005: Hold me tight

OUR PREDESTINED END

A/N: Trust me, trust me, trust meeeee~

--

"I'll see you around, Mr. Spencer."

Jungkook’s smile fades with the closing of the elevator doors. He loosens his tie and starts walking back to the boardroom where the meeting had just adjourned. He finds his mother giving her secretary some last-minute instructions before dismissing her. As they are left alone, he unceremoniously throws himself back into one of the chairs, slumping down in exhaustion after the three-hour long meeting. Misun watches her son for a moment before asking, "So... How's Korea now that you're back?"

Jungkook’s lips break into a smile as he closes his eyes.

"Fine, I guess. It's the same old..."

"Yeah? And how's Taehyung?"

The smile fades faster than it appeared. Misun notices her son’s lost expression, loneliness and disappointment can be read clearly on his handsome features.

"Same... He's still the same old Taehyung, mom. But also, different altogether."

Misun occupies the seat beside her son and urges him to tell her more.

"He's upset with me, that's to be expected. I mean, I ghosted him for over four years, mom. I deserve that. Then when I got back, I found out that everything is had assumed regarding Tae and Minjae were completely false - I mean can you imagine how devastated I felt when I found out they were never back together? We could've made it through those years mom... But my stupid, overly insecure just went on and assumed things. And, being the coward that I am, I didn't even ask him. I won't blame Taehyung if he will never take me back."

The frustration in Jungkook's eyes is apparent and Misun knows that at the moment he is really feeling self-hatred. What he needs most is someone to listen, so she takes his hand and lets him continue talking.

"He was so disappointed with me, like utterly disappointed with me. He trusted me all those years, waited for me to come back even without me asking him to... He just - he gave me all he had, mom. And I've given him nothing in return. I made him think the worse about himself. I made him feel insecure... I made him feel all the things I had been trying so hard to avoid for him to feel."

"So, what's your plan?"

"I honestly don't know, damn... I don't know mom. I want him back, even though I think that I don’t deserve a chance with him anymore after all that I’ve done... I'm scared because I was ready to see him happy with some other guy, only to find him right where I left him waiting for me... He was there all along. He never left. Actually, I know deep down in me that even if I found Taehyung with someone else I would definitely fight to win him back, even if it means I'd be breaking someone else's face. If I ever found him unhappy with someone else, I would snatch him back... But damn, I wasn't ready to see him waiting for me, mom. And now he's mad because he thinks I didn't come back for him. He thinks that because I cut him off, that I've moved on and found myself someone else. I -"

"Jungkook, calm down." Misun finally gathers her son's face with her hands and makes him turn to her. "Breathe, baby... Breathe for me. You are okay, bunny. Calm down..."

"It's just - why can't I do things right, mom? What's wrong with me?"

"There's nothing wrong with you, bun. You just don't know what love really is, you don't know how it works. No one briefed you about it, I mean nobody ever tells us, we have to learn as we go. No one is ever ready for love and no one knows too much about it until they get to experience it. You never know unless you experienced it. And you just didn't trust yourself enough with someone because no one around you, not even your dad and I have shown you how it works... But then Taehyung came, and everything went blank inside your head. He is your first love. And I'd like to think he's also your great love and trust me bun, you're lucky to find both in the same person... Now listen to me, okay? Taehyung loves you very much. Him still waiting for you after all these years, and despite what you did, is proof of that. You’re feeling anxious again because Taehyung really is the one who awakens that whirlwind of unknown emotions inside of you, right?"

"Y-yes..."

Misun nods and smiles, squeezing Jungkook's cheeks together. "Taehyung brought out so many emotions out of you and it got you overwhelmed so now you're feeling lost and vulnerable... but bun, please know that whatever it is that Taehyung managed to bring out of you is okay. It's not wrong. It will never hurt you or Taehyung. You’ve got this. You literally have him to support you, Kookie. You're not alone in this. Taehyung is that someone you could run to for comfort. He'll hold your crumbling world together and try to fix you - that's exactly what he did five years ago and I'm sure he'll do it all over again now, all you have to do is trust him. Trust yourself with him. Let go of your doubt about love, because that man is the epitome of love in your world, Kookie. You are always the Jeon Jungkook with Kim Taehyung beside you. Darling, you don’t have to run. Allow yourself to go back to Taehyung."

"But I've hurt him... He'll never take me back..." Jungkook whispers brokenly and Misun lifts her son's head up.

"You didn't know that. Did he tell you that directly? How sure are you?"

"H-he said he's not sure if he will ever want me back..."

"He said he's not sure. He's probably contemplating all that's happened with the two of you, Kookie. Why do you keep assuming things?"

"It's a bad habit of mine, I know..." Jungkook smiles a little sadly. He thinks too much about everything and he can only ever recall getting himself hurt in the process.

"Should I blame my failed marriage with your dad?"

"No... It's not that."

"It may not be that, but it's certainly a contributing factor. I still hate that part." She chuckles and looks away for a second before meeting her son's eyes once again. "Jeon Jungkook, I didn't raise you to be a coward. You'll go back to Seoul and give it your all to win the love of your life back... Don't you dare let him go and lament about him being the one that got away, you hear me? I want you happy, Kookie... And you with Taehyung is a happy Jungkook. Life is about taking chances, appreciating the memories, learning from the past and finding happiness…”

Jungkook gets pulled into a hug and the tears leave his eyes. He never knew he needed his mother's hug until this very moment. He misses her the most.

“Can I ask you something though?”

“What is it?”

“The bouquet of flowers you gave me on my graduation day, was it from Tae? I remember you telling me that there’s something from Taehyung, but I couldn’t recall ever reading anything with Taehyung’s name.”

Misun lets her son go from that bone-crushing hug they just shared and looks into his eyes. "Did he tell you?"

“No… I just saw that picture of me in his office, with the bouquet and I remember taking it because you asked me to, saying you’ll hang it around the house, but I never saw it here.”

“Did you try asking him?”

"No, we haven't talked about those things… I didn't get the chance to ask, because there are so many touchy issues regarding us that we need to be discussed. Before we knew it, we were both crying, and he wanted me out of his office."

“Well, yes… it came from him. Namjoon told me that Taehyung ordered the bouquet from a local flower shop, so it didn’t come with the things that arrived for you from Korea. The card though was sent from Korea and Namjoon said that I should attach it to the bouquet because it was a letter from Taehyung. There was no name, but it was from him. At least, that’s what Namjoon told me.”

It dawns on him that he somehow should have known that the flowers were from Taehyung. If he had, he would have also known that Tae had not gotten back together with Minjae and he would have called him. Maybe to thank him for the flowers at first, but then they could have talked more and cleared the misunderstanding. But that didn't happen and if he were to be perfectly honest, he knows he would not have done it. He was too scared to be confronted with any form of confirmation from Taehyung himself, that he was in a relationship with Minjae. Jungkook let his insecurities conquer him.

--

Now back in their residence in Canada and right after dinner, Jungkook picks up his phone only to realize he doesn't have Taehyung's number. Not that he's sure if the other changed his number, so he goes to find his mother with Junghyun in the living room.

"Mom, do you have Tae's number? Or did he ever change his number?" He asks and Junghyun looks at him weirdly.

"Do you want me to ask Taeyeon?"

"You're still talking to her?"

Junghyun shrugs and takes out his phone. "I'm not like you, hyung. I asked her number as soon as she got her phone when she turned thirteen. She followed me on Instagram, and we talked there - anyway she just replied. Here it is."

Junghyun throws his phone towards Jungkook and the older catches it before it meets the ground.

"Thanks." He says and copies Taehyung's number and realizes... "He didn't change his number." He murmurs to himself.

He still pretends to copy the number and hurriedly makes his way back to the spiral staircase.

"You okay, Kook?" He hears his mother ask and he answers with a short 'yeah' on his way back to his room.

As soon as he closes the door to his room, he throws himself onto his bed, trying to think of something smart to send, that will serve as his first message to him in almost five years.

Tae?

He has to make sure he’s got it right, right? His hands shake as he waits. Taehyung is probably in his apartment now. Korea is ahead by seventeen hours so it's definitely a Sunday afternoon there, being Saturday evening in Canada.

He is organizing his game consoles when his phone beeps.

Jungkook.

‘. It's really him.’

Uhm, hey. Yes, it's me.

I know. I didn't ask.

‘Oh, yeah. Taehyung literally spelled out his name and didn't ask.  Wait, that means his number is still saved on Taehyung's phone. Well, of course, .’

Sorry 'bout that. So... Mom and Junghyun said hi back to you.


Oh, did they?


Yup. Mom was excited to hear from you.


Send me her number and I'll call her later.
 

Uh, sure I will.

Jungkook’s palms are sweating. Their conversation thread is getting so awkward and did he just end their conversation with that 'Uh, sure I will'? He's so stupid.

He thought Taehyung would not reply so he started thinking of what to say next until his phone beeps.

The deal you're helping your mom with, did it go well?

He's not sure if he should feel disappointed in himself because Taehyung is the one to bring up a new topic or whether he should feel relieved that Taehyung took the pressure off him.

It went well. We sealed it.


Great. So, you'll probably be on that flight back to Seoul tomorrow, right?


Yes... I'll be in Seoul for sure on Tuesday.


Good to know.


I - I know we shouldn't talk about this here but... I see you didn't change your number. Jungkook smiles to himself as he slowly gets more comfortable in the conversation.

 

I’m afraid to change it. I'm still hoping you'd call.

 

Jungkook flinches as the words pierce his heart, even though he is certain that Taehyung is just being honest.

I'm still so sorry, Taehyung...


We're not talking about this through texts, Jungkook.

 

Yes, I know. Sorry.


It's okay.


So um... Can I ask what you're doing right now?


Taking Tannie out for a walk with Yeonjun. We're going grocery shopping.


Tannie is probably wearing those diapers she hates so much, right? In the end, you'll carry her around.

He remembers how Taehyung whined about Yeontan being an for not wanting to walk when he lets her wear those diapers since pets aren't allowed inside malls and other private/public establishments without wearing diapers.

 

Yup, she is. It's Sunday afternoon here by the way.


Figures. It is evening here after all.


I know. I just thought you forgot since we stopped talking with the ed-up time zones for years.

 

... I thought we aren't going to talk about that through text?

 
And we aren't. I’m just saying.
 

Anyway... Is it okay for me to remind you not to forget to have lunch?

Jungkook’s heartbeat speeds up as he anxiously awaits Taehyung's reply.

 

I...  
I wouldn't mind.

And damn that gives him butterflies.

 

Then... Please don't forget to have your lunch, Taehyung.

 

--

 

Taehyung blushes at that and he finds himself trying to calm down his stupid heart for flipping too many times over a text.

Get a grip Taehyung. You are going to do this right. Losing your will only get you into trouble. Get a grip!

"Hyungie?"

Taehyung looks down at Yeonjun who is carrying Yeontan, probably because the dog has been whining to be carried. Well actually, he brought a bag in case Yeontan whined to be carried, Jungkook has just made a mess of him to remember he did.

"Yes, baby?"

"Are you trying to pop open the chips? You're squeezing it too much I'm scared it might explode."

"Oh shoot. Sorry."

He puts it back on the shelf and looks around him to see if there's anyone besides his dog and Yeonjun noticed anything.

"I got distracted." He reasons and Yeonjun only hums, almost as if he doesn't believe his hyungie.

They go around the grocery store to get things he needs in his apartment and Taehyung kind of... Feels good.

He feels good because he was just texting Jungkook and the communication between them feels great.

Okay, so he wasn't really planning on doing grocery shopping, but his fridge was screaming to be refilled when he opened it earlier. He never realized that having Yeonjun with him all the time would cause him to run out so fast.

"Hyungie, banana milk!" the kid exclaims after a while.

"Good job in spotting them, Yeonjunie!"

They continue their shopping when his phone vibrates again, and his heart skips a beat as he reads the contact name.

Can I call you?

He quickly puts on his air pods and connects it with his phone before replying to Jungkook’s text.

Yeah, sure. Don't whine about my background being noisy. I'm inside the supermarket. 
 

Lol, I know. Calling in a sec.

 

Before Taehyung can even take a proper breath, he sees the name he’s longed to get a call from, flash on his screen. Kookie calling...

 

He almost cries but remembers that he is in public.

 

"Hey... How's shopping with the kids?"

 

That sounded so domestic, excuse Taehyung's heart for beating so loud.

 

"Chaotic. Yeonjun is now carrying Tannie because she's whining to be carried."

 

Jungkook has the audacity to chuckle. "I knew she'd whine... You're not having a hard time though, right? Is Yeonjun not whining to be carried as well?"

 

"Surprisingly, never once has he ever asked me to carry him whenever we’re out together.”

did he ever ask me to carry him whenever we're out together."

 

"He probably thinks you'll be too tired to carry him around especially now he's carrying Tannie."

 

"He’s a good kid." He smiles as Yeonjun hands him the paper towel. "What are you doing right now?"

"I'm planning to play a game after this call... Can I tell you something real quick though?"

"Hmm, what is it?"

"I missed hearing your voice, Tae."

Kill me why don't you?! Taehyung stops in his tracks when he hears Jungkook’s confession.

"I missed yours too..." He says, now a blushing mess.

"I wonder how I survived all those years without you, really. I -"

"Jungkook, we are not doing this over phone calls either."

He can hear some rustling sounds from the other end of the line, but he can hear Jungkook slightly giggle as well, and it puts a smile on his face.

"We have a lot to talk about, huh?"

"I know Tae... I'm sorry for saying that out loud. It must've made you feel uncomfortable. I'll try to suppress it until you're ready to hear me say things like that again."

It's exactly the opposite but Taehyung's glad Jungkook is taking a step back. He appreciates the gesture. He's respectful as always. He’s always given Taehyung the respect he needs and deserves. 

"Do you want to eat with Yeonjun and I on Tuesday? You'll be around JGC during lunchtime right?"

"I - sure. Are you sure though?"

"Jungkook, I just want you to know... Having you in close proximity calms me down. It still does, even after five years of being separated and I should hate you for making me feel safe and comfortable as always... But I don't hate the feeling. I really don't... So come back soon and let's try to figure this out together, okay?"

There is a loud ‘bang' from the other end of the line as if something had fallen hard on the ground before he hears Jungkook cursing and groaning as if he just got hurt. Taehyung is immediately on alert and so close to asking if he’s okay, but the younger speaks first. "Aw . Sorry, I wasn't cursing you - these dumb controllers landed on my feet - but I heard you Taehyung... And - you still want me?"

"We are not talking about this over phone calls Jungkook. Are you okay?" he smiles, worried as he waits for Jungkook to answer. He can still hear him groaning.

"Yeah, okay, I understand. Promise you'd talk to me once I get back?"

"I promise..."

"Okay... Then... Erm... , I don't know what to say. I'm suddenly scared to go home but don’t get me wrong, I really do want to see you.”

"I'm scared too... but it's you, right? I honestly don’t know how we’d talk about this, Jungkook. I often wonder how we’ll start, but maybe when you are here with me, it will just work itself out. We’ll do it together..." Taehyung gnaws on his lower lip, nervous because of his honesty towards Jungkook. He really shouldn’t have talked to him about this over the phone but the feeling inside of him simply cannot be contained any longer. He has to seize the moment before it’s gone.

"Tae -"

"Just get back here okay? I have to go."

"Wait! Can I - can I still text you?"

Taehyung smiles and chuckles. Jungkook on the other side almost chokes at the sound of it.

"Yes, Jungkook. You can."

--

Taehyung knows Jungkook is on the premises. He wouldn't have found his favorite chocolate drink sitting on his desk, otherwise. He once told him how he prefers this drink from a specific place he likes to frequent with Jimin, in the morning. The sticky note attached to it only serves as confirmation.

Can't wait to see you today. - JK

He can't wait to see him as well, actually. He's nervous and he doesn’t think they'll get to talk about things out today but that doesn’t dampen his excitement at the prospect of seeing the younger.

Just before lunch, Taehyung dismisses the team he chose for designing the executive village in Gangnam. Of course, he added Saeron so she can start learning to work with the rest of the members. He is serious about keeping their contact strictly professional after all.

Taehyung stretches his neck as he steps into his office. He's been feeling a little unwell over the weekend and remembers telling Jungkook that, making the younger worry. Taehyung was surprised to find that Jungkook hadn’t changed in the worrywart department. He wouldn’t stop until Taehyung swallowed some medication during their facetime on Sunday evening. He even suggested that Taehyung stay home until he felt better, but being stubborn, he didn’t want Jungkook to win on this.

It's funny how they became so comfortable again, so quickly. They act as if nothing happened. They act like a couple. Taehyung knows it's crossing the line, especially since they still have so many issues to resolve, yet here they are like the last five years didn't exist. Taehyung realizes that he must really be sick to let his guard down and allow this to happen.

He closes his eyes as he leans back in his chair, but his train of thought is interrupted by a knock on the door. He doesn’t bother to respond, but his eyes fly wide as Jungkook’s all too familiar scent hits his nostrils.

Jungkook reaches his table with take-out bags in his hands. Yeonjun is trailing on his heels holding a smaller paper bag.

It’s not that he’s surprised at seeing Jungkook, he was expected. What catches him off guard is Jungkook himself. His hair is parted showing his forehead in all its glory, accentuating his handsome features and oh god – is he wearing contact lenses? How can he be this good-looking? It makes Taehyung want to slide down from his chair.

"Hey."

"Hi."

Taehyung can't help but beam at him and he notices Jungkook's smile falter in response, but he doesn’t care much.

"Did Yeonjun come earlier?" he asks watching the boy occupy one of the single sofas in his office.

"Somi dropped him off with me this time. She picked him up from daycare herself. Lunch?"

Somi fetched Yeonjun from Taehyung’s apartment on Sunday evening since she had completed her assignment, leaving her free to take her son home again.

"Sure? Since you’ve already brought food, it doesn’t leave me much choice now, does it? He is joking but Jungkook pouts, nevertheless.

"We can give these away and go out if you want -"

"Hey, it's okay. I didn't say it as a bad thing. I appreciate you coming here with food, now I wouldn't get into so much trouble for going out to eat."

Jungkook's face turns serious. "Are you still feeling sick?"

"I feel nauseous, but I think I can last for a day without collapsing... "

"Shall we visit the infirmary after we have our food to get you some more medicine?"

"Jungkook, I'm okay." Taehyung insists. He gets up from his seat, rounds his table and takes a paper bag from Jungkook. He smiles as he finds Yeonjun has already started eating. "You're that hungry, Yeonjunie? You didn't even wait for us to eat with you."

"Hyungs are taking too long."

"Tae... You're sure you’re okay?"

Rolling his eyes, he faces Jungkook. "I already said I am. Stop being bothersome. I'm fine. Let's just eat, okay - and thanks for the hot chocolate this morning. I needed it."

Jungkook watches Taehyung's every move. He's slower today compared to how he normally moves. Well, he's sick, that's how most people move when they're sick.

“Do you have medicine with you at least?” he insists as he sits beside Taehyung, who is now unpacking containers filled with foods. “I can go and get you some if you want?”

“Jungkook, you’re being so annoying right now.” Taehyung glares at him, but Jungkook doesn't back down until the older concedes. "Okay fine, if it will make you stop talking about it, I'll go get some meds from the infirmary, okay?"

“Yeonjun and I will come with you.”

“Fine with me.”

As they start digging into their food, Taehyung watches Jungkook as he eats. This is the first time after five years that they’re eating together. The way the younger holds his chopsticks is still the same. He eats cleanly which is very unlike Taehyung. He remembers being taken care of by the younger back when they’re still together. Taehyung tends to eat messily and Jungkook used to always have something beside him, ready to wipe things off his face for him. Maybe it became a habit because even now Jungkook is keeping all the paper napkins beside him.

“How’s your first day as the CEO?” He asks because it has been quiet for a while and he really wants to know how the younger feels. Remembering their lunch conversation from the week before, Taehyung knows that Jungkook is either acting tough or he really is ready for the responsibilities he has inherited.

Jungkook meets Taehyung’s gaze and smiles. “It’s not something I find hard, but there are still many things I need to learn for me to match up with my dad and my grandfather.”

“You can do it. You’ve been trained for it your whole life, after all, right?”

“Yes. My family is very supportive and they have my back. Although I wouldn’t like it if they end up stepping in to fix what I broke.”

“Just remember that you’re not alone in this, Jungkook," Taehyung says in a soft voice. "You have the entire JGC community behind you for help and support. Never think you are on your own.”

“I’m not saying I am –“

“Maybe not, but knowing you, you will make sure none of the problems you experience will affect anyone else and continue to try and figure things out on your own. That is just how you have always been.”

“Tae –“

“You need to learn that there are certain things where you’ll inevitably be needing help. Rely on your people, Jungkook.”

“I know that. I just – sorry Tae… I messed up, didn’t I?”

Taehyung doesn’t say anything and just continues eating. He didn’t mean to lash out like that, but he has to make sure Jungkook knows he’s not alone in this. He knows he has to tell him that or else he’ll go around trying to fix everything on his own again.

“Taehyung…”

“Hmm?”

“Later, after office hours, can I take you back to your apartment?”

Taehyung straightens up. “Why?”

“I just want to… can I?”

“I have my car with me though.”

“Oh… that’s too bad then. Some other time –“

"Actually, you can today," Taehyung says, munching on his food. "I can just leave my car in the underground parking and you can take me back."

“Then I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning for work?”

“Yeah, only if you want.”

“I’d love to, Tae.” Jungkook’s lips break into the bunny smile and Taehyung feels something kick him in his stomach. There's no one else that can make him feel like this, only Jungkook.

“Alright… it’s a plan.”

“Yes, it is. Perhaps we can grab dinner on the way back –“

“Yes, we can.”

After lunch, they both wait for Somi to come and pick up Yeonjun. She will be taking the boy with her to the island, along with their grandparents. He also thinks his father, Sejin will be going with Jongwan. They will be on the island before the start of the team building.

“Mom and Junghyun will be arriving on Thursday. I think they will be taking a connecting flight directly to the island without a stopover here.”

“Is there some family reunion happening?”

"No, it's just a normal celebration, I guess. Now that my grandparents are here and will be staying on the island, the family wants to just celebrate something as an excuse for wanting to see each other."

“Typical for the rich to just throw a party, huh?”

Jungkook chuckles beside him and shrugs. “I think it’s safe to say they just want to see me and congratulate me in person now that I am officially the CEO.”

Somi steps out of the elevator and stops in her tracks as she spots the two of them together. Taehyung is smiling at her weakly as he leans against the wall and Jungkook is leading Yeonjun to her.

“You guys will be taking the private jet, right?” he asks his cousin, who is still curious as to why the two are together with her child. “Tell dad that we’ll be right behind you and will arrive on Thursday.”

“Uncle Jongwan said he decided to just leave for the island on Thursday with you so no need for me to tell him that. On the other hand, are you guys planning on staying in the hotel or will you be with us at the mansion?”

“I think we’ll be staying in the hotel along with the others.” Jungkook is not sure with this anymore but didn’t voice that out. “I think we’ll decide on that once we arrived in the island.”

"Oh…" Somi turns to Taehyung who is busy watching the cousins talk. It feels really weird to see them together right now. “Taehyung-oppa, are you okay? Your complexion doesn’t look so good.”

"I'm a little unwell, but I'm good," Taehyung says, removing himself from the support of the wall. "I'm on my way to the infirmary as soon as you and Yeonjun leave.”

“And I’ll accompany him there, so you better leave now.”

“Uh-huh, okay. We’ll be on our way. Take care of Taehyung-oppa.”

"I will. Just go. Bye, buddy."

“Bye hyungies," Yeonjun says cutely, rubbing his eyes, definitely looking sleepy now.

Somi gives them on last scrutinizing look before the closing elevator doors cut her off and Jungkook presses the button for the executive elevator to his floor.

“I can just settle for the infirmary on this floor, Jungkook.”

“The doctor is in, in the infirmary on my floor.”

"And you think the doctor on this floor isn't in?"

“Just get on the elevator, Taehyung. The sooner you get your rest, the better.”

He really wants to say no, but then the elevator arrives, surprising both of them when they find Yoongi and Namjoon inside.

“What are you doing on this floor? We are just on our way to see you in your office.” Yoongi asks in confusion before he spots Taehyung behind the younger. “Oh… well, this is news.”

“Why are you together?” it’s Namjoon this time and Taehyung can feel his head throbbing from the implications of all the questions.

“Taehyung, you okay?”

Jungkook immediately holds his hand and all of them freeze in place.

“I – I really feel bad right now… I –“

“I’ll take you back to your apartment and maybe – Namjoon-hyung, can you call Jin-hyung? And ask for our family doctor to go there. I will not let Taehyung continue work today.”

“I – okay, I’ll call Jin, but hold him, I think he’s going to fall!”

And Taehyung does fall, except Jungkook has him safely tucked in his arms, before he can hit the ground.

--

It’s probably the lack of sleep and stress that’s finally catching up with him. Taehyung does not remember much of what happened next, but when he opens his eyes again, he is tucked in his own bed. He can hear a distant bark of Yeontan somewhere in the apartment and he can smell something really nice coming from the kitchen.

He sits up slowly, trying to adjust to the dark. There’s only his desk lamp on and it’s not enough to illuminate the whole room. The clock says it's 8:39 pm and the cold towel falls from his forehead as he sits up.

There are some opened packs of medication on his bedside table.

The door suddenly opens wide with Jin stepping through it, he hesitates a moment in surprise to see Taehyung is awake.

“Fever got you down real good, huh?”

“What’s my temperature?”

“39.9 degrees when you first got checked by the doctor.”

“No wonder I felt crappy.” He says weakly.

“That you do.” Jin approaches his bed and places his palm on his forehead. “Even now, you’re still hot. Also, I don’t know what’s happening but Jungkook is in your kitchen cooking up a storm, so you’ll have something to eat when you wake up.”

“Oh… he didn’t leave?”

“Leave?” Jin scoffs. “That kid ordered their family doctor around in a panic. He was so worried that we had to take him out of the room to calm him down. Even after the doctor said you’ll be fine, he wouldn’t stop because you had collapsed in his arms and were unconscious.”

Taehyung smiles, making Jin look at him in astonishment. “He was the one that bought your medicine because he doesn’t trust anyone else with the responsibility. We didn’t have enough urgency for his liking.”

“The usual Jungkook, huh? I’ve got it back, I guess.”

“Tae… the whole package of Jeon Jungkook is back. Back for you… you know that right? I mean, him being out there cooking you food and all he has done today so far is, I think, enough to prove that he's back for you. Not for anyone else and not with someone else.”

He is about to say something when Jungkook steps into the room, wearing an apron, which of course belongs to Taehyung, and with his sleeves neatly rolled up. The parted hair is now disheveled but it isn’t enough to mar the beauty of this man.

“You’re awake.” He greets Taehyung with a smile. “How do you feel?”

“He’s still hot, maybe you should take his temperature again before we drag him out of bed to eat.” Jin moves to hand Jungkook the thermometer and takes the ladle from the younger’s hand. “I’ll check on your cooking in the kitchen and ask Jimin to set the table so we can all eat.”

“Jimin is here?”

“All of us are here, Tae.” Jin sighs. “I know you’re upset with all that happened, but you can’t take it from any of us to care now that you’re sick. We’ve gotten used to… taking care of you.”

No one says a word for a whole minute because both Jungkook and Taehyung may or may not know what Jin meant there.

Jungkook left five years ago and no one was there to actually take care of Taehyung. He could have stayed in the Jeon’s mansion with his father, but he didn’t want to be in the way for them acting all lovey-dovey. They had been separated for so long and they deserved the space to love. Besides, he knew his father was sad and upset over the fact that Taehyung had lost his own happiness in the process. Taehyung made sure to tell his dad that he and Jongwan were not to blame for what happened between himself and Jungkook and the decisions they made. It was theirs to figure out. He never blamed anyone because Jungkook asked for space and he gave it to him because, at the time, he thought it was for the best. In short, losing Jungkook was no one’s fault. He let him go to find himself and whatever happened after that is no one’s fault either. Except for the part where everyone hid the fact that Jungkook was indeed still in-touch with everyone around him.

Taehyung keeps his eyes on Jungkook as the younger makes his way to where he’s seated. Their friends are definitely asking each other what’s happening, but Taehyung will not explain anything to anyone. This is about him and Jungkook. He had promised himself that if he and Jungkook were to travel down this road again, it will be just the two of them alone, without the involvement of anyone else. He's going to make this right and he trusts Jungkook to do this with him.

Jungkook does the same thing Jin did before he left the room. He places a palm on Taehyung's forehead, clicking his tongue and before Taehyung realizes it, the thermometer is being placed in his ear followed by a soft beeping sound indicating his temperature has been taken.

"It's still 38.7°. You still have it..."

"It's probably just a common cold, Jungkook. It's no big deal. Can you help me out of bed?"

Jungkook lends him one hand while the other carefully moves the blanket from Taehyung's body.

"You feeling dizzy?"

"Yeah, the world's still spinning."

The hand that holds Taehyung never leaves even when they're out of his room. Their friends are all there, occupying seats around the table, whispering to each other.

"You feeling any better, Tae?" Jimin asks with hesitation lacing his voice.

"No." Jungkook pulls out a chair for him to sit on. "I just feel so nauseous. I feel like throwing up all the time... But right now I'm starving."

"Eat then. I've made a lot for everyone." Jungkook serves Taehyung while everyone else is watching.

Why are they together?

Why is Jungkook acting like nothing happened?

Why is Taehyung acting like everything is okay now?

Jin has been asking Jungkook but all he got from the younger is that they are not back together and that they're still not okay. But the sight in front of them implies otherwise.

Jimin was shook to find Jungkook in the apartment when he arrived. He almost kicked the younger out but for Jin telling him that it's okay and it was Jungkook who brought Taehyung back and called him.

To see Jungkook panicking and not leaving Taehyung's side while the Doctor examined him was quite a sight as well. It's not new to see Jungkook worrying too much, especially when it comes Taehyung, they witnessed it five years ago. They know just how protective Jungkook is over the other. But what's bothering them is the scene now.

Why is Taehyung allowing this to happen?

Isn't he still upset? He was disappointed and was awfully hurt when Jungkook came back, so what's happening right now?

"You guys aren't eating?" Taehyung asks while munching his food. The others are too busy gawking, they are all watching their every move and it's kind of awkward for them both.

“Ah…” Namjoon speaks up to break the silence because no one else really tries. “We’re going to, of course.”

God, this is awkward.

No one speaks until they’ve all cleared their plates. Jungkook gets up to fetch the medicine from Taehyung’s room, giving the others a chance to ask their questions.

“What the is happening?” Yoongi asks in a whisper, almost making Taehyung smile if he wasn't reminded that he still has not fully forgiven any of his friends. "Why is that kid here, Taehyung? I'm not against it, you should know that. But seeing him here when we all know how upset you are with him and of course with us too, is really confusing. We’re not going to assume you’re back together because Jungkook clearly said you aren’t and that you’re still not okay but –“

“We really aren’t and yes, you shouldn’t assume anything.” Taehyung cuts off the older with his sharp eyes on them. “You should stop, and I know what I’m doing.”

"We know you do, Tae," Jimin says, trying to stop himself from reaching out for his friend’s hand. “And we’re not going to ask further about this… if this makes you feel okay –“

“It doesn’t make me feel just okay, Jimin. This makes me happy.”

“– then if it makes you happy then okay… but please don’t get yourself hurt, Tae. I’ve reached my quota of seeing you hurt.”

“Who hurt me here really?” Jimin lowers his head as Taehyung asks that. They all know what he means.

“And if it will make you feel better, Saeron and Jungkook –“ Jin tries, but Taehyung raises his hand to dismiss whatever it is Jin is about to say.

“I’d rather hear that from Jungkook himself… when I’m ready. So please… say no more.”

Before anyone can speak up again, Jungkook is back with the medicine and he’s on his phone with the family doctor informing him that the fever has not yet broken and confirming what Taehyung should take next. Taehyung is glaring at his friends, asking them to just drop it.

“Okay… Tae, take this and then this, after that one.” Jungkook says as he puts the medicine in front of him.

Jungkook sits back down beside Taehyung with a glass of water, handing it to the other before turning back to his friends.

“Who’s staying here with Tae?”

--

As Jin leads Taehyung back to his room, Jungkook sees everybody else out and that’s when Jimin speaks with Jungkook about something he has to know.

“Kook, I know you already know what happened to Taehyung before, but I didn’t tell you anything about the results of his tests when he got hospitalized and I think I should tell –“

“Chim, it’s okay.” Jungkook smiles but exhaustion is visible on his face and Jimin’s heart goes out to him for a second there. “I think I should learn what really happened to Taehyung for myself through him telling me. You’ve done your part, Jimin. I shouldn't rely on you or anyone else anymore. This is my mess to fix, not yours. Taehyung says we're going to talk things out when he's ready and I…" a tear falls from Jungkook’s eyes and Jimin wants to hug the younger but doesn’t. “I’m willing to wait till he’s ready, Chim… Right now it’s enough for me to see him and stay beside him without him pushing me away.”

He can never push you away, Jungkook. That’s what’s on both Jimin and Yoongi’s minds, but they decide to just drop it and let Jungkook handle things for himself as he wants.

“Don’t run away, Jungkook," Yoongi says in a low voice. “Just don’t run away again. That’s the only way for you to fix this with Taehyung. Don’t run away from him…”

“Even if I wanted to, I don’t think I can anymore. It hurts me too much to be away from him, hyung –“

“Exactly why you shouldn’t run away anymore, Kook-ah. The only thing left for you to do is go back to where you left him and pick up the pieces from there so you can move on together… he’s not going anywhere, Jungkook. The earlier you understand that the better you guys will become at apologizing for mistakes and making it better. But if you aren't planning on doing any of that, I may have to ask you to leave him alone." Jimin gnaws his lower lip. “Don’t start with this if you’re going to leave him again, Kook-ah… please.”

“I’ll take Jimin back now. Stay here with Taehyung and don’t leave him alone. I’ll ask the maids from the mansion to pack some of your clothes for tomorrow so you can go to the office from here. And kid?”

Jungkook meets Yoongi’s gaze. “Figure this out and fix this okay? Don’t run away.”

--

“Kookie, do you still love me?”

“Why are you asking me that, Tae?”

Taehyung's grip on his phone tightens, lower lip bit as he tries to suppress the cry. "I just… I don't know, I just suddenly want to hear it… and I know I shouldn't tell you this but I miss you. Like, all the time… it just hurts not to be near you right now."

There’s a sigh from the other the other end of the line before he hears that voice again. “It’s only been three months, Tae but yeah… it takes a lot for me to get used to the idea that we’re nowhere near each other. I miss you too, baby. All the time… I really do. And I’ll do anything to be able to go be where you are.”

“But why did you stop?”

Suddenly, his chest tightens.

“Why did you stop, Jungkook?!”

“WHAT MADE YOU STOP, JUNGKOOK?!”

He’s breathing heavily.

“Hey Jimin… do you think Jungkook still thinks of me?

“Tae… I – I really don’t know… I’m sorry. There’s no way for us to call him and even if we try, he always rejects our calls…”

“Why? What did I do to deserve this? Have I done something bad? Am I not worth it?”

“No Tae, you’re perfect –“

“THEN WHY!?”

He finds himself alone in the room. The smell of hospital surrounding him and the pain in his head stings.

He can hear voices, frantic voices and someone calling his name.

“Tae… please baby…”

“Taehyung, wake up…”

“It’s been three days, Tae… baby please…”

He wakes up but he’s still in a dizzy state. He’s not really awake but he can hear a voice and it’s lulling him back to sleep.

A series of I love you’s are uttered.

“Baby… I’m so sorry… I miss you…”

He opens his eyes, this time wider. He can see Jimin looking at him with tears in his eyes and he can see how the nurses were asking Jimin to calm down and move away from the bed.

“K – Kookie…” is his first word in that state and –

His vision is deteriorating like those times, as he looks frantically around the same room where he was lulled to sleep by Jin. His breathing is erratic and the pain in his chest is more pronounced.

He’s hurting, that dream opened up the wounds of the past.

“Tae?”

The voice startles him but the as soon as Jungkook’s face is in clearer view, Taehyung calms down.

“Hey…” the younger says again in a gentle whisper. “Are you okay? How are you feeling now? Do you want me to get you water or anything? What do you want?”

Taehyung doesn’t say anything and then Jungkook asks him again with a smile.

“What do you want, Tae? Tell me…”

“I –“ he chokes and gathers all his strength to sit up.

“Why are you crying, Tae? Is it a bad dream?”

“Y-Yes…” he croaks out and Jungkook moves to sit on the bed. “It was really bad…”

“Does it… was I in the dream?”

“Yes…”

“Oh…”

Taehyung sits there, crying. Jungkook doesn't know what to do, so he just stays beside Taehyung. He knows what he has done, and he thinks nothing can bring them back to the times they were happy together. There's nothing that can hurt him more than that.

“Tae… I know I’ve hurt you so much and right now it hurts me to see you like this… seeing you cry is like a kick to make me realize what I’ve done and what I’ve lost… I know I shouldn’t promise you anything. I can’t promise that I won’t hurt you if you ever take me back, because I know I probably will and there’s nothing that scares me more than messing things up again… and if I could just walk away and leave you alone, if that means you get to smile again, I will… I will Tae…”

“Why is it that every time you’re in this kind of situation the first thing you can think of is running away?”

“Tae… this isn’t me running away. This is me facing the reality that I’ve lost you.”

“YOU DIDN’T LOSE ME, JUNGKOOK! YOU NEVER ONCE LOST ME! I AM HERE.” With tearful eyes, he meets Jungkook’s eyes who are stunned by the sudden raise on his voice. “Yes, I’m hurt and we should definitely talk about what’s happening and what’s going to happen and if we could make this work this time around. But the sight of you leaving me still haunts me in my sleep, Jungkook! And it still hurts here!” Taehyung hits his chest. “But I still want you… I want you so ing much even after five years of your absence from my life… I still do and I don’t know how else I should deal with this because I’m ing scared… scared of you leaving again. I don’t want to go down that road again, Jungkook and if you’re not going to be with me on this, then yes… I need you to leave now, because it hurts too much and I don’t think I can handle it again, Jungkook… I –“

Jungkook pulls Taehyung into a tight hug and this time Taehyung allows him.

“I’m so sorry, Tae… I’m so ing sorry. I'm not going anywhere! I already told you that, right? I'm not going anywhere so, please… please tell me how I can make it up to you. I'll do anything to fix this. I'll do anything to fix what I broke and I'll be better this time… please just give me another chance with you again, Tae. Allow me to love you again because I don't think I can ever stop and I know I've hurt you, and I ing know I don't deserve you but please… I won't run anymore. I'm here to stay, Tae… hold me down. Allow me to stay beside you again Tae…” Jungkook sobs and Taehyung thinks it just breaks him again, hearing how this man is so scared of hurting him again and is trying so desperately hard to stay now.

Taehyung knows Jungkook is as scared as he is, and that his fear of messing things up and hurting Taehyung again is the very reason why he wanted to run away.

“Please hold me Tae… please…”

And when Taehyung hugs him back, it’s as if everything that fell apart in his world is magically back in place. He sobs louder this time, as Taehyung rubs comforting circles on his back. Louder, because Taehyung is whispering to him that it’ll all be okay, that they will be okay, and because Taehyung is holding him again the same way he used to before.

It’s a long time before Jungkook settles beside Taehyung on his bed without talking. Taehyung traces Jungkook’s face with his fingers, trying to familiarize himself with what he has missed during those five years. Jungkook is doing his own tracing on Taehyung’s back. The older is practically on top of him and they’re both aware they’re cuddling right now but neither cares.

“Are we going to talk about the… situation we’re in right now?” Jungkook breaks the silence, halting Taehyung’s tracing on his face.

“Aren’t we supposed to be sleeping? You just became a CEO, mister and I just got promoted. I don’t think it’s nice to show up late tomorrow just a few days after you came back…” Taehyung says with a hint of amusement.

“I’ve been gone for years Tae, I’m sure they’ll understand, and I don’t think Dad will hate me if I don’t show up for work tomorrow. He knows I’ll be trying to fix things that I broke because of my stupidity and –“

“Stop pointing that out, Jungkook.” Taehyung hits the younger’s chest.

“Tae, we both know it’s stupid.”

“Only you think it’s stupid.”

“Well – yeah, so stop stopping me from pointing it out because I’m still so guilty.”

“Okay go ahead and guilt-trip yourself some more.”

They snicker and it doesn’t take Taehyung long before he’s tucking himself closer to Jungkook than he already is. Jungkook pulls him even closer with his bone-crushing grip, but Taehyung can’t find it in himself to mind it one little bit.

"Do you know where our relationship went wrong, Jungkook?”

“What do you mean?”

Taehyung lets out a sigh before hugging Jungkook even tighter. "I need you to be on the same wavelength as me, Jungkook… I need you to know where our relationship went wrong, understand it and be willing to make it better for us to make this work … I – I want you back… do you feel the same?”

“I thought I made myself clear on the first day already, Tae.”

“You need to start using words to express how you feel Jungkook," Taehyung says frustratedly and moves away from Jungkook’s hold to meet the younger’s eyes. “That’s where we go wrong. We don’t talk, Jungkook. And unless we both learn how to, I don’t think we can make this work.”

 

--

 

Taehyung watches Jungkook serve him hot chocolate at 4 am in the morning. They both couldn't sleep anymore after what Taehyung pointed out about their relationship and it's safe to say that Jungkook has been thinking on it ever since.

 

“Sit down, Jungkook," Taehyung calls him out of his bubble of thought, and he finds himself sitting across from Taehyung. "Are you okay? Tell me what's bothering you."

“I… I really don’t know. I’ve been thinking about what you said and I’m –“

“You’re trying to find answers on your own?”

“Yeah.”

Taehyung sighs and holds Jungkook’s cold hands. “Look at me, Jungkook…” once the younger’s eyes are on him, he smiles. “Stop doing that, Jungkook. If you have anything you're confused about, tell me. I might have the answers you wanted to hear. You know, when I said that, I thought because you're smart, you'll understand, but I guess it's not like that, so let me tell you where we tend to mess up, okay?" Jungkook nods with his eyes trained on Taehyung curiously. “Our communication , Jungkook. It before and it still now. Before, all we could think about was how to hide the truth from each other, because we wanted to protect each other from it. Now, it’s no better than before, because we let others do the talking on our behalf again, just like before and we need to fix that.”

“How do we fix that Tae?”

"So... I want you to listen to me before saying anything. Is that okay?"

"Of course. Go ahead. Help me understand."

"I - first of all I want to talk about what I think happened five years ago. Meeting you, Jungkook is something I'll always be glad for. It's probably my first favorite thing before falling in love with you. And... Right now it's still is my favorite part. It'll always be us finding each other and then us falling in love. I don't mind going through that again if it's with you. But something has changed, and our separation lead us to where we are now. Time has changed some of our perspective, I believe that for us to be able to make this work, we need to always talk about even the tiniest of things that could lead us to any kind of misunderstanding or argument."

"Jungkook... I - you being gone has taken its toll on me and I am still scared of the possibility of you leaving again. I know you’ve assured me that you will not leave me again, but I struggle to believe you one hundred percent because things are still so messy between us. I can't have another secret breaking us apart... I can't have you walking out on me anymore... I can't have you ghosting me, because it hurts too much, Jungkook... It really does and I can't imagine myself struggling through the same situation again, because next time I think I might really lose it and kill myself. When I lost contact with you, inexplicably, my worst fears were realized. My anxiety attacks were so intense back then Jungkook. I was then, depressed because there’s no you. I couldn’t find a way to get you back because I promised I wouldn’t make a move to call you in fear of disrupting your adventure in finding yourself and I was so broken, Jungkook."

