1.5 Kkurabear

Twelve Warriors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonyoung feels very proud to be one of the members who has taken Sakura back to the Dome in one piece. She is a legend. It is hard to imagine they are going to be in the same team guarding JM in its last journey, even though her mother has told her so before they went into hibernation together.

"Wonyoung, you must do your best to protect Sakura, the Cistumons is still chasing after us. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young. You will be the youngest among the whole team, but you will be the bravest one with the greatest strength."

Mother's words ring repeatedly in Wonyoung's mind. She has protected Kkura-nim twice on the first day, her mom must be very proud of her.

"Kkura-nim, are you hungry?" Wonyoung asks, bravely.

Sakura feels a bit dizzy after being drawn back in high speed and shakes her head.

"I am fine, thank you." She says politely.

So Wonyoung just “handovers” Sakura to Chaeyeon and zooms to the other side of the Dome, until Eunbi calls her.

"Baby...Wonyoung!" Eunbi cannot change her habit of calling Wonyoung "baby". She was a novice in the medical team when the first space baby was born. It was a huge mess. That's when she started to question why so little attention and resources have been dedicated to women's special needs in the master plan. It ends up with the Management Board's awkward "birth control" decision that banned ual  until the docking. And that's the reason why all JMG teams must be composed by single- members.

"Yes, seonsaengnim?" Wonyoung zooms to Eunbi in no time.

"Did you eat?"

"Yes." Wonyoung answers when the other two girls start to giggle.

"Is there any food left?"

"Enough for the whole team!" Yujin answers.

"Great," says Eunbi, "I am hungry."

"Let's go to the dorm. We can make you warm food," Yuri says cheerfully.

"And we have to bring Sakura some water..." Eunbi then turns to Chaeyeon. "Chaeyeon, do you need any food?"

"I will come down later," Chaeyeon replies.

 

After the others left, the Control Room is back to silent, with only the humming of the control panels. 

With the help of Chaeyeon, Sakura swims to M2 and checks the Downloader, and Chaeyeon stays by her side to secure her position and help her with some manual work occasionally. Sakura checks each cable and socket slowly and carefully but Chaeyeon soon finds Sakura's hands are trembling uncontrollably. Sakura takes out her mobile device for fact-checking but it just slips away.

Chaeyeon grabs the device and magnets it on the panel and places both her hands on Sakura's shoulders. She can feel a very unpleasant vibe emits from Sakura's back. It must have been an extremely terrifying experience to the extent it could shut down a person's vital system. Chaeyeon thinks, feeling guilty to feel uncomfortable.

“Thank you for being alive,” Chaeyeon utters silently. 

“No, I should thank you for saving my life,” Sakura says in a voice that can barely be heard. 

“Saku-chan,” Chaeyeon suddenly thinks of something. “Can I hug you?”

After a short silence, Sakura replies, to Chaeyeon's surprise, she says, "yes, please do. Please hug me like the bear."

"Bear?" Chaeyeon puts her arms loosely around Sakura's waist even without knowing what does the girl mean.

Sakura doesn't speak anymore. So Chaeyeon just hugs her at her back silently. She leans slightly forward which makes her able to feel the girl's heartbeat. Her heart is pounding so hard that explains why she is trembling. 

Chaeyeon closes her eyes and imagines her positive energy being transferred to the girl in front. She almost feels the other's heart starts to pound lighter and slower.

Seems to have a life of its own, Chaeyeon's hair raises nearly to its fullest length and curl towards Sakura, forming a tiny canopy that looks like a net.

Slowly, Sakura feels that tranquillizing energy again, her heartbeat starts to slow down and her hands do not trembl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter