3 - Lover

Will we be together at the end ?

Taeyong tried to focus in the class but he couldn't.

 

"This is all his fault," he groaned.

 

When the class ended he rushed to the bus stop to take the earliest bus to go back home. He really hated the fact that his mind couldn't function that moment. He tried to take a few deep breathes but he couldn't. His hands were shaking like crazy and that was when he saw Yuta approaching the bus stop. He immediately ran towards Yuta and hugged him.

 

"I'm sorry but I need someone right now," Taeyong explained himself as he tightened the hug for comfort. Taeyong could feel Yuta's pats on his back. They were in that position for a few minutes when Taeyong let go.

 

"Thank you, Yuta. And, I'm sorry. Again," Taeyong spoke up.

 

"No, it's fine. You can always lean on me. I'm your friend for God's sake. Come, let's sit there," Yuta grabbed Taeyong's hand and led him to the bus stop's seats. While they waited for the bus to come, Yuta asked him.

 

"Did something happen ?"

 

"No," Taeyong lied.

 

"Okay then. Oh, that's the bus. You should hop in."

 

"How about you ?"

 

"I need to go somewhere. I will ride another bus," Yuta waved to Taeyong.

 

As soon as the bus drove away, Yuta immediately texted Jaehyun to tell about Taeyong's condition.

 

"Did you meet him today ? He had panic attack just now. If you're not going to take care of him, I will."

 

Jaehyun got the text while he was recording the news and finally read it two hours later when he finished. He immediately excuse himself and went straight to Taeyong's favourite cafe. He bought Taeyong's favourite Strawberry Frappe and Strawberry Mashed Cake.

 

Jaehyun rang Taeyong's bell and waited for a while. No answer. He rang the bell again but still no respond. He took a deep breath and tried to enter the passkey.

 

"0701" Tiiiit.

 

"0214" Tiiiit.

 

"0515" Tit. Tit. Tit.

 

The door was opened.

 

"He changed the passkey to our anniversary date," he smiled.

 

Jaehyun immediately entered the house to look for Taeyong when he realised the light wasn't . But he could feel the air conditioner from the front door. The house was so cold. It felt like the air conditioner was on for hours. He quickly searched for the switches to turn on the lights. He checked the living room but no one was there. The kitchen and bathroom too. So Jaehyun walked to the room where both Taeyong and him had shared before. He opened the door just to find Taeyong sitting on the floor sleeping by the big window, leaning his back on the bed side, wrapped with his blanket. Jaehyun smiled at the view. Taeyong is always the cutest when he sleeps, Jaehyun thought. Jaehyun then lifted Taeyong onto the bed and made him lay comfortably before putting the comfort food he bought in the refrigerator and slowed down the air conditioner.

 

Taeyong woke up in the morning and rolled on the bed as a habit when he felt someone else was on his bed. He jumped out of the bed with a loud thud. The sound woke Jaehyun up, suprised.

 

"How the hell you got in my bed ? Oh my god! I thought a robber just rapped me." Taeyong said almost yelling while rubbing his chest.

 

"Babe, I'm sorry," Jaehyun crawled on the bed towards Taeyong to pull him into the bed back. He hugged Taeyong thightly.

 

"Let's sleep for another 10 minutes."

 

Jaehyun shoved his face in Taeyong's chest. The sound of Taeyong's heartbeat would always be one of his favourite sounds. Taeyong couldn't sleep anymore so he just play with Jaehyun's hair, his favourite habit. It had been 12 minutes and Jaehyun seemed to not waking up so Taeyong pushed Jaehyun a little.

 

"Jaehyun, you aren't going to work today ? When are you going to wake up ?"

 

"Babe, you feeling good today ?" Taeyong hummed as a yes.

 

"It has been too long since my bed was occupied by two bodies. I missed your scent, your warmth, your voice, your touch, your k--" Taeyong was cut as Jaehyun pecked Taeyong's lips.

 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there when you had the panic attack. How I wish I can always be by your side all day long to protect you." Jaehyun sighed deeply when Taeyong pecked his lips.

 

"Let's go back to the old us. I need you. I can't live without you. When you was gone from my life, I was so miserable. I listen to the news every hour just in case I got to listen to your voice. Sometimes I even watch 8pm news so I could "luckily" see you or listen to you." Taeyong pattered. Jaehyun was speechless by everything Taeyong just said. He thought Taeyong had forgotten him because Taeyong never call or text him after they broke up. Jaehyun didn't change his phone number just in case Taeyong would call or text him but he was wrong. Taeyong, too, was waiting.

 

'Why did I forget this cutie will never make the first move ?,' Jaehyun thought.

 

5 years ago.

 

"Hey, Jaehyun! I think I saw him at the library. The furthest seat. As usual," Doyoung tipped.

"Bro, thank you! He didn't go there for days. I need to meet and tell him," Jaehyun patted Doyoung's shoulder and ran to the library.

 

When he arrived in the library, he immediately walked towards the backside of the library just to find Taeyong in his pink hoodie wrapped in grey jacket leaning his head on the table, sleeping. Jaehyun took the seat in front of Taeyong and leaned his head to stare at Taeyong's face better. They were in that position for 20 minutes until Taeyong's phone on the table vibrated because of the alarm. Jaehyun was so shocked when Taeyong's eyes were opened. Taeyong who was taking a nap was also suprised to see his crush in front of him as soon as he woke up. He jumped and almost ran from his seat when Jaehyun grabbed his hand.

 

"I need to talk to you," Jaehyun said, still in low volume.

 

"Sorry. But do we know each other ?"

 

"No. Of course not. But I have something to say. Do you wanna talk here or outside ?" Jaehyun asked.

 

Taeyong was shaking because his crush suddenly made a conversation with him and now his crush said he needed to tell him something.

 

‘Here or outside ? Here ? Outside ?’ Taeyong’s mind could not decide. Taeyong scanned the whole library, there were not much people, and he thought there would be more people outside so he blurted "Here" and took his seat back.

 

Since they were in the library, they could not talk too loud and they were whispering the whole time. Therefore, Jaehyun took the opportunity to lean his face towards Taeyong's. He could see Taeyong's cheeks grew pinker.

 

"I have been wanting to talk to you but you weren't here for a few weeks. I waited until the library closed every day. Where have you been ?" Taeyong was shocked when he heard that. He could not go to the school because he was warded. So, he had been missing at school for so long and he didn't know Jaehyun was actually waiting for him.

 

"Oh, I've been busy," Taeyong lied.

 

"Oh…" Jaehyun rubbed the back of his neck. Not knowing how to tell Taeyong about his feeling.

 

"What do you want to tell me though ? I need to revise one more chapter before the library close in an hour," Taeyong said while going through his account textbook. Jaehyun who realised Taeyong couldn't look into his eyes, wrapped his hands on Taeyong's cheeks to make Taeyong stare in his eyes.

 

"I like you. I love you. Can you be my boyfriend ?" Jaehyun murmured enough for only Taeyong to hear.

 

Taeyong gasped as he couldn't believe what he just heard. "I'm sorry. What did you just say ?"

 

"I said, can you be my boyfriend, you cutie pie ?" Jaehyun pecked Taeyong's cheek.

 

Jaehyun giggled as he could see Taeyong's cheeks turned red. Taeyong immediately hide his face in his palm. He couldn't breathe at all. He couldn't believe his own crush just asked him to be his boyfriend. This is impossible, he thought. Taeyong peeked through his fingers to see Jaehyun's face and he could see Jaehyun was nervous. That's when he thought Jaehyun really likes him. Taeyong slowly showed his beet red face and bit his lower lip.

 

"Umm... I think I should go home now," Taeyong said as he started to pack his books. Jaehyun, eventough he expected this, he was still upset. He could feel his heart broke into pieces. He only stared at Taeyong who was busy packing until he was done. Of course top student like Taeyong would never accept him. He totally will never get on Taeyong’s level.

 

"Come on. Get up. As a boyfriend you need to company his boyfriend to his home," Taeyong whispered into Jaehyun's ear and Jaehyun's broken heart were back into its original condition as he smiled ear to ear.