Times Old And New

Till The Last Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It'd been a while since Mina had started her work. The sun had just begun to set and if it weren't for the fact she found herself standing in pitch black, Mina probably wouldn't have even noticed. She glanced at the little clock hanging off the wall, it read 8:12.

 

It was a miracle how someone could be so studious, and it was a bigger wonder that Momo was still asleep.

 

Seeing as she hasn't had something to eat in a while, Mina decided that having dinner now wouldn't be a bad idea. She made her way to the small kitchen behind the living room. She didn't particularly want anything very filling since it was the end of the day, but also something that was easy to make. Opting for some kimbap rolls, she gathered all the ingredients and got to work.

 

So wrapped up in her work, she didn't notice when Momo had risen from the couch, looking all dishevelled and stupid from her nap.

 

In the midst of cutting and placing the kimbap rolls onto the plate, Mina hummed one of the pieces of music she used to play. It was her favourite, one that she played for her grades. It was slow and soothing, the melody bringing her a sense of tranquillity. As she got to the end, she turned around the table to be greeted by a pair of eyes just staring at her in a daze. Immediately, she stopped her actions, slightly embarrassed that she had heard her. She her lips, her eyes gazing down to her feet.  Quickly, she racked her head for anything to say.

 

"I made some kimbap for us if you're hungry?"

 

Momo kept looking at her dazed, not helping Mina in this situation at all.

 

"Um Momo?"

 

Hearing her name, Momo seemed to have snapped out.

 

"Um, yeah, a bit. Thanks."

 

Mina smiled hesitantly at her as she sat down, sorting the kimpbabs in half before deciding to give 2 more to Momo.

 

She watched as Momo sat down opposite to her and Mina pushed the plate to her.

 

Momo looked at the plate, looking very very excited and quite hungry as well. She looked at Mina to thank her for the food when she noticed that Mina had less than she did.

 

"Do you want some more? I think I have more on my plate than you do."

 

"No, it's okay. I don't really eat much at night and you must be hungry from your trip back in the morning."

 

Momo beamed at Mina, thanking her and digging in.

 

Mina couldn't help but blush at the way had said her name when she thanked her and smiled so brightly at her.

 

Suddenly, something else seemed more interesting than the kimbap in front of us.  

 

________________________________

 

Momo couldn't pick out the exact moment she fell asleep, but she was always aware of how tiring the day had been. The night before, she couldn't get any rest, knowing that she'll be in Korea soon and see Sana again as well as meeting her soulmate, so who could blame her.

 

She was lying on the mattress Mina had set up earlier, thinking about whatever popped to mind instead of actually unpacking. It didn't take long for her mind to drift back to the soft humming she had heard earlier.

 

There was something about what she'd seen in front of her that touched her somewhere deep in her heart. Something about seeing Mina, her hair in a low ponytail humming and making food that melted Momo. Without realising, Momo smiled, not noticing how weird it was that she was on the couch watching someone who was still a mere stranger to her.

 

Her heart raced upon thinking of Mina again. She was in the shower right now, actually doing something productive as Momo laid in bed.

 

Momo wondered if someone as elegant, studious and soft-spoken can really truly love her as well. Of course, she had no doubts in the soulmates system, but all the time she's spent thinking of her soulmate, she'd always pictured someone more like her.

 

She was interrupted when she heard the bathroom door unclick. Out stepped Mina, her hair all wet and dripping down her bathrobe.

 

Seeing Mina again, Momo's doubts vanished.

"Sorry, I left my clothes out. Not used to a roommate."

 

Momo gave her a smile as she watched Mina open her wardrobe. ‘Right,' she thought. ‘Time to get unpacking.

 

She hadn't bought much considering she was moving countries. She'd bought two items of luggage, mainly consisting of clothes and toiletries and a few personal items. Her parents would come to visit her in a month or two's time to bring more over as well as meeting Momo's soulmate.

 

Momo noticed there was a spare spot in the wardrobe as Mina was collecting her clothes from it.

 

"Hey, Mina?"

 

Mina hummed in response.

 

"Do you think I could use the space in the wardrobe?"

 

"Yeah of course. Do you want more space?"

 

"No it's alright, I don't have a lot on me anyway."

 

She left the room to drag back in her two suitcases as she heard the bathroom door click again. The room wasn't extremely large but it was enough to fit the two comfortably. Momo would have to leave her suitcases outside. Maybe eventually she could get her own table to work with.

 

Momo shook her head, telling herself not to get too far ahead. First, she needed to unpack what she already had. She moved her folded clothes into the wardrobe, a nice neat pile sitting on the shelf as well as a few articles in a drawer under it. Next, she got out the textbooks she had bought from Japan that she'll need tomorrow and left it outside on the kitchen counter.

 

She continued to work as Mina came out, now clad in black loose shorts and a plain white shirt. Mina sat on her bed drying off her hair with her towel as Momo re-entered from the kitchen.

 

Next was toiletries, she got out a pouch and her towel and entered the bathroom. It was very simple, the tiles were a soft blue colour and the walls were white. There was a shower in the corner, still wet from Mina's and in front of her stood the sink with a large mirror on top of it. The counter was mainly empty, with the exception of a cup, toothbrush and toothpaste and some facial cream. She opened up the first drawer and was greeted with a hairbrush, ties, and some makeup items. It's a miracle how Mina keeps things so neat. She emptied the pouch, putting the respective things on the counter and others in an empty drawer before leaving to grab her clothes for a shower as well.

 

The hot water hit her as it slid down her body. It felt nice to shower after the long day, the shower steamy up as the water warmed her up and cleaned her. She closed her eyes as she enjoyed the sensation, smiling as she simply lived in the moment.

 

_______________________

 

Mina put her towel down after she deemed her hair sufficiently dry. She collapsed down on her bed and reached for her phone by her bed. 9:44 and surprisingly nothing from Sana or Jihyo. Sighing, she closed her phone as she gazed at the ceiling.

 

It was a Monday night, meaning that school started half an hour earlier than usual for its weekly assembly. Did Momo know of this? She'll tell her once she comes out.

 

It was weird, Mina had always been very reserved and didn't like to talk, and everyone thought that's how she'd be around her soulmate too. Sure, she still talked way less than the aver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter