7 - Tragedy

Will we be together at the end ?

Taeyong was awake as there were distinct voices heard. Taeyong opened his eyes slowly, knew he was in the hospital. He wanted to rub his eyes with his left hand when he realised someone was holding it. Jaehyun was sleeping beside him, sitting on the chair beside the bed, holding Taeyong’s hand like he won’t ever let go. Taeyong smiled at the sight and rubbed his eyes with his right hand instead. It was dark, only the light from slightly opened door was the only aid for his vision. Taeyong pat Jaehyun’s head softly not to wake him up. ‘I don’t deserve this man so much,’ Taeyong thought. Then Taeyong drifted to dreamland again.

 

The next morning was normal. The nurse came in with Taeyong’s breakfast and a memo from Jaehyun saying that he would be at work and will be back as soon as possible. Taeyong was bored so he the television and the morning news was playing. Jaehyun was in the screen, reading the news fluently and looking so perfect in his navy blue suit. Taeyong was so focused on watching Jaehyun face when he realised the boy frowned. ‘Oh, why he is frowning ? Is something disturbing him?’ Taeyong thought.

“Next news. This morning, a man who went for morning jog at Han River found a dead girl, aged 18 in the bush along the river. The girl, Ms. Lee, believed was and killed by five drunk men. It was also believed that the girl was on the way home as the responsible police investigator mentioned that her house was at nearby neighbourhood. From the CCTV, the girl was seen walking out from an apartment resident called “Green Park” and walked along the Han River until late night.”

 

Taeyong who was about to feed the breakfast into his mouth dropped his spoon.

‘Is he mentioning about Minyoung ? Oh no. Of course not.’ Taeyong thought and immediately snatched his phone on the side desk.

 

He dialed Yuta’s number and after a few seconds the male picked up.

 

“Yuta, are you home ?”

“Yes, I was about to go to the hospital to visit you. Why ?”

“Good. Can you drop by to my house? Yesterday Minyoung stopped by and left her phone number on a piece of paper. Can you send the number to me ? Quickly.”

“Relax, dude. What’s wrong ? You sound so anxious.”

“I-I watched the new just now. And they said she is dead.” Taeyong started sobbing.

“I-I should have sent her home by myself. B-but I kicked her out,” Taeyong sobbed harder.

“Taeyong, calm down. Give me your door password. I will text you her number as soon as possible,” Yuta tried to calm Taeyong down.

 

After a few minutes, Yuta sent Taeyong the phone number and he immediately called the number.

 

“Ring… Ring… Ring… Ring…. Ring….”

 

The ringing sound was making the latter more nervous. He keep biting his nails until someone finally picked the call up.

 

“Hello? Minyoung?”

“Who this?” A husky voice was heard.

“It’s Taeyong. Who this? Can I talk to Minyoung please?”

“Taeyong? As in Lee Taeyong? You’re Lee Minyoung’s brother right?” The man asked.

“Yes? Can I know who this is?” Taeyong was getting more anxious as he could hear police siren at the back of the phone.

“Morning, sir. I am Inspector Jimyeong, from Gangnam Police Station Crime Unit. I am sorry to deliver this news to you early in the morning, but your sister was found dead at Han River this morning. We believed she was rapped and killed by five men as the CCTV nearby showed a group of drunk high school students were found with no pants and hands covered with blood nearby the crime scene. The students are now detained for further investigation. It is also showed that Ms. Minyoung walked out from an apartment resident called “Green Park” and I believed it is where you live Mr. Lee Taeyong ?”

“Yes, that’s where I live. She visited me yesterday for a family issue.”

“Okay. Can I know where you are right now ? Because I might need your words for the investigation.”

“I am currently in the hospital and warded. Can you please talk with my boyfriend about the details later on when we are meeting ? Because I don’t think I can do this alone.”

“Yes, sure. Thank you for your cooperation Mr. Lee. Please text me his number so I can talk to him afterwards. Goodbye,”

Taeyong hands could not stop shaking. He was taking deep breath when suddenly the door was opened. Yuta walked in hurriedly and gave Taeyong a tight hug to calm Taeyong down. He kept hugging him and drawing circle on Taeyong’s back until he could feel Taeyong breath deepen. That was when he knew Taeyong fell asleep. He slowly lie Taeyong’s head on the pillow when Taeyong’s phone suddenly rang. He quickly picked it up, worried Taeyong might awake.

 

“Hello ?”

“Hello, is this Mr. Lee phone ?”

“Yes, it is. But he just fall asleep,”

“Is this Mr. Lee’s boyfriend ? I’m Inspector Jimyeong who is in charge of his sister case. I just talked to him and asked him to send me his boyfriend’s phone number but he still did not send me. So, I was worried,”

“Ahhh. No, he was crying and then fall asleep. You don’t have to worry. I am his friend by the way. I will text you the number right after this so you can deal with him. Thank you for your hard work,”

 

 

Hi, guys. I am back after my final. And my sem break just started. I definitely will try to finish this fic before I am going back to the uni. Please look forward on the updates. And thank you for subscribing and reading. (´•ω•`♥)