Coward

Not a Scam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi and Chaeyeon ended up on the sharing the room with Kaeun, Sian, and Sae.

"Aww… Our final MT. I'll miss this. Everyone here but Chaeyeon will be taking the board this year, no?" Sian asked.

"Yeah. You can ask us for tips if you want, Chaeyeon." said Kaeun as she smiled at the blonde.

"Thanks, Kaeun-sunbae." Chaeyeon smiled back at her.

"So any plans for our last MT, pres?" asked Sae.

"Hmm…” Eunbi was unpacking “I want a collaboration with the ComSci people but it's probably not good, huh?"

"Hmm? You can always contact Myao to help us. That brat is probably too lazy to plan the MT for the ComSci peeps so she probably left it with the Stoic Preacher." Sian sat comfortably on the bed.

"Stoic Preacher? Who's that?" Sae tilted her head in confusion.

Eunbi sighed. "That must be Yabuki Nako."

"Eh? You know her?" Sae looked at Eunbi.

"Yeah. She's the Secretary of the Student Council. Her attitude kind of puts me off so I don't really like talking to her." Eunbi answered.

"Isn't Yabuki-sunbae the Secretary of the Computer Science Org as well? What happened to Takeuchi-sunbae and Takahashi-sunbae? Both of them are the Vice Presidents, right?" asked Chaeyeon.

"Ah! Takeuchi is busy joining Piano Competitions, right? It was a miracle she even made it here." Sian answered trying to recall more.

"And Takahashi is busy going back and forth to and from Japan due to family matters, if I recall correctly." Eunbi added.

"Poor ComSci people. Poor Nako." all of them muttered in unison.

"So we can ask them for help, right?" Sae smiled at Eunbi.

"I guess? I mean… We're already in the same resort, might as well have a collab MT?" Eunbi smiled back.

***

The Officers of both courses met up in the Resort's bar.

"So what's this all about?" Myao asked.

"I'm planning a collab MT." Eunbi proposed.

"I mean, the events would be less chaotic and stuff, don't you think?" added Sae.

"You want to have a collab MT instead? I already planned the events though." Nako looked at Eunbi.

"I figured it would be more fun if our organizations join, it would be more fun." Eunbi smiled professionally at Nako. "And besides…"

"What?"

"It's a good way to make those two reconcile, don't you think?"

"You have yourself a deal then." Affirmed Nako after a few seconds of reconsideration.

"Hey! Why are you guys leaving me out of this?!" Myao then butted in.

"Because I planned the MT." said Nako.

"Because she planned the MT." repeated Eunbi.

"Fine. I'll announce it. Don't make your plans obvious, alright? Let's make a joint event on Pavilion A later."

"So why are we here again?" asked Juri.

"Audience impact, I guess?" Miyu answered, snickering.

"Pres really got us there, Sae." Sian looked at Sae.

"As always. But we're actually saving a few million Won here. The President is actually cost cutting if you look at it." Sae replied as she checked their budget.

"As expected of Accounting Students. You guys are saving us a lot here as well." Myao smiled at Eunbi.

"Yeah. I figured out that since we're in the same place at the same time, why not save money?"

***

It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon the students in both courses are seated inside the pavilion. The Computer Science students were in the left while the Accountancy Students were seated on the right. The Presidents of both courses were standing in front of the lectern, said their greetings and began their speeches.

"And now that we're all here, both of us have announcements to make." Myao said as she viewed the paper on the lectern. "Since both courses are here and all, both Presidents were thinking to mix our events instead."

Groans could be heard all around the pavilion.

"Aww, come on! It's good that the two courses will bond, right? Who knows? Some of you might shift to the other and vice versa!" Myao added.

Nako palm met her face upon hearing the President's joke. 'Ugh, why did they even vote for her? They should've voted for a more deserving candidate like Gyuri.'

Still, groans could be heard after Myao's statement. Eunbi knew it was the time for her to step in.

"All of you know how important this MT is to everyone, especially to us, the seniors. However, both parties thought it would be a good idea to build friendship and camaraderie between the Departments since we both share the stress of handling these logically challenging courses, as well as promoting good will to more students in the student body. What good is it to be only friends with your sunbaes and hoobaes from the same course? With this joint MT, both courses could build good relationships with each other. Who knows? Maybe some of you end up working together. Don't you think so, everyone?"

Whispers of agreement were heard all over the room.

"As expected from the Student Council President."

"Man, I wish she was our President instead. Why did we vote for Miho-sunbae again?"

"Hey, I heard that!" Myao retorted.

"Furthermore, we can save a lot of money by combining our events, making your future required contributions lighter and your future events better. What do you think? It's worth the opportunity, isn't it?" Eunbi added as she smiled to the student body.

"She's right!"

"Aww man, they better ask for a smaller contribution this semester or I'll flip."

"That's Eunbi-sunbae for you. She's really good at planning."

Praises could be heard in the pavilion this time.

Yena then remembered something after hearing the students praising Eunbi's speech. Reminisced the time when they once went on a date.

Yena held Eunbi's hand as they walked. The mall was just a walking distance from Eunbi's, Yena offered her car but Eunbi declined the offer, saying it was more romantic and it could save more money.

"Don't you want to take the car instead? I don't want you to get tired." Yena insisted looking at Eunbi.

"No, it's alright, Yena. Don't you think it's more romantic if we walked together?" Eunbi smiled at Yena. This made Yena's heart flutter.

"O-oh… If you say so…" Yena scratched the back of her neck. This made Eunbi chuckle.

"You're so cute when you get flustered, Yena!" Eunbi stopped in her tracks to pinch Yena's cheeks.

"Eunbi-yah… I'm not a kid anymore…" Yena pouted and avoided Eunbi’s stare.

Eunbi removed her hands from Yena's cheeks and leaned closer, the distance between her face and Yena's diminishing every second until the distance was only several inches.

"Then would my grown up girlfriend kiss me?"

"Aigoo…! Stop teasing me…!" Yena walked ahead of Eunbi.

Eunbi chuckled.

"Yena! Wait for me!" Eunbi ran to catch up with Yena and when she did, their hands slowly intertwined. "I'm sorry for teasing you. You'll forgive me, right?" Eunbi looked at Yena.

Yena just nodded while blushing.

"You're so cute, Yena." Eunbi said as two continued walking. "Yena." Eunbi said the girl's name out of the blue.

"Yes?"

"Let's get married in the future." Eunbi was smiling.

This made Yena blush more.

"In the future, huh…? I guess I'll marry you then." Yena said, looking away.

"Ah! Don't look away when you say that!"

Yena's mind returned to the present, where she was alone and she felt miserable.

"Future, huh?" Yena smiled bitterly. Chaewon and Minju went to the ladies' room and thus she was only with Yujin on their chairs. Sakura was the Representative of the juniors of her year level so she was helping with the Preparations together with Nako, Sae, and Sian. Yujin saw the sadness on Yena's smile and patted her back. She knew that Yena was still thinking about Eunbi.

"That's why you have to get Yuri-sunbae back.” she whispered to Yena.

"I don't know, Yujin." Yena looked on the ground. "I don't really think the plan's going to work."

"Trust me. It will." Yujin smiled at Yena.

Yena smiled back bitterly.

Nako then went forward to announce the groupings. Sakura was chuckling behind Nako, making the small girl annoyed which prompted her to elbow Sakura. The act made Sakura wince a little.

"That was my kidney…!" Sakura mouthed.

Nako elbowed her once more.

"Ouch!" Sakura mouthed.

Nako moved to the lectern and stepped on the platform to make herself appear higher. She announced the groupings which were too obvious to a certain few that they laughed almost immediately.

Yujin was in the same group with Wonyoung. Minju and Chaewon ended up in the same group. Hyewon and Hiichan ended up as teammates and in an obvious twist of fate, or more like, grouping mishap, Yuri and Yena ended up in the same group.

Eunbi, Nako, Chaeyeon, and Sakura were officers and thus were excluded from the groupings. Except for the checkpoints for the Amazing Race event every course has on their MTs. Eunbi and Nako were paired for one checkpoint and Chaeyeon and Sakura on another.

After the announcement of the groupings, Chaeyeon went to the lectern.

"Now that the groupings had been announced, you may go to your teammates and get to know each other as well as decide your group names. We will be giving the materials for your group logo in a while."

Everyone went to their teams. Hyewon didn't want to leave Yuri but Hiichan dragged her away to their teams. Hyewon however, managed to run away from Hiichan and ran back to Yuri.

"Are you going to be alright with her around?"

"I'll be fine. Don't worry." Yuri smiled.

"Just tell me if she bothers you. I'll run over a puddle for you." Hyewon tried to make her laugh.

"A puddle? So that's my value to you as a friend?" Yuri chuckled. "Anyway, go to your team. I'll go to mine now." Yuri started walking to her group.

'As a friend, huh?' Hyewon thought.

As Yuri walked to the direction of her group, she immediately saw Yena's back who was busy typing on a laptop, she tried reading the lips of her groupmates and it only looked like they're all complaining about Yena's lack of care for the event. After sighing deeply Yuri went next to them.

"Ah, aren't you Jo Yuri-san?" A beaver-looking girl whose nametag spelt 'Kato Yuka' asked her.

"Ah, you're one of my sunbaes from Accounting, right?" Yuri smiled at her.

"Yeah. Let's do our best, alright?" Yuri nodded in response. Yuka quickly gave a glance on their other groupmates. "Care to introduce yourselves?"

"I'm Kim Choyeon. Freshman from ComSci's 2nd block. It will be a short vacation but let's do our best." The girl's intense gaze made them quite scared of her.

"Motomura Aoi. Junior from ComSci's 2nd block. Let's do our best." Her sweet smile and height made her look like a freshman. Aoi then looked around her. "Oh, Sakura's not around anymore. Good. I'll spill some sweet secrets about her later as we go along--" Before she could finish her sentence, she felt an intense glare from the stage.

"If you plan to tell them about that again, I will make sure to deport you back to Japan right this instant, Motomura." Sakura's intense gaze sent chills to Aoi's spine.

"I WASN'T TELLING THEM ANYTHING YET, DANG IT!" Aoi shouted back from her position.

Sakura sighed upon hearing her response.

After their brief exchange, Aoi looked at the person typing on her laptop. Aoi sighed.

"Introduce yourself, kouhai."

Yena stopped typing.

"Choi Yena. 1st block. Sophomore. Computer Science. Nice meeting all of you." Yena avoided looking at Yuri and went back to typing.

Aoi looked at Yena and Yuri. She then elbowed Choyeon a bit.

"Yes, sunbae?"

"These two sure are stiff. Want in in my plan?" Aoi whispered.

"Oh…! They're that couple, right? I so want in on this…!" Choyeon whispered back.

"Sure, sure. Contact the beaver." Aoi's malicious grin could be seen by Sakura from the stage.

'What the heck is this midget planning again?' Sakura sighed.

Aoi was a known troublemaker in their block. She was good at out-of-the-box solutions, no matter how impractical and dangerous some were; and her antics were not limited to annoying the professors, she also annoys Sakura and teaches her kouhais several things that might get them into trouble.

Choyeon tapped Uuka's shoulder and whispered Aoi’s idea. Yuri felt awkward, the sitting arrangement Aoi and Uuka next at each side of Choyeon, only left one spot free. And that was beside Yena. It has been a few since they were in the pavilion and Yuri was starting to feeling cold, her clothing choice wasn’t warm at all, suddenly she felt something cover her back. Yena removed her Computer Science Major's P.E. Jacket and placed it on Yuri.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter