Prologue

⫸Troubled Ⅰ⫷ MISLED

[Yuri's POV]

Jo Yuri. 16. 2nd Year High School. 

There's probably nothing interesting about me. I'm that girl with no special talents or any striking qualities. I'm just.. An average person. Actually, I take that back. I'm below average. Even my way of speaking is below average. Look, even my way of thinking is beyond boring. 

I sigh, my mind filled with these usual negative thoughts that I wonder why I haven't grown tired of yet. I walk the same street, the same way everyday. I was on my way to school where another torturous day would take place. Well, I used to think it was torturous. 

I don't anymore. 

I've gotten used to it. Being toyed with by other people was part of my routine. Being ordered around by both students and teachers, I guess I was just an easy target. Can't blame them though. My below average self is to blame for making everyone want to bully me. Maybe if I was a better person they would feel inclined to treat me better. 

I guess I'm really only good for use. 

Buying things for people, being the punching bag, taking the blame for any trouble... Those are some of my usual.. activities. I used to get worked up every time it happened but now I've learned to adapt. There's no use dwelling over it. 

Ah, there's the school. I kept walking on my own pace. It was pretty early, it always was when I went to school. When I go to school early, there are only a few people around so I can walk comfortably. I always hear people talking when it's crowded... I mean, who wouldn't. With all these bruises, I'm just asking to be talked about. 

I finally reached the school gates. As per usual, my first step into the school grounds signaled the start of a long and tiresome day...

But today was a bit different. 

"Yah, Jo Yuri," just as I walked past the gates, a voice calls out to me. I look to the side to see a girl. She was slightly taller than me and judging from the color of her ribbon, she was a third year. I look over at her name tag which read, Choi Yena.

"Yah," she called me again when she noticed I was spacing out.

"Y-yes..?" I reacted timidly. I can never bring myself to reply in any other way than weakly. It usually gets me in more trouble when I reply with even the slightest hint of confidence.

"Come see me at lunch. Class 3-1." she ordered without hesitation. Right after telling me what she wanted, she just walked away and entered the school building.

Ah, so it wasn't anything different. It's just my usual day. I guess she's the next person, huh? So this senior of mine, Choi Yena, is my next 'boss' it seems. Well, I just have to do whatever she asks me to and I'll be fine. I'll go to class.. 3-1, was it? I just need to listen.

That's all I have to do.