Struggles

Not a Scam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was busy packing her things when she felt a hug from behind.

"Yuri, are you going to be fine now that you guys are back together?" Hyewon asked, her frown wasn't visible to Yuri.

Yuri was visibly happy. After all, she gets to continue studying and also made a new friend.

"Of course." Yuri smiled. "I never knew she could say those words. She can be cute sometimes," she added, the smile unwavering. Hyewon's hug went tighter making Yuri worried. "Is there anything wrong?"

Hitomi noticed it and pulled Hyewon away.

"She's just worried about you, Yuri-chan. And oh, I need someone to accompany me to the Cafeteria so I'll be borrowing her first." The black-haired freshman said as she led the sophomore out of the room.

Both of them had gone considerably far from the room and this was Hiichan's sign to let go of the sophomore’s hand.

"Hyewonie, you're being obvious again." The younger then sighed. "You were planning to confess, right? What are you going to do now?"

Hyewon sulked.

"I don't know, Hiichan. I'll probably be happy for her." Hyewon then looked at the night sky. "After all, I can only support her. If she's happy…" She felt the words getting heavier as she lets them out of her chest. "Then I'm…" She felt tears falling. She was shocked herself when she touched her cheeks. "Ah… I'm crying…" She then broke down. She couldn't believe she was hopelessly in love with Yuri.

Hitomi hugged Hyewon and made her head lean on her shoulder.

Hyewon was planning to confess on the last night of their MT, pay for Yuri's tuition fee, and go official with her but Yuri got back with Yena, making her plans useless. The now reunited couple were holding hands as Yena dropped Yuri off to their room hours ago. The two smiled at each other as if their love was rekindled.

Several minutes later, Hyewon calmed down and they went back to the room. Hyewon saw Yuri smiling at her phone, pretended to be tired and went to sleep.

"Kang-chan slept early today? That's weird," pointed Yunjin.

Yuri was giggling while looking at her phone.

[MESSAGES]

Yuri: I've thought of my second rule!

Yena: Huh? What is it?

Yuri: Our dates aren't going to be filled by you bragging on Instagram anymore, I'm afraid…

Yena: HUH?

Yuri: Let's use our dates so I can tell you what you need to improve on. That way, Kwon-sunbae will see you better. What do you think?

Yena: OH! YURI! YOU'RE A GENIUS!

Yuri: Heh heh. You guys will be back in no time if you improve your attitude.

Yena: Hey! What do you mean by that?

Yuri: Oh come on. As if that's not obvious.

Yena: Stop making fun of me!

Yuri: Hahahaha! Oh yeah, are you in your room?

Yena: I'm at the bar right now.

Yuri: Eh? Drink moderately then. Be careful on your way back!

Yena: Oh. Thanks. Are you in your room?

Yuri: Yeah. I'll go to sleep now. Good night!

Yena: Oh. Okay. Good night, Yuri!

Wonyoung noticed the girl's giggles and her curiosity made her go closer which prompted Yuri to hide her phone.

"Texting your girlfriend?"

"Oh yeah, I am texting my girlfriend." Yuri smiled at Wonyoung. 'Goodness, who knew she reacts like that to taunts? How cute.' she thought as she smiled on her phone's lock screen which is a photo of Yena and her.

"You really like her, huh?"

The question suddenly caught her off-guard.

"Yeah. I like her. A lot." Topped by a cute smile on her lips, the interrogator never managed to find out that she muttered an incomplete sentence.

She wanted to say: I like her as a friend. A lot.

***

The next day started and everything was apparently back to normal. Hyewon thought she could at least spend time with Yuri in their room. She thought the girlfriend wasn't going to come soon. Enjoying the sleeping girl's hug as she slept, she smiled. 'Why can't time stop at this moment when I'm with her…? When she's hugging me like this?' She thought. But wishing for it to happen made her jinx it.

Yuri woke up. Their eyes met for a while until Yuri retreated her arms from Hyewon's waist.

"Morning, Hyewonie."

"Morning, Yuri," Hyewon replied with a smile. Hyewon thought nothing could get worse than her jinxing the time stopping and Yuri not moving but we all know that fate has a weird way of saying 'no' to the wisher. A knock on the door could be heard. Miu, who is an early bird, opened the door, only to reveal Yena who entered the room politely.

"Uhm, is Yuri here?" asked Yena.

Yuri turned around, still lying on her bed to see the owner of the voice.

"Yes?" Seeing Yena, her eyes had gone wide in an instant as she ran with her makeup kit towards the bathroom, outpacing Hitomi who was supposed to be the next in line.

Yena could only look at the door of the bathroom.

"What just happened?"

"It's a girl thing," replied Hitomi.

"I'm a girl too though," retorted Yena.

"It's a straight girl’s thing?" Hitomi tried correcting herself.

"Oh please, we're all gay here." Miu glared darts at her.

Yena chuckled.

"Okay, I'll just wait for her." She then sat on one of the chairs outside the room.

Several minutes later, Yuri walked out of the bathroom, meekly returning her makeup kit to her backpack. She then turned to Hitomi.

"Did she leave?"

"Nah, she's outside. Waiting for her girlfriend." Hitomi sighed as she looked at Hyewon who was silent and had buried on the pillow on their bed.

"Oh really? Thanks!" Yuri ran outside immediately, she thanked herself silently for taking a bath last night or Yena's early visit would've turned into her worst nightmare. "Yena, I'm here."

The brunette turned around, seeing her girlfriend.

"Oh. Morning." Yena greeted.

"You came alone?" asked Yuri as she sat on the chair directly in front of Yena's.

"Yeah. You see, Nako-sunbae and Yujin told me to fetch you for a breakfast date." Yena scratched the back of her neck, looking all shy in front of Yuri. The two were oblivious to the fact that Yuri's roommates were looking at them from the window.

"Oh."

"So yeah, breakfast date?"

"Oh."

The idea suddenly and finally registered in Yuri's mind. 'DATE!? THIS EARLY!?' She thought.

"D-date? Right now? Here? In front of our schoolmates?"

"Uh, yeah?" The brunette answered, wondering if she said anything wrong.

Yuri then grabbed Yena's shirt, covered and whispered, "How am I supposed to give an evaluation in front of them!?" Yuri wasn't too careless to be heard by her roommates whose only barrier from the two of them was a thick wooden wall.

"Have mercy on my shirt, Yuri…! Have mercy…!" Yena begged as she slowly raised her smartphone and pointed to it. Yuri understood immediately as she released her hold from Yena's shirt. "G-great idea." She immediately stood up from her chair.

"So… Let's go?"

"Sure." A smile formed on the lips of the shorter girl as they took off.

Meanwhile, back inside the room, the roommates were discussing their theories.

"Okay… Why did Yuri pull the girl's shirt like that?" asked Wonyoung.

"Didn't Nako-sunbae find Yena-sunbae on top of Yuri-sunbae? God, it's a thing! It must be!" Miu said, her eyes lighting up with passion. "Nako must've intruded into their 'doing that' moment!" the girl added, her fist clenched and raised slightly in the air.

"Impossible. Yuri's too pure for that." Hyewon lifted her face from the pillow and turned around, still lying on the bed.

"Riiiight," Yunjin answered, rolling her eyes. "Don't be surprised if those two wandered into base 2 or something."

"Oh please, her relationship can't be compared to yours and Kaeun-sunbae's." Hitomi scoffed.

"H-huh? What do you mean?" Yunjin suddenly started sweating bullets.

Hitomi glared at the sophomore.

"As if it wasn't obvious with your gazes to each other that something's happening." She then recalled something. "And oh, a little bird told me she saw you and Kaeun doing something in some garden." The cat was out of the bag, it seems.

"Is that Nako?"

"Don't even try diverting the topic." Hitomi's glare intensified.

***

Yena and Yuri arrived in the Pavillion. Breakfast was being served, Yena saved them a seat by putting her phone on the table. The two proceeded to the buffet, they were still quite awkward, especially Yena, whose mind is practically dead when it comes to romance. Last night's act was because Yuri's hands were cold, both weren't wearing gloves and had to make do with the other's warmth.

After going back to their table Yuri was waiting for some kind of interaction but alas, it never came. She glared daggers at Yena who seemed to be enjoying her food. It didn't take long for Yena to notice.

"Is something the matter?" she asked worryingly.

Yuri sighed and typed on her phone. She then continued eating as she shook her head.

Yena checked her phone.

"Aren't you going to do something? Say something? Anything?" - Yuri

That was the content of Yuri's message.

"What exactly?" - Yena

Yuri glared at the screen in disappointment. If Yena was her girlfriend for real, she might as well date a statue. At least she'll understand why it wasn't doing anything. She closed her eyes for a few seconds and typed her reply.

"Watch me." - Yuri

After Yena read her message, she looked at Yuri who smiled at her.

"I never knew you liked ham, Yena. Here." Yuri's shy smile was in view as she extended her fork, now containing a small cut of ham.

Yena hesitated but after glancing at Yuri’s face she went forward and ate from Yuri's fork.

"Thanks." A smile formed on her lips.

Yena was quick on the uptake and offered eggs from her fork as well, the act making Yuri blush even though she knew Yena was only copying her.

Chaewon and Eunbi could be seen feeding each other, their eyes not looking away from the other. The 3 singles in the group, the temporary majority as Yena was with her girlfriend on another seat, were bitter for their lack of spice in life. Spice that is love.

"Oh, look at them. Flexing on singles." Minju sighed, she and Sakura looked at each other and embracing each other.

"You forgot about me but sure, I'd pretty much be taken by my single relationship status. For life." Yujin rested her head on her right arm on the table.

"You're a player though. How many chocolates have you received on last year's Valentine's?" Minju glared at her. "I'm single because I'm without a choice. You're single because you can't pick from your admirers," she added.

"Without a choice, huh?" A smirk formed on Yujin's lips. "So if you had a choice, who would you choose?" she looked at the sophomore who is now blushing.

"Ah, I need to use the toilet." She ran away from the table.

"Hey! Don't evade my questions like that!" Yujin chuckled as she continued eating. "And you? Why do you think you're single?" she shot a glance at Sakura.

"Who would want a gaming nerd?" Sakura sighed in exasperation. "Why did I fall for Fortnite's sweet, sweet gameplay? Why are today's games good?" She asked dramatically, her right hand's tip touching her forehead adding t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter