10 - Alone

Will we be together at the end ?

Jaehyun came back to a dark house. He thought Taeyong was still hanging out with Yuta but when he saw the packed tteokbokki on the kitchen island, he knew Taeyong went out somewhere. Jaehyun went to the bedroom to change but when he opened the closet he saw that almost half of Taeyong’s clothes were not there and so the big baggage in the room.

 

“,” Jaehyun knew something was wrong. He tried to call Taeyong but it went straight to the voicemail so he tried to call Yuta. He waited for a few rings until the man pick up.

 

“Is Taeyong with you ?”

 

“No, he went back before me. I am with Winwin right now. Why ?”

 

“He is gone. He packed his clothes already. I called him but it went to the voicemail. He said he is flying to Chicago next week. But why he is gone already ?”

 

“Really ? He was so excited to spend the holiday with you though. You should try calling Johnny. Maybe he knows. Please update me later,”

 

“Okay. Thank you.” By that, Jaehyun immediately called Johnny. The first call was unanswered. Jaehyun’s hand started getting wet. The nervousness was overwhelming his body. He tried again. The call was answered after a few rings.

 

“Hey, Jae. What’s up ?”

 

“No time for that. Did Taeyong told you anything today ?”

 

“Yeah, he said he is coming here. His flight was 2 hours ago. Wait, he didn’t tell you ?”

 

“Oh.” Jaehyun cussed. Pushing his hair to the back. He took a deep breath to calm himself.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong ?”

 

“He didn’t tell me at all. No text or memo. He said he is going next week,” Jaehyun took another shaky deep breath that didn’t stay unnoticed by Johnny.

“I don’t know what is going on right now but I need to tell you something. He said that he is staying here. He even asked for a flat for himself. Perhaps it is very sudden for both of you. I know how much Taeyong loves you. He won’t let you go just like that. It will be hard for you both now, but listen to me. Everything’s gonna be worth it. I promise,” the words were like pats on Jaehyun’s back. It was promising enough to make him better until Taeyong finally break the news when he landed. Jaehyun sighed heavily.

 

“Thanks, Johnnny. I needed that,”
 

“No biggie. Taeyong will be here in like more than half day. Please make sure you sleep and eat properly. You will need to be in your best condition to talk with Taeyong later. Good night, Jae. Please be strong. Taeyong needs you,” with that, Johnny ended the call. Jaehyun sat on the bed thinking of things that could happen when he wasn’t home. But he couldn’t think of anything. Taeyong was fine the past few weeks. Yuta even said that the man was excited to spend the holiday with him. To shrug the worries, Jaehyun decided to take a warm bath and ate the tteokbokki that Taeyong packed for him. Jaehyun dragged himself to the kitchen and brought the food to the living room. He took a pic of it, just to be cautious, as he wanted to keep the last memory with Taeyong. Jaeyong savored the soggy tteokbokkie with his whole heart, wanted to remember the food that Taeyong loves. The normal 15 minutes mealtime extended to 30 minutes. Jaehyun kept playing back the entire things they did these past few months in his mind. He was grateful that he had to visit the library that day because that was how they met again after breaking up. All the heated kisses and es they shared. The meal they ate. The places they went for dates. Jaehyun was happy. No, Jaehyun is happy. The tears almost flowed down but Jaehyun stopped it by wiping it. He then cleaned up to dispose the trash when he found a crumpled paper in the trash bin. He put the food container aside and started taking out the paper. It was the letter that Taeyong’s stepmom gave him. He read the whole letter more than 3 times to figure out the sudden behavior of Taeyong but he still couldn’t find one. He was sure Taeyong was just overthinking and he would change his mind later. Jaehyun took the letter to keep it and dispose the trash later.

 

It was Saturday and Jaehyun woke a little bit too early. He didn’t get a good sleep that night because he kept thinking on why did Taeyong left so suddenly. Jaehyun then took a long bath to keep himself calm before his world started crashing down. Jaehyun was preparing his breakfast when his phone rang. Jaehyun dropped everything and ran towards his phone expecting it to be Taeyong or Johnny but he was somewhat disappointed when the caller was Yuta. He picked it up, anyways.

 

“Dude, you didn’t update me anything. Did something happen to Taeyong ?” Jaehyun jerked a bit after listening to the voice that was a little bit too loud in the morning.

 

“Well, I don’t yet for a reason. Taeyong hasn’t landed yet so I am still waiting for his call so he can tell me. Why are you so loud in the morning, man ?” Jaehyun groaned, earning a small sorry from the Japanese.

 

“Okay then. Please make sure to tell me afterwards or if you don’t I will just call him by myself. Bye,” Jaehyun put his phone on the kitchen island, which was nearer to him. He quickly eat his breakfast so he could pick for Taeyong’s call in the most decent way.

 

 

*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*

 

Hello, fellas. Sorry for leaving you all for a month. Had a writer block and I don't know how I should end the fic. Should I write an open ending or sad ending or happy ending ? Sad to tell you all that the story is nearing to the end. A few chapters left. And again, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who read my first fic ever. I know I am still lacking a lot. Like I am so bad in English. But thank you, for real.