From Beginning to End

Till The Last Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Mina's heart pounded against her chest as she moved her body to the music. Sweat trickled down her back and her arms ached severely. She powered her way through the last section of the choreography, teeth gritted. As the music came to an abrupt stop, she flashed her most half-hearted smirk before collapsing on the ground.

 

She heard claps as the floor vibrated with every step the coach took. Mina grabbed the hand that was hovering above her, pulling herself to sit upright as she used every last brain cell to pay attention to what the coach said.

 

"Good work, Mina."

 

It seemed as if the coach was not impressed, nor displeased so Mina couldn't complain. Still, she would have wished she got a little more acknowledgement for all her work and effort.

 

Mina left the room, making her way to the change room. It was getting late now, the sun had just set and Mina still needed to make her way home.  Hurriedly, she grabbed her bag and walked outside the building. Walking along the sidewalk, she wondered where Momo was right now. If she had a shift, she would have been home by now so it wasn't that much a worry.

 

Mina had never been a fan of the dark, taking fast long steps as she headed back home. It didn't help that she still had images of the movie lingering in her mind. ‘God, I'm starting to lose my mind here,' she thought, her teeth gritted.

 

All of a sudden, she heard a bicycle ringing in the distance behind her. Not wanting to turn around, she ignored it, stepping closer to the side to make way. However, it seemed as if the cycler had a different plan as it stopped right in front of Mina, scaring her.

 

"Mina-unnie, I didn't mean to scare you, sorry."

 

Mina opened her eyes upon hearing a soft voice calling her name. Chaeyoung stood in front of her, propped up on the bike still.

 

"Hey there, Chaeyoung," she smiled politely. "What are you doing here?"

 

"I was going back to the dorms after spending time with my friend. Are you going back as well?"

 

Mina nodded, trying to keep herself distracted from the scenes that still flashed across her mind.

 

"I'll walk with you," she heard Chaeyoung exclaim.

Flustered, Mina shook her head.

 

"No, really it's okay," she said, while every fibre of her being screamed in protest. "You'd get home much quicker if you went by yourself.

 

Chaeyoung seemed a tad taken aback by her answer, a worried expression appearing on her face.

 

"Would you rather me not walk with you?"

 

Worried Mina had hurt the girl's feelings, she quickly denied it.

 

"No, I just don't want to bother you. I'll be fine."

 

Before Mina could say anything else, Chaeyoung had gotten off her seat and started walking forward, pulling her bike alongside her.

 

"As long as you don't mind having me, I'd love to walk with you, Mina-unnie."

 

Mina was thankful for the girl, giving up on trying to convince her otherwise. It was a 10-minute walk home, the two chatted for most of the walk there. Chaeyoung seemed to have been curious about Mina's experience on the track team and Mina answered happily, feeling comfortable and wanting to relive those moments.

 

They got to the front of the school gate, Mina feeling rapidly more relieved with each step they took. As they got to the front of the dorms, Mina thanked Chaeyoung for accompanying her.

 

She opened the door to how own room, smiling as she heard sounds from inside. Momo was already home, it seemed from the music coming from their bedroom. She walked past their living room as she entered the bedroom, hoping for a nice cold shower after a long day. As she peeked through the door into the room, she found Momo dancing a hip-hop routine, one that she'd seen many times but never had the courage or motivation to do so until now.

 

Interested, she stood back for a bit, hoping to just have a look at Momo's skills and needless to say she was very impressed. Mina knew this routine after watching many videos of professional dancers who have their entire career based on dance perform this and yet Momo seemed just as composed as they did. Her body moved fluidly with the music, her actions quick and controlled like she's been dancing her life. Perhaps she has, judging by the skill she was showcasing.

 

Mina took the courage to walk in once the music ended, shocked by how well Momo had danced. Momo turned around, now facing Mina. She panted, barely able to keep her body standing upright.

 

"How long have you been there?"

 

"Enough to be impressed. How did you learn that?" Mina asked, interested.

 

"Watching videos, they're all over the internet," she replied, her voice all breathy from dancing the intense routine.

 

"You're," Mina started, not knowing how else to say it. "Very, very good. Have you considered joining a dance club or something?"

 

Momo smiled, shaking her head as she laid down on the mattress that she hadn't touched since they started sharing a bed.

 

"Maybe sometime later. I think I have too much on my plate considering it's only been a week since I've moved."

 

Mina guessed it made sense and moved to her table, leaving her bag on the chair before going to her closet to pick out cleaner, less sweaty clothes.

 

"Where did you come back from so late?" She heard Momo ask from behind her, her voice laced with worry.

 

"Dance rehearsal. I met a friend who walked back with me, don't worry," she replied, her fingers brushing down the pile of clothes in her closet.

 

"Who?"

 

"Chaeyoung, the girl who had let you in when you still didn't have keys. Sorry about that, I don't think I've ever apologized for it," Mina said, closing the door.

 

"No, it wasn't your fault. Chaeyoung, is she in the year under us?"

 

"I think so? She's on the track team that I've been helping around with."

 

Momo hummed, her face covered by the bed from the angle Mina was looking at.

 

"She seems nice."

 

"She is," Mina nodded as she entered the bathroom, closing the door behind. She sighed, stripping off all her clothes that seemed to cling to her so disgustingly. It was incredibly easy more Mina to pinpoint the worst part of dance, and that was the feeling after the rehearsal, after the adrenaline and fun and that feeling of pure spotlight when everything disappears, when the soreness of your limbs and the heat gets to you, when your nothing once the music stops and you can feel your hair, clothes, everything stick to your skin like an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter