1.7 Lost Memories

Twelve Warriors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nako's heart skips a bit when she hears the scream from the Control Room.

The scream is familiar. It is the sound she will never want to hear a second time in her life.

“Saku-chan!” She cries and struggles to leave the dorm immediately. 

“Let's go!” A hand suddenly grabs Nako by the arm, and Nako finds herself zooming into the Control Room in no time.

Nako feels a lump in seeing the scene before her eyes.

Sakura is floating in mid-air sobbing uncontrollably. She is still wearing a headset and the cable curls around her neck and slowly strangling her but it seems she doesn't feel it at all.

The hand pulls Nako towards Sakura and takes away the headset.

“Saku-chan, what happened?” Nako grabs Sakura's body and hugs her tightly.

Sakura looks at Nako and recognizes her immediately.

“Nako…” She hugs Nako tightly and starts to cry loudly.

Gradually, all 12 girls have assembled under the Dome, but they have never imagined it would be such a scene.

Some girls start to cry. Nearly everyone has family, friends, schoolmates, teachers, or has known people who were kidnapped, assassinated, executed, murdered, jailed or tortured by the Cistummons. Their homeland, culture, language, history, humanity, faith and relationships were destroyed by the alien tyranny. And the hasty launch was triggered by a betrayal...

So even while they don't really understand what's going on with Sakura and Nako, they can all share the pain.

Eunbi glances at the paused screen and immediately gets what has happened. It's not just about the mourning of a lost parent.

A few scenes crossed Eunbi's mind and she decides to take command of the situation.

"Hey girls!" She raised her voice but speaks in a very calm tone, “Wonyoung and Chaeyeon, please help take Sakura and Nako back to the dorm. Yujin, Hitomi, Yena, Minjoo, four of you stay in the Control Room, there are general instructions on your devices you can follow for patrolling; I will be back in a while. And Yuri, please bring Chaewon and Hyewon to check the plants, collect fruits and vegetables if you can. It seems we will need lots of food.”

Eunbi is indeed surprised that she could memorize all the members’ names.

 

**********************

 

Sakura and Nako are in quite a mess. Crying is a tough issue in space. Because of extremely strong surface tension, tears are "glued" to both girls' faces and hands. Wonyoung knows it best so she quickly takes a few towels, with the help of Chaeyeon, to dry the two girls up. Eunbi takes a magnetic belt from her huge medical bag and buckles up Sakura against a wall to avoid her from floating around. Then she takes out a few tablets and shoves them into .

"Kkura, this is to prevent you from vomiting and dizziness. You have this tendency after emotional turbulence."

Sakura nods silently. Chaeyeon grabs a water bottle and carefully feeds her with some water.

"Saku-chan, slowly." Chaeyeon moves close to Sakura so her hair can dance on Sakura's shoulder.

This is another familiar scene to Nako. She can't help with her eyes b with tears again.

Wonyoung moves to Nako to wipe off her tears, and the giant baby ends up holding the petite baby.

"I'm sorry," Sakura looks at Eunbi and finally breaks the silence.

"Why do you say that?" Eunbi asks.

"He is dead?"

"Yes."

Sakura lowers her eyes, "and I...did that?"

Eunbi bites her lips, "yes."

Sakura frowns and shakes her head, "I am really sorry!"

Chaeyeon and Wonyoung are puzzled, and Nako covers her face with the towel and sobs under it.

"What did you do Saku-chan?" Chaeyeon asks.

Sakura lowers her head, her voice is barely audible. "I guess I have downloaded Sensei's memory."

"You mean your father?"

Sakura nods. 

Chaeyeon becomes speechless.

Eunbi keeps her silence.

After another long and embarrassing silence, Sakura looks to Eunbi again. "Eonnie, so am I right?" 

Eunbi finally says, "I guess it is just human. I saw that you almost wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter