Doubts

Not a Scam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning came and Yuri woke up from her slumber when she heard the voice of the girl she shares the bed with. She opened her eyes, only to see that she was hugging Hyewon who was also facing her.

"Finally, you woke up." Hyewon's serene smile greeted her.

"Morning, Hyewonie." Said Yuri rubbing her eyes.

Both girls then heard Hitomi's exasperated tone.

"Wonyoungie! For the love of mine, please wake up!"

Yunjin woke up from Hiichan's calls instead.

"Morning, guys."

"Morning." Yuri and Hyewon said in unison.

"Where's Miu?" The door to the toilet then opened.

"Morning." Miu greeted.

"Morning." The three of them greeted with Hitomi's attempts to wake up Wonyoung in the background.

Hyewon eyed Yuri.

"Are you going to be fine today? I heard you're paired with her for the Amazing Race later."

Yuri curved her lips upward slightly.

"Don't worry. I heard that Motomura-sunbaenim will give us directions later."

'Motomura-sunbaenim? Where did I hear that name before?' Miu thought trying to remember where she heard the name before.

Each of them other than Hiichan, Miu, and Wonyoung took turns using the bathroom. After Wonyoung had gotten up, Hiichan made her rush to the bathroom.

Yunjin shot a glance at Hiichan.

"Hiichan, I'm hungry. May I go ahead of you guys?"

"Me too." Miu seconded.

"Sure. I'll just wait for Wonyoung to finish her bath then the two of us can go together." Hitomi smiled at them.

"Are you sure? We can wait for you, Hiichan." Hyewon tilted her head.

"Yeah, we'll be fine."

"Alright, we'll go ahead." Yunjin threw her the room keys as she and her other 3 roommates went out.

***

It was 9 o'clock in the morning and in one of the Resort's Event Halls, breakfast was being served. Today's breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, rice, and bread. On the table of Yena's circle of friends, Yujin was busy wolfing down her meal until Minju herself got annoyed and had to give her a light slap on the shoulder with the back of her hand.

"Eat and chew them properly, Yujin."

"Aww, sorry." Yujin ate her breakfast slowly this time.

Eunbi sat next to Chaewon and was feeding her once more.

"Aww, come on, Eunbi. I can feed myself." Chaewon pouted.

Eunbi kissed Chaewon on her right cheek.

"Take that as a bribe for you to allow me to feed you." she smiled at the younger one.

Chaewon blushed after the kiss. Eunbi's left hand found its way around Chaewon's right hand, she felt pain on her arm but hid it carefully, wary that Eunbi would notice. She wore her Computer Science jacket for this purpose. Even though she managed to pull off catching Hitomi yesterday, she actually strained her muscles in the process and now, she's suffering from the effects.

"Fine. I'll be selfish and would like to ask you to feed me using those chopsticks as well." Eunbi agreed to her selfishness. Little does she know that Chaewon was avoiding to use her hand a lot that day.

Meanwhile, on the table for Yuri's circle of friends, Hitomi can't help but observe that Wonyoung's eyes had been drifting somewhere outside their table. She looked at the direction of Wonyoung's gaze and found Ahn Yujin eating her breakfast, albeit in a civilized manner. This made Hitomi .

"Mhmm… Someone's having a crush here."

"I-it's not a crush. I just… Well, I was just shocked that she acted like a different person yesterday." Wonyoung retorted as she looked at Hiichan and back at Yujin. Yujin noticed her gaze and waved back at her. With her meek smile, she returned the greeting and waved back slightly. She then tried changing their topic. "A-anyway, what was with you and Kim-sunbae yesterday?"

Hitomi suddenly rose from her seat.

"I-I think I need a second round." She stuttered and then ran back to the buffet.

"That girl never asks for a second round. Is the food that good?" Miu's jaw dropped upon hearing those words.

"More like avoiding Wonyoung's question if you ask me." Yunjin answered and took a sip of her coffee.

"I hope she's not entangled in some affair or something." Wonyoung's eyes followed Hitomi's movements. "She told me on our first Dean's assembly that she wanted to become someone like Kwon-sunbaenim so this might be a big problem if she was."

Nako butted in.

"Oh yeah, it's not good to gossip but I remember that those two became official several weeks after the assembly."

"Oof. The tea." Hyewon muttered.

"Think it's related to that?" asked Yuri.

"Nah, I doubt it." Nako answered. "Who would go for the President just because she heard some girl she liked wanted to become like her?" she added. "That is absolute madness, if you ask me."

"Not even I would do that." Hyewon murmured. "Why go for the President when I can go for Hitomi myself?" she added.

'Ahh… Hyewon logic.' all of them thought.

***

It was an hour before the Amazing Race's main event which involved coordinate plotting began. Chaewon and Minju went to their group, meeting for their strategy as well as trying to solve the math problems presented to them. Their hands were intertwined. Chaewon has been ignoring the pain for a while now.

In less than 30 minutes, Minju managed to solve for the questions due to her loving all of her Math subjects, making Chaewon smile.

"That's my smart Minju." Chaewon patted Minju's head with her left hand.

From afar, Eunbi seeing it made her thought it was natural but on the back of her mind something was bothering her. 'It's natural. They're best friends. What are you even thinking of, Eunbi?' While Eunbi was looking at Chaewon, Yena was with her group, looking at her as well. Aoi, who noticed Yena looking at the senior, rolled her eyes. 'Is she still into her? Maybe she and Yuri-chan broke up because of that-- Nah. I doubt it. She seemed sincere when she was trying to apologize to Yuri in school though.' Aoi thought. She then decided to gather their attention, not noticing a certain officer who has been watching her every move.

"Okay, guys. I'm going to tell you some hot news about our Miyawaki Sakura-chan."

She was successful at the attempt, all eyes were now on her. However, her groupmates suddenly gulped, she paid no heed and went on, thinking that they're just that interested on her information.

"She's actually--"

Before she could continue, she was cut off when a hand covered abruptly. She started sweating bullets, praying to all the Gods she had back home that the person owning the hand wasn't the person she's thinking of.

"She's actually leaving to take a quick break right now and won't be back until the start of the Amazing Race. You can solve those problems yourselves, I doubt it's beyond High School level." the voice of a familiar person was heard by the group from behind their leader.

Unfortunately, the voice was owned by the person Aoi was least prepared to meet. Sakura started dragging Aoi away from the group as the group felt weirded out by the recent development. They saw fear in Aoi's eyes as the darkness that was Sakura dragged her away to somewhere they have no idea about. They then started solving the problems that indeed were High School level but Geometry problems were quite hard for them. Both majors in their group hadn't touched their Geometry ever since their, well, High School days.

"Geometry? More like Geomecry." Uuka muttered. "And I thought me being a Junior would help due to me taking more Math Subjects." she added.

Yuri patted her back.

"It's alright, sunbae. We'll get by somehow."

"It's GeomeDIE, Sunbae." said Choyeon.

"GeomeBYE." Uuka joked back.

In Hyewon's group, they had little to no problems, thanks to Yiren acing her Geometry back in Yuehua Institute of Technology. As weird as it sounds, Yiren's original plan was to take Engineering but had to change plans because Yuehua doesn't have an Engineering course. Still, she loved Math more than her other subjects and loved coding as well and thus chose Computer Science.

"Piece of cake." Yiren placed a strand of hair behind her ear as she reached for her ballpen. Her pen started moving and everything she wrote seemed like alien language to the rest of the group. Several minutes later, everything has been answered. "Done." Yiren sighed as Jurina hugged her.

"Yiren-chan, you're amazing!" Jurina rubbed her cheeks unto Yiren's, Yiren was anything but happy for her space was being invaded.

Meanwhile, in Yujin's group, Alex Christine and Wonyoung were busy solving the problems while Yujin and her other teammates watched in awe. Wonyoung was having problems seeing the paper as her hair was getting in the way, reached to the pocket of her pants, pulled a rubber band, and proceeded to arrange her hair into a ponytail. Yujin found the act cute.

Wonyoung noticed Yujin looking at her and thought something was amiss.

"Uhm, is there a problem?"

Yujin shook her head and blinked her eyes.

"Ah, nothing. Don't worry about me. You just… Looked cute. That's all." Her reply was followed by a goofy smile. Wonyoung's cheeks flushed pink.

"I-I'll go back to solving." She shied away from Yujin's eyes.

"I smell love." Alex Christine muttered while solving the last problem on her end. "I'm already done with mine. I can help you with half of those." She looked at Wonyoung whose cheeks were still rose-colored.

"T-thanks, Sunbae." was the only thing she could manage to mutter.

"Don't mention it." Alex Christine replied as she took the bottom half of the papers.

Half an hour later, Aoi could be seen running away from behind the stage, fear evident in her facial expressions.

"Help! She's planning to kill me!" Aoi screamed, running away as she pointed at Sakura who feigned innocence.

"I don't know what she's saying~" Sakura replied, dragging Aoi back to where they came from.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Aoi's bloodcurdling scream echoed in the pavilion.

***

It was time for the Amazing Race's main event and the results of their blood, sweat, and tears on solving the equations would prove if they were good enough or not. Most teams pretty much looked confident with their answers. Yuri's team, however, did not. Aoi had just gone back from whence she was dragged by her blockmate and now had come to see the results of the team's hard work. When Aoi looked at the solutions both hands went up to her face in disappointment and after several seconds of silence later, she muttered.

"What the heck is this?"

"That's the only thing we could do. We do not have Geometry in College." replied Uuka who immediately rolled her eyes.

Aoi sighed.

"Well, we still have the next year-- Oh. Never mind. Anyway, let's get whatever we can." She smiled at them. "I'll try solving these so send Yena and Yuri on their way and I'll try giving them answers on the fly."

Choyeon nodded.

Thus, Yena and Yuri went on their way with the probably incorrect coordinates in hand and tried searching for the checkpoints. This was the only time they held hands after their supposed fake break-up. Rather than hold hands of their own volition, they had to hold hands because they were handcuffed. As all pairs took off to find the checkpoints, the other members were left to wait for them in the pavilion. The Cafeteria could be accessed however, as it was just a few walks from the Pavilion. Yujin and the rest of her team hanged around the cafeteria with the leader treating both of the math wizards for solving the problems and making the job of Wang Ke and Mogi easier.

"Thank you, guys. Now, even if we don't win the event, I'm still thankful for your efforts." Yujin beamed at both of them.

“No problem, young one."

The younger, however, was busy with her drink which is a grape flavored Mogu mogu. Yujin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter