5 - Rainbow in Nightmare

Will we be together at the end ?

"You ungrateful brat!" a hand landed on Taeyong's left cheek.

 

"Don't stare at me with that dirty eyes!" another slap on his cheek. Taeyong was already numb with all the hits he got from his dad. His dad's temper was nasty. That day he was just lucky his dad was in the mood to slap only. Worst, he could have the whole chair above him already. Taeyong only left his plate in the sink because he needed to rush to pee but his dad called him "ungrateful brat" for not washing his dishes. Now, he needed to do all the dishes alone because his dad would not let his mom or sister help him at all and be late for his study group. This was why he hates going home. Well, was it even deserve to be home ? It was just a house where he lived with people who hated him.

 

"Minhee, Minyoung, come here. I brought some chocolates. My friend went to Switzerland last week and came back today with lots of chocolates," Taeyong's dad shouted from the living room. Taeyong felt a pang in his heart because he loves chocolate and his dad knew it too.

 

"I was so happy when mom was here with us," Taeyong mumbled while doing the dishes.

 

After he was done, he quickly went up to his room and grabbed the books for his study group. He left the house while running to avoid his dad.

 

"Gosh, you are late! We were waiting for you like hours already," Johnny whined.

 

"Stop being dramatic, Johnny. You are here like 5 minutes ago," Yuta rolled his eyes while Taeyong giggled. Johnny and Yuta had been his friends for years already. Even his mom loved them. They were always there for Taeyong during the bads and good ones.

 

"Sorry, was getting bullied by dad again," Taeyong said while opening his book. He could hear Johnny sighed.

 

"I'm gonna make a lot of money with my money now so I can get you out of that house when high school ends. If I still don't have enough money you can stay in one of our guesthouses. For god sake, me and my family are not going to let you live in that house anymore. My mom would never want her bestfriend's son being treated this bad," Johnny said with determined eyes.

 

"God, this guy really talk a lot. Study hard bro, then you can handle your parents' company and help Taeyong," Yuta rolled his eyes. Taeyong being Taeyong just laughed at his best friends talk.

 

'Gosh, what do I do if I don't have these guys in my life ?' he thought.

 

 

Taeyong was heading to the café for lunch break with Johnny when he saw a guy in the hall, walking flawlessly while holding a basketball. He did not know why but his heart started beating so furiously and his stomach was doing funny things inside. The said guy then took a look at Taeyong because Taeyong had stopped walking and that was when Taeyong stopped breathing. The eye contact last less than a second but the guy captivated Taeyong’s world with his eyes.

 

"I think I like that guy. Oh, no. This is no good. I should focus on my study," Taeyong said to himself when the guy passed him. Taeyong immediately open his camera phone to look at himself, he found him looking so red, and now he was so embarrassed and got even redder.

 

Since that day, whenever Taeyong bumped into the guy he always hid himself behind the wall pretending he was not there even though the said guy always noticed him. Taeyong was always obvious when he likes someone and it is always fun to see.

 

“Dude, when are you going to tell him that you like him ? He has been stealing looks at you for months already,” Doyoung asked Jaehyun as they were getting ready for Mathematics class when they saw Taeyong and Johnny passed by their class from their class window.

 

“I don’t know dude. I think he is too good for me. I mean he is the top student in the whole country and he is so handsome and cute. I am only a kid who goes to school because he wants to play basketball.” Jaehyun said while playing with his pen. Jaehyun could hear Doyoung’s laugh sarcastically.

 

“Sure he is the top student and such but bro you’re one of the top athlete in this school. You literally brought our school name to the International level because of basketball. You aren’t that bad. Plus, imagine the top athlete and student ACTUALLY date. Wow, I can’t imagine how many girls probably crying,” Winwin said.

 

“Yeah Jae. You ain’t that bad,” Doyoung agreed.