Chapter 6 AKA Sick As A Dog

The Big Pack

A/N Since of quarantine, I thought that this is a perfect time to have this chapter be about the reason for said situation (kinda. you'll see the connection). Also, I realized the pun on the chapter title, but too late. I originally put it there for the saying, but connect 'dog' with this theme of the FF (wink wink)


Hello. Welcome back to the controlled chaos that is this house. Don't mind the face mask I am wearing. In fact, everyone is, including the beta who is currently sick with the flu. I didn't think that every single one of us must wear them. I only expected the sick hybrid and his husband and child, maybe myself since I am everywhere, but in Seokjin's words "you could never be too careful, especially when we live with so many people". Yeah, I thought he was nuts, but everyone is wearing a mask. God forbid the youngest son of mine that took off his mask. Seokjin scolded him for it. I also warned Jaebum if he dares to come over today, come with caution until the member is feeling better. Of course, Jaebum asked who would come over with a risk like this, but Jinyoung had to roll his eyes, telling him that with a certain extroverted alpha of theirs, it's inevitable. Anyway, I wanted to warn them ASAP about the sick hybrid's condition.

Oh, yeah. I should mention who exactly is sick. You might be curious about who the hell I'm talking about. It's Taeyang. How the hell he got sick was beyond me. Yet, no one except for Jiho noticed the early signs, especially since it's hard to notice that early. Even Taeyang told me that he felt odd, but at the time, he could not figure out why and didn't expect the sickness. 

Seokjin also said that masks are to keep everyone and everything from getting contaminated if that's not obvious already. Speaking of Seokjin, he is the second hardest-working member in this house, cooking for many people. But, we could argue that he even works harder than I do, especially with him keeping his husband and children in check. I could hand it to him. It's difficult being the Head Alpha but being a cook for this many members is just as difficult. I am going on a lot, aren't I? Back to the situation in hand. At this moment, as I know of, Taeyang is sleeping. Oh boy, was Jiho annoying him to death? I had to stop him from putting an 8th blanket on him. And that's not the worst. Last time I checked on him, Taeyang kept on whining about how extra Jiho was (and could be). Smothering him with the 7 blankets and also with his own body. With the multiple things Taeyang listed, I can't blame him for wanting to smack his head, but I told him that it was out of love. Although, Yooncheol was actually helpful towards his sick parent by giving him medication instead of annoying him. He told me about the fact that Jiho is oblivious about the fact that Yooncheol was smart about keeping his distance when (in Taeyang's words) "feeling and looking gross from this flu". I agree with him. When you have a sick relative, you must keep a distance unless you are helping with getting rid of the flu. 

"HEY, GUYS! WHERE'S THE SICK BETA?"

Really, Jackson. After warning you not to...

I'll be right back.


As I came down the stairs to nag at the loud alpha, Hyosang beat me to it.

"Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" Jackson asks.

"After warning you guys, you still came over?" Taehyung asks.

"And by yourself? You know that Jaebum will scold you, right?" Namjoon asks.

"I wanted to see the sick hybrid," Jackson says, shrugging.

"Of course you did, you crazy extrovert we call an Alpha," Sangwon growls.

"Whoa, that is uncalled for," Jackson says.

"He has a point," Byungjoo says.

"I mean, Sehyuk called it. He knew that at least one of you would come at a bad time like this," Dongsung points out.

"And out of all the Got7 members, it would be you, all by yourself, even though you guys usually come together," Hansol says.

Before Jackson could give feedback, someone barged in, and before anyone could react, Mark grabbed his husband's arm, dragging him out.

"For God's sake, Jackson Wang," Mark mutters under his breath.

After two beats of silence, I decided to speak up.

"Before we go back to what we get back our normal routine, I would like a quick status update," I say.

"I kept my father in check and kept him from waking appa up," Yooncheol jokes, which made Jiho growl under his breath. I then noticed that someone is missing.

"Where's Seokjin?" I ask.

"Where else?" Nmjoon answers. Before I could ask more, Seokjin came in.

"There you guys are. Why is everyone in this room," he asks.

"Jackson," Jungkook simply answers, and Seokjin makes a sound of acknowledgment.

"I thought I heard him. Does he ever learn?" Seokjin asks, but I shook my head no. 

"Where did you go?" I ask.

"To check on Taeyang. While checking temperature, he woke up. Whoops. I was lucky that he was not mad."

"But you were helping him, and not getting on his nerves," Hojoon says, looking at Jiho when he says that.

"Oh, I see how it is, hyung," Jiho whines, which made me laugh. 

"I'll change the subject for you, Jiho," I say. "Everyone else doing something out of the ordinary?"

Everyone else shakes their heads. "OK. Let's get back to our regular schedule." 

With that, we all go our separate ways. I go upstairs. 


I knock on the door of Jiho and Taeyang's room to check on the flu-ridden man.

"Hey. He do you feel," I ask, but he gave me a look. "Of course."

After a few minutes, I break the silence.

"Seokjin told me that your temperature got lower, and you look less tired and wanting to kill Jiho."

"That's an understatement. Seokjin must have token off the unnecessary blankets. I was hot." Taeyang says.

"I don't blame him. All of those blankets might make the fever worse." 

"Still doesn't help that he is treating my flu like it's the plaque or something."

"He's overprotective and doesn't want anyone else getting sick. That's all."

"Still. I am surprised that he didn't come in with a white suit."

With that comment, I was dying.

"Yeah." 

After a moment of laughter, and telling about the Jackson update, I decided to let him have some silence before Jiho decides to annoy him with too much of his "love". I might get Yooncheol to hide the other unnecessary blankets and Seokjin to go up there later to distract him from his overprotective Alpha. I might have someone else keep Jiho busy until Taeyang gets a breather.