Oh b(r)other

Not a Scam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several days had passed since that Saturday date. Yuri was walking aimlessly at the school's garden, trying to take her mind off. Having 1 and a half hour free, she wanted a break from everything. Being with Yena was confusing her the more time they spend time together. It was getting harder, to deny her confused feelings.

 

'I shouldn't have accepted the contract.' Thoughts of regret flooded her mind.

 

But, she needed the money. Sitting on the bench near the water fountain, the thoughts overflowed. Only interrupted by a tall male bachelor that walked near the bench and sat beside her. She found it weird. After all, it was a female-exclusive university.

 

Side glancing the guy reminded her of someone, but couldn't pinpoint who. Thinking that the guy was only there to wait for someone, Yuri went back to her thoughts, which were getting more depressing with each second that passed.

 

"You come here a lot?"

 

He slowly turned to face her.

 

"I said," He inhaled and exhaled. "Do you come here a lot?"

 

Yuri looked at the ground and answered, "Y-yeah…"

 

A random question was suddenly thrown at her. "So what do you think of rich guys?"

 

Yuri felt weird hearing it. "Uhm… That they're rich?"

 

The guy chuckled. "Funny answer." He then asked further, this time, his eyes were serious. "What about rich girls?"

 

"Same as earlier, I guess?" Yuri felt uncomfortable but answered his question.

 

'Mhmm… She's interesting.' The guy then stood up. "Sorry for the weird questions but… Do you want to go out with me?" He asked, clasping both hands together to beg the girl in front.

 

That's it. Yuri wanted to get out of there. "I'm sorry but I already have a girlfriend. And I'm busy with my studies. I'm leaving." As she was going to leave, the guy held her wrist and forcefully slid a card into her fingers.

 

"Call me." The guy let go of her and walked away.

 

Yuri was left alone in that garden. Looking at the card and finally realizing 'Is this… her older brother?'

 

***

 

In the library, Yujin and Wonyoung were working for their College Algebra work, the two decided to pair up and try tackling the 100 problems their professor gave them. It’s an out-of-class one and it needed results.

 

However, Wonyoung was teaching Yujin several shortcuts she learned from cram school so the girl could efficiently answer half of the questions.

 

"Okay… So… Do you finally understand how I got this 32 here?" Wonyoung's eyes were narrowing as Yujin kept on scratching her head, trying to understand the mess that is Math.

 

Yujin gave up. Resting her right cheek to the scratch paper on the table, she looked at Wonyoung. "No, I do not."

 

Wonyoung was about to lose her patience when the puppy suggested another activity.

 

"Hey, how about we grab something to eat? This number thing is making my mind hurt."

 

Wonyoung sighed. "It's just an hour of suffering. Suffer in silence. Suffer with me."

 

"I refuse. I cannot math." Yujin shook her head, burying her whole face to the paper this time.

 

"Yujinnie, please."

 

"Wonyoungie, no." Yujin kept on shaking her head to Wonyoung's chagrin.

 

Wonyoung tried thinking of something to bribe Yujin. It didn't take her a while to remember about that. "If you manage to keep up with me, I'll tell you more about it."

 

Yujin rose immediately, this time with a motivated expression on her face. "Alright! Let's get it!"

 

The librarian heard their noise and sent a glare their way. The two gulped and continued with their work.

 

Meanwhile, in one of the discussion rooms of the library, a Japanese freshman who sported her hair in pigtails was persevering alone, sitting on a couch. Hitomi took on the 75 problems alone thinking she's one strong and independent individual. Miu had offered to be her workmate but she refused. Thank goodness their class size was an odd number and that gave her an excuse. Because the teacher wasn't that much of a terror, Hitomi's questions were decreased by a fourth, just to show her mercy.

 

Hitomi didn't know why she refused Miu's offer. Was it because the Japanese was afraid that her feelings for Chaewon would vanish? Was it because Hitomi was still clinging to a tiny hope that Chaewon would somehow leave everyone for her? The girl shook her head, trying to forget those weird thoughts in her head. The lone girl decided she wanted to be single. Relationship wasn't a necessity. Yes.

 

'After all, the accrual basis of Accounting--' Hitomi stopped herself before thinking anymore of connecting Accounting principles to her already barren love life. For her, just being single is enough. Looking from afar was enough. 'Feelings are like Sunk costs. Irrelevant!' The raven-haired girl convinced herself. Hitomi really needs to stop looking at those Accounting Student pages were they connect everything to their Accounting lessons.

 

Suddenly, the door opened. Hitomi recalled reserving the whole room to herself, using the Identification Numbers and Names of her friends to somehow secure it without problems. Good thing the librarian doesn't really bat an eye after reserving a room. You can only reserve one by using 4 Identification Numbers after all. Dismissing all that, Hitomi looked at the intruder and rolled her eyes.

 

"What do you want, Chaewonnie?" Hitomi watched her close the door and take the spot beside her.

 

Chaewon looked at the papers on the table and saw the algebra problems. She hummed. "So where are your other friends?"

 

Hitomi glared at her. "What do you mean 'other friends?' I'm the only one here."

 

Chaewon tried recalling some names. "Jo Yuri, Jang Wonyoung, and Huh Yunjin." Hitomi gulped knowing where this was going. "You're supposed to be studying several accounting subjects here and not College Algebra. For an hour and a half." She then smirked at Hitomi. "Unless you exploited that loophole in the Library policies and somehow secured this all to yourself."

 

Hitomi rolled her eyes once more. "Fine. I admit it. I did the thing."

 

Chaewon chuckled and ruffled her hair. "That's my honest Hitomi."

 

Hitomi, annoyed, removed Chaewon's hand from her hair. "Aish!"

 

Chaewon laughed this time. "The way you say that is so cute, I can't!"

 

Hitomi grimaced. "Can't you just let me study in peace?"

 

Chaewon stopped laughing, looking into Hitomi's eyes this time. "I would if you let me sleep here."

 

"Fine, fine." Hitomi sighed, exasperated. "Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be in class?"

 

Chaewon laid her head on Hitomi's right arm. "The professor came down with the flu. She just told us to study the chapter for a recitation next meeting."

 

Hitomi tensed, feeling the girl's weight on her arm, smelling the scent of her perfume, and hearing her voice. A deadly three-hit combo. Half of her wanted to enjoy it and the other wanted to get away. She, of course, chose the latter. "I can't write with your head on my arm, y'know?"

 

Chaewon pouted as she rose and laid her head on the table this time, Hitomi noticed the redhead's eyes on her but tried ignoring it to finish the problems.

 

'Can't I just stay like this with you? I'll leave anyone if you just ask me to… Just to be with you…' thought Chaewon, looking at the Japanese gently. Slowly, her eyes closed.

 

Half an hour later, Hitomi had noticed that the gaze had died down. She was busy after all and wasn't able to notice the redhead's activities. She looked and found the girl sleeping. She sighed and thought it'd be good to take a breather. Carefully moved the papers away and proceeded to lay her head on her left hand on the table. She looked at Chaewon once more.

 

'Can't I just stay like this with you? But if I do… I won't be able to fool myself that I don't love you…' Hitomi thought, eyes slowly closing.

 

Outside the discussion room, the Student Council President was just on her way out of the library after returning some of the books. She managed to catch a glimpse of the two, stopping on her tracks and looked at them. A pained expression took over her features, and the girl slightly gritted her teeth. Feeling something inside slowly taking over her. Jealousy.

 

***

 

After telling Yena to let her rest that day, with a lame excuse of being tired of grading her… Yuri was walking back to the dorms. Wanting to get away and forget that she was violating the contract somehow. Suddenly, a black Lamborghini Veneno Roadster welcomed her, dumbfounded as to why the car stopped in front of her.

 

The driver side's window opened, revealing the guy from earlier.

 

"Come with me. I have a lot to ask you."

 

Yuri bit her lip, annoyed. 'Are all of her relatives this arrogant?' She just wanted to get over it all and went to the passenger side of the car and entered. The car sped away, shocking a lot of students.

 

Chaeyeon and Sakura were included in some of those students. Chaeyeon looked at Sakura, their hands still intertwined on their way back to the school dorms.

 

"Who was that guy?" asked Chaeyeon.

 

Sakura sighed knowing who the person was. "This is going to be funny," said Sakura with an amused smile.

 

Meanwhile, inside the car, both the driver and the passenger were silent.

 

The guy would look at the rearview mirror from time to time to check up on her. He looked at the road, his lips started moving. "So what did you like about her?" A smirk slowly formed on his lips. "Her money, perhaps?"

 

Yuri sighed. "I didn't like your sister because of her money… I really like her."

 

The guy stepped on the brakes upon hearing it. Yuri could almost swear she'd be in a direct col

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter