only on him. When he stops in front of the younger, he picks up Yeonjun who is whining to be picked up by Jungkook, but the younger didn’t even notice because his eyes are on Taehyung.

“Hi.” He greets as soon as they’re inches apart from each other. “You look good.”

Jungkook is wearing a long-sleeved black and white zebra print button-down with matching black jeans and Jin styled his hair to one side, revealing his forehead and he’s also wearing some black eyeliner. He knows he looks good, but Taehyung didn’t even try and that’s unfair because he still looks so ing good right now. (A/N: Imagine the Fake Love look without the sparkly red jacket 😉)

“Are your specs necessary?” he can’t help but ask.

He can hear a distant snigger and he’s sure it’s either Jin or Jimin, but he doesn’t care. Taehyung isn’t going out sizzling hot like this.

“Is your hairstyle necessary?” Taehyung eyes him with a raised eyebrow. “And you’re overdressed.”

“Jin-hyung picked the outfit for me. And you've overdressed yourself."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are, Tae."

“Then what are we going to do about it?” Taehyung challenges, Jungkook doesn’t answer him immediately though.

"Take off your earrings," Jungkook says after a pause.

“Change your clothes.”

“Deal.”

“Deal.”

“ARE WE SERIOUSLY DOING THIS RIGHT NOW?” Jimin asks exasperated, but he is left ignored along with everyone else as the duo rush back to Jungkook’s room to change.

“They do realize that whatever clothes and accessories they are wearing, they will still attract attention right?”

--

Jimin and Jin both raise their eyebrows in obvious annoyance, glaring at Saeron as she goes straight for the passenger seat of the shuttle service Jungkook will be driving. Jungkook is still unaware as he is walking beside Taehyung, now dresses in comfy sleepwear, still with his specs, so he's still hot. Jungkook changed into comfortable black pants and a black long-sleeved sweatshirt. He is also wearing a black bucket hat and although they all wonder about it since it's night time, no one comments on it.

As they approach the vehicle, Taehyung notices where Saeron is and is about to move to join Jimin in the back, but Jungkook stops him from walking away and continues to guide him towards the passenger seat.

“You’ll sit here though.” Jungkook, pretending to be confused, points at the seat beside the driver’s seat. Saeron who stands beside it is caught off guard especially when there’s silence engulfing their group as Jungkook said that.

“Saeron, you sit with Somi.” The younger adds, looking at his friend who nods and silently goes to sit beside Somi just behind the driver’s seat.

“Sorry. I just got used to being in the passenger seat when you’re driving.” She says in a low voice, but Taehyung hears her clearly.

Jimin wanted to yell ‘it’s a win for the gays’ and he knows Jin wants to scream it as well, but they just share the look, especially when Jungkook buckles Taehyung’s seatbelt.

“Let’s go get wasted!” Jimin shouts.