Chapter Six

Deer In The Headlights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FELIfX

FELIX

I baerly have anything in my packback but every step I take feels heavier and heavier. The last bell rang and everyone is at the lockers changing their shoes. I while reaching mine, I kept bumping into people some would curse at me while others would apologize. 

It didn't bother me in any ways because I was just felt empty inside. I didn't have the energy to keep walking to my locker, but had no choice if I wanted to get out of here. Right behind me I hear Lucas laughing while talking to someone. My whole body froze, I held my backpack strop tight before turning around to see if it was really him.There he is, just making everyone around him laugh and looking all... cool or whatnot. I know he made fun of me this morning, but I can't help but beign envious of his easiness to just, clique with people. Remember when I said that if my school was a drama I'd be the main character, I was young and naive back then. I thought me being foreigner would already be a key to having people around me asking me questions about Australia instead they ignored me and payed more attention on Lucas.  I can't blame them, from what I heard from his mini presentation to the class, he's Chinese and his parents actually moved here for work, but loved it soo much that they decided to stay. His story is acutlly similar to mine he actually had to leave at a young age and left some of his friends and family membersd behind. But he said that he is fine because ghe's with his parents and made a tons of new friends coming here. See, even his story is more interesting than mine and people sympathised with him. When it was my turn people did sympathised with me, but not as much as Lucas. During breaks a group of girls actually went up to him and voulonteer to show him around Seoul this weekend. Now I wouldn't say I was jealous... but that's exactly what I am saying. Lucas actually lived in Korea for three years now I litteraly came like two months ago during summer vacation. I don't know anyone other than Bomi's friends. 

This was so unfair, he got to laugh, play and make friends, while I had the worst day. I read the Student Council email and I broke so many rules this morning ON MY FRIST DAY. And that's all because of...

''HEY FELIX!'' 

I woke up from my daydream and saw Lucas pointing at me and everyone looking my direction. Oh no! Not again. I quickly turned around and walked straight to my locker. I opened the lock and changed my shoes I kept looking behind and besides me to make sure Lucas wasn't there. My heart was beating so fast that it hurt. When I tied my last shoe I quickly close my locker and walked fast to the exit. I didn't want to look behind me so I put my focus on getting to the bus stop and reach home. 

Don't look behind you

Don't look behind you

Don't look behind you!

Is waht I kept telling myself, I couldn't risk seeing Lucas and his gang they terrorised me enough today. I simply needed to walk to the cliff make a left turn and I'd reach the bus stop. Come one Felix pick the pace and so I did. My nails digging the material of the straps of my backpack, my mouth my bottom lip and my eyes adjusting to thwe sunlight. It was a warm and sunny day, so when I was walking I was also sweating. Man, my mom is not gonna like this, I have a lot of blouse at home, but only one vest and they are severe with tidyness at my school.  I didn't care I'll just tell her I was running so I couldn't miss the bus, she can't argue with that. 

Don't look behind you

Don't look behind you

Don't look behind you!

I'm almost at the cliff just a few more steps until freedome. The closer I get to the cliff the more I wanted to look behind me. I know its a bad a idea,but, I still wanted to know if Lucas is behind me, because if he is then that means that he is nnot going to leave me alone and i should start looking for another school, but if he isn't that means he lost intrest in me. 

Don't look behind you

Don't look behind you

Don't do it!

I went againt my better judgement and lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter