Chapter 7: Revelations

⫸Troubled Ⅰ⫷ MISLED

Due to a series of unexpected events, Wonyoung and Gyuri's outing was suspended. Yena invited Gyuri over and though the others were persistent about going as well, Yena and Gyuri were adamant about needing to talk.. Just between the two of them. 

 

Yena's parents were going to be out until dinner and her brother was at a friend's house to film for their project. It was the perfect time for the two of them to have a talk without anyone or anything bothering them. 

 

That was the plan but the two of them have been sitting on the sofa in silence for the past thirty minutes. Neither of them could start the conversation. They didn't know where to start.

 

After some more moments of silence, Gyuri decided to start, being the first to ask, "If I may know.. How exactly did you.. end up being friends with Yuri?"

 

"I.. became aware of her circumstances so I decided to approach her," Yena didn't specify, but Gyuri knew what she was talking about. 

 

"...So it still happens.. until now.." Gyuri had a lonely look in her eyes which Yena didn't fail to notice. "I.. I first met her when we were in middle school. I guess.. I guess I was just like you. I happened to get to know her.. And realized what was happening.. So I decided to befriend her. Watching her made me feel uncomfortable so I thought.. Maybe I could help her, you know?"

 

Yena kept nodding to every word. It was almost scary how similar their encounters with Yuri were. She wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the reason why Yuri was wary of her in the first place. 

 

"So.. I started talking to her, spending my free time with her.. We even studied together on examination weeks.. We were basically the best of the friends, you know. We did everything together.. And I always tried to make sure that were little openings for anyone to do anything to her. Initially, it was all fine.. And everything seemed to be getting better for Yuri too.." Gyuri suddenly stopped. 

 

Yena started giving her looks, waiting for Gyuri to continue after stopping at a hook. Yena noticed how deep in thought Gyuri was so she gave the other girl some time to think. 

 

After taking some time in silence, Gyuri continued, "...It was.. Very complicated.. I don't even know how to explain it.. My closeness to Yuri.. May have put her in more danger than I could expect. I.. may have underestimated myself. Other than.. people getting physical.. She also received many death threats. It was.. more worrisome than it was before."

 

Gyuri took a deep breath, exhaling slowly, "But that wasn't even the worst part of it." 

 

 Yena was listening intently, not interrupting Gyuri. 

 

"It's.. It was Yuri," Gyuri leaned back, looking straight at the ceiling.

 

"She.. It was like.. She grew.. too attached to me. Despite everything that's happening to her.. She kept on getting herself hurt.. But she would come to me with a smile like always, saying everything was fine.. When nothing was fine.  Yuri.. she was trying to shield herself from being hurt.. by pretending that everything was okay.. 

She developed the mindset that.. She deserved everything that was happening to her.. And that if she at least had me, that was good enough for her. She just.. She smiled everything away. Yena, she wasn't scared of anything. But for her, I was afraid. I was anxious being with her. She wasn't scared for her own well-being but I was."

 

Yena's mind couldn't even process half of what Gyuri was saying.  Gyuri's story was all over the place but considering how Gyuri herself was struggling to explain it, Yena couldn't complain. While Gyuri paused once more in order to collect her thoughts, Yena decided to put things together from what she heard from Gyuri. 

 

From what Yena could understand, Yuri got too attached to Gyuri and was dangerously dependent on their friendship to the point that she barely cared about herself. 

 

If Yena was to use a word, maybe obsessed  would be a fitting way to summarize how Gyuri had described Yuri. 

 

If she were to consider Yuri's situation, it would be understandable for Yuri to feel that way about Gyuri. Gyuri was the one person that Yuri could rely on, the only person at that time who actually cared for her. Actually, it could be that Gyuri was the first person to treat her that way. 

 

The things Gyuri said weren't impossible, and Yena never really knew Gyuri as the type to lie. Yena and Gyuri met through common friends. It was knowing Gyuri that lead to her friendship with Wonyoung, and later, Yujin. 

 

"..So.. What did you do?" Yena spoke up for the first time since Gyuri started speaking, "When you realized that your friendship might've been too dangerous for her?"

 

"I.. I did what I thought was best for her, Yena. I decided to distance myself. And no, I didn't just ditch her all of a sudden. I tried to talk to her about spending less time so we could have more time for ourselves but she couldn't understand why I would ask for that. 

Her attachment towards me and our relationship in general wasn't healthy for her anymore. She focused only on me.. and neglected herself, Yena. There was also a fact that some of her aggressors were against her for the mere reason that she was close to me. I didn't know what else I could've done." 

 

Yena could feel the pain and discomfort in Gyuri's voice as she spoke. 

 

"I didn't want to do it, you know? I wanted to see if there was another way for me to help her.. but.. I was also just a kid, Yena. I still am. I couldn't find any better way to handle it.. So.. I distanced myself from her.. And.. I cut all contact after I graduated."

 

Yena would get mad at Gyuri, but she couldn't bring herself to while looking at the girl's face. Yena was used to seeing Gyuri with her signature puppy smile and hearing her laugh at even the little things. This wasn't a side of Gyuri that she saw very often. It was wrong - very wrong of Gyuri to just cut all contact like that. But Gyuri was also young at that time. 

 

"I.. I'm not surprised she acted that way after seeing me," Gyuri forced out a laugh, though it sounded nothing like one, "I mean, in her view, I suddenly pulled away and disappeared.."

 

"....You need to explain this to her," Yena took Gyuri's hand and held it tightly, "I don't think it's good for either of you to carry this kind of burden."

 

"You think she'd talk to me, Yena? I was someone that disappeared from her life three years ago. She doesn't need me back. You saw how she reacted earlier."

 

"But if you don't fix this, Yuri will never get closure!" 

 

Gyuri was slightly startled by Yena suddenly raising her voice but soon looked at Yena with soft eyes, "You.. You really care about her, huh?"

 

Yena couldn't really answer the question and Gyuri wasn't really waiting for an answer. 

 

"I can try," Gyuri gave a weak smile, "I.. I know it isn't good for her to carry this resentment for me.. It's been three years.. I.. I also wouldn't like this to keep haunting her all her life."

 

"You.. both made mistakes," Yena whispered.

 "She was overwhelmed with the feeling of finally having someone to rely on that she lost sight of everything else.. And you.. while thinking of what was good for her, ended up hurting her and scarring her, even. I honestly still haven't grasped your situation 100%. 

There's still a lot of things I'm confused about and.. some things that don't make complete sense to me but.. I won't make you to give me all the details. Yuri is important to me.. And so are you, Gyuri. That's why I want you two to fix this. What really happened, and the answers to this problem - That's between you and Yuri."

 

Gyuri nodded. She didn't say anything more.

 

The two of them sat in silence for a bit longer before Gyuri excused herself. "I should get going."

 

Gyuri stood up from the sofa, walking to the entrance. Shortly after, Yena followed her. 

 

Gyuri opened the door and walked out, turning to Yena who was right behind her, "Um.. Hey.. Thanks.. I guess. It made me feel a bit better finally talking to someone after all these years. It made me realize that leaving things as is isn't the best for both of us."

 

"I should be thanking you for opening up to me," Yena smiled at Gyuri, who smiled back. 

 

"Can I say something?" Gyuri gave Yena one last look.

 

"Hm?" 

 

"It's great that.. you're concerned about Yuri but.. You need to take care of yourself, alright?"

 

 Yena didn't really know how to take in what Gyuri said but said, "Right.. I'll.. keep that in mind."  

 

After simply nodding at Yena, Gyuri walked over to the elevators. Yena kept watching Gyuri until the elevator arrived, going back inside the house once the elevator door closed.

 

"Am I doing the right thing?" Yena asked herself. It really wasn't her place to meddle and it was certainly beyond her boundaries to say those things to Gyuri. She didn't know the whole situation. Though she somehow got the gist of it, the way Gyuri explained things was somewhat vague and indirect.. She also hasn't heard Yuri's side of the story yet. 

 

It wasn't that she considered that Gyuri was lying. Different people see the same situation differently. Yuri may have interpreted things way off from the way Gyuri saw things back then. But regardless, she did think Gyuri and Yuri had to talk things out. Having complicated feelings even after three years have passed isn't good for their mental health. Yuri who was scarred, and Gyuri who carried the guilt; both of them were suffering in their own ways. 

 

Yena sighed. What was she doing taking other people's problems onto herself? She went back to the sofa, flopping down. 

 

She felt mentally exhausted. 

 

Because she's been talking to Gyuri the entire time, she was distracted enough not to have them.. But those intrusive thoughts started attacking her the moment she was alone.

 

You.. It's all because of you. 

 

If.. If I hadn't met you.. Jiyoung wouldn't have gotten out of hand... 

 

If I hadn't met you.. I wouldn't have met Chaewon.. and Yujin.. And Wonyoung.. 

 

If... If only I didn't know Wonyoung.. I wouldn't have met Gyuri again.. 

 

I wouldn't have felt everything rushing back to me again..

 

It's all because of you. 

 

It's all because of you. 

 

It's all because of you.    

 

"GAH!" Yena shouted, trying to override Yuri's voice in her head. "Agh.. I.. I don't even know."

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A few days later...]

 

 

 

 

"Yena," the boy who sat by the door, the one who we previously named Seoeon, walked over to Yena, squatting next to her table, "Are you feeling alright?" 

 

"Hm?" Yena, who had her forehead against the able, turned her head to the side, facing him, "Why do you ask?"

 

"I don't know," Sakura had her chair facing Yena's table. "Maybe he finds it weird that our class beagle has been very quiet for the past few days."

 

Hyewon had also taken her chair over to Sakura's table, giving Yena worried glances. 

 

"You usually eat with Chaewon and those first years, don't you? You never stay in the classroom during lunch." Seoeon added, "Even when that girl... who was that girl that comes here to get you?"

 

"Jo Yuri," Sakura answered for Yena. 

 

"Ah, right. Even when Yuri didn't come to get you, you always ate in the cafeteria anyways," Seoeon continued. "Are you sick? Or did you have a fight with someone in the group?" 

 

"I wouldn't call it a fight..." a sigh escaped Yena's lips. "I mean.. Maybe it was.."

 

"Is it.. Yuri?"

 

"Mmmhmm.." Yena hummed in reply. She really wasn't in the mood for anything. 

 

"Wow, I wish I could ace a quiz in this state," Sakura chuckled softly. As Sakura implied, Yena, who had been totally distracted and lifeless, managed to ace a quiz with very little effort. 

 

"That quiz was the least of my worries," Yena lifted her head slightly, placing her arms on the table so she could bury her face against them. 

 

"Aw.. Cheer up, little duckie," Seoeon poked Yena's arm but she didn't respond. 

 

"Let her be, Seoeon," Sakura shook her head. 

 

Hyewon reached out to Yena, patting the girl's head. 

 

Seoeon let out a sigh, standing up and returning to his seat. 

 

"Hm.. That Seoeon," Sakura spoke just loud enough for the three of them to hear, "He totally has a thing for Yena." 

 

"What?" Yena lifted her head, looking at Sakura with a puzzled expression, "He was just showing concern." 

 

Hyewon shook her head, "Of course, Yena. Of course."

 

Yena raised a brow.

 

"Ugh," Sakura groaned. "You're an absolute genius but you really are an idiot sometimes."

 

"Excuse me?" Yena acted all offended. 

 

"Nevermind," Sakura patted Yena's shoulder, "I don't want to have to explain this."

 

Yena pouted before resting her head on her arms again.

 

 

 

 

~ + ~

 

 

 

 

 

[After school...]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yena," Chaewon looked at Yena was they walked towards the bike parking, "Have you been eating during lunch?"

 

"Yeah.. Mom has been packing my lunch."

 

"Well, I guess that's fine. I won't force you to eat with us if you don't have the energy to," Chaewon was concerned about Yena and she knew it had a lot to do with Yuri. She would ask but she knew that Yena would tell her eventually so she decided against it.

 

"Where's Yujin and Wonyoung?" Yena questioned. 

 

"They left early," Chaewon opened her phone to show a message from Wonyoung, "They're going to hang out with Gyuri."

 

Yena nodded along as they went over to their respective bikes. 

 

"Yena!" the two of them heard a voice along with the sound of someone running over. 

 

"Seoeon?" Yena glanced at him for a moment before unchaining her bike, "Do you need something?"

 

"Can you come with me somewhere?" Seoeon pressed his hands together as he voiced out his request. "So this new ice cream shop opened, yeah?"

 

"Ah, I heard about that.. So why're you asking me?"

 

"Wouldn't it be really lonely to go get ice cream by myself, though?"

 

"Well, true but..."

 

"Come on~" Seoeon got on Yena's bike, pushing it backwards from the parking, "If you don't come, I'll go there without you."

 

"You'll leave me? With MY bike??" Yena complained but got on the passenger seat anyways, "You better treat me, Jin Seoeon."

 

"Of course. I invited you, after all."

 

"I'm going home ahead then," Chaewon nodded at them, before riding off.

 

 "Mm," Yena waved at Chaewon.

 

"Alrighty~" Seoeon started pedaling, "We're off too~"

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

[Yuri's POV]

 

 

The past few days have been.. Boring. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, honestly. I haven't been eating lunch with Yena-unnie and the others.. I can't bring myself to go see her. Not after what I said..

 

Ah, one special thing did happen. And no, I'm not talking about meeting her again. Jiyoung returned my phone.. With no trouble. She just approached me, placed my phone and the table and then left. I was.. very conflicted by it. I could never have imagined having an encounter with Jiyoung that was peaceful. 

 

I guess Yena-unnie's influence works on a lot of people..

 

 

 

 

 

 

....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Without me noticing, another dull school day has ended. With zero mishaps again today, I leave the classroom and walk to the entrance. It took me a while.. Maybe even too long. My steps were heavy and slow.. I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. 

 

In a matter of time, I made it to the entrance. I've been looking down, watching every step I made as I walked out of the building. Still, with heavy steps, I continued to walk towards the gate.. Until I decided to look up. 

 

Over at the distance, I see three familiar figures. 

 

Chaewon was preparing to get on her bike... And then the people with her..

 

It was the male senior I was familiar with; I don't know his name but I've seen him a couple of times. He's Yena-unnie's classmate.. But I never knew they were close.. Not that I needed to know. Yena-unnie's personal life doesn't concern me..

 

But I stayed still in the distance, staring at them. The two of them were very casual with each other... And there's nothing wrong with that.. But I couldn't help but notice the way he looked at Yena-unnie. I couldn't put my fingers on it but there was something.. 

 

And that something made me feel unusually uncomfortable. 

 

I watched as he sat on her bike, pushing it back slightly.. I couldn't hear what they were talking about but I couldn't care less. The moment she jumped on the passenger seat, the two of them sticking close to one another..

 

I didn't think it would make me feel so uneasy. Just recently, I had been on that same bike with the same closeness with Unnie. It was just a bike ride. Why am I so bothered by it? It's not like I'm the only one who can share a bike with Unnie.

 

....Did I.. Wish I was?

 

I kept on watching them until they left, finally remembering how to walk once they were out of sight. Really, what is wrong with me right now? Yena-unnie has friends that she's close with. I only knew about Chaewon, Yujin and Wonyoung but of course she has friends in her class. 

 

She can be close to anyone she wants... Why am I concerning myself so much with her? In the first place.. It was me that said those hurtful and bitter words to her.. 

 

She.. She probably doesn't want to talk to me anymore.

 

But.. Isn't this what I wanted from the start? 

 

For her to just leave me be and stop concerning herself with me? 

 

....Then why am I so sad..?

 

This feeling.. I know what this is but..

 

I can't accept it.

 

It can't be that. 

 

There's no way I feel that way about her.

 

.....

 

I can't.

 

I don't even know if these feelings are real. Even now, after all this time, I still can't get her out of my system. Did I ever really see Yena-unnie or was I just looking for fragments to replace the hole left by Jang Gyuri?

 

Was I just hoping for another person to give me what Gyuri was able to give me? I don't know.. But there is one thing that I do know for sure. 

 

Gyuri still holds a part of me. I don't know what it is, but she's still there.. She's always at the back of my mind.. 

 

With the way I am now.. I.. I can't.. feel anything for Yena-unnie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[General POV, with Yena and Seoeon]

 

 

 

 

Sitting outside on a bench somewhere close to the Ice Cream Shop was Yena and Seoeon, eating their ice cream in silence. Seoeon chose mint chocolate, much to Yena's dismay. Though Seoeon kept persuading her to try it, he ended up buying her strawberry ice cream instead. 

 

"I don't understand why you like that flavor," Yena shook her head, taking a spoonful of her ice cream and eating it. 

 

"I swear," Seoeon chuckled, "It DOES NOT taste like toothpaste."

 

"Suuuuure," Yena smiled a little, probably the first in a while. She knew very well why Seoeon invited her. "Thanks..."

 

"Hm?" Seoeon played dumb. 

 

"I know you invited me because I looked miserable," Yena admitted, "I'll be honest.. I'm having some troubles with Yuri.."

 

"Is it that bad?" Seoeon asked with curiosity. He's never seen her that down before. She's the resident beagle after all. Seeing her acting close to lifeless was so new.

 

"I first decided to make friends with her because I wanted to help her, you know?" Yena sighed, "But maybe.. Maybe me being in her life made everything worse. She's probably far more miserable than I am right now."

 

Seoeon kept quiet for a moment, drinking the melted ice cream from his cup. 

 

"I don't really know what happened between you and Yuri but I'm sure of one thing," Seoeon threw the empty cup into the trash bin. "I doubt she's miserable when she's with you."

 

"How would you know?" Yena put the plastic spoon she held in , keeping it there as she pouted. 

 

"I just know, okay?" Seoeon couldn't actually tell her the reason. 

 

Girls liking Yena wasn't a new concept to Seoeon. In fact, he probably considered a lot more girls as his rivals in comparison to other guys. Even without telling him, he could tell when someone liked Yena as well. After all, he felt the same way. He'd understand. 

 

It's the first time he's seen Yena act like this over someone and honestly, he had a feeling it was because Yena felt that way about Yuri.. But Yena herself was probably too clueless to tell. He's liked her for the three years that they've been classmates but Yena never noticed. She wasn't very smart when it came to romance and the like.

 

"You.. You really care about her, don't you?" Seoeon asked with a sad and gentle smile. 

 

"Huh?" Yena blinked, the spoon in falling to the ground when she opened . It was the same question Gyuri had asked her when they talked a few days ago. Just like then, she didn't know how to answer. She wasn't sure how to answer. 

 

"What's with that reaction?" He laughed softly. "You obviously care about her a lot if you're brooding over her plus being a miserable little duckie all the time."

 

"H-Hey!" She pouted again, "I mean.. I do care about her.. I.. I've never felt this kind of thing for someone before. Sure, I've had fights with Chaewon over the entire course of our friendship and yes, I felt bad whenever I felt like it was my fault but.. I don't know.. It's different."

 

That was all Seoeon needed to confirm his hunch. Though he was silently wishing that it wasn't the case, Yena's confusion only proved it. She liked Yuri. Not as a friend.. But more. Seoeon had a disappointed smile on his face after which he let out a long sigh. 

 

Well, it's now or never.

 

"Yena-yah," Seoeon let out another sigh, catching Yena's full attention, "I like you."

 

Yena froze for a while, staring blankly at Seoeon. He raised a brow questioningly as he asked, "Did you know that?"

 

"W-W-What? S-Stop kidding around.. Ah.. Uh..." Yena's cheeks heated up as she looked away. "This definitely seems like the kind of setting for a confession scene but-"

 

"I'm not kidding around," Seoeon interrupted her, his voice much more serious than earlier. This effectively stopped her from babbling but she still didn't look his way. "I like you. Being with you like this makes me the happiest person in the world. We're not even doing anything particularly special. I'm just happy when you're with me. When you're sad, I'm sad too. I couldn't stand seeing you act that way so I invited you here. And you know? When you open up to me like earlier, it makes me feel like I'm worth something to you."

 

She turned to him with a guilty look on her face. She never noticed. There have been multiple occasions where Hyewon and Sakura had commented on him having feelings for her but she always brushed it off.

 

"But Yena," he looked her right in the eye, "The way I feel about you.. Isn't it the same way you feel about Yuri?"

 

Yena's eyes widened at his sudden question. 

 

"Am I wrong?" Seoeon's eyes softened at her reaction. As he expected, she hadn't noticed it herself. 

 

Yena looked down at the bench, the words he said replaying in her head. 

 

Being with you like this makes me the happiest person in the world. 

 

We're not even doing anything particularly special. 

 

I'm just happy when you're with me.

 

 When you're sad, I'm sad too. 

 

When you open up to me like earlier, it makes me feel like I'm worth something to you.  

 

....

 

She.. likes Yuri? She thought, and thought.. and thought about his words. 

 

Being with Yuri did make her the happiest person in the world. 

 

The simple act of going to school together made her heard go wild. 

 

It hurt her when Yuri got hurt. 

 

And it was the most blissful feeling when Yuri started opening up to her. 

 

It wasn't the same kind of feeling she felt with any other friend. 

 

It was different. It was way different.

 

He wasn't wrong. 

 

She liked Yuri. 

 

It made her feel like she lost everything when Yuri widened the distance between them. 

 

She couldn't get herself to do anything; she had trouble motivating herself. 

 

She did nothing but think about Yuri in the time they were apart. 

 

In the short amount of time she knew Yuri, the other girl already made her feel all sorts of feelings. It was strange, but it is what it is. She liked Yuri. 

 

Actually, maybe saying she loved Yuri was more accurate. 

 

But that fact made her feel guiltier. She looked up, her eyes looking back at him. She started to tear up when she realized what he just did. Despite liking her, he went out of his way to help her realize her feelings for Yuri.

 

"Wait, why are YOU gonna cry?" He started laughing. 

 

"I'm sorry I never noticed."

 

"Don't be," he ruffled her hair, "I helped you because I wanted to, alright? You better not waste my efforts, Duckie. You're going to fix things with Yuri, you hear me?"

 

"Yes, Sir!" Yena saluted, smiling even with tears in her eyes. 

 

"Okay then!" Seoeon jumped up from the bench, "It's getting late. I guess I need to give you a ride home."

 

"Need I remind you that you're using MY bike?" Yena found herself feeling lighter as they begun to joke around again. She felt bad for him but she couldn't lie about her feelings. He said it himself; he's sad when she's sad. Thinking about that, she tried her best to be cheerful for him. It's the least she could do. 

 

The two of them rode the bike back to Yena's apartment complex where Seoeon dropped her and her bike off. He then proceeded to walk home from there.

 

 

 

 

~ + ~

 

 

 

 

Yena couldn't count the number of times she sighed as she made her way to their apartment. There were so much revelations for her mind to fully digest in the past few days. First, there was Gyuri's revelation of her past with Yuri. Then, there's Seoeon confessing his feelings to her...

 

And more importantly, there's the revelation she made to herself... that she has feelings for Yuri. All of a sudden, she found herself agreeing to all the times Sakura had called her an idiot. It was already stupid that she couldn't tell when someone had feelings for her but it just added up that she couldn't even figure out her own feelings without someone's help.

 

Eventually, she reached their apartment, taking the key from her blazer pocket and opening the door. As she was taking off her shoes and preparing to wear her slippers, her brother went to check on her, asking, "You're home late. Did you go somewhere with Chaewon?" 

 

"No," once she wore her slippers, she went with to her brother to give him a tight hug, "I was with Seoeon."

 

"Ah, Seoeon?" He nodded as he hugged her back. 

 

"We had ice cream," Yena pulled away, walking to her room. 

 

It's been bugging Sungmin - how quiet and lethargic Yena was being. When the two of them are together, Yena was always energetic and liked to fool around.. But lately, she's been somewhat distant. She was still kinda clingy and would joke around with their parents but Sungmin knew better. 

 

"Do you have something you want to talk about?" He asked.

 

".....I'll change first."

 

"Alright." Sungmin went to the sofa, turning off the TV. 

 

After changing to more comfortable clothing, Yena walked out of her room, seeing Sungmin on the sofa. Yena couldn't help but think of all the important conversations she's had on that very sofa. It might as well hold all of her secrets. 

 

She went to the sofa, sitting down close to her brother, leaning on his shoulder. Somehow, as per usual, by total coincidence and not for plot purposes, their parents weren't at home on that particular day so they could speak freely with each other. Not because we needed a situation for them to be alone - It's a coincidence.

 

Sungmin wasn't going to force her to start. He was giving her all the time to collect her thoughts and decide on what to tell him. After a little while, Yena started. 

 

"Oppa.. A lot of things happened recently."

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"You know about Yuri, right? Considering I visited her daily when she was in the hospital.."

 

"Yeah. I had to pick you up because mom and dad wouldn't let you go home alone."

 

"Um.. Right.. About that.." 

 

"Hm?" 

 

"I.. I first talked to Yuri because she was being bullied, Oppa."

 

"Mhm.."

 

"And.. It took a bit of time but she eventually opened up to me.. Specially in the time we spent together in the hospital.. But.. Something happened.. And we ended up having.. I don't know if I could call it a fight but.. We haven't been talking at all."

 

"That's why you've been unusually listless recently?"

 

"Mhm.. I.. I just felt really bad about everything.. But the thing is, I've had fights with friends before.. And it's never brought me down like this.. And Seoeon helped me realize things."

 

"And what did you realize?"

 

"...I'm in love with Yuri, Oppa.."

 

Sungmin didn't say anything. He wasn't exactly expecting her to come out like that. Well, he did feel that there was something different from how Yena treated Yuri. She practically argued with her parents just to be allowed to stay with Yuri in the hospital and ended up having to compromise by only visiting her after school. 

 

Yena was caring for her other friends too; she once stayed in the hospital for a week during winter break when Chaewon injured herself in an accident - but her desperation when it came to helping Yuri made everything entirely different.

 

"Oppa.. I know it's.. weird.. Not only have we known each other for less than a month.. We're also.. You know.. Both girls.."

 

"No, no." he shook his head, "You can't help it if you love someone, Yena."

 

"But.. Now that I know.. I don't know what to do, Oppa.. I don't think she'll talk to me."

 

"You won't know if you don't try." he patted her head softly, "I don't really know what I should say in this situation but.. If you love her and you're certain of how you feel, I will support you, okay?"

 

She nodded against his shoulder, giving him a hug. The two of them stayed like that for a while until Yena's phone, which was in her pants' pocket, vibrated. She nonchalantly took her phone out of her pocket but nearly freaked out when she saw the notification. She quickly tapped the notification, seeing the messages. 

 

 

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f525556426a7549394641316770513d3d2d3635383438323431392e313536623066353238303437386264623436343334353539333239312e706e67?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

 

 

 

After the last message Yuri sent, Yena immediately got up from the sofa and headed for the door. 

 

"Where are you going??" Sungmin stood up as well, following her to the door. "Do you know what time it is?"

 

"It's Yuri." Due to hurrying, Yena struggled to put on her shoes but managed to do so somehow. "She's at the park nearby. She asked to meet me. If you're worried you can wait for me nearby but I really have to go, Oppa."

 

"Agh.. Look at what she's done to you," Sungmin shook his head slightly before deciding. "I'm coming down with you. I'll stay at a distance.. It's almost 8pm."

 

Yena nodded, and the two of them went on their way. In time, the two of them could see the park and in it was Yuri, sitting on the swing by herself. Upon seeing her, Yena stopped in her tracks, unsure of whether she was actually ready to face Yuri. 

 

Sungmin gave her a slight push and when she turned to face him, he gave her a smile. 

 

"I'll stay over here so you can go and talk to her."

 

She was reluctant.. nervous. It's been a while since she talked to Yuri.. Actually, she hasn't seen Yuri since that incident after meeting Gyuri. She didn't know what Yuri could possibly want to talk about... And she was scared of what it could be.

 

She took a step.. and then another.. And she continued to carefully make her way to Yuri. When she had gotten close enough, she noticed that Yuri hasn't noticed her yet and continued to space out as she stared at her phone. 

 

Yena took a look and noticed that Yuri was staring at their conversation.

 

Taking a deep breath, trying to force out a word as run cold.. She called out to her. 

 

"Yuri?"

 

Yuri looked up from her phone as she heard her name. Just the sight of the older girl made her feel relieved. She didn't think Yena was going to come.. Then again, whenever she doubted Yena, Yena proved to her time and time again that she would come whenever Yuri called for her.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

"Unnie."

 

 

~ + ~

 

 

 

||a/n: Soooo.. A lot of things happened in this chapter. 

First off, Gyuri told Yena about her past with Yuri. And though Yena is still confused, our nice little duckie won't pry any further. Both Yuri and Yena have realized their feelings to a certain extent but Yuri is in denial while Yena is afraid.

I'm happy about Yena finally realizing her feelings for Yuri but I can't help but feel bad for Seoeon.. Sorry I created you to have your heart broken, Seoeon. I appreciate your contribution for our ship...

Anyways, this chapter was longer than I intended it to be.. This day ended up being very eventful so I cut it into two parts with the second part becoming chapter 8~ I won't be posting that immediately so I can still make some changes and improvements on it. Hope you liked this chapter~ I don't know how you're gonna the like the title of the next one though.||