A fraudulent job ad (?)

Not a Scam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A 160cm, auburn hair, bespectacled girl was on her way to the library of the school. Jo Yuri, 19 years old and second year college student, was currently worried about her tuition for the semester. She always tried to wear the uniform in the best way possible, a white dress shirt, a red-colored vest on top, a grey pleated skirt below, white socks up to the bottom of her knees and closed leather shoes that already had signs of wear and tear. Her walking was slow, carrying a stack of thick books back to the library wasn’t an easy task.

The school where she is studying is the prestigious South Korean National Women's University. Getting in would cost you a lot of money or brains. Being a scholar has a strict GPA requirement of 3.5 or higher for all subjects.

Yuri is now in front of the library entrance. She is troubled as to how she'll tap her ID to the ID scanner which was needed to know who was accessing the premises, and to open the door. She was planning to put her books on the floor for a few seconds when a tall young woman suddenly motioned her hand to scan Yuri's ID to the ID scanner. Yuri then smiled at her which the girl returned as well. "Wonyoung! Thanks!" She then forgot about her stacks of books and hugged the girl called Wonyoung. Wonyoung's face went from a smile to a horrified expression as Yuri hugged her and the books dropped to the floor instantaneously.

Yuri then remembered about the books after hearing them drop on the floor. "Ah! I forgot about them!" She frantically picked them up.

"Yuri-unnie… Please remember that you are only borrowing those books and that I will use them in the following semesters by borrowing from the library as well." Wonyoung pouted as she helped her pick the books up. The books contained numbers. Lots of them. The books titles contained one word similar to them: Accounting.

"Ah, sorry. I forgot all about them when I saw you." Yuri frowned.

"Don't mind it, unnie." Wonyoung then took half of the books and carried it on her arms. "Let's go inside, shall we?" She smiled and scanned her ID and then entered the premises with Yuri.

The library has an antique feel to it. Wooden bookshelves, wooden chairs, and other furniture. The floor was covered by red carpet.

Wonyoung gently put the books to the Librarian's counter as Yuri does the same.

"Please extend it for a week, Ma'am." Yuri said respectfully.

The librarian then glanced at them. "Ah, you two again! Accounting Majors sure are hardworking." The librarian then renewed her borrowing duration for the books.

Wonyoung smiled at the librarian. "Students from other courses are hardworking as well. Like…" she then scanned the room only to hear fast intense keyboard pressing on the far side of the library. "Yeah, like those people using the Computer."

"Ah, the Computer Science Majors." the Librarian replied. "I wish they'd stop destroying the keyboards here." The librarian then sighed.

After all the books' borrowing duration had been renewed, Wonyoung helped Yuri carry them back to their dormitory.

In their dormitory after getting home, Wonyoung then remembered that Yuri was having troubles with her tuition for the current semester. Yuri was a scholar of the school but the tuition fee only covered 50% of her dues and thus, she works part-time as a tutor to help pay off her tuition fee. Yuri's family was from the province and could only send a certain amount of money to Yuri every month.

"Are you going to be alright this semester, unnie?" Wonyoung pouted.

Despite not being actual classmates, Wonyoung always hangs out with Yuri and even asks her for help since they were from the same course. While Yuri was from the province, Wonyoung was from Seoul and had no problems with her tuition fee. Yuri has no idea about Wonyoung's family however but has suspicions due to Wonyoung not knowing how Public Transportation works.

"I'll make it somehow." Yuri said, smiling. However, she herself knows she's not going to make it to the deadline of the payment. "Ah, I have to study for the quiz in a Major tomorrow. See you, Wonyoung." Yuri pushed Wonyoung out of the room and locked the door.

Yuri sighed and slowly sat on the floor. "I have to find a second part-time job." She then opened her smart phone and checked the Job Boulevard application. She was trying to find something that would give her a lot of money but wouldn't endanger her life somehow.

"Part-time Proofreader? It's a little lower than what I need for my tuition. Next." She scrolled down. Several minutes of scrolling later, she was on the last page of the job search page. She then came across a high-paying job. "Fake Girlfriend? I am not that low." When she was pressing the button for the previous page, she accidentally clicked on the advertisement and the page loaded to show the advertisement in its entirety.

'Fake Girlfriend. No set contract duration. Only needed until my ex takes me back. 10 million won a week.' Yuri's eyes widened when she saw the offer. She then scrolled to the end of the ad. 'No skinship required.' Due to her being busy with the ad, she did not notice her roommate get out of the toilet and her roommate is now looking at her phone as well.

"Whoa. That's a hefty sum and it's kinda okay. Take it." a girl who had a short stature appeared beside Yuri.

"N-nako!" Yuri hid her phone behind her back.

"Aww, come on. I know about your problems with tuition fee. I'll help you in that gig, if you want." the girl called Nako then sat on the swivel chair beside her desk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter