Chapter 2 AKA Pack Dinner Shenanigans

The Big Pack

 "Is dinner ready yet, Seokjin?" Namjoon whines from his seat, in the living room. Seokjin rolls his eyes, turning from the stove in our big kitchen.

"Ask again and you will be sent to our room without dinner," Seokjin rolls his eyes.

"But..."

"Appa," Jungkook interrupts. "You are arguing against your mate. You won't win." 

Namjoon pouts. "Rude."

"We are back." 

Hyungho, along with Hyosang, walks into the house, with a grocery bag in Hyungho's hand, Hyosang pouting.

"We got the chicken you wanted us to get, Seokjin," Hyungho puts the bag onto the counter.

Seokjin bows. "Thank you, Hyungho." Hyungho brushes it off.

"No problem," He tells his brother-in-law. Sangwon notices his appa, who is still pouting.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks.

"It's nothing, son," Hyosang denies. Hyungho rolls his eyes.

"He's mad since he wanted to carry the bag, but I rejected it," Hyungho rolls his eyes.

"Hyungho, if an Alpha can't help his Omega, then why am I here for?" Hyosang whines.

"If it was heavy, then I would."

"But yeobo..."

"OK, OK. Enough arguing with each other," I interjected.

"Hyungho's right, though. Since it was only chicken, it is not a heavy bag," Yooncheol says.

"Besides, it's not like you two were getting the real thing," Jiho adds.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that our pack (and Got7's) are half-tradition, half-modern. We shop in regular stores in this hybrid society. Yet, once every other week, we (Alphas) hunt for the real deal. The 'Dominant' Betas- Byungjoo, Jungkook, Hoseok,- do hunt with us at least once a month. Yugyeom does as well, according to Jaebum anyway.

"Appa, there are fighting, again," Hansol interrupts my thought process. "Earth to Appa." When I got out of my thoughts, I see a tickle fight between Hyosang and Hyungho. As Hansol said, again. 

"Guys, really?" I ask in annoyance. "Not the coffee table again." 

The other pack members just stare in a confused manner, including Seokjin, who just came into the living room, a pan of stir-fried noodles in hand, shook.

As I get the couple to stop fighting, Taeyang changes the subject.

"Why did you need chicken when you weren't going to cook it?"

"I was going to marinate it overnight. It'll be tomorrow's dinner," Seokjin replied with a wink.

"Don't do that. It's embarrassing," Taehyung says embarrassingly. Seokjin chuckles at his eldest, with a smirk.

"You think that is embarrassing?" Seokjin's pan long forgotten on the coffee table. "This is embarrassing." 

Before anyone could react, Seokjin jumps on Taehyung, smothering his eldest with a dozen kisses.

"Eomma..." Taehyung whines.

"A fake noodle is..." Seokjin tries to hold in his chuckle. "Impasta." One windshield wiper laugh later...

"BETA, HELP!" Taehyung whines to Hoseok, who chuckles. "You're no help."

I roll my eyes but before I could move, Namjoon sighs.

"Coming," he says as he grabs his mate off their child.

"Thanks, dad," Taehyung says. 

"Let's actually eat this food that Seokjin made before it gets cold." a certain Alpha says, annoyed as he pulls his son and mate, who grabs the main dish, to the table.

Nice save, Yoongi. 


As we continued to eat dinner, conversations all over the place. Well, with 20 people (27 if you count Got7's random visits), you would expect it to be loud. Hoseok, on the other hand, is chuckling. Taehyung gives his mate a confused look.

"Why in the hell are you laughing?" Taehyung asks. "And why did you chuckle instead of helping your mate. My eomma may be an Omega, but he is bigger than me. Beta, why?" Hoseok chuckles.

"Because it was cute," Hoseok replies.

Giving him an eyebrow raise, Sanggyun asks, "You chuckled at him because he was being cute?"

Hoseok swallows his mouthful of rice. "Well, yeah. Seeing him whine cutely makes my heart melt. 

"I don't blame him, though. That dad joke did make me cringe." Seokjin throws his butter knife across the room, almost hitting Dongsung in the process.

"HEY. MY DAD JOKES ARE AMAZING, AND YOU WILL BOW TO THEM." I roll my eyes as Namjoon gets back Seokjin's butter knife.

Yeah, that is usually our shenanigans in this household.

"Head Alpha, where is your sanity?" Byungjoo asks jokingly. Did seriously I space out again?

"DON'T ASK HIM THAT, YU BYUNGJOO," Hojoon scolds his son.

"Honestly, Byungjoo. No one knows," I reply.


A/N 

I hope that Jin's dad joke was accurate. That's what happens when you get it from Google. 

(Shrug) Oh well.