Author's Note & Intro to "Broken"

⫸Troubled Ⅰ⫷ MISLED

Warning: Wall of Text A/N Incoming. Feel free to skip the A/N if you wanna go straight to the next story reveal :)

 

About Misled::

If I were to summarize this entire story in one sentence, it would be this:

"Yuri meets Yena who she assumes is the boss of all bullies and the scariest of the scariest only to realize that her initial impression of Yena was all wrong and that Yena was actually a softie who would lead her to slowly getting over her brokenness."

The title of the story, Misled, may refer to one of many different cases of misleading events that took place in this story. It could be Jiyoung purposely misleading Yuri into thinking that Yena was a bad person, or it could also be pertaining to the various misunderstandings Yuri and Yena had while trying to sort their feelings. But generally, the true meaning of Misled in this story lies mostly on Yuri alone. 

Because the person who misled Yuri the most... was herself. Yuri's negative mindset along with the voices in her head caused her to have very misleading thoughts about other people. She was convincing herself into thinking negatively about other people in attempt to assure that she wouldn't expect anything more. 

She listened to those voices in her head and judged Yena's character purely based on her assumptions and past experiences with other people. She even thought Yena, along with Chaewon and Annyeongz, were some sort of school gang when in fact, they're just fluffy kids hanging out. 

Though it was a struggle, and a lot of things happened from then on, Yuri did manage to get over the voices in her head with Yena's help. Even as the writer of the story, I can't help but feel proud with the developments of this AU's Yuri. She's gone through a lot and it feels great to be able to write her being more open and honest to herself.

I honestly struggled when writing the ending. I wasn't sure how I wanted to "end" Misled. Of course, this world continues, and they will still appear in the other stories but I wondered how I wanted to seal everything. 

In the end, it started with Yena and Yuri.. So I wanted to end it with just the two of them... hence, the ending occurring when the two of them were alone and there was no one to interrupt them. It was a time for them to reflect on everything that happened and it was a time where Yuri was in completely peace with herself.

 

Why bullying?

Rather than showcasing bullying itself, I focused more on the aftermath and effects that bullying has to the victim. Instead of showing Yuri being abused all the time, I wanted to show what was going on inside her head and the internal conflicts that the abuse caused her. 

Sure, it would've been easier to just write bullying scenes. It was easy to have Yena beat Jiyoung's group a couple times (like they deserved tbh ) but I didn't want to focus on the fighting  and violent aspect of bullying. 

Sooo~ I decided I wanted to write about a victim getting over bullying. Instead of emphasizing Yuri's weak points, I wanted to show that Yuri was capable of being strong enough to control her own life. Since it would be difficult for someone in Yuri's state to take that first step purely from her own will, a will that was pretty much non-existent at the start, I needed Yena who had an optimistic and upright personality to influence her. 

People don't suddenly change which is why we needed Yena to be the catalyst. 

On a side note, I wanted to tell people something. Giving up is usually the easy way out. Both Yuri and Yena had a point in this story where they just felt hopeless.. but giving up doesn't do anything for you. It only hinders your growth as a person. 

While of course, there are situations where we need to know when to stop.. there are times there is something we could do yet we choose not to do it.

Yuri and Yena both grew in their own ways because they knew and accepted that they needed to do something - that they needed to make a move for their own sake... even if Yuri was just carried away most of the time. Hey! At least she did something! ヽ(o^▽^o)ノ

 

 

 

 

~ uwu ~

 

 

 

 

 

Okay! Anyways, for the most important part of this extra chapter.. I'll reveal the cover and pairing of our next story, "Broken".

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

You ready for it? :)

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

"Broken"

 

There you have it, everyone! As you all can probably tell from the cover, yes, the next story's main pairing will be Kkuchaen!! I'm sure some of you have already got ideas from the hints I've placed in Misled regarding the complicated relations surrounding Sakura and Chaeyeon in this AU.

Just so you all don't have trouble looking for them, I'll be the nice author and list the hints I placed in Misled for those who either missed it or didn't pay it too much mind. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

 

Chapter 6
‣ Yena teases Sakura about hanging out with a certain second year which is revealed through their chat as Chaeyeon
‣ Yena also asks Sakura about Chaeyeon and Eunbi, asking if the two are okay, hinting on a conflict between the two

Chapter 10
‣ Yena reveals in her relfection that Chaeyeon and Eunbi used to be in a relationship but broke up for an unspecified reason
‣ Yena also notes that Chaewon had feelings for Eunbi 

Chapter 11
‣ Here, Yena introduces Minjoo and also notes that it wasn't a secret that Minjoo liked Chaewon
‣ Yena also adds that Chaewon told her about Minjoo's confession though this scene was not included in Misled
‣ Yujin and Wonyoung want Chaewon to pick Minjoo as they think Eunbi is too complicated 

 

These hints that are featured in Misled are relevant to Broken and Waited, which are more connected to each other than they are to Misled. I don't think I need to explain things in detail, right? Reading the hints will give you a lot of ideas already~ 

I'll publish Broken's Preface and Prologue tomorrow so come and check it out then~ ヽ(・∀・)ノ

Misled officially ends here! Hope to see you guys stay for Broken!