"Tae -"

"No, don't talk yet. I'm not done..." Taehyung calms himself down and locks gazes with Jungkook, who now is gripping Taehyung's hands tightly. "I believe in myself when I'm with you, Jungkook. I trust myself more when I'm with you... And I want your eyes on me and I'll keep my eyes on you. I want you to only believe in me, confront only me and talk only to me when we're having problems... After talking to my dad, I have come to the conclusion that it's because we let others have their opinions in our relationship that we always end up with a bigger problem. So, we have to eliminate that unhealthy because it didn’t work before, and it won't work now... We won’t allow it... There's only you and I in this relationship, Kookie..."

Jungkook suddenly feels his lungs tighten upon hearing Taehyung use the nickname as if it's the trigger, Jungkook starts to tear up again, matching Taehyung's already glossy eyes.

"We shouldn't allow others to solve everything for us Kookie... Tell me what's bothering you, tell me what's making you happy, tell me what scares you, tell mewhat hurts you, tell me everything Kookie and I'll tell you everything... I'll give you all of me. I won't let you worry about me because I'll always tell you where I'd go and who I am with... Same goes for you. Tell me where you are and who are you with. Just don't let your phone die or I'll worry... Do you understand? I want you... All of you. With me. With just the two of us, Kookie. Can you have me like that?"

Jungkook watches as the tears roll down Taehyung's cheeks, but this time it's different. It's his Taehyung's eyes and so he finds himself holding the other's face as his thumbs wipe away the tears.

"Baby..." He says and Taehyung smiles.

"Yes?"

"I should be the one telling you all of that... Why do you have to -"

"Shh... It doesn't matter who did it first. Now, answer me -"

"Of course I'll have you even more like that, Tae. You don't know how this - actually can I tell you something too?"

"Yes... Go on."

"It's just, no matter how many times I look at you, I'd always find you beautiful. And baby, finding you is also my favorite part of you and I. You're the best part of us, Tae. And I know you're already fed up with hearing this from me, but I'm still so -"

"Don't... Kookie, please. No more apologies... Let's just make it better, okay? Let's strive to improve on us, Kookie. It's always better with you."

"I know. It being without you."

They smile stupidly at each other but somehow Taehyung knows that they will come back stronger than before the separation. 

“Tae?”

“Hmm?”

“I realized something after all the things I heard from those who talked to me… and my mom and dad made me realize that our love is not like any other love. That we’re different because it’s us… and I know I’m dumb for not realizing that sooner and I know I’ve hurt you so many times, I’m so ing sorry…”

“Ssh… Kookie, look at me, please… you’re right. We’re different because it’s us. So now I want you to think that it’s not about you and it’s not about me anymore. It’s about us. And we’re going to take one step at a time till we’re both ready again.”

 

--

 

To say that everyone they’ve met on their way to Taehyung’s office is shocked at seeing them together is an understatement. The two were walking side by side and both are smiling as they chat away.

 

They’re late in coming to work, but Jungkook did call his cousins to inform them that they both would be.

 

“You should go straight to your office, Jungkook," Taehyung says as he presses the buttons to his and Jungkook’s floors and the elevator doors close. “Don’t you have anything to do this morning?”

 

“I do have a luncheon meeting with Yoongi and Namjoon together with some investors, so I might not be down here for lunch.”

 

“That’s fine. Yeonjun will be – oh, I forgot they’ve already gone to the island. I guess I’ll just eat with the team today then.” He shrugs.

 

The elevator dings and it confuses Taehyung when Jungkook steps out of it with him. “What are you doing? Your stop is not here.”

 

“I know. But it’s your stop.”

 

“And?”

 

“And so, I’ll walk you to your office, Tae.”

 

“I’m fine on my own –“

 

“Remember what you told me? It’s not about you and me anymore. It's about us. So let's go, I'll just see you safely inside your office, then I'll go up to my own."

 

“You’re unbelievable.”

 

“That I am.”

 

The team greets them, surprised to see Jungkook with Taehyung, but deciding not to say anything about it. Taehyung is about to enter his office when Jungkook stops behind him, so he turns around and sees the younger looking at Saeron, who is discussing something with some of their teammates.

 

“Do you have something to tell her?”

 

Jungkook turns back to him and nods carefully. “I do have something to tell her, is that okay?”

 

“Of course Jungkook.” Taehyung touches Jungkook’s cheek and nods to tell him he understands and that it’s okay. “Tell me you’re off to your office once you’re done, okay?”

 

“Okay, Tae.”

 

Taehyung steps inside of his office and Jungkook makes his way to Saeron, who is surprised to see him.

 

“Oh, hey. How’s your head? I heard about the accident.”

 

"I realized you probably did… you didn't come to see me though."

 

Saeron snorts and hits his shoulder. “I was there. I just didn’t come in because I saw Taehyung-ssi with your cousin and Jin-ssi. I realized I shouldn’t be there and make things complicated.”

 

“Sae… I’m sorry. I know I’ve been neglecting you –“

 

“Hey , look here.” Saeron holds Jungkook’s face and makes the other look at her. “It’s okay. Focus on getting your man back. I’m happy you’re making progress, Kookie and you should continue doing so. Don’t mind me, I’m okay. And you should tell me what’s happening okay?” she giggles and boops Jungkook’s nose playfully. “You look happy with him and he does too.”

 

“Yeah… we, erm, we talked and we’re trying to fix things, together.”

 

“That’s good, Kookie. You’re doing good!”

 

“Yeah, so now… about the thing I promised to you.”

 

Saeron looks at him, confused. “What?”

 

“About going to the island, a day earlier and showing you around there…”

 

“What about it?”

 

Taehyung can see the exchange of gestures and soft smiles between Saeron and Jungkook and he knows he shouldn't feel jealous, but he can't help it, after all, he still hasn't heard anything about them from Jungkook because he is yet to ask.

 

Jungkook looks comfortable with Saeron and it kind of makes him feel uneasy because he used to be the only one Jungkook was comfortable to be around. He used to be the only one that could touch Jungkook without making him uncomfortable and seeing how Saeron is so touchy with Jungkook now makes him feel so damn uncomfortable. He wants to yank the other away from her, but he knows he shouldn’t.

 

After all, he’s still yet to know what happened to Jungkook in Canada and England and what made those two really close, right?

--

A/N: I KNOW! I KNOW some will freak out because I ended it this way BUT! TRUST! ME! Saeron is not an enemy. And don't overthink about what Jungkook could possibly mean with whatever he is saying to Sae. Trust me, it'll be fine.

For now, let me know what you think about what you've seen so far for this fic. If you think this is going too fast, I can slow it down. Just tell me. If you are one of those who doesn't want to drag this any longer, tell me too. Your opinion matters. <3