Chapter Seven

Deer In The Headlights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

NEW CHARACTERS

Park Suzy

Oldest of the Park siblings

 

Jeon Jihyun

Suzy, Chanyeol and Joy's mother

 

Song Seungheon

Suzy, Chanyeol and Joy's father best friend

JOY

 

After a long first day of school, I decided to just take a nice hot shower and then do my nails and have a goodnight rest. I finally reach home when I see a a black BMW parked affront of my house. I didn't really pay too much attention to it, but then I notice two shilouette inside of the car. That peaked my curiosity. I walked closer to the car making sure that the passengers wouldn't notice me sneaking up on them. I walk closer to a window and notice a female and a male are inside of the car. I finaly reached closer to the window and saw my mother with a man laughing their heads off about someting. 

Seeing them both just laughing in the middle of our drive way pissed me off. I nocked on the window. My mother glanced over and saw me. She akwardly rolled down the window. 

''Hi sweetheart'' she says trying to act like a teenager who just go caught by her mother doing something bad. 

''What are you doing?'' I simply asked. If we are going to switch roles, might as well to do it right. 

''Oh! Hum! you see Seungheon is back from his trip in Japan and he came by to say hi'' 

I leaned over to see uncle Seungheon wearing on of his famous suits, he owns one of the contry biggest man suits company. I didn't really like him when I was younger and I hate him now, so just seeing him on my drive way makes me sick to my stomach. I simply walked away without saying anything. 

''Sooyoung comeback over here and say hello'' I heard my mother yelled. 

When I finally reach home, one of our maids came to take my backpack away and handed me some slippers. I walked towards the kitchen to grab something to drink.  I opened the fridge and grabbed a the box of orange juice. I stood next to the sink where I grabbed a glassed to pour my juice in. My mother storms inside of the kitchen and stops next to me. 

''What's wrong with you?'' she asks with a stern voice. 

Before I asnwered her I took a sip of my juice and answered her nonchalant ''Nothing''

''You see me having a conversation with a friend someone older than you and you don't even have the decency to say hi? Where are your manner?'' 

''Is this really why you're mad at me?'' I turned to face her and notice what she was wearing. My mother who is in her late thirties, with three childrens is wearing an oversized gray polo with red short. 

''You were in a car, with a man, wearing this'' I point my finger up and down. 

''What's wrong with my outfit?'' she asked looking at it. 

''EVERYTHING! You are a forty-four, you live in a neighbourhood where gossip don't go unotice yet you are comfortable with wearing shorts in a car with a man?'' 

''Joy...''

''Don't call me that!''

''I'm sorry. But Sooyoung what you did back there was very inpolite and hope the next time Seungheon comebacks you will apologise and act right.'' 

Hearing those words made my blood boild, when he comes back? What buissness does he have to do here? I don't get it why can't my mother get how much I don't like this man. 

''Sooyoung?''

''I'll apologise'' 

''That's my girl. Speaking of girls guess who is coming to supper?'' My mother said with a big smile on her face.

''Who?'' I aksed not really paying attention to what my mother is saying. 

''Suzy''

I was shocked upon hearing her named I always most choked with my orange juice. My mother helpped me by placing my head toward the sink. Suzy is coming! I can't beleive it she's finally visiting us after so long. Just then my brother entered the kitchen still in his uniform. 

'' Hi honey'' said my mother 

''Hello, what's going on?''

I stood straight next to my mother who was still checking if I am ok. 

''Oh nothing, Sooyoung is just happy Suzy is coming to supper that she choked on orange juice''

''Suzy is coming?''

I nodded really fast. 

''Alright'' he says nonchalant walking away to his room. My mother and I followed him with our gaze until he was out of sight.

''So did she really say she's coming'' My whole attention was on my mother. 

''Yes, she called me yesterday saying she was feeling a bit homesick and wanted to spend time with each of us''

''What do you mean each of us. Like individually?''

My mother nodded ''I get her first then your brother and you get her last''

I get her last all to myself. I can't wait to see her. I hug my mother tightly and run upstairs I have so much to do. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter