100,100

Till The Last Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo picked up the bowl from the stack, filling it to the top with crisps before placing it down and repeating the whole process. Nayeon had asked her and Sana to arrive a bit earlier since they lived close by to help set up as she left to grab some drinks from the convenience store, leaving the two of them and Jungyeon in the house. Jihyo looked over, Sana doing the same thing as she was. She put her bowl down and moved over, picking up the ones Sana was filling and pouring some into empty bowls. 

"You can't fill them up that much, they'll spill and we're going to have to clean," Jihyo said without batting an eyelash at Sana, who she could feel was staring curiously at her. 

She could just make out Sana make an ‘o' with and a nod through the side of her eyes and continued until they were transferred and returned back to her spot. Jihyo was just about done as Jungyeon entered the room, holding 4 DVDs in her hands. She laid them on the table, spreading them apart. 

"Alright guys, pick 2."

Jihyo looked at the selection, none of them really appealing to her as it mostly consisted of action and thriller films which she had seen enough times with Sana. However, it seemed that Sana was rather interested in all of them. It was just one of the small things you'd have to deal with a soulmate, even if movie taste is rather trivial. Jihyo pointed to the one closest to her, being a rom-com that she'd heard was quite good. Thinking about it, Jihyo concluded that this was probably Nayeon's own DVD, not Jungyeon's as the girl wasn't ever a fan of cheesy films. A part of her thinks she picked that just to have a poke at Jungyeon, and when she saw the inevitable fall of the girl's face at her pick, she knew her speculation was correct with the involuntary grin on her own face.

Jungyeon had turned to Sana, hoping that she'd pick two different films so she could veto the one that Jihyo picked. She was probably made by Nayeon to have that one as an option anyway, and that made Jihyo feel just that much better about her decision. Oh, the things they do for their partners. 

Jihyo watched as Sana seemed to be having a much harder time picking. Finally, she pushed forward two DVDs, one action film Jihyo honestly couldn't care less about and much to her own surprise and Jungyeon's disappointment and disgust, the rom-com. 

A wider grin appeared on both their faces as Jungyeon looked as if she had lost all hope in humanity all over again. The things Sana would do for her as well.

"Fine, but we might only have time for one depending on what other people want to do," came Jungyeon's statement after a few seconds of grieving. However, all of them knew it would be up to a vote so it was anyone's game at this point.

Jungyeon sighed and exited the kitchen. Jihyo and Sana burst into laughter, clutching their stomachs. It was a wonder how neither of them has murdered someone yet with such sadistic tendencies. 

With a comfortable silence lingering, the two of them continued to sort and lay out the food for the party. With the end of the year coming up, the group of friends have continued their tradition of a party to celebrate another year's worth of exams done. 

JIhyo always enjoyed them, and so did everyone else. It felt so good to just unwind and relax after periods of stressing. It had been becoming harder and harder to relax now since they were nearing the start of their most stressful two years of secondary education and Jihyo really thinks that this is what they deserve, that this was what they needed.

It didn't take much longer for Mina to arrive, that girl was always so punctual if not early. She watched with entertainment and Sana seemed to perk up at the sound of the doorbell, not caring which of the two it was as she opened the door and latched onto them blindly embracing Mina in a hug. Of course, that would have been very awkward if it had not been Mina and instead, let's say Nayeon's Mum or a pizza boy, but even then, JIhyo was sure the girl could work her charms like it was nothing. It truly was a gift.

JIhyo could hear peals of laughter from inside the kitchen and without knowing, she too smiled. She placed down the food and greeted Mina as well, pulling her away from Sana's much to the girl's dismay and eminent hurt displayed on her face. Laughing, Jihyo was about to open to make fun of Sana when she felt a tug and soon, Mina was wrapped around in someone else's arms again. 

"Sorry guys, but I think you'd find that she's my soulmate, not yours."

Jihyo turned upon feeling the missing person out of her reach, only to find her blushing so prettily whilst in the embrace of a back hug by Momo. looking at her, it wasn't like Momo didn't have a telltale redness on her cheeks either. 

Grinning, Jihyo wrapped her arms around Sana, sticking her tongue out.

"It's not like we found Mina first," Sana pouted

"Yeah, and we totally didn't shower her with as much love and affection we had in ourselves," Jihyo joining in.

"Nor have I ever been to extremes to help you guys just look at each other in the eyes," Sana added, playing her best card.

"Please stop talking about me as if I were a doll," Mina peeped, ending the lame one-sided banter that Sana and Jihyo were participating in. 

Momo unwrapped her arms from Mina's waist as the four of them moved to the kitchen. 

Jihyo handed a bowl over to Momo, asking her to place it in the living room table as they wait for the party to finally start. She then turned to Mina and asked her to phone Nayeon just to check where she was. 

Tossing the last of the empty packets into the trash, she moved the bowls to the living room and sighed. As if she were collapsing, she fell to the ground jokingly, her head hitting the bean-bag. She heard a loud piercing laugh from the stairs, turning her head to be met by Jungyeon. Jungyeon hobbled down the stairs, barely able to keep balance as she continued to laugh at Jihyo's previous actions. Jihyo, who was already too exhausted and done with her friend, she just shook it off and laid dumbly. 

JIhyo screamed as Jungyeon lightly hit her on the head, flinching at the movement. 

She glared at Jungyeon's bag as she walked into the kitchen, patiently waiting for the rest to eventually come to join her. 

She was just about to close her eyes and take a nap from boredom despite the deafening screams from the kitchen when she heard a shout from the doorstep.

"I'VE GOT DRINKS LET'S GET THIS STARTED, GIRLIES!"

This was what she'd been waiting for all year.

"Remember back in the early weeks of this year when we joked that Mina's soulie would join us and we'd make both of them as uncomfortable?"

Momo starred at Nayeon, who seemed to be tipsy without any consumption of alcohol. Maybe that's just what a party environment does to you. 

It had been one our two hours in, the group of them watched the rom-com that Nayeon had, much to Jungyeon's obvious disgust that she didn't plan to hide throughout the whole movie. Momo did, however, catch a glance of her smiling at a few scenes as she had her arms wrapped around Nayeon the entire time so maybe she didn't hate it as much as she seemed to be acting. The television was off now, the girls sitting or laying down respectively as they just talked. Momo admits, having something like this to end off every year was something she enjoyed and could get used to. 

She leaned against the armrest of the couch, her face resting on her palm. Her legs were up on the couch as well, bent to comfortable to accommodate them. She smiled politely at the mention of herself, but not entirely sure on what to say back at the girl. Momo and Nayeon had grown to become a lot closer friends, the two of them sharing similar interests and sense of humour. Momo would consider Nayeon to be one of her close friends, and she'd always been very helpful to her, showing her the way around the school to her classes as well as telling her the things she needs to hear rather than she wants when Momo comes to her for advice. She hoped that Nayeon felt the same about her.

"Yeah, as if they need us to make themselves feel uncomfortable," Sana scoffed, sticking her tongue out at Momo's sour expression towards her.

She heard a peal of laughter from across the couch where Mina was sitting. She was giggling and the others watched her with a mix of confusion and bemusement. When she was done, she stood up.

"We're not uncomfortable, right Momoring?" she asked as she sat down beside Momo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter